Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow @mentions to be used only by specific roles

Right now custom roles can either be mentioned by everyone in the server, or no one at all. Having a setting to give a specific role ping access would be amazing for every discord server that uses custom roles.

Instead of having
    "Allow anyone to @mention this role"
    we could have
    "Allow <select role> to @mention this role"

This can work similar to how @here and @everyone do: If the user doesn't have access to ping @role, then a notification won't be sent and that message won't be highlighted.

This is a feature highly wanted by every Role Based Discord…

2,777 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

58 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow server admins to view the server from the point of view of different roles

It would be useful to be able to view my server as if I was a member with a certain role, to check that I can access the correct rooms and use the correct features in the right places. I believe facebook has a similar feature for people viewing your profile, it would be useful on discord.

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make an ability to click on roles and check descriptions for those roles, so people have a better understanding of them.

For example, we can click on somebodys profile, and where the roles usually are, we can click on them or hover our mouse over them so a little box with a description pops up. Mobile users will have to press the roles, while PC people can hover over it. This will provide a larger opportunity for people in your discord server to understand those roles, and no confusion. Thanks; hope this gets approved!

822 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advanced role permissions

It would be cool if you would make permissions more advanced, like.

You can do @here but you can't @everyone.
    You can role someone VIP but you can't role someone Veteran.
    You can pin messages but you can't delete messages.
    You can create emojis but you can't remove any.

774 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. slowmode bypass permission

Add a new role permission; BYPASS_SLOWMODE (Bypass Slowmode). This permission is self-explanatory. It will allow users with that role to bypass all channels' slowmode.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make permissions more advanced.

Give users the ability to go to an advanced mode to create permissions with a simple code language. With code you can combine permissions in much more different ways and can create new permissions out of this.

For example: {role:member}{can-mention:trusted;moderator}... and go on.

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Role-to-role permissions

Summary:
    - Give certain roles permissions over other roles.
    - Lets group leaders have authority over their group.
    - New permission: Manage certain roles.

Imagine you have multiple groups/clans in the same server. You want each group leader to have authority over their group. This might include permissions like muting, moving, adding new members, removing old members, deleting messages made by group members, ect.

Currently, the closest you can get to this is by having a general "Group Leader" role. This role has the permissions that you want them to have over their group. However, they have these permissions over…

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Discord Advanced Roles.

Can the (Manage Roles) option be more advanced? It should be two buttons. 1) Give Roles. and 2) Create/Edit Roles. Because whenever I give mods/admins permission to Manage Roles for them to give others roles, the outcome is always them making stupid roles or deleting my current ones.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Restrict posting links

Enable/disable posting links for specific roles.

449 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Password Protected Text Channel For The Protection Of Private Information.

We should have password encrypted text channel, what if we are having text channel to exchange some important information and we don't want other than us to get that information, i know that can be done by giving roles but in case if we are afk? like that there can be infinite possibilities where a password encrypted text channel can be proved much better than assigning roles.

121 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. conditional roles

So, I think roles and channels should have the permissions changed so you can have AND, OR, and NOT statements in role requirements. Such as "contains Division 1 and Lieutenant" or "NOT muted". This would be useful for all kinds of servers, from groups to just making muted roles much easier for public chatrooms.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. View Member List Permission

I'm in an LGBTQ+ server and because of the server's topic it gets a lot of trolls and biggits. The server has a system where you need to be verified through a simple process to be able to access the rest of the server. Recently a troll that was not verified DMed me and called me the f-slur and a few other things (I assume they found me through the member list). If a "view member list" permission they would not have been able to find and DM me. The server owner/moderator would simply go into the role settings for…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. custom pfp for discord servers

Add the ability to have a custom pfp in discord servers.
    It'll work like with nicknames in servers, but instead of a nickname it's with a pfp.
    This trait can be applied to everyone or certain roles or could be disabled entirely if you don't want this feature.
    What it let's you do basically is have your normal pfp all the time, but in certain servers you could have a different pfp.
    Note: if your dming a person that in a server they have a different pfp, it doesn't display the pfp with the nicknames.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Permissions for Role Mentions

I think it would be great if we could have some sort of "role-mention permission" system.

Basically, how I'm imagining it:

When you are editing a role, besides the toggle that says "Allow anyone to mention this role", it should be renamed "Mentionable". Then there would be a permissions section that would let people with manage permissions to choose people with certain roles to mention that role. And since Administrators bypass everything they can be able to mention all mentionable roles.

This would be great because some servers have that "announcement" or "news" role that they ping, but this can…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Role colors

Roles can use more than 1 colour.
    For example "YouTube" the YOU can be white and TUBE can be red.

So you would highlight the text you want to be a different colour and you can change it

81 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Permission to only add/remove roles for yourself

Basically a duplicate the "manage roles" permission but without the ability to edit the roles or change the roles of other users. making it so you can add or remove roles just for yourself under your current role.

Use Example: a Members role with this ability and a bunch of pre-set colored roles under "Members" that the owner created so users can pick a colored name role.

example 2: a bunch of category roles to basically opt in or out of server channels (like: stream notifications, nsfw channels, a games channel)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom Name Backgrounds

Custom backgrounds for names/Roles to improve readability for darker role colors (Such as dark blue) and to give recognition to special roles (Such as Patrons or Sponsors).

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Roles that can give you a different chat colour

For me, I reckon it's pretty annoying having to check someones account to see if they have Permissions, but what if you could just see it from their chat colour? I’ve proposed an idea:

In the ”roles” section when you edit permissions, there should be a ”Chat colour - on/off” sort of thing where, if you want, you can change their chat colour due to their role. You could do this with higher roles and it would be VERY beneficial! That's why I think there should be an option of changing their typing colour when they chat! (don't decline bc…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Making it so only certain roles can ping roles that are set as pingable

Okay so, it's actually a fairly simple concept. So, we all know how you can make roles pingable by clicking that "Allow anyone to @mention this role".

1. Now, what if we change that? What instead of what it currently is, it was changed to "Allow anyone with administrator permissions to @mention this role", I mean, overall that would make more sense considering it's not necessary for others to ping the role, just ways for people to annoy everyone else in the server.

2. I understand that giving the administrator permission is overpowered so here would be my second solution…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make negative perms outweigh positive perms if the role is higher!

Make negative perms be able to override positive perms! Currently in discord, if a member (let's call them Rick) has a role that has the permission, for example, send messages, any other role with that permission denied cannot block Rick from sending messages, even if that role is higher. For example, Rick has the role "member" which has sending messages enabled. I want to suggest that if Rick has a role, for example, "muted", that is above the "member" role, and "muted" has sending messages disabled, that Rick will not be able to send messages. Sorry if this is confusing!

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base