Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Discord embeds 2.0

im developing a discord bot and doing a lot of creative stuff with the discord embeds, but they are very limited. Had a look @ the slack embeds and what you can do with them (e.g. buttons in an embed) and thats the reason I am proposing:

- rebuild the discord embeds to give the bot developers more ability to code cool additions for the discord app.
    - make the embed system like the new css grid system and let the developers use stuff like buttons and that responsive so it looks good on all mobile devices
    - embeds should…

414 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Discord integration with Windows 10 People

Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 2017 came with the ability to 'pin' your favorite contacts to the windows taskbar. The app then connects to various services like skype, email, etc. It would be cool if it connected to discord too so you can quickly reach your favorite people without having to find them on the app.

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mixer Intergration?

As you all know, that Beam was taken over by Microsoft, and it's a streaming platform as well, wouldn't it be cool to be able to have the SAME integration as Twitch does?

Discord: Hey your streaming on Twitch? Let me change and link your twitch for you!

Can that idea be for Mixer as well? Cause im sure lots of people would be happy to be able to get this enabled,

BONUS: As well for the Mixer integration, they can implement the Subscribers as well! cause you know, same scenario right?

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow bots to register / (slash) commands that a user can use

On join to a guild, commands that have been registered to the bot in the developer app section of the website should show up to the user in the / (slash) menu.

These commands, when used, will send a new websocket event to the bot with the arguments and the bot can decide whether to post a private response (only seen by the user, like Clyde's messages), a public response to the channel, or do some other internal action to the bot (like play a song if you are a music bot).

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bot Owner Programme

As everyone knows that there is a programme called Discord Partners in which a socially famous person or a famous community can get some sort of benefits for using Discord, tho they spend all their time on a different platform and get rewarded on Discord. While the Bot Owners who spend hours-and-hours of work to create something unique in the platform but they do not get any rewards for it, they spend a lot of money as well just for the hosting and try their best to make the platform fun and safe but still don't get rewarded for it.…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bot - Invitecheck, check which invitation someone has used

I need the feature in the API, that the Bot can check which invite someone has used. That would be very nice and open many possibilities.
    LG Lewnox

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. IFTTT Integration

Hey so it would be pretty cool if you could integrate with IFTTT. This service can be really handy, for example, it could let my friends know when i come home or set my profile as away when i leave the house, the possibilities are endless!

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Discord Badge detection for bots

I was wondering if you guys can allow bots to detect Badges. Nitro, Hypesquad, Partner, etc.

It will be great for sorting members by tier, if they join the server.

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Replaceable components for Embeds (Localized Times)

Lots of bots include timestamps with specific commands.

For example, I write a bot that posts notifications from a game's in-game alert system. Obviously we could all just use UTC and figure it out, but at 2am when you and your buddies are deprived of sleep, you don't want to think.

As a provider of data to an international community, being able to provide the date in a format in the strings (determined by Discord) such that it would appear as that local time for anyone viewing it would make my life and thousands of people's lives better, as well…

95 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bots Rich presence

Rich Presence is great, but I find it to be a let down as someone who has a discord bot and cannot use any of it on my bot. Is there any specific reason for leaving out bots for rich presence?
    By bots I mean official bot accounts, not selfbots or userbots.

Stay Awesome.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Achievements for Games

Discord is for Gamers right? What if you added the ability for Developers (Even Indie Developers) to add Achievements to their games that would show up on a persons discord profile, It would also somewhat give some lesser known indie games more reach

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Clyde like Slackbot

Optimize Clyde or another bot/system to answer simple questions about the app and run simple commands such as /remind and /timer etc. like Slack’s iconic slackbot.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Embed a "send message" button on external websites

Since there isn't a very easy way to share my Discord profile with others, the only way my clients can get into contact with me is a "copy Discord username to clipboard" button on my website. Could there be a way to make a button that sends the person to their discord client and adds me as a friend? Or some kind of API I can import to make a text field that, when submitted, would send me the message they type from my website? I just think the whole "Discord profiles" thing needs a bit of polish for people…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. getmessagedeletor

Right now there isn't an option to get the player who deleted a message.
    This is really frustrating because we'd like to know if the user kwen that he had sent something wrong or that staff deleted the message.

So just a method in the event that returns the user that deleted the message

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Whiteboard Integration

I think it would be nice if Discord had some kind of drawing board for sharing quick ideas that are less understandable through words, like telling your friend how you outplayed someone in League if you forgot to record it, or planning your strategy in CSGO, or just to draw pictures for fun. This would be very helpfel to Tactical gamers.
    Imagine you're planning your strategy on that board with the map as background image, and during the operation you can press a key to make it appear in the overlay. Ideally, you can also ping the enemies' last know…

6,372 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a bot from another server to your server

Well, I want adding bots easier, so lets say for example, Elisebot is in a person's server and I want to add that bot to my own server. There should be a button to allow you to add that bot to your own server so it would be much easier.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow developers to pass their own format for elapsed string

[Disclaimer: this feedback was based on new features of the Canary Discord's version, things may change with time]

So Discord is changed look of the 'elapsed' string what was really strange decision. Yes, previous string was looking bad, but the new one not fixes the issue. Now you're print "Playing for 2 minutes" for everything in RP. This is something that game developers should be able to handle.

In this feedback I suggest Discord to add 'elapsed_format' argument to the Rich Presence update, so developers could pass their own formats that will look more corresponding to other text.

Let's look…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add support for SVG files in embeds

Currently, if you try to set an SVG as the image of an embed, nothing shows up: https://i.imgur.com/mOdv9Ha.png

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integration with games (like twitch)

Maybe create something like an API to allow games to read discord chat like on twitch (games with twitch integration) where the audience or the people in the discord chat would be allowed to send commands that could be read by the game.

Examples of games with twitch integration:
    Jackbox Party pack
    Ultimate Chicken horse
    Hand of fate 2
    Etc...

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Privacy Setting: Allow bots send Direct Message

Add a new line to Privacy Settings:
    http://i.imgur.com/CZbqOWH.png
    Couple bots send direct messages to users. It would be nice to have a way to separate "I want receive messages from bots but not from everyone else".

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base