Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow bots to register / (slash) commands that a user can use

On join to a guild, commands that have been registered to the bot in the developer app section of the website should show up to the user in the / (slash) menu.

These commands, when used, will send a new websocket event to the bot with the arguments and the bot can decide whether to post a private response (only seen by the user, like Clyde's messages), a public response to the channel, or do some other internal action to the bot (like play a song if you are a music bot).

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replaceable components for Embeds (Localized Times)

Lots of bots include timestamps with specific commands.

For example, I write a bot that posts notifications from a game's in-game alert system. Obviously we could all just use UTC and figure it out, but at 2am when you and your buddies are deprived of sleep, you don't want to think.

As a provider of data to an international community, being able to provide the date in a format in the strings (determined by Discord) such that it would appear as that local time for anyone viewing it would make my life and thousands of people's lives better, as well…

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bot - Invitecheck, check which invitation someone has used

I need the feature in the API, that the Bot can check which invite someone has used. That would be very nice and open many possibilities.
    LG Lewnox

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Whiteboard Integration

I think it would be nice if Discord had some kind of drawing board for sharing quick ideas that are less understandable through words, like telling your friend how you outplayed someone in League if you forgot to record it, or planning your strategy in CSGO, or just to draw pictures for fun. This would be very helpfel to Tactical gamers.
    Imagine you're planning your strategy on that board with the map as background image, and during the operation you can press a key to make it appear in the overlay. Ideally, you can also ping the enemies' last know…

6,189 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Discord Badge detection for bots

I was wondering if you guys can allow bots to detect Badges. Nitro, Hypesquad, Partner, etc.

It will be great for sorting members by tier, if they join the server.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Clyde like Slackbot

Optimize Clyde or another bot/system to answer simple questions about the app and run simple commands such as /remind and /timer etc. like Slack’s iconic slackbot.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Privacy Setting: Allow bots send Direct Message

Add a new line to Privacy Settings:
    http://i.imgur.com/CZbqOWH.png
    Couple bots send direct messages to users. It would be nice to have a way to separate "I want receive messages from bots but not from everyone else".

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add support for SVG files in embeds

Currently, if you try to set an SVG as the image of an embed, nothing shows up: https://i.imgur.com/mOdv9Ha.png

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto-redirection if the app is already authorized

Hey

Right now if you use a app on Discord, even if you have already authorized it you need to wait until the authorization page shows and show you what's being given to the service and click on Authorize.

Here is my suggestion :
    • When the user authorizes for the first time the API : redirect URI and scopes are saved somewhere on Discord.

If :
    • same scopes and redirect URI : instead of showing the page, instantly redirect to the redirect URI to earn some time (for me the auth page loads in 5 seconds and that's…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change Clyde's message for server outages to be less confusing

Currently, if there is an API outage preventing you from sending a message over Discord, Clyde will reply with: "Sending messages to this channel has been temporarily disabled. Try again in a bit." The use of the word "disabled" implies the issue is intentional. After receiving this message, I had to go look it up because I thought I had breached some message sending limit or otherwise done something to deserve having my message sending "disabled". Instead, it turns out this notice is received when Discord's servers are having issues, which was currently the case. Thus, I would have expected…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Emoji for Bots

Bots can already use custom emojis from all servers. However, if you want a bot to have its own custom emojis you need to create servers specifically for custom emoji.

It would be great if we could upload custom emoji for a bot directly in the applications interface. More than 50 custom emoji per bot would be amazing.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Resizing

make me able to resize the bars on the left and right

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding Integrated Mini Games

Adding mini-games to play with friends or other people on servers. You could click on someones profile and request a match to verse them in a mini game match. Owners and admins of Discord server's can have times when people can play mini-games on their server and people can spectate them. This could be known as "Discord Mini-Game [Insert Discord Server name here] Championships" or something by the lines of that. People can cheer others by using reactions or some other form of communication or you could do this all in a DM chat with a friend. You can earn…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Complete beam.pro integration

Current Beam.pro integration isn't done. We still have no streaming status, link in profile and I'm 99.9% sure that Beam partners can't see Beam integration settings in Server Settings.

Please, complete integration, don't be focused on Twitch platform, they won't support you, so why you providing so big support to them making your service have only one true integration?

Concept for profile link: https://i.imgur.com/OpAcTKL.png
    (icon: https://i.imgur.com/rNHVzVF.png)

170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. QuickBall on Discord

Recently I figured out that in my mobile phone, there is a something named "Quick-Ball". It is a small ball on the edge of the screen. If you clicked on the ball, other smaller balls will show up. You will be able to drag anything in that menu, like servers, friends, groups. For example, if you add one of your friends in that, you can click on the icon and chat icon with that friend will instantly open up and quick-ball will close. If you click on the server, chat and voice channels will open up and you can connect…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to customize text messages with colors

Able to do it in DMs fully, but in servers it has to be allowed if want to do it in servers

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Discord integration with Windows 10 People

Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 2017 came with the ability to 'pin' your favorite contacts to the windows taskbar. The app then connects to various services like skype, email, etc. It would be cool if it connected to discord too so you can quickly reach your favorite people without having to find them on the app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reaction hints and inline reactions in embed fields

Currently, if a bot wants to provide reaction hints, it has to react to the message itself. It would be much better if the expected reactions could be added to the embed message.

This would be really useful for polls or interactive messages. It would be even better if the reaction could be put alongside some text using a special message. For example:

====== Message
    What is your favourite treat?

<:reaction:

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Whitelisted IPs for Bots

I'd like if you can whitelist IPs for your bots, so in case of a security breach & some skiddie gets your bot token, they can not do anything without logging in via a whitelisted IP address.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base