Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. THE BAN HAMMER HAS SPOKEN screen

At the moment when you get banned, the server just disappears. How about some sort of info box which lets you know that you just got kicked or banned, including who banned you and with what reason.

1,979 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen Sharing without a camera

So I am one of the 5% of the people who can test Screen Sharing, but I've noticed that Screen Sharing requires to start a video call, which requires a camera. Basically, you can't start a screen sharing session without having a webcam. I think we should be able to start screen sharing without having one as I don't really understand why it would require one.

673 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replace "Invalid or Expired" with "You Are Banned" message.

OK, so if you were banned from a server now, you would get "That invite is Invalid or Expired" message upon trying to join...

How about replace that message with the following:
    "Sorry, You are Banned from that server!"

Concept Pictures:

https://gyazo.com/34042f3196eda8f035a616548f475051

https://gyazo.com/b3238f774ff060d47e9bcaf4156cf698

https://gyazo.com/b10ce0e3b8d5fe8c082064345a6ccc10
    (I can't inspect element on Android, so you can probably guess how it would look on Android)

Thanks for reading!

1,105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it…

647 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

552 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Picarto integration

We've already got Twitch integration, so why not Picarto as well?

https://picarto.tv/

While Discord may have been designed for gaming, it's definitely used by more than just the gaming community. We've got Patreon integration already as well, so why not add a popular streaming service used by artists? Just like with Twitch, simply being able to show you're streaming and link to the stream page would go a long way!

I even got memed on by @discordapp and drew a picture for this, make it happen guys.

3,327 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

269 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make minimum window size an optional feature.

Ever since the last update (earlier today), discord has now a minimum window size.

However, this minimum window size is way waaay too big for me. I want my window way smaller than that, I like to keep discord opened on my second screen and I only really need to see the last 2~3 messages.
    Right now, discord takes up half of my screen, I don't need or want it to take up that much of the screen.

I can see how it's needed in certain occasions, or how it's handy for a few people. I also know there's been…

374 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Discord for the Nintendo Switch

Just a simple idea

5,997 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

609 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search exclusions

I would love to see a feature in search for exclusions, Stuff like:
    not-from: user
    not-in: channel
    not-during: date
    etc.

I find that a lot of times I know what I don't want to find. And having exclusion filters would be an easy way to filter out the extra noise.

992 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the way NSFW channels are labeled to icons. Example attached.

https://i.imgur.com/hHffIKQ.png

Image wasn't made by me, so credit goes to whoever created it. I just thought it was a good idea.

2,409 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Welcome screen for new members.

CONCEPT: https://i.imgur.com/34mH7dv.png It would be nice to have a way for new members to read the basic stuff before entering a server. Like rules, where to find specific channels, and just some info in general.

206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Busy Status Indicator

With the different status' available the use of Do Not Disturb seems a little harsh when maybe you are only in the middle of a game or just busy working and may not be able to answer right away but are open to receiving messages. Online shows too much leniency and notification sounds. This is why I believe we should have a "Busy" status indicator that doesn't give notification sounds much like Do Not Disturb but allows other users to know we will get back to them albeit a bit delayed. The color could be Pink or Blue.

321 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New Loading Lines

Hey, thanks for taking your time to come here with your amazing ideas for new Loading Lines! You can comment them here instead of making a new suggestion just for it. What you can also do is Tweet them to @discordapp.

This suggestion also functions as a Megathread to merge new Loading Line sugegstions into. When merging them, please add a comment of the suggested line as well so that it doesn't get lost.
    ~ Your friends at https://discord.gg/discord-feedback

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a server setting to disallow private messages to users

As a large guild owner, we fairly constantly get people who private message members in our server with "Steam gift code" or other sorts of scams.

Add an option to disallow people from direct messaging other users if their only mutual server is ours. However, friend settings will override this (as it makes sense). This will help in large servers that try to keep their users safe.

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement new version of Opus (v1.2)

New version of Opus is out, lots of improvements, also for speech
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,114234/topicseen.html
    https://people.xiph.org/~jm/opus/opus-1.2/

"- Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
    - Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
    - More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
    - Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
    - Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
    - Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
    - DTX support for CELT mode
    - SILK CBR improvements
    - Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-06 (the mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
    -…

608 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow only admins/moderators to mention certain roles

For example, let's say there's a beta tester role. We don't want everyone to be able to mention that role, that would lead to tons of spam and abuse. Why not have an option to allow just admins to mention that role instead of everyone?

841 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Be invisible on one server but online on another.

We can choose on which server we are online but invisible on other. Imagine I am on a server but I want to leave them to devote myself to another server without being told "you were online ... Why not be with us ... Liar" Because yes sometimes I was lying . For having peace on another servers. Thank you !

680 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the Offline list on sidebar when a server has 100+ members

Or, otherwise put, don't make it disappear when reaching 100+ members.

For me, an admin in three servers, a mod in a few others and a member of various Discord servers, losing this list is just dumb and annoying, and it doesn't affect performance at all for me. (see the last paragraph for me elaborating on this)

Make the function toggle-able or lose it. I want to be able to see offline members in Indie Game Utopia (main server I am admin'ing in.) and others to see it as well, in a server that's made for small indies to talk…

861 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Solution to 2500+ member mobile push notification limit

Currently discord disables mobile push notifications once a server reaches 2500+ members. Only mentions and tags create notifications beyond that point.

Please raise this limit to 5000+ members.

A better solution would be to add an option for a premium server that would remove this limit. Users that manage servers of this size typically wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee to preserve mobile push notifications.

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

3,397 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

311 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 403 404
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base