Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be invisible on one server but online on another.

We can choose on which server we are online but invisible on other. Imagine I am on a server but I want to leave them to devote myself to another server without being told "you were online ... Why not be with us ... Liar" Because yes sometimes I was lying . For having peace on another servers. Thank you !

1,593 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search exclusions

I would love to see a feature in search for exclusions, Stuff like:
    not-from: user
    not-in: channel
    not-during: date
    etc.

I find that a lot of times I know what I don't want to find. And having exclusion filters would be an easy way to filter out the extra noise.

1,452 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add colors to the text messages.

Basically the message modification as: _hey_ **OK**, etc, but it will be some words selectioned for do a message with the wanted color:

Example: (#ffa3e9) PINK PINK PINK (#default) hey

Between the parentheses you place the hexadecimal color, and when you write #default It's the default color that haves the Discord messages. You could also add italic letters with "_" and bold font with "" As it is already implemented in Discord

Example: (#ffa3e9) **PINK** _PINK_(#default) hey

This will be something amazing for do more colorful the messages in Discord, or something in the Private Messages, but I thinked it…

203 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase emoji limit

I want you to increase emoji limit, because it is hard to embody all emoji ideas on the popular server ith lots of users. Lots of people create servers where a large quantity of emojis would be rather useful, but amount of emojis is limited to 50. I'm not asking you to do the amount of emojis to unlimited, I just want it to be increased to 100 or more.

266 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the Default Colour

Ever wanted to change the default colour on discord? I think it would be a brilliant idea if the people at discord could make it so its possible to change the default colour to whatever they wish, sometimes it can be hard reading grey and I think it needs to be optional.

227 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update to EmojiOne 3.1

Currently Discord is on EmojiOne 2.3 (I believe), which is kinda lame and doesn't have extremely important emojis such as the male :shrug: emoji, or the :flying_saucer: emoji. Also, EmojiOne 3.1 has a new style which I (personally) think looks much nicer than 2.3

376 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shared Text Channels

Discord could have an option to make a channel a "Shared Channel", syncronizing chat between two discord servers. Similar to Slack's recent Shared Channels feature, this could be beneficial for those who would like to link certain channels across discord servers, without requiring that user to be in both servers.

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Polls using reactions

I think that there should be a permission to set a certain group of reactions for your chat. This could be useful for polls, so let's say I want to make a poll, I limit the reactions to :thumbsup: and :thumbsdown:. Then, people can only use them to vote.

Thanks.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Emoji Styles like Slack

This should not be hard at all to do, I even made a mockup for it:
    https://twitter.com/AmazingArcher23/status/906976669881307140

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Use External Emojis" Should Have to be Enabled

This option to disable the use of external emojis should be removed.

Discord Nitro is a wonderful way to support this growing platform that many of us love. That being said, $5 a month is a lot to ask for many people, especially if no rewards is offered in return.

Luckily though, you guys offer some great rewards to help make that money feel like it's worth paying. One of those rewards being the universal use of all one's collected emojis on "any" server...
    If only they could be used on "any" server.

I find it kind of absurd that…

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DM Invites and Whispers

I'm proposing a specific set of changes that can be incorporated on top of the existing infrastructure to solve three issues: unsolicited DMs (such as DM spam), communities and DM advertisement spam, and the lack of inline private messaging.

Change 1: Add a new relationship type that whitelists the ability to DM.

This would make it so that sharing a mutual server is not enough. You would need to send a person a request to DM them. Said invite could open the DM channel and Clyde could announce the request.

Change 2: Whispers

Whispers would be an in-channel form of…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make :donut: an alias of :doughnut:

Donut is an extremely common spelling of doughnut, so it should be added as an alias for the emoji

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SHOW IF USERS SAW YOUR MESSAGE

Allow users to see if the recipient has seen their message or not. It should be represented with a tick of symbol if they have. DM's especially. Group chats are allowed to have an option for it. Prevents admins ignoring each other, and friends...

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Discord Calls Length

A message with discord calls that tells the length of the call

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improved Hyperlinks

Enable hyperlinks in normal msg chat too! So you can do `[This is the beautiful discord page](https://discordapp.com)` like in the embed message text fields (description, fields, footer)

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to start from top of text channel

Sometimes it gets kind of bothersome having to scroll up to see important messages in a rules and/or information channel. I know with my server, I have a few messages, in a rules/information channel making people have to scroll up a bit to actually see the rules, so maybe an option you can enable when creating the channel that makes people start viewing it from the top of the channel instead of viewing the most recent messages first?

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show Owner Crown In Text Chat

A simple idea. Would give server owners a better way to identify themselves.

Concept:
    https://imgur.com/WzraNBc

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. disable @everyone by default

@everyone is sending notifications to everyone on the server, which can be a pretty annoying feature if it falls into the wrong hands.

To mitigate servers that forget to disable this for regular users and roles that should not be allowed to mention everyone, it should be disabled by default as a safety measure.

If a role/user needs to make server-wide announcements, they should be made able to do so, not the other way around.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Halloween Season Limited-Time Emoticons

I would enjoy if Discord would (if not or all seasonal events) add in emoticons that are based around it!

Yes, I understand we have ghosts pumpkins etc. But it would definitely be nice if we added in things like face emoticons but with Halloween versions!

For example.. a happy face that's a pumpkin! Or a pumpkin with heart eyes! I'd go nutso with this feature and I think it'd just add to the charm of seasonal events. :)

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. pins

Pins have a maximum capacity of fifty (50) pins in direct messages (not sure if the same applies to text servers) - can we increase this number, or make it unlimited? I don't see a reason to have a cap on pinned messages.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base