Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Payment Options (Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc.)

Direct Credit-Card and PayPal is awesome for Nitro, but there should be more Payment options to support. As gamers, common ones we see are Amazon Payments, Visa Checkout, PaySafe, etc. Many supportive options that allow us to subscribe to Twitch/Mixer streamers...but Discord only allows 2 options!

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

1,797 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spotify

First of all, thanks for adding the feature for spotify, but I think it would be nice if my friends could listen as well even when I'm playing games. At the moment you must only have spotify open in order for this new spotify thing to work. Please fix this

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. spotify private session

The new spotify feature is amazing. But if you activate private session in Spotify, it should be private in Discord too.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HypeSquad - Community Concept

Hello there!

I am currently an official HypeSquad associate. I would like to present a concept me, and probably others, would be delighted to see being added. My major concept is listed below.

Private Discord Server
    :: I am aware the Discord server is only granted for those who have received an acceptance email for those who have decided on Event Attendee or Coordinator. But, I really have a passion for Discord and so do other Discord HypeSquad members who are not an Event Coordinator/Attendee, thus separated server or not, I would love to see a Discord community for ANY…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bundled Spotify Premium and Nitro

It would be sweet to get bundled Spotify Premium and Nitro! Since the launch of Spotify on Discord.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A new "video" channel type, for server-wide video share

We have voice channels, text channels, DM Channels, and Group DM's.

Video is coming to discord, to DM channels, to Group DM channels, but not to servers.

If servers had "Video" channels with their own permissions like, "connect to channel", "send video", "send audio", "view video", "hear audio", etc, that would be so useful.

Think of the possibilities, bots can play videos and everyone can watch them, bots can control what plays.

We could have stats channels, like say a tournament is being ran, you could make a bot live show the tournament/game, with stats, information, just like watching a…

3,995 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

235 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lifetime option for Discord Nitro

Hi Guys,

I thought that a lifetime option would be really cool.
    However, I've already seen a few threads that contain the same, but I think that's really bad.

Discord is a really awesome program which now has some benefits, as you should not introduce a nitro rank is too expensive.
    I mean 5 € are not much but there are more people who have less money than a lot.

Personally, I always wanted to get this rank, but I'm 5 € monthly or 50 € a year too expensive, because I would for example get more on Amazon Prime…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Discord for the Nintendo Switch

Just a simple idea

7,647 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

686 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Georgian Language

Create Georgian Language Translation team on crowdin page.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Discord for other platforms

See duscord we all love is on pc. Which is used by many gamers, streamers, and communities. I'm just suggesting discord migrate their app over to console like xbox, ps4, and the switch. now i know they would have to do a lot of re coding I'm not stupid just imagine the hassle it took skype and youtube and a lot other popular apps to migrate their apps over from pc. so it's just a idea you know i play both platforms xbox and pc so i like to stay intouch with my pc friends easily.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to set the default channel.

You should be able to change what the default channel is set to without deleting the original one. Even after deleting the original, you still can't set it. It always defaults to the channel on the top.

Additionally, after deleting the original default channel, tapping on a server icon on mobile selects it but displays your friend list where the messages would normally be, which I think is a bit of an issue. You have to manually tap a channel to get it to display that channel's messages, when it should automatically choose the set default channel for you.

From…

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete older versions of Discord after installing updated one.

I was just going through my AppData\local folder and I noticed Discord taking up over 300MB of storage space. I looked in the folder and I discovered three subfolders with different versions of the app. (app-0.0.298, app-0.0.299 and app-0.0.300)

So my suggestion is to have the two older versions deleted to save up on disk space when installing the latest version of Discord because we don't need those old files anymore and I just saved up ~200MB of space on my SSD.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the Offline list on sidebar when a server has 100+ members

Or, otherwise put, don't make it disappear when reaching 100+ members.

For me, an admin in three servers, a mod in a few others and a member of various Discord servers, losing this list is just dumb and annoying, and it doesn't affect performance at all for me. (see the last paragraph for me elaborating on this)

Make the function toggle-able or lose it. I want to be able to see offline members in Indie Game Utopia (main server I am admin'ing in.) and others to see it as well, in a server that's made for small indies to talk…

1,650 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

215 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MyAnimeList support for Discord Profile

It would be cool if we could link our MyAnimeList Profiles with our Discord Profiles, so that other people could find your MAL faster.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wumpus Plushy

The only merch that is available to buy right now are shirts and hoodies. I want a stuffed Wumpus plushy. Simple as that.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom background image

We should have any image we want for the background.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Download images directly from discord

(This is a minor quality of life improvement so don't put it to high on the to do list)

Hey
    At the moment the only way to download a images is by opening it in a web browser, and the downloading it.

I was wondering if you could update it so i would be able to download it Directly from discord
    Thanks in advance :D

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nitro payment

Nitro is wonderful, but the idea is: the possibility to pay in € and use PostePay!!!

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Volunteer Support

An official Discord support server where people (yes, even you) can lend a helpful hand to fellow Discord users. This would take much of the burden from the Discord developers, so they have more time for things like launching super cool updates and reading this suggestion. I know most of the official servers already do this, but it would be nice to have one specific dedicated support server with a fancy link like http://discord.gg/support or /help.

There could also be a program similar to what Xbox has: The Ambassador Program. If you don't know what it is, I would highly…

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base