Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cross Channel Communication

Good Day!

New feature suggestions - cross channel communications like in Mumble.

What is Cross Channel Communication? Ex: some specific users with special permissions (could be a tag like "Squad Leader") can say something using a hotkey such as an important message and all other voice channels can hear it.

This is a very useful feature in MMOs games, especially for larger guilds and alliances with multiple voice channels! This makes for great communication and team work.

Currently a lot of us are force to use other communication apps like mumble and TS for this feature. It would be awesome…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show an indication in the voice channel that a user is currently live.

Show an indication in the voice channel when a user is currently streaming in that specific and show which user is live.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/zMG3kI2.png

1,426 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove automatically joining voice chat

Well it's kind of self explanatory. When you create a new server, you are automatically put into the general voice chat. This is honestly kind of dumb and very annoying. I mean if you just created the server it's not like there will be anyone else there to chat. It is annoying to have to go and click disconnect (especially annoying on mobile). This would also cause problems if someone is multitasking and creates a server while in a voice chat as they will be booted out of their voice chat. The simple solution to all this is to just…

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We need Karaoke with microphone effects, and audio adapter streaming NOW!

WHAT THIS GUY JUST SAYS... BUT BETTER...

Hey guys, if you got a couple minutes, please hear me out!

So, I come from a not-too-far-off app called Raidcall. As you may know, Raidcall's US servers shut down and is now primarily hosted in Russia. Since then, I found plenty of reason to comfortably move to Discord with the rest of my friends. To be perfectly honest, Discord has pretty much everything that made Raidcall awesome to me-- but there's just one thing that made Raidcall awesome that pretty much nobody else did:

Music Mode. Raidcall had a simple button that…

1,524 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. #VoiceChannel

When we wan't to link a text channel in chat we do:
    #announcements or #general etc..

The only issue is we can't do this with voice channels.
    I thought this would be a good idea:

"Hey (Name) come play (game) with me in (voicechannel)"
    so they can click the (voicechannel) and it will connect them to the voice channel it is linked too.

So we could have # or something else. (something easy to press on the keyboard)

Please upvote this post so we can get this into Discord!

Leave a comment about your thoughts!

Thank you!

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an "Are you sure?" when selecting the call button.

It's annoying to automatically go into a call after accidentally hitting the button. Maybe I just wanted to view my pins or look for a specific message, but instead I end up nearly-deafened by the ringtone and in a sudden and awkward conversation with a friend I actually had no plans to talk to at the moment. Please add an "Are you sure you want to call this person?" pop up whenever you hit the call button.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Personalized Voice Channel Sign In Sound

When joining into a chat, the common response is "Who goes there?"

It would be very fun and innovative to have unique personalized chimes for individuals joining a chat.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customizable PTT Sound Effects

The ability to change your Push to Talk sound effect. The standard sound is nice, but if you are playing with a bunch of people on a game such as Battlefield, or what have you, it adds a nice touch. This was possible on different programs back in the day. of course this would only affect client side, so only you would hear it. Mostly a luxury feature if anything.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change server region on direct calls

On channels this brings a handy feature, but it would be awesome to also have it on direct calls, otherwise I get a lot of latency, which on channels I wouldn't have

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. suggestion (from conversation elsewhere): ``` It would be really cool if Discord expanded or advanced it's services to implement an API mech

suggestion (from conversation elsewhere):
    ```
    It would be really cool if Discord expanded or advanced it's services to implement an API mechanism for handling voice conversations more so than based solely on channels.
    e.g. rather than being in the same channels to hear one another, instead API data could toggle on and off who could hear who and when based on external calculations triggered by API calls.
    Also for added effect, proximity volume adjusting for immersive perspective
    too far away? can't hear ya! come closer!
    ```

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Region

Today after the update * Region change * from my private calls has disappeared.
    We need to have control over Region of our private calls as in Servers
    Because Discord sets me automatically on Russia while Central Europe is way more better for me
    Hope you'll consider my comment, because with Region control disappearance I'm gonna have a hard time in calls from now on due to high ms.
    Thanks.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop sending audio when you're alone

Simply turn off the microphone when you're alone. This is a pretty simple way to cut down on network usage when you're waiting on someone to get back or to shut up the sidetone of your microphone.
    It would count people on deafen (but not mute!) as 'not there'.

This would help people on metered connections, even though the amount of data is not high. I could really only see this becoming a larger issue on cell data.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Private Voice Chat History

Have the ability to save when a private voice call on Discord starts, ends, and how long it lasted. Some users really need information like this, especially those in long distance relationships as we must provide proof we have been in a relationship for X amount of time in order to apply for a partnership visa in some countries. Simple Facebook relationship statuses and messages are not enough in many cases, we also need documented proof or phone calls, too.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Just listen him" function

Sometimes there is much noise in the voice channels, and whenever you want to listen to only one or more people, it would be helpful to have this feature

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide Voice channel

Hey.. I won`t to hide voice channel, and give permission only to few members. Can I do this? OR may be you can add this option...

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change private call server location

The server location for people in Singapore who are on private calls (for me, at least), is EU-central instead of the Singapore server, which makes calls laggy at almost 300+ ms. We need the ability to change the server location for private calls like how it can be done for servers.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prevent muted users from hearing you

Maybe give the individual the power to deafen a certain user. When I mute someone I would like to have that option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Readding Server Selection for Private Voice/Video Calls

Due to the recent update of the new Video call and screen sharing, it has removed an old function which allowed you to select which server your call was hosted on during private calls. This has now led to all servers being hosted on the US by default. It would be great to have this re-added so people in different location can have good connection with their hosted server instead of a long delay.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Play a custom sound effect when users join/leave a channel

I love Discord a lot more than Teamspeak 3 but I do miss that "User left your channel". I would love to have the ability to replace the Discord "badong" when someone joins a voice channel with a custom mp3 or something like that so that I could have that little bit of nostalgia from my Teamspeak days.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Current Call in Channel You're In

When you are in a call with a friend or whatever you can see the "leave call"-button among other buttons.

I'd like to see something like that when you are in a channel and still in a call. Something like this mock-up,
    https://i.imgur.com/QsX4ZEV.png

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base