Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement WhisperSystems Encryption for Voice and Text

https://github.com/WhisperSystems/SignalProtocolKit or https://github.com/WhisperSystems/libsignal-protocol-javascript should be implemented for Discord communications. This shouldn't be too hard because the code and math has already been created. There seems to be a lot of interest in this as the Signal app has had a large influx of downloads. (https://motherboard.vice.com/read/signal-downloads-spiked-after-election-results)

Please consider putting strong encryption into Discord!

3,428 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

100 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating…

440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rules splash page, accesible in server menu

Many servers have a locked channel called #rules or the like for rules; however, this is a very non-ideal solution.

It:

* Inflates channel numbers and annoys users on mobile,

* Creates problems when a coadmin needs to edit the rules - you will either constantly have to repost them or get the owner to edit them,

* Creates issues with readability on both very large and very small displays.

Not only that, but:

* Some users will simply NOT read a rules channel on a join, or they don't notice it for whatever reason.

* You may set the…

1,545 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Larger custom Emoji!

I love the new Emoji, but would it be possible in the future to make it so that the server has control over the size that is larger than what it currently is. Maybe like 64x64, from the default 32x32. This is only because if I were to upload an image as an emoji, it would look really small if it was larger than 32x32.

3,600 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recording Option for Voice Chat

It would be a great addon to the program to have a preset recording option for voice chat, just like other applications (Teamspeak for example).

Simply, you start the recording with the click of your mouse and at the end it would be coded in a common audio file (.wav or .mp4 for example) and stored in the folder you have selected.

To identify that someone is recording in the chat it could activate a notification by means of written text or an icon in the user who is recording. Of course this option should be add to the configurable…

428 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for animated GIF emojis

It is great that we can use custom emojis now: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10313145-allow-me-to-use-custom-emojis

But what about all the animated emojis I wanna use in my server!? Would be great if we could use animated GIF emojis, too. :)

1,797 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow custom emotes to be used on every server

The one advantage BTTV emotes have over Discord emotes are the ability to be used anywhere. This can be fixed by allowing every emote to be used anywhere, but also allowing a toggle for each user to block all emotes or just individual ones, and also allowing a server setting to block emotes from an outside server.

1,679 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Themes

It would be awesome if this feature would be implemented.
    Here is how i think it should work:
    -Whenever you enter a server you get a prompt to download and display the theme.
    -You can disable the prompt in settings
    -Admins can add the themes background(1920x1080) etc. in server settings
    -You can disable theme anytime soon in settings
    I really hope you will implement that feature as it would be awesome.

1,409 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Revert Server Changes

I help coordinate a community leadership guild on Discord. A worrying trend I've been seeing is our admins having their servers vandalized or destroyed. 2FA helps protect against unwanted account access but sometimes an admin or mod will go rogue and wreck things.

It would greatly help us all if owners could revert server activity/changes by certain intervals (perhaps by 5 minutes all the way to 24 hours). It is far too easy for us to lose countless hours of valuable discussion and information if an admin turns on us.

814 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sarcasm font

An additional markdown to denote that a message is sarcastic. For example a section could be surrounded in dual question marks.
    ??Good game guys??
    That portion of the message would then be printed in comic sans.
    This would allow for much clearer communication of sarcasm over the written medium and reduce miscommunication. Similar to the way twitch uses kappa to denote sarcasm this would give discord a bit of it's own language that does not translate poorly to the outside world.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Limit usage of the "@everyone" tag for certain roles.

Hi,

As an admin, I think it would be a very good idea to be able to limit the number of "@everyone" tags for certain roles, for example once or twice per day and so on.

This would greatly help in preventing abuse or over-usage of the said function and help paranoid admins be less worried. Thanks.

350 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a calendar

I’ve seen a few suggestion threads for adding an event planning feature to Discord, but they are all rather old, so I’m hoping to spark a new thread that might get the attention of the developers.

Many of us use Discord in order to maintain the roles and functions of players or individuals across many different games or groups. I’m personally numbering in the hundreds for my discord, and I have to cross over to different applications or websites in order to fulfill this need for my community, which adds a hassle (albeit a minor one) to the group.

Adding…

587 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give the new Search feature permissions

Please add permissions to the search feature so servers (+channels, roles, members) can opt-out.

Many users have expressed that they are not comfortable having their entire message history easily searchable. This also poses a major privacy risk -- for example, malicious users will be able to "dox" (search for and collect personal information) with relative ease.

I'd like to see this added in 2 different ways:
    1. A "Search Message History" permission so it can be disabled for certain roles/channels/members.
    2. A User Setting that globally hides your messages from all search results.

105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 865 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sync removal of all roles with the removal of the subscriber role

As a twitch partner you have the ability to make your discord for subs only, but if you want to add any other roles to your subscribers this essentially gives them permanent access to the discord, because if they unsub then they still have a role, and the server only kicks people with no roles,
    This would be extremely useful because you could create roles for @role mentioning people who are interested in, for example, playing games, without having to @everyone or @here.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Increase The File Upload Limit

Given that you can just upload several smaller files in quick succession to bypass the 8MB limit, all it achieves is making files of 8MB or more unsendable, and does little to prevent the servers being flooded. Please increase the limit to something more reasonable like 50MB or 100MB.

Alternatively you could implement a system where each user has a daily upload limit of 500MB or so, if clogging the servers is the concern.

Either way, the 8MB limit has to go.

1,895 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Osu! Account Intergration

Ability to link osu! accounts to discord like with battle net, it would be very useful, I'd love it if you could do something about this, thanks for reading this and I hope you guys at discord keep up the good work your doing.

469 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. global thonkang

Thonkang https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/224495947051171840.png
    is a very common emoji used on a remarkable amount of channels. Why not make it global? https://puu.sh/tbePQ/4e270d93d0.png

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a play button for .mp3, .wav, etc. so you can play music in the app

When someone sends me a song, it's annoying that i have to download it to be able to play it. Add a play option, similar to Soundcloud or Youtube embedding.

4,074 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Embedded MP3 Support

When someone sends an MP3 file over Discord, we should be given the option to preview it in the app before we download it, kinda similar to how images or YouTube videos are handled.

The preview would be a player with a play/pause button, scrub bar, audio control and download button.

I've created concept art to go along with this post: http://i.imgur.com/TkjXmRC.png

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 252 253
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base