Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dyslexic and Visually Impaired Accessibility

Add options for custom fonts, colors, sizes, etc. for those who need easier visual access. I am dyslexic and cannot use the desktop app because of the font style. The most I can do is zoom in on my system to make the entire application bigger, but that doesn't help much at all. I would also like to add a colorblind mode to make the app more accessible to those who are colorblind (this especially is an issue with the online status bubbles), as well as a custom background color option. I have several friends who need to use the…

8,411 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

570 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. disable explicit image filtering for bot accounts

as the owner of one of the biggest nsfw bots the explicit image filtering of all bots accs breaks my opt-on commands, explicit image filtering for bots should use the users and bot owners filter settings and not be on by default for all bots

4,603 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2810 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track who joined through what invite.

Raids happen all the time. Public Discord server owners and staff team members know this. Sometimes raiders join from advertisements, and sometimes they are invited from users in the server. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see where these raiders joined from?

I would like a feature that would allow us to see what users joined on each invite, along with other sources, like the widget.

The way I imagine this to function would be that people with the permission may go into the instant invites page, then click on the invite that they wish to see who…

3,163 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

4,960 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

221 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back our selfbots!

Hi discordians. We get why you wanted selfbots gone, but we miss the utility of them, and bots often don't suffice. So here is my suggestion.

Option one: Bring back selfbots, but only for nitro users. This way you can combat everyone and their brother using a selfbot OR if everyone does use one, you make some money from it.

Option two (my favorite): Bring back selfbots, but with a dedicated selfbot api. Let it have higher ratelimits than regular accounts to combat spammers. Along with this, you could even possibly add a selfbot setting in the server settings, disallowing…

821 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

186 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. rainbow

basically if the user buys nitro they can make their name rainbow *color changeing* in any server that supports it *they can turn it on and off in server settings*i think it would be cool if u do add it and wonna hmu disc is togglekid#6705 also the user that has the rainbow can disable it so the server dosent have too if they wonna be lame and stuffs kthxbai

1,784 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Toggle the offline member list

I understand that this was just reverted from only being toggled off if a server has 100+ members. But please let us be able to toggle it off. It lags mobile clients, and completely hard crashes it most of the time. It also really slows performance on desktop as well. Even having an option in the server menu to hide it for yourself would be great. Just something.

1,931 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow @mentions to be used only by specific roles

Right now custom roles can either be mentioned by everyone in the server, or no one at all. Having a setting to give a specific role ping access would be amazing for every discord server that uses custom roles.

Instead of having
    "Allow anyone to @mention this role"
    we could have
    "Allow <select role> to @mention this role"

This can work similar to how @here and @everyone do: If the user doesn't have access to ping @role, then a notification won't be sent and that message won't be highlighted.

This is a feature highly wanted by every Role Based Discord…

1,628 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. nitro the badget changes colors every year

I propose for the best fideles nitro discord, each year a color changes in the nitro bgadet!
    same day: (gray nitro)
    1 years: (green nitro)
    2 years (bronze nitro)
    3 years (silver nitro)
    4 years (gold nitro)

thank you ^^

1,799 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stereo Audio for audio sharing (& adding audio sharing to 'Your Entire Screen' option)

After requesting audio sharing to discord it was implemented, and its great! But it is lacking a few features that would make it fantastic.
    -Stereo audio
    -Audio sharing when sharing entire screen

The audio is forced to mono when audio sharing, stereo is better in every way, and you could even make stereo a Nitro feature if you wanted. (But a free option would be awesome)

Right now you have to only share a specific 'Application Window' to share audio, and this does not allow people to see layered windows within software (main examples are when working on music the…

977 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support Playing Linux Games from the Store

https://twitter.com/discordapp/status/1027688655681478656

You said that playing games from the new Discord store isn't planned. It should be.

278 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ps4

make it so we can connect our ps4 accounts to our discord profiles! i want people to see what games i’m playing on ps4

1,672 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full markdown support

I want full markdown support. This includes Headers, quotes, and possibly all the fancy charts and stuff. It would allow for better messages. Not to mention, bots could do a lot more with markdown.

3,303 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

150 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add timestamps to DM voice calls

Add timestamps to DM voice calls to see how long the voice call went for.

702 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
    Something cool to think about.

4,901 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Nitro for Mobile

Make people be able to get nitro on mobile iTunes/Google Play Store

1,152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

4,761 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Increase Group DM Size

Here is my friend groups dilemma.

We have roughly 14 friends in our friend group who love to video call.
    People will often say-'Make a private server to house all of you' but we want to video call at the same time. Discords cap of 10 people per private dm disables us to all video call at the same time.

We have been forced to remove one of our friends and add another continuously because we cannot add more than 10 people to a group dm to video call.

✔I personally feel that group DM Size should be increased and…

197 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Way to save and switch profiles quickly

My little brother always logs me out of my own profile and uses his own, and it sometimes just annoys me to login again. There should a list of saved profiles in the login screen, so that when you click it, it automatically logs you in to that profile.

1,308 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Profile backgrounds

The ability for nitro users to add slightly faded backgrounds to their profiles, almost like how rich presence covers have images fading into the background (rich presence cover: https://gyazo.com/7658464b4afb3f5546f73fb151326d51) Made an example: https://imgur.com/a/y8Jb1

4,699 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 821 822
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base