How can we improve Discord?

Support Playing Linux Games from the Store

https://twitter.com/discordapp/status/1027688655681478656

You said that playing games from the new Discord store isn't planned. It should be.

540 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fritzy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Blue Hampster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would probably just continue buying from Steam, but I don't know if this is difficult to do. Would be a good addition though.

• あっじ "Azzy" - Luddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely would love this feature. Needs to include support for Proton and other Wine/DXVK games, could even hook in with Lutris to achieve that. Please support Linux, we need larger companies such as Discord to push other companies in the right direction to supporting this free and open platform! <3

• Cyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They could implement steams proton system as well, since it is open source to help try run games that dont have a linux version

• Cassandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To those Linux users out there who are complaining, this is not true.
    Store is currently in Beta, and is not fully released yet. Windows has taken the priority for running smoothly simply because there's vastly more people who use the platform compared to Linux and OSX!
    HOWEVER this has not stated that it's gone fully without being ignored... As in the Reddit link below from a Dev, they are prepared for Linux and Mac once they are ready to test for it!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/9kmj7v/a_total_of_20_games_on_the_discord_store_already/e70lf4j

• Patola [Linux] L2G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second that. And your competition is steam, which is a big linux support. Are you sure you want to let your bases uncovered?

• 【|<>|】 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see why Linux should be treated differently from Windows and macOS. This should happen.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please support Linux. I really love the Discord platform, but unfortunately, it looks like I will have to keep using Steam instead to purchase my games unless Discord supports Linux. I don't expect that much extra engineering effort needed on your end to support it either given that you already use the cross-platform Electron framework, so Linux support is pretty much already a freebie with one extra line in your build script.

• AcidMonkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Please, Please.... you have been so great at supporting Linux to this point don't drop the ball now. with windows potentially moving to a paid desktop service you surely can see the potential for people to migrate from windows.. be ahead of the game support Linux and the Linux community will support you...

• tuxutku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My windows friends really depend on me , i can simply say them to buy on steam

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base