Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

2,328 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

142 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. disable explicit image filtering for bot accounts

as the owner of one of the biggest nsfw bots the explicit image filtering of all bots accs breaks my opt-on commands, explicit image filtering for bots should use the users and bot owners filter settings and not be on by default for all bots

615 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

368 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optionally display users timezone/current time on the account tab

Giving users the option to display their current time somewhere on their profile would making organizing events as well as general chatter much easier on large servers with people from across the world!

1,558 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. rainbow

basically if the user buys nitro they can make their name rainbow *color changeing* in any server that supports it *they can turn it on and off in server settings*i think it would be cool if u do add it and wonna hmu disc is togglekid#6705 also the user that has the rainbow can disable it so the server dosent have too if they wonna be lame and stuffs kthxbai

577 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

3,450 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. THE LFG TAB!!!

As someone has already said, GIVE LFG BACK PLEASE. I'TS TOO GOOD TO TAKE AWAY!! I've personally made quite a few friends in that lfg tab, and i run into them and others ive played with before quite consistently using it some more.

2,794 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

557 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Track who joined through what invite.

Raids happen all the time. Public Discord server owners and staff team members know this. Sometimes raiders join from advertisements, and sometimes they are invited from users in the server. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see where these raiders joined from?

I would like a feature that would allow us to see what users joined on each invite, along with other sources, like the widget.

The way I imagine this to function would be that people with the permission may go into the instant invites page, then click on the invite that they wish to see who…

659 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
    Something cool to think about.

2,967 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Profile backgrounds

The ability for nitro users to add slightly faded backgrounds to their profiles, almost like how rich presence covers have images fading into the background (rich presence cover: https://gyazo.com/7658464b4afb3f5546f73fb151326d51) Made an example: https://imgur.com/a/y8Jb1

3,044 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Full markdown support

I want full markdown support. This includes Headers, quotes, and possibly all the fancy charts and stuff. It would allow for better messages. Not to mention, bots could do a lot more with markdown.

1,274 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. nitro the badget changes colors every year

I propose for the best fideles nitro discord, each year a color changes in the nitro bgadet!
    same day: (gray nitro)
    1 years: (green nitro)
    2 years (bronze nitro)
    3 years (silver nitro)
    4 years (gold nitro)

thank you ^^

434 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to Only Appear Online to Friends

I think there should be an option in privacy settings that allows you to appear as online to your friends only. To everyone else you would appear as offline.

3,773 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to listen and play things at the same time.

If you are playing a game but also listening to Spotify you should be able to have your status as "Listening to Spotify while playing (Insert title of game)" A lot of people play video games while playing Spotify so I'm sure a lot of people would love for this to be implemented.

2,174 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timed mute

I'd like to see a feature added which allows server owns like myself to temporary ban, voice channel mute, and text-mute users.

This feature would be extremely helpful as currently all account bans, mutes, and text-mute are permanent affects which have to be manually edited which can become a huge hassle when trying to control over 3,000 other members at once.

Timed options:
    * 5 minute,
    * 10 minute,
    * 30 minute,
    * 1 hour,
    * 1 day,
    * custom timed ban.

1,708 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Way to save and switch profiles quickly

My little brother always logs me out of my own profile and uses his own, and it sometimes just annoys me to login again. There should a list of saved profiles in the login screen, so that when you click it, it automatically logs you in to that profile.

433 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Nitro for Mobile

Make people be able to get nitro on mobile iTunes/Google Play Store

303 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Toggle the offline member list

I understand that this was just reverted from only being toggled off if a server has 100+ members. But please let us be able to toggle it off. It lags mobile clients, and completely hard crashes it most of the time. It also really slows performance on desktop as well. Even having an option in the server menu to hide it for yourself would be great. Just something.

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ps4

make it so we can connect our ps4 accounts to our discord profiles! i want people to see what games i’m playing on ps4

283 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Avatar image change time

Dear Discord,

Out of the many service platforms that I have used for gaming and social media, I have never encountered one with an hour cooldown for avatar and name changes. Many services allow infinite changes, which I personally support. Even if, for some unlikely reason, you've determined that a limit is necessary, I ask that you change the time to something less ridiculous than an hour.
    Many people change their avatar images because compared to other platforms like Steam, discords avatar image review system is mediocre at best. That, in combination with your outstandingly high cooldown, has pissed off…

552 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lifetime option for Discord Nitro

Hi Guys,

I thought that a lifetime option would be really cool.
    However, I've already seen a few threads that contain the same, but I think that's really bad.

Discord is a really awesome program which now has some benefits, as you should not introduce a nitro rank is too expensive.
    I mean 5 € are not much but there are more people who have less money than a lot.

Personally, I always wanted to get this rank, but I'm 5 € monthly or 50 € a year too expensive, because I would for example get more on Amazon Prime…

729 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 690 691
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base