How can we improve Discord?

Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

6,247 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Devin02 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

256 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Holy Doggo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course soemthing that should be turned off by default for servers and be turned on. I think a new “fun settings” for servers would accommodate the reintroduction of @someone nicely

• PC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us hype, my brethren and sisters. In case they do, of course.

• sladewatkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be cool. Especially for the content creators who are giving away, for example, a game to a random person in the chat. It should also be able to be toggled by server admins or owners.

• damnit_dolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be cool to pick a random person in the server to do something or pick a winner for a giveaway or something

• Elias Stazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked @someone since if I just wanted to talk to someone when I was lonely I could just say "@someone plz help i haz teh homeworkz" and it was nice

• BleedingOptimism commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would quite like this, but it has two problems.
    1. It can @ someone offline.
    2. It can @ an inactive user. (yes, this should be up to the admins, but still)

To fix #2, it's feasible that a bot could control access to a raffle channel and @someone would only @ a person with access to that text channel.

• drgon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not gonna lie, This is actually a cool idea, It can be used for art raffles and such

• Kippy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for creator servers to drive more user engagement

• xCustomWorld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how Jamie suggested, that admins could have permission to do @someone for giveaways, etc.

Like the idea, and could be nice "Easter Egg"

• BM64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see it the @someone more a annoying and could be used for trolling, April Fool joke fair enough

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base