Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Admin Icon - Give Admins a better way to identify themselves

The idea is that admins could have a small bubble (an icon) added to their profile picture (or name, for the compact view) to quickly display that this user is an admin, withing the actual chat without looking at the member list.

The bubble could be either a custom picture in a very small resolution (hence it being an icon) or a preset (colors, forms, e.t.c.) which can be activated or deactivated for the server. It could be displayed either at the top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right of the profile picture.

I ever felt like it…

2,241 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Category Within A Category (Sub-Category)

I like the implementation of the categories for discord. It makes servers look a lot more neater and better to look at, but there are some people that would like more the the main category because sometimes it isn't enough. Having a second layer would be enough, for example:
    > Categories
    -channels
    >Sub-Categories
    -channels
    (apology for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

605 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Colorblind

I have deuteranopia (red/green) and I can't differentiate the colors in the activity status bubble. Adding a tool tips kind of function where I can hover the mouse over the bubble to see if they are active/away/busy/offline etc would go a long way to those affected by deuteranopia colorblindness determine the activity status of users.

525 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make minimum window size an optional feature.

Ever since the last update (earlier today), discord has now a minimum window size.

However, this minimum window size is way waaay too big for me. I want my window way smaller than that, I like to keep discord opened on my second screen and I only really need to see the last 2~3 messages.
    Right now, discord takes up half of my screen, I don't need or want it to take up that much of the screen.

I can see how it's needed in certain occasions, or how it's handy for a few people. I also know there's been…

723 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Busy Status Indicator

With the different status' available the use of Do Not Disturb seems a little harsh when maybe you are only in the middle of a game or just busy working and may not be able to answer right away but are open to receiving messages. Online shows too much leniency and notification sounds. This is why I believe we should have a "Busy" status indicator that doesn't give notification sounds much like Do Not Disturb but allows other users to know we will get back to them albeit a bit delayed. The color could be Pink or Blue.

780 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mute symbol should look different when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves.

Why does the mute symbol look the same when I've muted the user and they've muted themselves? Many times now I've muted a user some other day, don't remember it, join a channel where he is and I just think he's muted himself and I probably talk over him.

271 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Picarto integration

We've already got Twitch integration, so why not Picarto as well?

https://picarto.tv/

While Discord may have been designed for gaming, it's definitely used by more than just the gaming community. We've got Patreon integration already as well, so why not add a popular streaming service used by artists? Just like with Twitch, simply being able to show you're streaming and link to the stream page would go a long way!

I even got memed on by @discordapp and drew a picture for this, make it happen guys.

3,613 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

272 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reduce white-space between channel categories

The new channel categories are a great way to organize channels, however the large areas of wasted space around then cause originally short channel listings to become much larger for very little gain.
    It would be great if this white-space could be reduced (even just a little) to save space on smaller screens.

186 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Server Organisation

Hey all!

I noticed that there's a decent amount of requests for some type of server folders/organisation so I put together some concepts that I think would work great with Discord. :)

Check them out: http://imgur.com/a/FQZLO

3,833 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

339 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Theme Colors

Please make an option to add custom themes to Discord without BetterDiscord!

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. (Client-side) Pin Collapsed Channels

With the new channel categories update, it would be great if we could pin channels client-side so they're always shown, even if the rest of the category is collapsed.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Role clicking

Clickable roles! Currently, role mentions are highlighted when you hover over them, but that can be misleading, because clicking on them does nothing. Here's an example on how I think role mentions should be treated: https://i.imgur.com/CbqR0Ia.gifv

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change emoticons to Blobs

They are better and have way more variety.

489 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Local Categories

Local Categories

I think it would be cool if each user could organize text and chat channels to their liking locally instead of having a constant for the whole server. Me and my friends were arguing over where each category goes and what is in each but I think this could easily be solved by each user having the ability to modify categories to their liking. And maybe if some people dont like this change they can revert to the server categories with a little toggle button, and back to their categories with another click. I don't know how hard…

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Colourizable Categories

Now that the categories feature has been added, it has become a lot harder to navigate through specific Discord channels.

Would it be possible to implement a feature to colourize each Category to make it easier to navigate?

Thanks.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Server Categories

I'm in a lot of servers. After the release of channel categories (which I love!) It would be super helpful to have server categories to help
    1. clean up space
    2. make things more organized

It'd look something like this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/214623117014728704/367835993392414722/unknown.png (like the channel categories.)

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Channel Category to indicate unread messages, rather than simply showing the hidden channel which defeats the point of collapsing the catego

Loving channel catagories so far, but one small issue is bugging me!

Currently when you collapse a channel category to hide the channels, if you receive a new unread message it will simply show the hidden channel which has unread messages. This defeats the point of collapsing the category if there are new messages, which is inevitable on bigger servers.

It would be lovely if the channel category itself was to go white to indicate unread messages, just like a channel or guild would.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give more control over the UI

I'm confused as to why y'all won't let us make minor changes that literally every other program ever does, like:

1) The ability to put a specifc font size in, rather than a slider
    2) Let us change the width of the Server and User lists
    3) Fix the bug where we can't shrink the window past a certain size
    3) Letting us put our own CSS in, like BetterDiscord and BeautifulDiscord do, would be amazing, but I get the impression that y'all don't like giving users the ability to do anything.
    4) Let us pick our own background for…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More status options than "Playing"

What I think would be cool is if we would be able to set our status to other things than just "playing *game*". So what I would like to see added is that when choosing your status (Online, Inactive, Do not disturb), there would be a drop down menu where you can choose things like "Cooking *food*, Watching *movie*, Having a *activity*. If no game is being played the choosen status would show instead of "playing game".

Here are some ideas that could be featured:

Cooking "pancakes"

Watching "Rouge One"

Having a "party"

At "lunchbreak"

Working with "After Effects"

Creating…

8,912 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

183 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Uncollapsable channels

With the new categories, I think it should be possible to mark certain channels inside them that don't collapse when you close their category. so for example

v Cat 1
    ->Item 1
    ->Item 2
    ->Item 3 *
    ->Item 4

would collapse to

> Cat 1
    ->Item 3 *

since that channel was pinned. I think it would be useful for servers with huge numbers of channels and categories, so that people could always keep the important channels visible, even if all the categories are collapsed.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base