Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dyslexic and Visually Impaired Accessibility

Add options for custom fonts, colors, sizes, etc. for those who need easier visual access. I am dyslexic and cannot use the desktop app because of the font style. The most I can do is zoom in on my system to make the entire application bigger, but that doesn't help much at all. I would also like to add a colorblind mode to make the app more accessible to those who are colorblind (this especially is an issue with the online status bubbles), as well as a custom background color option. I have several friends who need to use the…

9,466 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

595 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We now have a Dyslexic font available for testing on our Canary build! Don’t know how to get our canary build? Simply join https://discord.gg/discord-testers and read the #faqs channel to learn all about it!

More accessibility improvements will continue to come in the future, so make sure to give yourself the Accessibility role (A11y) to get notified through that server when there’s something new to test!

2. Server Roles Page Makeover

Hiya! Recently I was inspired to take what Discord's current server roles page looks like and give it a huge revamp, changing & adding quite a few things to help management in the roles feel cleaner and more organized. In redesigning this page to fit how I would enjoy seeing it, I created a list of the things that have been changed in the concept image below:

https://i.imgur.com/sYvQ8Jk.png

- Hovering over & selecting roles now has an animation, making the focused role larger while all the others are packed neatly together.
    - All roles marked "Administrator" now have a special…

771 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Toggle the offline member list

I understand that this was just reverted from only being toggled off if a server has 100+ members. But please let us be able to toggle it off. It lags mobile clients, and completely hard crashes it most of the time. It also really slows performance on desktop as well. Even having an option in the server menu to hide it for yourself would be great. Just something.

2,822 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Emoji Categories

Mockup here -> https://i.imgur.com/FXFltK7.png

Pretty self explanatory, it's the ability to add custom categories that you can sort your emojis into based on similar emotions/types/whatever.

This is mainly useful when you have Nitro (considering you'll have hundreds of global emojis) so it could even be an addition to that.

215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Code Block Horizontal Scroll

The code block system provided by HL.JS presently wraps words within the code block container. This is annoying for programmers like myself who want to share readable code within the Discord interface.

After some brainstorming, it seems that the only step that needs to be taken is introducing a single CSS class modifier:

.hljs {
    white-space: pre;
    }

This introduces a horizontal scroll bar on code block containers (```) as well as preserves line formatting.

211 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Discord Folder "Grouping" System

Some groups utilize multiple servers to divide up their departments and development. However, to a developer or anybody else of the sort, having hundreds of servers can become overwhelming to maintain. I highly suggest a feature similar to the IOS homescreen. The ability to be able to group servers together, give that group a name, and have its notification count grouped into one number until you click on that folder and then it expands to show you individial servers. This can greatly help with organization of servers and save people time scrolling through servers looking for name or recognizing the…

256 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Searchable tags for friends using user notes

Make user notes searchable in the "Find or Start a conversation" box so that we can tag our friends for different games or groups and easily search for them.

Right now in discord you can right click and add notes to friends. It would be great if I could tag what games I play with them or what communities they are a part of and search for them. I'm in dozens of discords and not everyone I know is apart of the same communities but I sometimes play games with all of them. It be cool if could use the…

154 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Netflix Integration

Netflix Integration

With the new release of the Spotify integration I was thinking of having the same thing with Netflix. It would be cool to show friends and people what you are watching in the moment. This could also not just be limited to Netflix. You could take this one step farther and add Hulu, HBO and many more.

It would/could look something close like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/9FOH6VL.jpg

It would also help some people discover need tv shows/movies they would have never expected to watch be discovered through friends.
    Something cool to think about.

5,663 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make crown toggleable

In the latest Canary, an option to distinguish the server owner with a crown has been added. This was already in Server Settings -> Members and Group DMs, but is now on a server's user list. Some server owners may want to stay hidden, or to show that they are not the primary owner of the server (i.e multiple equal admins).

While I think it's a great idea to have it, for the above usage cases it may want to be a toggle switch somewhere.

5,266 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Discord Orange

There is a dark Discord interface and a light Discord interface currently.

A close friend of mine recently suggested that an orange interface should be added as a third option -- Discord Orange.

Orange is a much better color than the current dull and boring options we have right now. It's been psychologically proven to get people excited and hyped, a feeling that I think really resonates with Discord.

So as such, I think that Discord Orange should be added to Discord. Thank you.

339 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. games tab

Let us choose what games to display in the games tab, and options to see only friends activity rather than server members' activity

427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Birthday

A birthday icon which will be shown when a person sets their birthday. They can also have modes, like "Friends Only" "Everyone" or "Don't Show". My idea is that it'll display like so: https://i.imgur.com/DB5NtBN.png. Quickly edited.

122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Folders For Discord Servers

I am always in too many discords and I would like to have an option to compress them into a folder so I can be organized.

220 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3D Model Preview (.stl, .obj, .fbx, etc.)

Recently a lot of new in-chat preview features have been added (audio file, video, etc.) and I would love to be able to preview 3D models such as .stl, .obj, and .fbx files. As a game developer and 3D printing enthusiast, being able to send a model to a friend and letting them drag it around and look at it would be a godsend.

316 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Server groups

What if you could group servers together in a folder-like fashion? I find myself having multiple servers for the same game, or just servers that fall under similar categories (I have at least 10 different meme servers). Having so many servers pile up together in the side bar can make it become cluttered, and make it difficult to find specific servers at times. I think the ability to take multiple servers and sort them into a group (like putting apps in a folder on your phone) could be very helpful for people with lots of different servers! Discord devs, please…

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dominant Role Colour selection

Once you've joined a server while using Discord you should have the ability to select what colour is displayed out of your current roles (http://prntscr.com/l6it2t). If I've got e.g. 5 different coloured roles but I preferred the orange coloured role, I could set the orange colour to dominate my other colours.

A server owner could enable/disable this feature in settings in-case role colours hierarchy were important to not be modified.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow usercss in the desktop client

Most of the people who mod their clients with mods like BetterDiscord do so for the ability to customize the look of the client. Allowing us to use something like Stylus for our clients would massively reduce the appeal of mods like BetterDiscord, since there would be an actually legitimate method of theming Discord.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Discord Custom Profile System Consept

Well i was thinking to myself hey how could would it be to have customisable profiles with bios and just other really cool stuff to have on your profile I took a bit off time out my day like 3 Hours to create the prototype Please UpVote guys this took me so long to do
    https://imgur.com/36rrsZG

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Classification and Grouping of Servers in a Tab/Folder Style

Simply put, it would be awesome to have the ability to classify anb group servers with some way to manage them.

Thinking like a pop-out style folder system on the left where servers normally go in a tab style. Then notifications for servers in a tab not expanded could then show up on the tab, and when you expand it you can see further in. Also having an option to toggle which servers in a tab sort of... pop-out when the tab is not expanded to show it has unread things.

To explain, picture this.

You have servers for friends,…

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. move the message action buttons

When you hover a message in discord, two buttons show up on the far-right of the screen:

- the react button
    - the edit/delete/copy/etc. menu button

But because these buttons are on the right of the screen, it's hard to tell which message they're going to act on (if your mouse is also on the right of the screen.)

They should be moved to show up right next to the message that you are hovering.

————————————

At the moment it's like this when you hover messages:

Message text......................................................................🙂⋮
    Another message...............................................................🙂⋮
    lol........................................................................................🙂⋮

I want it to be like this when you…

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 136 137
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base