Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password Protected Servers

It would be a great if you could set a password for people to join the server. For example, if someone clicks the instant invite link, they are prompted for a password, which the owner can give them. I think this would stop random people joining the server if the invite link gets spread.

5,243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

248 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

2,191 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it…

3,544 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow changing color for @everyone

Being able to change the color for the everyone role would have positive benefits across the board (especially with server theming)

1,560 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Colorblind

I have deuteranopia (red/green) and I can't differentiate the colors in the activity status bubble. Adding a tool tips kind of function where I can hover the mouse over the bubble to see if they are active/away/busy/offline etc would go a long way to those affected by deuteranopia colorblindness determine the activity status of users.

1,608 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
    > Categories
    -channels
    >Sub-Categories
    -channels
    (apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

1,139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

2,476 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Loading Lines

Hey, thanks for taking your time to come here with your amazing ideas for new Loading Lines! You can comment them here instead of making a new suggestion just for it. What you can also do is Tweet them to @discordapp.

This suggestion also functions as a Megathread to merge new Loading Line sugegstions into. When merging them, please add a comment of the suggested line as well so that it doesn't get lost.
    ~ Your friends at https://discord.gg/discord-feedback

614 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

393 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mute symbol should look different when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves.

Why does the mute symbol look the same when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves? Many times now I've muted a user some other day, don't remember it, join a channel where he is and I just think he's muted himself and I probably talk over him.

756 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Black Bar

That new black title bar is so agonizing, that make me feel like if I had less space to see the messages in servers, I would like to back to the previous version!

274 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

1,524 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
    This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

500 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a server setting to disallow private messages to users

As a large guild owner, we fairly constantly get people who private message members in our server with "Steam gift code" or other sorts of scams.

Add an option to disallow people from direct messaging other users if their only mutual server is ours. However, friend settings will override this (as it makes sense). This will help in large servers that try to keep their users safe.

677 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Vacation Mode (Out of Office)

Even though it may be terrifying. There are times when we will not have access to Discord or any internet to begin with. Usually this has to do with being on vacation, moving, or something else.

Despite telling everyone about your plans to go to Wumpton Island, inevitably people will not get the message or forget.

This mode fixes this by automatically replying to DM's and mentions with a prewritten message. Your status also changes "On break" with a light blue color, this status is treated like any offline user.

591 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

989 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make minimum window size an optional feature.

Ever since the last update (earlier today), discord has now a minimum window size.

However, this minimum window size is way waaay too big for me. I want my window way smaller than that, I like to keep discord opened on my second screen and I only really need to see the last 2~3 messages.
    Right now, discord takes up half of my screen, I don't need or want it to take up that much of the screen.

I can see how it's needed in certain occasions, or how it's handy for a few people. I also know there's been…

898 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Busy Status Indicator

With the different status' available the use of Do Not Disturb seems a little harsh when maybe you are only in the middle of a game or just busy working and may not be able to answer right away but are open to receiving messages. Online shows too much leniency and notification sounds. This is why I believe we should have a "Busy" status indicator that doesn't give notification sounds much like Do Not Disturb but allows other users to know we will get back to them albeit a bit delayed. The color could be Pink or Blue.

1,016 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

322 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a option to make servers publicly viewable if not signed in

Some platforms do not allow discord links because its not viewable publicly without signing in. A good example of this is the ROBLOX game dev platform, it's large, but moderators can't easily view discord servers without joining as a user.

I suggest making it possible for servers to allow viewing it publicly, this could also make it easier for people to determine if they want to join it. And even use it as a public platform for posting news, etc.

Although i can see issues with non-signed in users going past rate limits, but that could be a temporary ip…

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. <name> is online.

Something similar to skype where you get a notification if your friend comes online. There should also be an option to disable this for certain friends or entirely.

1,896 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 465 466
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base