Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

2,602 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

155 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
    Something cool to think about.

1,866 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add StreamLabs OBS to StreamerMode app detection

StreamLabs has now partnered with OBS so there is now a StreamLabs OBS release, and it would be nice if that could get also detected by Discord and turn on Streamer Mode automatically.

1,186 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to turn off loading screen quotes

This really is a first-world problem, but the number 1 complaint I see and have about discord is the loading screen quotes. It's more than often the kind of humour most of us wish to avoid and we kindly ask if we could have an option to turn the quotes off when logging in. Thank you!

1,475 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

156 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Colorblind

I have deuteranopia (red/green) and I can't differentiate the colors in the activity status bubble. Adding a tool tips kind of function where I can hover the mouse over the bubble to see if they are active/away/busy/offline etc would go a long way to those affected by deuteranopia colorblindness determine the activity status of users.

6,790 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

150 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
    > Categories
    -channels
    >Sub-Categories
    -channels
    (apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

3,442 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

137 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mute symbol should look different when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves.

Why does the mute symbol look the same when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves? Many times now I've muted a user some other day, don't remember it, join a channel where he is and I just think he's muted himself and I probably talk over him.

3,535 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it…

7,330 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

151 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a option to make servers publicly viewable if not signed in

Some platforms do not allow discord links because its not viewable publicly without signing in. A good example of this is the ROBLOX game dev platform, it's large, but moderators can't easily view discord servers without joining as a user.

I suggest making it possible for servers to allow viewing it publicly, this could also make it easier for people to determine if they want to join it. And even use it as a public platform for posting news, etc.

Although i can see issues with non-signed in users going past rate limits, but that could be a temporary ip…

506 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Black Bar

That new black title bar is so agonizing, that make me feel like if I had less space to see the messages in servers, I would like to back to the previous version!

775 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make a distinct difference between i and l

There is no difference between a capital i and a lower case l.

For those of us who do trading regular on Discord, this is important and our names are being impostered.

My discord name is Chloe and someone is able to have the same numbers + look like they are Chloe also with a capital i as they look exactly the same.

To some this may not seem important, but to those of us in the trading world who use discord regularly for it, it's extremely important. Please considering updating your uppercase i to not look like a lowercase…

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Server Menu

Add a menu for easy server finding. Looking through the normal server list with a lot of servers can get kinda frustrating at times.

It would be useful if there was a way to open up a menu that displays all of them in tile layout like you can with the file explorer of your computer.

The menu would also contain things like, search, filtering, Maybe a favorite feature where you can favorite certain servers, and easy management of your servers.

310 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notes Tab

This is an idea to make more useful the notes you add to your friends
    should be cool to save all notes that people makes to you to you be able to see it, so you can se what are you for your friends
    and maybe a button to make it public for people can see all notes that people makes to you
    there is a Visual Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/358088534487334912/424774125303758859/notes.png
    Could Be super useful and a more social tool!

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to group discord servers based on similarities. Also addition of discord server search bar.

I know many people that have loads of discord servers and stress out on trying to find the correct server. They also have multiple discord servers that share similar topics but with their own agendas.

I propose the ability for the user to be able to group discord servers how they want. This can reduce the list to categories of servers.

I also want to propose a search bar for these servers.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Group the servers (Server organization) / Very Important

Hello, I submit a new idea to date !

I wish I could, in the near future, organize the tabs by category. This will allow me to stop using my wheel to find the group (server).

For this, it will be possible to create a group, and integrate all the servers in it. From the group, you will be able to manage all options (only mention, mute etc.)

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Formal Discord mode

Discord's a great, fun and quirky program that I think deserves to be shared with the world. The problem is, it's occasionally... too quirky? While the fun "gamer" lingo and jokes are cute and all, it's just not very user-friendly sometimes. I think appealing to a larger audience with a "Formal Mode" would make Discord more advertise-able and welcoming to friends like mine.

Now, it wouldn't be a "Skype for Business" deal, more of a "flavor text off and on switch." I imagine it more as a simple few removal of some of the additions that are there for fun.…

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. a feature where you can add a folder to your discord server list, you put the servers in there, kinda like chrome bookmarks. This would make

this is a feature where you can add a folder to your discord server list, you put the servers in there, kinda like chrome bookmarks. This would make the server list so neat. Also you should be able to move the server list bar to the top bottom left or right.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make minimum window size an optional feature.

Ever since the last update (earlier today), discord has now a minimum window size.

However, this minimum window size is way waaay too big for me. I want my window way smaller than that, I like to keep discord opened on my second screen and I only really need to see the last 2~3 messages.
    Right now, discord takes up half of my screen, I don't need or want it to take up that much of the screen.

I can see how it's needed in certain occasions, or how it's handy for a few people. I also know there's been…

1,257 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Busy Status Indicator

With the different status' available the use of Do Not Disturb seems a little harsh when maybe you are only in the middle of a game or just busy working and may not be able to answer right away but are open to receiving messages. Online shows too much leniency and notification sounds. This is why I believe we should have a "Busy" status indicator that doesn't give notification sounds much like Do Not Disturb but allows other users to know we will get back to them albeit a bit delayed. The color could be Pink or Blue.

1,505 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to move your own username to top of server list

Option to move your own username from the alphabetical position in the server user list to the top, visible only on your account.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 94 95
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base