Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Testing mic in the settings

In voice relay programs such as Mumble, Teamspeak, or Ventrilo, you have the ability to test the volume and quality of your mic while still working in the settings so that you don't have to blast your fellows while adjusting a new mic or fixing the settings on a new computer, or when you first install the program. The activation bar, while helpful for knowing if the mic is working at all, is lacking for any details of the volume or quality.

5,204 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  JakeJake responded

Feedback noted. We’ve got some some plans that should improve this experience so that setting up your mic, and make sure it’s working with out blasting your friends is a breeze.

2. Ps4 and Xbone App

Some of my friends don't have a Playstation 4. I'd like to talk to them through my Playstation headset while they're on Xbox One or PC!

1,861 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Play a sound if you are talking while you have mic muted

It would be nice that if you were trying to talk while having a muted mic it would play a small sound to make you aware.

1,851 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Whisper

This is a feature that is preventing my friend and I from switching from TeamSpeak3/Mumble/Ventrilo fully. We actually run a TeamSpeak 3 server alongside Discord for this very reason. We want to be able to have a separate bind key to whisper a targeted person in the chat with voice. And we'd like to have a channel commander function like teamspeak.

Channel commander allows you to quickly resolve guild member disputes or speak about 'opsec' type plans to leadership or people allowed in channel commander. This lets you speak among each other without letting the rest of your guild hear…

1,824 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

208 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recording Option for Voice Chat

It would be a great addon to the program to have a preset recording option for voice chat, just like other applications (Teamspeak for example).

Simply, you start the recording with the click of your mouse and at the end it would be coded in a common audio file (.wav or .mp4 for example) and stored in the folder you have selected.

To identify that someone is recording in the chat it could activate a notification by means of written text or an icon in the user who is recording. Of course this option should be add to the configurable…

1,321 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically Reconnect to voice channel when internet connection temporarily cuts out

When my internet cuts out, Discord does not automatically rejoin the server I was in, so I have to manually disconnect and reconnect to the voice channel.

1,045 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. show users joining/leaving a voice channel

When in a channel with many people, it is hard to see who just joined or left. Some optional channel log would be nice to see this.

1,013 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add an option to disable/block Direct Calls.

The addition of direct calling is great, but I don't like the idea of anyone on my friends list randomly being able to call me even when I'm not in voice chat or AFK, especially on mobile (I get enough spam calls at work as is.) It seems a tad invasive.

Being able to make yourself "Unavailable to call" or outright prevent people from direct calling you would be great for those quiet types.

Alternatively, instead of having the pop up call window, having direct call requests behave like a normal @mention (saying something like "User wants to start a…

889 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 815 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. enable mod's to shout in a voice room, where everyone else becomes muted temporarily while the mod says what he or she needs to say

So for a lot of IRC clients as a mod you can mute everyone temporarily in a "shout" function, where you can say what you need to say, if you might need a global announcement or something. This mutes everyone and allows the mod to be the only one talking, and have his/her voice come out on top.

803 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Russian region

I would suggest to add new servers for voice chat in the region, Europe and particularly in Russia

794 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

392 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We need Karaoke with microphone effects, and audio adapter streaming NOW!

WHAT THIS GUY JUST SAYS... BUT BETTER...

Hey guys, if you got a couple minutes, please hear me out!

So, I come from a not-too-far-off app called Raidcall. As you may know, Raidcall's US servers shut down and is now primarily hosted in Russia. Since then, I found plenty of reason to comfortably move to Discord with the rest of my friends. To be perfectly honest, Discord has pretty much everything that made Raidcall awesome to me-- but there's just one thing that made Raidcall awesome that pretty much nobody else did:

Music Mode. Raidcall had a simple button that…

733 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hide channels that users have no permissions to

It would be nice to be able to hide the chat channels that users do not have any access to whatsoever.

304 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show an indication in the voice channel that a user is currently live.

Show an indication in the voice channel when a user is currently streaming in that specific and show which user is live.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/zMG3kI2.png

299 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Ability to Shout/Talk to all channels for large guild activities

Im sure many others have had this issue, but we currently run a large guild and love discord. Using it is excellent.

One of our only issues is when you have 60 people in one channel it can get quite overwhelming. A great fix for this has always been to break into smaller channels and assign a few "commanders" who can talk to all the channels.

At the same time allowing smaller group conversation to happen as needed.

This is essential during any type of Player vs Player combat situations.

292 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Join multiple voice servers/chat

It would be nice to have the ability to be connected to more than 1 voice chat server at a time. At the moment, joining another voice chat server will disconnect you from any currently connected voice chat servers.

This feature is crucial for those of us who have multiple groups of people we want to socialize with. Being able to stay connected to a voice chat channel promotes more people to join voice chat with you. Empty channels tend to stay empty unless 1 person joins.

Unmuting your microphone in one voice chat server should automatically mute your microphone…

251 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enter a channel only, if you play the fitting game!

Some server owner i know made channels for different games, to let people let play together privatly. So like, if you start Blade and Soul, Discord can see, what game you are playing, and gives u access to enter the voice channel "Blade and Soul". This feature would help to keep out people, which are not playing with you right now. This would give us the "Game only" privacy, i was thinking of.

240 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Supress Key Binding for Push to talk

Binded keys would be suppressed in other applications. For instance, if push to talk is binded to the mouse forward button, it will no longer work anywhere else other than for discord push to talk.

235 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disconnect people from voice chat

People with permissions should be able to kick people from voice channels, like force disconnect them.

231 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sub Channels

Need Sub Channels, example Unreal Tournament channel and sub channel red team and blue team

226 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base