Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Picarto integration

We've already got Twitch integration, so why not Picarto as well?

https://picarto.tv/

While Discord may have been designed for gaming, it's definitely used by more than just the gaming community. We've got Patreon integration already as well, so why not add a popular streaming service used by artists? Just like with Twitch, simply being able to show you're streaming and link to the stream page would go a long way!

I even got memed on by @discordapp and drew a picture for this, make it happen guys.

2,886 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

255 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Discord for the Nintendo Switch

Just a simple idea

5,150 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

547 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the way NSFW channels are labeled to icons. Example attached.

https://i.imgur.com/hHffIKQ.png

Image wasn't made by me, so credit goes to whoever created it. I just thought it was a good idea.

1,588 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search exclusions

I would love to see a feature in search for exclusions, Stuff like:
    not-from: user
    not-in: channel
    not-during: date
    etc.

I find that a lot of times I know what I don't want to find. And having exclusion filters would be an easy way to filter out the extra noise.

454 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not show "typing" when invisible

The client should not send the "typing" event when the current mode is Invisible

Often when you are invisible you sometimes hit a key and it shows the whole server you're here for a few seconds even when you don't plan on sending a message. Invisible mode gets ruined because of that doesn't it?

2,885 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to set the whole server as adults only rather than taggin all channels.

This having to label every channel as NSFW is just causing a mess. Instead allow us who run servers with a mature audience to set the whole server as NSFW or 18+.

As it is now, my server doesn't allow kids in as we want a community where everyone is an adult, works for a living and doesn't have time for all the drama etc. that comes with the younger audience servers. We're a place to come and play, talk shop, relax, be foul mouthed etc.

985 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

2,111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

156 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. THE BAN HAMMER HAS SPOKEN screen

At the moment when you get banned, the server just disappears. How about some sort of info box which lets you know that you just got kicked or banned, including who banned you and with what reason.

243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show an indication in the voice channel that a user is currently live.

Show an indication in the voice channel when a user is currently streaming in that specific and show which user is live.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/zMG3kI2.png

795 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need Karaoke with microphone effects, and audio adapter streaming NOW!

WHAT THIS GUY JUST SAYS... BUT BETTER...

Hey guys, if you got a couple minutes, please hear me out!

So, I come from a not-too-far-off app called Raidcall. As you may know, Raidcall's US servers shut down and is now primarily hosted in Russia. Since then, I found plenty of reason to comfortably move to Discord with the rest of my friends. To be perfectly honest, Discord has pretty much everything that made Raidcall awesome to me-- but there's just one thing that made Raidcall awesome that pretty much nobody else did:

Music Mode. Raidcall had a simple button that…

1,123 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Whiteboard Integration

I think it would be nice if Discord had some kind of drawing board for sharing quick ideas that are less understandable through words, like telling your friend how you outplayed someone in League if you forgot to record it, or planning your strategy in CSGO, or just to draw pictures for fun. This would be very helpfel to Tactical gamers.
    Imagine you're planning your strategy on that board with the map as background image, and during the operation you can press a key to make it appear in the overlay. Ideally, you can also ping the enemies' last know…

5,260 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. lift the ban on self-harm talks

i don't support lifting the ban on NSFW content outside of NSFW chats, that is really intrusive and shouldn't be unbanned

i must also preface that I don't support the unbanning of lolicon, shotacon, and guro, that is heavily normalizing of pedophilia and could seriously affect people who have histories involving abuse

however, the ban on self-harm will inevitably lead to people avoiding talking about the issues that affect them. when people are contemplating, it should be obvious that a space in which they can talk about their issues without legal action against them or account suspending, and it's obviously…

379 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A new "video" channel type, for server-wide video share

We have voice channels, text channels, DM Channels, and Group DM's.

Video is coming to discord, to DM channels, to Group DM channels, but not to servers.

If servers had "Video" channels with their own permissions like, "connect to channel", "send video", "send audio", "view video", "hear audio", etc, that would be so useful.

Think of the possibilities, bots can play videos and everyone can watch them, bots can control what plays.

We could have stats channels, like say a tournament is being ran, you could make a bot live show the tournament/game, with stats, information, just like watching a…

550 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow only admins/moderators to mention certain roles

For example, let's say there's a beta tester role. We don't want everyone to be able to mention that role, that would lead to tons of spam and abuse. Why not have an option to allow just admins to mention that role instead of everyone?

249 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audit log if messages are deleted

I agree with the stance it's the user's right to delete their message and have it be deleted, I think it should be logged that a message was in fact deleted, in what channel, by who, and who's message. With reasons. This would allow you to see if a mod is deleting tons of messages for no reason quietly, or if you swear you saw something suspicious and you think it got deleted, you can check that. No message content needed.

501 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change emoticons to Blobs

They are better and have way more variety.

271 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating…

7,196 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show who adds a bot in the audit logs

When someone adds a bot to your server, you wanna know who to get angry at if the bot goes nuts don't you?

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement new version of Opus (v1.2)

New version of Opus is out, lots of improvements, also for speech
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,114234/topicseen.html
    https://people.xiph.org/~jm/opus/opus-1.2/

"- Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
    - Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
    - More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
    - Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
    - Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
    - Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
    - DTX support for CELT mode
    - SILK CBR improvements
    - Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-06 (the mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
    -…

144 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Gift Other Users Nitro

As a big community owner, it'd be nice to have the ability to gift other users Nitro for giveaways or for people who can't afford it.

3,335 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 409 410
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base