Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cross Channel Communication

Good Day!

New feature suggestions - cross channel communications like in Mumble.

What is Cross Channel Communication? Ex: some specific users with special permissions (could be a tag like "Squad Leader") can say something using a hotkey such as an important message and all other voice channels can hear it.

This is a very useful feature in MMOs games, especially for larger guilds and alliances with multiple voice channels! This makes for great communication and team work.

Currently a lot of us are force to use other communication apps like mumble and TS for this feature. It would be awesome…

495 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio orientation in game

Add an option to synchronize Audio of your Voice Chat with your game which you are playing.

For exemple, you are in a Minecraft UHC Game. If a player come to you from behind, you can really hear him come from behind if he talks. Also we can hear his voice louder and louder.

Gif exemple from the MumbleLink mod for Minecraft :
    https://goo.gl/XPua7t

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Able to change / customize call sounds - like ringtones

What would be great if you can change the calling sound when someone calls you on Discord - able on the app, mobile, etc. It would be nice to customize it. People may not like the original sound, and it is an original idea!

Heres how it may work - you can do it by putting an MP3, or a youtube link, or something else. Example: Whenever someone calls you, it can play as a kahoot theme (chosen example) by making another option in settings, "Change Call Sound" by putting in a youtube link or MP3, etc. and when you…

168 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. give voice message while in another room

INGLÊS:

I would like you to have a function where you could put a shortcut key to send audio to everyone, for example, you had in a room talking to administrators and wanted to send a message to everyone in the discord rooms, then press the shortcut button and I was speaking and everyone in other rooms could hear the message.

PORTUGUÊS:

gostaria que tivesse uma função onde você pudesse colocar uma tecla de atalho para enviar audio para todos, exemplo, você tivesse em uma sala conversando com administradores e quisesse passar um recado para todos que estão em salas…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove automatically joining voice chat

Well it's kind of self explanatory. When you create a new server, you are automatically put into the general voice chat. This is honestly kind of dumb and very annoying. I mean if you just created the server it's not like there will be anyone else there to chat. It is annoying to have to go and click disconnect (especially annoying on mobile). This would also cause problems if someone is multitasking and creates a server while in a voice chat as they will be booted out of their voice chat. The simple solution to all this is to just…

319 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Transfer Group DM Ownership

It's a simple idea.

I want to be able to transfer ownership of a group DM.
    That's all, really.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Priority speaking

There should be a permission setting that you can set so that if you activate it, the person who gets it activated sounds louder than other people who talks at the same time, the others get lowered in their microphone volume. This should be called "priority speaking" or something like that

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Check your voice

Would not interfere with the function of checking your voice, as your interlocutor will hear (quality, volume, etc.)

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Animated profile pictures in calls

So since nitro users get animated pictures you have to hover over their name or click on their profile. So why not make their profile pictures animated while in the call? This really isn't a necessary thing and doesn't affect anything but it would be nice to have and I don't think will be too hard to be implemented.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. custom ring tones

I think we should be able to upload our own MP3 files to use as either notification sounds or a ring tone!

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Setting for High Volume Limit

Hi! We all have friends that scream on rage, or mic plug-in voice which is disturbingly noisy. So i have an idea about it!

How do you think that it would be, if we had a "High Volume Limit"? We can easily set it to a specific number to make discord mute our mic. For example, if I scream when I rage above the set dB, discord will eventually mute my voice chat. So that people in discord room with me won't hear my scream.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show an indication in the voice channel that a user is currently live.

Show an indication in the voice channel when a user is currently streaming in that specific and show which user is live.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/zMG3kI2.png

1,576 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. move

Add the option to discord that you can see who moved you from a voice channel. It's the only thing I feel that makes teamspeak better than discord, in teamspeak it logs everytime a client is moved and it tells you who moved the client, but in discord you can't see who moved you from a voice channel, and it can make a lot of confusion.
    My thought about how to implement this idea into discord is that you add the option to create a text channel that will purely log the activity in voice channels, and evry server will…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give People an Option to test out their own mic in settings

Give people an option to go into settings and check out their mic with the settings they currently have. For example either let them record it and play it back or have it playback live.
    It is a hassle having to tell people how their mic sounds to help them adjust their settings and it would make it easier for me in adjusting my sound settings as well. If we could get live playback like the listen feature in windows setttings it would be awesome because it would help people adjust voice pickup sensitivity settings as well as raise or…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Soundboard

Would be nice if you could implement a soundboard possibility, I really miss it from my TeamSpeak times :/

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. FIX voice chat on Android

I love Discord, but one major drawback preventing me from enjoying voice chatting on Android version on Discord is the fact that the sound there is treated as "In-call" category instead of for example "Media" category.

Because of this there are two things that are kind of annoying:

1. You cannot mute the voice chat on Android completely;
    2. The change in volume while talking over voice chat affects the volume of phone calls, and it makes you regulate it every time someone calls you after you using voice chat on Discord;
    3. On some phones In-Call audio channel isn't…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let us be able to ping Voice channels (like @here/@[name or #[text channel])

Pretty straight forward an probably fairly easy to implement. It would be nice to be able to ping which voice channel you want people to go to, similair to text channels. By far not something to prioritize, but its a nice QoL

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Call Duration Message

I regularly call with friends in private and in groups and personally enjoy seeing how long the call lasted for (especially for really long calls upwards of 10 hours), there's a message for when calls start right now but not when they end. This is something all of my friends and I miss from Skype.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mutually ending private calls

My friend and I are in very different time zones and one of us is usually very tired whenever we get time to talk/call. We would like to be able to hang up like a normal phone call and both ends of the call end. Right now only one half ends. This is troublesome if one of us falls asleep because, as stated, we are usually very tired when we talk, and its always nice to be able to call someone and fall asleep to their voice. So, we need to be able to end the call and not have…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to change private voice call server from a drop down menu

Discord use to be able to do this and have clear, low latency voice calls, but now whenever i talk with my friend in the South East Asia region. it automatically sets it to Europe which make our call horrible when we can change it to Singapore for a better call quality. please bring back a much loved feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base