Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Message deleting

Whatever conversations you may be having, every one of us has come to the moment where we wish we could delete messages. Not one by one, but in mass. Not only your messages but the other person's too. Most messaging apps have this feature and I think it would be one that is beneficial to add for users. Currently the only way to get rid of messages is to block someone which is a pain.

Give a warning that the messages won't be able to be recovered and you're set.

262 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. very quick to mention the person in the chat

can make a double click on the logo, and mention the person in the chat!!!
    not convenient to right click, and then look for a mention in the chat, it's a long job. please, double-click to mention the person in the chat!!!

158 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Image Previews to be Minimized/Hidden via a Button

I love image previews. I don't want to turn them off. However, occasionally, someone will post something that isn't technically NSFW, but I want to quickly remove it from view because I don't feel it's appropriate for the current environment I'm using discord in (work, near family, etc.). It makes me unable to return to that channel until the image is gone from view and then I can't scroll to view the chat history without glossing by it again.

There is another suggestion that asks for blurring. While I do like that idea, that might make some images seem even…

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Be invisible on one server but online on another.

We can choose on which server we are online but invisible on other. Imagine I am on a server but I want to leave them to devote myself to another server without being told "you were online ... Why not be with us ... Liar" Because yes sometimes I was lying . For having peace on another servers. Thank you !

3,245 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase emoji limit

I want you to increase emoji limit, because it is hard to embody all emoji ideas on the popular server ith lots of users. Lots of people create servers where a large quantity of emojis would be rather useful, but amount of emojis is limited to 50. I'm not asking you to do the amount of emojis to unlimited, I just want it to be increased to 100 or more.

804 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add raised eyebrow emoji!

Discord uses Twitter's emoji, but I noticed that there exists a very useful emoji on Twitter that isn't on Discord! It's the raised eyebrow emoji! 🤨
    Considering that this is a Twitter emoji and does follow the format, I think it should definitely become a default, likely under ":raised_eyebrow:".
    Here's the source image from Twitter, for reference.
    https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f928.png

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Archive Deleted Messages

Discord requires that Message and Channel IDs must be copied to file a report. However, this requires the message not be deleted at any time until the report is resolved. This is an issue, as it allows more users to be exposed to offensive, hateful, and graphic content. There is, however, a possible solution.

I propose a Deleted Message Archive. Alike to the Audit Log, the Archive would show when a message was deleted and by who, but it would also show the message in question, the Userdata of its sender, and the time it was sent. This would allow…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. spell check but for linux and window 7

because actually being able to use this feature would be nice

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Online indicator next text messages.

This is what text chat currently looks like:
    https://i.imgur.com/WCU9brd.png

You can't actually tell if the person you're responding to is still online, or if they're even in the group still.

Opening the members list to the right isn't practical as some of them are massive, and if the server doesn't show you offline members it's harder to tell if they're still in the group.

So I propose this:
    https://i.imgur.com/zNxEK1p.png

Now I am less likely to respond to someone who isn't going to get my message.

Small groups have an easier time tracking the offline/online status of their members, and it's…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the default :) emoji to :slight_smile: instead of :smiley:

Typing :) sends the :smiley: emoji which is a really over the top, obnoxious, and ugly emoji. :) should send :slight_smile:, just like :( sends :slight_frown:. Emojis should be consistent across emotions. The current :) is way too happy, it's almost the same as :grinning:.

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow only specific roles to private message you

Currently there are very little options to controlling sending of private messages. You can either block all private messages from non-friends OR block all private messages outside specific servers, but there are no way to control this very accurately.

A lot of servers seem to categorize people based on some sort of a "honorary" system where either you get ranks based on your activity, or ranks based on your Patreon / Twitch subscriber status, it would be really useful to be able to control what ranks can send you messages and which ones can.

In addition to making larger servers…

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search exclusions

I would love to see a feature in search for exclusions, Stuff like:
    not-from: user
    not-in: channel
    not-during: date
    etc.

I find that a lot of times I know what I don't want to find. And having exclusion filters would be an easy way to filter out the extra noise.

1,860 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Server mute

Server mute should mute @everyone etc. aswell.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable Add to Group DM's

When the user has this disabled you cannot add them to a Group DM. As simple as it sounds it can help alot of users.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Emoji Aliases

Emoji Aliases. Example: the :NitroWumpus: emoji could also have the alias :NW: which would allow it to pop up, making it easier to access certain emojis.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve the Search Bar

Can we make it possible for when we are searching for messages in the server search option, that we can see how many times a certain person has @everyone or @here? It’s just the regular search but with the option of @everyone.
    Example: “from: RidleyU, mentions: @everyone”

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create Polls in the Discord Chat?

Wouldn't it be awesome to just select a poll option in the Message Bar and write the questions you want and send it to the chat? Man that would be cool.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bagel Emoji

A Bagel Emoji should be a thing cause Bagels are awesome.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dragging a server icon into chat should post an invite.

If you have the permission to create an invite, dragging a server icon into a channel or dm, specifically the text box, should post an invite in said channel/dm.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove the Character Limit

So I'm part of a lot of servers in Discord which get very discussion heavy, like, over 2k characters discussion heavy. Along with RP servers, writing servers, game dev. servers, etc. Basically a lot of text heavy stuff and it can get really annoying to constantly have to break up text over and over again just to get your point across. So why not just remove the limit?

Perhaps instead of limiting the user to 2K characters, you simply crop their message if it goes over 2K characters and there'd be a button on the bottom of their message that…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base