Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep @someone

I get that @someone was just a joke for April Fools, but I think it would be cool as a permanent thing.

3,199 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

164 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full markdown support

I want full markdown support. This includes Headers, quotes, and possibly all the fancy charts and stuff. It would allow for better messages. Not to mention, bots could do a lot more with markdown.

1,708 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search for users in the reactions list

I currently own a server with 6,575 members, which is discord partnered and sometimes we do competitions where when reacting to messages users may win a prize (usually giveaways). As a result, we usually get hundreds of reactions almost instantaneously, and it becomes a tedious job to search through the reaction lists to find a user.

I propose for a search feature in the reactions list for a message to be added, to allow users to search for users who have reacted to a post. It would be really helpful, and maybe have it similar to the general text chat…

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Epilepsy-users support

Hello guys i got friend that is sick on Epilepsy and he is getting harmed very easily by flashy / fast moving emotes so my suggestion is adding a option that blocks flashy emotes /makes animated emotes black or something like that. Thanks for reading!! < 3

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have more than 50 pins

50 pins is a lot but also not enough sometimes, and it sucks to have to unpin an old message just to add a new one. Bumping the limit up to maybe 200, or removing it altogether, would be great

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bad use of emotes servers

I would like to give some suggestions about an issue that has bothered me since a lot of time, and it could bring problems to discord due to the nature of the problem.
    Constantly I found some discords servers with 2000/20000 members or more where there are a massive quantity of stolen content which I can easily identify, this content belongs to twitch and their partners, and i’m one of them,
    The point is that the discord users pay nitro to use the emotes of every server where they are freely in all discord, but what is the problem? The…

121 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add /lenny

We have /shrug, but why we don't have /lenny?

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable servers to purchase more emote slots

Many discord servers are popular and quickly reach the 50 emote cap. it should be possible to pay money for more emote slots. Discord gets financially supported, and the server now has more slots to use. This would be easy to implement and all parties benefit.

74 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Message deleting

Whatever conversations you may be having, every one of us has come to the moment where we wish we could delete messages. Not one by one, but in mass. Not only your messages but the other person's too. Most messaging apps have this feature and I think it would be one that is beneficial to add for users. Currently the only way to get rid of messages is to block someone which is a pain.

Give a warning that the messages won't be able to be recovered and you're set.

746 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Gifs for Non Nitro Members please

It would be nice to have GIFS for people who do not own Nitro Like FPS is understandable but Please Give the Non Nitro People Free Use of GIFS Vote Please Everyone I don't think people would want to pay to use a GIF

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow only specific roles to private message you

Currently there are very little options to controlling sending of private messages. You can either block all private messages from non-friends OR block all private messages outside specific servers, but there are no way to control this very accurately.

A lot of servers seem to categorize people based on some sort of a "honorary" system where either you get ranks based on your activity, or ranks based on your Patreon / Twitch subscriber status, it would be really useful to be able to control what ranks can send you messages and which ones can.

In addition to making larger servers…

154 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chat History

There should be an option to delete your chat history with an individual. Or an option to not save chat history every time you close down your Discord application, similar to how Steam chat does not save your chat history on the desktop version.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate colored text into Discord (and possibly even colors for the background)

I believe integrating colored text into Discord would be a nice touch.

We could do it with formats like /color=0xabcd text or <color=0xabcd>text</color> (HTML-style) to add colors to the text we type in chat.

Of course, people who don't want hex codes could use simple codes like <color=red>text</color> or /color=red.

You could even not even need to do that; just put a menu at the beginning of the chat message of what color you want the text to be.

Of course, you wouldn't ever need to put it; not putting a color code would just result in the normal gray…

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tag (Reply) message like in whatsapp

It would be nice to be able to respond to a message from another user or to yourself and that everyone knows which message you are referring to..

Example: https://imgur.com/a/1fY0mJW

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Post Character's Limit

When someone posts more than 2000 characters, they are met with a (Hey don't do that) message. Which is fine, except it then deletes the entire post they typed up from the message dialogue box.
    So, imagine after typing up a wordy update post for your community, it's completely deleted with no way of pasting it back in multiple chunks unless I had the foresight to copy the whole message prior to.
    All I'm saying is, is it possible for Discord to warn us our post is too long, then return us to said post so we can shave it…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Image Previews to be Minimized/Hidden via a Button

I love image previews. I don't want to turn them off. However, occasionally, someone will post something that isn't technically NSFW, but I want to quickly remove it from view because I don't feel it's appropriate for the current environment I'm using discord in (work, near family, etc.). It makes me unable to return to that channel until the image is gone from view and then I can't scroll to view the chat history without glossing by it again.

There is another suggestion that asks for blurring. While I do like that idea, that might make some images seem even…

112 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Category groups

I think that we should be able to consolidate categories into groups to help keep down clutter on large servers with a bunch of different categories that fit within the same general type of thing but still need separate categories because of specific reasons.

For example, I am an admin on a moderately sized server dedicated to D&D. We have a bunch of different categories to separate differing campaigns with their own text/voice channels. These could all be consolidated into a parent category group as such: Groups>Categories>Channels.

As of right now, we have so many categories that scrolling through the…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A new Discord Dab Emoji

An official Discord Dab Emoji

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Update Discords Source Emojis to Twemoji 11.0

Yesterday, Twemoji 11.0 was released. It has a lot more emojis compared to Twemoji 2.2, which I think Discord currently uses (due to the lack of the starstruck emoji), Twemoji 11.0 has a LOT more (157 I think it said?) emojis to use and express ourselves with.

[https://blog.emojipedia.org/twemoji-11-0-emoji-changelog/]

Also, they added a bagel emoji. A BAGEL!

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base