How can we improve Discord?

rainbow

basically if the user buys nitro they can make their name rainbow *color changeing* in any server that supports it *they can turn it on and off in server settings*i think it would be cool if u do add it and wonna hmu disc is togglekid#6705 also the user that has the rainbow can disable it so the server dosent have too if they wonna be lame and stuffs kthxbai

2,364 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

togglekid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

195 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Naryek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    Feel like this wouldn’t be great for massive servers potentially too much computer resources as there would be a lot of names constantly changing colours

  • suood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    togglekid just get BetterDiscord and make this a thing only you can see

  • ⌬ iHack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    As I posted in my other comment on another topic some time ago, this would kill CPU for ppl with bad CPU, no thanks, bad idea.

  • FallFlatMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    Garbage. I'd hate to be a public server owner with Nitro users impersonating high ranks by matching the colors. That would be 90% of what happens with a feature like this. The other 10% would be Nitro users accidentally confusing people in chat as to what rank they have because they chose a color that doesn't match up with a rank. Basically it would mean that you'd have to click each person who sends a message to see whether they actually have the rank their color suggests. Actually think about the potential consequences before just slapping the vote button...

  • Noxillio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    This would cause a shit ton of lag as so many people now have Nitro, and in case you haven't noticed, even emojis (especially animated emojis, because they're gifs), can cause substantial amounts of lag when used several times at once. Ergo, multiple "rainbow names" showing up in chat and/or the member list would cause just as much lag.

  • 1 Whoring1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    i like this, doesnt have to be rainbow-color only, Can also just give nitro users an option to make the name simply glow in whatever color, kinda lika legacy BTTV supporters on have on twitch chats. That would be cool, to have neon glowing name for being a nitro user.

  • Maxッ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    This is not a good idea.

    It could cause lag.

    It would also make the gap between non paid Discord and paid Discord larger, and too be honest, thats not good.

  • NickPDX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    Theres no point in doing it, and it would seriously lag mobile devices. I personally wouldn't like this.

  • Technetium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    I'm not in favor of more updates to content on screen than necessary. Performance comes first.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base