Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Discord embeds 2.0

im developing a discord bot and doing a lot of creative stuff with the discord embeds, but they are very limited. Had a look @ the slack embeds and what you can do with them (e.g. buttons in an embed) and thats the reason I am proposing:

- rebuild the discord embeds to give the bot developers more ability to code cool additions for the discord app.
    - make the embed system like the new css grid system and let the developers use stuff like buttons and that responsive so it looks good on all mobile devices
    - embeds should…

2,152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

118 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Bots to have variable rate limits on a case by case basis

Tie bot Rate Limits to its bot token. If bots that are super busy, they are able to have higher global (and possibly per-route) limits so they don't get backlogged and hinder user experience of using it.

Or, perhaps have a verified bot system where larger bots or bots that go through some sort of verification system inherently have higher limits. But again, this likely will have to tie limits to a bot token (or maybe their client id).

Example, I run Now Live, which announces live streams all across Discord in 23k+ guilds and regularly gets bogged down with…

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discord Server Ads

Allows server owners to put on google ads on their server displayed where they wish. (Can be disabled) Discord get a fee out of this amount of money earned from the ads, And the owner gets the rest. This will work by discord setting up the making of the ads, and having there be a system that shows the server owner how much they have earned, and etc. The owner can then cash out in the payment method they wish.

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mixer Integration

Make Integration for Mixer the same way it is for Twitch - so people know you're streaming on Mixer and can go and watch it. Also linking the mixer account allows people to view your channel.

217 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bot Owner Programme

As everyone knows that there is a programme called Discord Partners in which a socially famous person or a famous community can get some sort of benefits for using Discord, tho they spend all their time on a different platform and get rewarded on Discord. While the Bot Owners who spend hours-and-hours of work to create something unique in the platform but they do not get any rewards for it, they spend a lot of money as well just for the hosting and try their best to make the platform fun and safe but still don't get rewarded for it.…

450 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. coub.com integration short looped video

English:

It would be great to add integration video service coub.com as a YouTube video or a gif image etc. At the moment they are just like the link from large preview image.
    The service allows you to view looped video length is 10 seconds with sound.

The link to the service: http://coub.com
    Link to example: http://coub.com/view/11mm5x
    Link to API: http://coub.com/dev/docs/Coub+API%2FOverview

We look forward to!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Русский:

Было бы здорово добавить интеграцию видеороликов сервиса coub.com, как видео YouTube или gif изображения и т.п. На данный момент они размещаются просто как ссылка с большой превью картинкой.
    Сервис позволяет просматривать зацикленные видео…

86 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Discord integration with Windows 10 People

Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 2017 came with the ability to 'pin' your favorite contacts to the windows taskbar. The app then connects to various services like skype, email, etc. It would be cool if it connected to discord too so you can quickly reach your favorite people without having to find them on the app.

440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Plugin & Mod Development

Okay, we all know the good old game Minecraft, and how Minecraft supports mods and plugins by adding forge and bukkit, what-if Discord would support this, like installing, developing and uploading custom mods and plugins for clients and servers. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Ok, just to clear out my idea. Some of you who has used BetterDiscord knows that it is possible to group servers. What if the Discord platform would support custom modifications? You could've uploaded your own mod (or someone else's mod found on GitHub) and installed it on the Client, and let's say the mod just changed…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. IP Whitelisting for Applications/Bots

What I'm proposing is an IP address whitelist for bots/applications which would prevent the bot from identifying or using the API if not from an IP on the list. This could be an optional feature in order to not hinder sharing credentials of dev/test applications with other developers, etc.

One of the largest risks for a bot developer is a token leak. We've seen bots get compromised and do real damage to servers and the bots in the past from a token leak.

I think this feature could give many developers a little peace of mind and added security at…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bots Rich presence

Rich Presence is great, but I find it to be a let down as someone who has a discord bot and cannot use any of it on my bot. Is there any specific reason for leaving out bots for rich presence?
    By bots I mean official bot accounts, not selfbots or userbots.

Stay Awesome.

124 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bots and Audit Logs

Bots should be able to post to Audit Logs with their own custom logging. This could be for any reason, maybe I want to share that someone changed a setting for the bot. Essentially it allows the API to write custom Audit Log messages and entries through a bot with their own custom why, who, what, how, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. YouTube/ YouTube Red Integration

It would be Nice if we could connect our YouTube accounts and it would show what we are watching or listening to, and for YouTube Red members, we could watch videos with friends on discord. This is sort of similar to the Spotify connection that was recently added to discord. Any other fetchers with YouTube would be cool. We already have integration with it to an extent, but it would be cool if we could have more fetchers.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transfer Bot

I wish that there was a feature that allows you to transfer one bot from a server to another. Like if it is a bot on it profile it will give you that option.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Grammarly Spell Check Merger

With the new addition of spell checker for Discord, it occured to me that the spell checker could be merged with Grammarly if you have your Grammarly account connected to your Discord account.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the webhook "BOT" badge configurable (text, colour)

Right now I'm using a webhook to mirror chat from a game's really basic chat interface into a Discord server. With webhooks I can configure the name and avatar to match the "speaker's" name and avatar so that it looks just like those users posted those messages right into the Discord chat.

Unfortunately, it displays the "BOT" badge after each user name, which is incorrect because these are real users (just not discord users). If I could configure this badge text and change the colour to something else, that would really solve the problem.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Able to create more bot applications via Nitro subscription

Maximum bots per user's account is 10.

But what if with Nitro subscription, you could create more bot applications?

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow bots to register / (slash) commands that a user can use

On join to a guild, commands that have been registered to the bot in the developer app section of the website should show up to the user in the / (slash) menu.

These commands, when used, will send a new websocket event to the bot with the arguments and the bot can decide whether to post a private response (only seen by the user, like Clyde's messages), a public response to the channel, or do some other internal action to the bot (like play a song if you are a music bot).

271 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. iTunes support

Can you add in support for iTunes/Apple Music like what you did with Spotify?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase application limit for Nitro users

Currently, the limit for the amount of applications assigned to one account is 10. I'd greatly appreciate it if you let Nitro users create more apps, possibly 15/20. This would help me out a lot.

Thanks,
    TEC.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Bots to have GUIs for easier setup/interaction

Allowing bots to have GUIs, even minimal ones, would definitely help setup for certain bots and allow for chats not to be cluttered with various bot commands. It would also allow bot creators to have some more design freedom and personalization

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base