Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Discord for the Nintendo Switch

Just a simple idea

6,616 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

628 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Discord is not only for gamers! Change Discord's description

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers, developers, friends, family and literally everyone that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

This is how it should be

112 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the Offline list on sidebar when a server has 100+ members

Or, otherwise put, don't make it disappear when reaching 100+ members.

For me, an admin in three servers, a mod in a few others and a member of various Discord servers, losing this list is just dumb and annoying, and it doesn't affect performance at all for me. (see the last paragraph for me elaborating on this)

Make the function toggle-able or lose it. I want to be able to see offline members in Indie Game Utopia (main server I am admin'ing in.) and others to see it as well, in a server that's made for small indies to talk…

1,141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A new "video" channel type, for server-wide video share

We have voice channels, text channels, DM Channels, and Group DM's.

Video is coming to discord, to DM channels, to Group DM channels, but not to servers.

If servers had "Video" channels with their own permissions like, "connect to channel", "send video", "send audio", "view video", "hear audio", etc, that would be so useful.

Think of the possibilities, bots can play videos and everyone can watch them, bots can control what plays.

We could have stats channels, like say a tournament is being ran, you could make a bot live show the tournament/game, with stats, information, just like watching a…

2,130 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to set the whole server as adults only rather than taggin all channels.

This having to label every channel as NSFW is just causing a mess. Instead allow us who run servers with a mature audience to set the whole server as NSFW or 18+.

As it is now, my server doesn't allow kids in as we want a community where everyone is an adult, works for a living and doesn't have time for all the drama etc. that comes with the younger audience servers. We're a place to come and play, talk shop, relax, be foul mouthed etc.

1,749 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to set the default channel.

You should be able to change what the default channel is set to without deleting the original one. Even after deleting the original, you still can't set it. It always defaults to the channel on the top.

Additionally, after deleting the original default channel, tapping on a server icon on mobile selects it but displays your friend list where the messages would normally be, which I think is a bit of an issue. You have to manually tap a channel to get it to display that channel's messages, when it should automatically choose the set default channel for you.

From…

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Arabic

Hello Discord Team, Can you make discord support Arabic Alphabet in text channels names and voice channels names ? that would be great and a lot of Arabic ppl will join discord.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make an actual rules page

every server I'm in has a rule channel so I was thinking you should make like a tab above the top channel and you can have a rules page I don't know how to do any of that inspect element stuff so I cant include a picture but I just randomly came up with the idea so please yeah

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Discord for Smart Fridges

*opens fridge to get milk*
    "Generic is calling..."
    *close fridge*

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. lift the ban on self-harm talks

i don't support lifting the ban on NSFW content outside of NSFW chats, that is really intrusive and shouldn't be unbanned

i must also preface that I don't support the unbanning of lolicon, shotacon, and guro, that is heavily normalizing of pedophilia and could seriously affect people who have histories involving abuse

however, the ban on self-harm will inevitably lead to people avoiding talking about the issues that affect them. when people are contemplating, it should be obvious that a space in which they can talk about their issues without legal action against them or account suspending, and it's obviously…

537 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Voice Notes

Add "voice notes" sometimes is Easier to send a quick voice note to coment it you are in a hurry and people can listen later, Sing "happy birthday" to someone. 1 min long its enough

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Friend Time Counter

can you guys implement a way to show how long you been friends with someone since they accept the friend request

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Verify Users

Discord staff should be able to verify well known users or users with a fairly big guild. Similar to the (Bot) logo next to a discord bots username there could be a tick to show that a user is verified!

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clone Discord Servers

If your the Owner of a discord server you should be able to clone one by right clicking the icon and hitting something like "Clone Server". This would be helpful for people who make exact replicas when creating discord servers. This should carry over the following:

- Roles

- Permissions

- Categories

- Channels and Data

And others

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Move away from the "just for gamers" business model

Discord has expanded to something much bigger, most servers I'm in aren't to do with gaming. It seems wrong for the app to be limited and pushed as an app for "gamers" - it just seems wrong if you want the platform to grow out more.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Discord for other platforms

See duscord we all love is on pc. Which is used by many gamers, streamers, and communities. I'm just suggesting discord migrate their app over to console like xbox, ps4, and the switch. now i know they would have to do a lot of re coding I'm not stupid just imagine the hassle it took skype and youtube and a lot other popular apps to migrate their apps over from pc. so it's just a idea you know i play both platforms xbox and pc so i like to stay intouch with my pc friends easily.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "doing" status option

an option to customize the action "playing" to other verbs like "doing" which would make more sense for software and other processes besides games

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Vector Graphic Avatars/Icons

Add the ability to upload vectors as an avatar, emoji or server icon!

(Quick Intro)
    Vectors are like images, but written in mathematical code to draw lines. They don't get pixelated when resized and are always at FULL QUALITY.

POSSIBILITIES:
    Upload a vector as an avatar. This would MASSIVELY reduce the strain on Discord's servers sending images constantly, as well as making avatars perfect quality.

NITRO USERS:
    Vector graphics can be animated! This means that nitro users could gain the ability to upload an animated vector image, or maybe even animated emoji to servers.
    This would prevent the laggy GIF…

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search for bans

Search for bans and be able to unban people.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Discord version for commercial use

In my company, we have tried several communication channels. Every one of them sucks in some way. I use Discrod for my personal use and it is simply the best tool for communication.

I'd like to see some commercial version of Discord, perhaps for fee, with some security guarantees to be able to exhange sensitive company informations.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base