Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

6,252 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

256 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full markdown support

I want full markdown support. This includes Headers, quotes, and possibly all the fancy charts and stuff. It would allow for better messages. Not to mention, bots could do a lot more with markdown.

3,926 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add /lenny

We have /shrug, but why we don't have /lenny?

693 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nicknames in Group Chats

Let us be able to have nicknames in group chats.
    For example, maybe you want to have a different name in that group chat because people there call you something different to what other people call you. This would come in handy as that just fixes that problem right there.

232 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Epilepsy-users support

Hello guys i got friend that is sick on Epilepsy and he is getting harmed very easily by flashy / fast moving emotes so my suggestion is adding a option that blocks flashy emotes /makes animated emotes black or something like that. Thanks for reading!! < 3

275 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prevent the text from being copied

My idea is to add the Discord some kind of chat rooms or an option which will prevent the text from being copied. This is great for those guys who are engaged in creativity, or, like me - translating articles. And unfortunately I see how some unscrupulous players lay out my articles as their own.

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ditch (edited), add a little asterisk by the timestamp

Anyone should be able to see whether messages have been edited, but the (edited) is really hard to miss. If you'd like to edit a joke to be funnier or fix a typo to not seem sloppy, the (edited) is added to make sure you can't pull it off. It ruins the magic.

So why not put it with the part of the message people do ignore ?
    Last Tuesday at 2:28 AM*

This uses an asterisk that serves the same purpose, and lets the user keep their blissful ignorance. We don't want to be reminded of the process that…

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update Discords Source Emojis to Twemoji 11.0

Yesterday, Twemoji 11.0 was released. It has a lot more emojis compared to Twemoji 2.2, which I think Discord currently uses (due to the lack of the starstruck emoji), Twemoji 11.0 has a LOT more (157 I think it said?) emojis to use and express ourselves with.

[https://blog.emojipedia.org/twemoji-11-0-emoji-changelog/]

Also, they added a bagel emoji. A BAGEL!

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search for users in the reactions list

I currently own a server with 6,575 members, which is discord partnered and sometimes we do competitions where when reacting to messages users may win a prize (usually giveaways). As a result, we usually get hundreds of reactions almost instantaneously, and it becomes a tedious job to search through the reaction lists to find a user.

I propose for a search feature in the reactions list for a message to be added, to allow users to search for users who have reacted to a post. It would be really helpful, and maybe have it similar to the general text chat…

142 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. cross server messeging

Cross-Server Text chat

This will allow Allied servers to share a text chat channel!
    Where I send another discord channel owner a link, and he sends me a link, and we are able to embed the link to a certain text channel. That way, if I type in my "across-server-general" text channel, him and everyone in his discord can see it show up on his text channel that has an embedded link. I would like to do this with 3 other discord owners that we have alliances with. That way We can link multiple discord text channels into 1 common…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rework /me command

Currently, the /me command exists but only changes your text to be italic, which you can easily do without the command and renders the command useless

I think changing the command so it works similarly to the "new member" messages would help bring life to the command.

For example: "/me [action]" simply outputs "[username] [action]" on one line, similarly to how the "new member" messages are structured.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Edit pinned messages

Edit pinned messages directly from the Pinned Message Window, without having to scroll back up in message history to when the message was originally sent.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Verified marks for default emojis

when you hover over an emoji, we have no idea whether it's an official emoji from you beautiful people working to keep discord alive, so we think that default emojis should get a verified mark next to the name when you hover over it, so custom emojis from servers would not have that mark.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Discord Nitro (Server perks)

Battle for the unification of communities!
    Hello! Good day, guys!
    I am writing from a small community in diskord. I am the owner of this server. We have organized a small active community that is growing every day. However, we are faced with such a problem that we can't use animated smileys that we create together and would like them to bring our community and the rest closer together. I know that these are the benefits of the "Discod nitro" subscription, but we are ready to make a General contribution to the Fund, so that the entire server will raise…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Color palettes

Hello, I have a suggestion that I think would be really nice. The thing would be to put a colour picker right next to the emoji picker so that we could write in any couleur we want. This would make Discord very bright and colourful! I hope you find my suggestion interesting!

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Font colors

I'd like to be able to type in different font colors. It'd make using multiple charcters easier and it'd be a lot easier to keep track of my posts in a busy channel. Thanks!

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Slowmode Interval

The recent Slowmode feature in Discord Canary is great! Saves us time of having to invite a bot into my server for the slow mode usage. There's just a slight problem with the built-in slow mode. We can only change it in increments of 5.

My suggestion is allow users to select a specific number between 1 second and 120 seconds. Instead of increments of 5, we can have increments of 1 or 3 seconds. Giving us more reasonable options to set a channel in slowmode for the sake of fast moving chat.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. put the message boundaries back or so help me

The faint lines between people's messages should be put back, it looks unorganised without them!

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Zoom-in emotes when hovering

Right now, the emote size is quite small even when posting it by itself. Twitch has a feature where you can hover over the emote to blow it up to full size - is that something we could add to Discord? I'd love to be able to see them bigger without having to drag the emote to a new tab.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improved Blocking

As it is right now, blocking someone is almost useless aside from them not being able to DM you. You still get unread notifications, you still see that annoying "x blocked messages" banner, and the person you blocked can still see you in servers you share with them. I propose several changes to this system:

1) Add a section in App Settings or Notifications for block that allows you to customize and manage your blocks. There's currently no list of people you've blocked which can be somewhat annoying if you have several people blocked. This is also where the following…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 115 116
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base