Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. THE LFG TAB!!!

As someone has already said, GIVE LFG BACK PLEASE. I'TS TOO GOOD TO TAKE AWAY!! I've personally made quite a few friends in that lfg tab, and i run into them and others ive played with before quite consistently using it some more.

2,345 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

531 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

2,596 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

818 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
    Something cool to think about.

1,851 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Profile backgrounds

The ability for nitro users to add slightly faded backgrounds to their profiles, almost like how rich presence covers have images fading into the background (rich presence cover: https://gyazo.com/7658464b4afb3f5546f73fb151326d51) Made an example: https://imgur.com/a/y8Jb1

1,876 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to Only Appear Online to Friends

I think there should be an option in privacy settings that allows you to appear as online to your friends only. To everyone else you would appear as offline.

2,645 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The ability to listen and play things at the same time.

If you are playing a game but also listening to Spotify you should be able to have your status as "Listening to Spotify while playing (Insert title of game)" A lot of people play video games while playing Spotify so I'm sure a lot of people would love for this to be implemented.

1,243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Optionally display users timezone/current time on the account tab

Giving users the option to display their current time somewhere on their profile would making organizing events as well as general chatter much easier on large servers with people from across the world!

412 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full markdown support

I want full markdown support. This includes Headers, quotes, and possibly all the fancy charts and stuff. It would allow for better messages. Not to mention, bots could do a lot more with markdown.

522 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Password Protected Servers

It would be a great if you could set a password for people to join the server. For example, if someone clicks the instant invite link, they are prompted for a password, which the owner can give them. I think this would stop random people joining the server if the invite link gets spread.

9,906 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

395 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Timed mute

I'd like to see a feature added which allows server owns like myself to temporary ban, voice channel mute, and text-mute users.

This feature would be extremely helpful as currently all account bans, mutes, and text-mute are permanent affects which have to be manually edited which can become a huge hassle when trying to control over 3,000 other members at once.

Timed options:
    * 5 minute,
    * 10 minute,
    * 30 minute,
    * 1 hour,
    * 1 day,
    * custom timed ban.

790 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

6,701 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

252 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add StreamLabs OBS to StreamerMode app detection

StreamLabs has now partnered with OBS so there is now a StreamLabs OBS release, and it would be nice if that could get also detected by Discord and turn on Streamer Mode automatically.

1,183 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More Payment Options (Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc.)

Direct Credit-Card and PayPal is awesome for Nitro, but there should be more Payment options to support. As gamers, common ones we see are Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc. Many supportive options that allow us to subscribe to Twitch/Mixer streamers...but Discord only allows 2 options!

661 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Discord embeds 2.0

im developing a discord bot and doing a lot of creative stuff with the discord embeds, but they are very limited. Had a look @ the slack embeds and what you can do with them (e.g. buttons in an embed) and thats the reason I am proposing:

- rebuild the discord embeds to give the bot developers more ability to code cool additions for the discord app.
    - make the embed system like the new css grid system and let the developers use stuff like buttons and that responsive so it looks good on all mobile devices
    - embeds should…

2,150 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to turn off loading screen quotes

This really is a first-world problem, but the number 1 complaint I see and have about discord is the loading screen quotes. It's more than often the kind of humour most of us wish to avoid and we kindly ask if we could have an option to turn the quotes off when logging in. Thank you!

1,472 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

156 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Colorblind

I have deuteranopia (red/green) and I can't differentiate the colors in the activity status bubble. Adding a tool tips kind of function where I can hover the mouse over the bubble to see if they are active/away/busy/offline etc would go a long way to those affected by deuteranopia colorblindness determine the activity status of users.

6,785 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

150 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Spotify, NOW Google Play Music?

I love how Spotify recently got discord access! Google Play Music, probably Apple Music if they even are okay with that, the three biggest music services on Discord would be amazing!

502 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 466 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add new accounts to the "Connections" page

Some services I suggest adding:
    Xbox Live
    Origin
    PSN
    osu!
    Minecraft
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Facebook Messenger
    Mixer

4,564 votes