Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. role category

See since I've heard that Channel Category has been coming out and now i have seen it in Canary, i was wondering if you guys would do a Role Categories like the channels. It would be useful for a server with a big amount of roles. I haven't thought of how to do like the level of permissions like it is now but i wouldn't be surprised what you, discord devs, think of because you guys are astonishing. You guys never disappoint in what you guys do new to the servers aspect!

632 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

49 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make 'admin' role non-movable by 'moderator' role

I mean, I don't want the moderators to be able to move me to another voice room on my server. I've tried it with a friend, who had only the moderator role, and he was able to move me to another channel, even if the admin role, which I had, is higher in the role list than the moderator.

431 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mass Ping Confirmation (@everyone, @here, @x where n > admin defined threshold)

Requires confirmation of sending a ping to a large number of users. Could be an admin defined n, or percentage of server population who have that tag.

Slack has this feature:

https://twitter.com/asjonish/status/952990494149300230

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add permission to edit messages from other users

Our discord server has a system in place where we keep a couple messages pinned in a particular channel, which is kept up-to-date with relevant in-game information that needs to be slightly modified every couple days. However, only the message owner can edit the message, so nobody else can update it. Other members have offered to assist with this role, but the process is quite cumbersome on mobile. The original message has to be located, copied, edited, re-posted, and pinned. Then the original message has to be un-pinned/deleted.

It would be so wonderful if a permission could be added to…

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow only admins/moderators to mention certain roles

For example, let's say there's a beta tester role. We don't want everyone to be able to mention that role, that would lead to tons of spam and abuse. Why not have an option to allow just admins to mention that role instead of everyone?

2,184 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Role Prioritization

Allow people to have roles higher in channel settings to have their permissions come first. For example if you want a specific role to see the chat and another role that cant then the role that cant will still be able to see it if the user has the role that can. Taking away the role also wont help as its automatically put on and the bot will refresh every so often.

The solution I have is to make it so roles higher up have a better priority. Also allow people to have their server or channels able to switch…

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bots not counting as users

I made a channel for League, which would involve a five person max, but if four people are playing and invite the bot in, the bot takes a slot and fifth person can't enter, so the bot would have to be removed and then re-invited. This is obviously not a big problem but is quite inconvenient, especially while in a game.

Anyone else think they could make use of this?

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Member Categories

So since channel categories were added, i thought maybe it would be nice if custom categories could be added to seperate members on the member list.

I made some art for what it might look like using a segment of the member list from my server, original image: https://imgur.com/JzVm95r (names have been censored)

Simple member categories: https://imgur.com/m1zCqbe (no underline) https://imgur.com/xpy6tl2 (with underline)

The text could also be configured to have colour like roles do: https://imgur.com/CNzFFwc (the member category colours could be independent from the role colours)

Finally, there could be options to centre the text and outline as well as…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Roles changed to tree diagram

1) Google images for tree diagram.

2) Change the current Role/permission ladder to the tree diagram

Why: Allows for better granting of permissions and leadership assigning. Can also be made to look more graphically intuitive and pleasing to look at.

Main point: one branch should not be able to affect the other branches permission wise, because they are different branches, they have nothing to do with each other, so separate them. The ladder system doesn't allow that.

176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manage roles / Assign roles

My server sets roles based on stats, my moderators use a bot to check the users stats and apply roles based off of the stats. Currently Discord permissions under "Manage Roles" Give people the option to not only set roles, but delete all the roles under their role. My suggestion is to make Assigning roles permission and Manage roles permissions seperate. Manage roles would allow people with this permission enabled to edit role names and permissions and delete roles below them, and assign roles would just give the ability to set roles. I understand you should trust your moderators before…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to selectively enable or disable roles that can be pinged by certain roles

While the ability to disable @everyone and @here pings is already in Discord, a menu that allows administrators of a server to limit the amount of roles a certain role can ping would be much appreciated.

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. NSFW to Roles

I would suggest that NSFW channels can be disabled for some roles.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. role look update

With the new update, how the roles look when you click on someone on the right hand side.. I hate the new look of them, you can barley see the color of the role and it just is so hard to read if you have a lot of roles. I liked the old look of the roles, not these new ones. Also in the role list in server settings, the roles now have no color, the only time you see the color is when you click on the role. That just makes it way harder to see the color cause…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add A manage Bots Perm

Dear Discord Team,

In perms You can Add Manage roles and Manage servers and such but why not manage bots which alows anyone with that perm to add bots to the server it would be useful alot for situations where you need staff dedicated To bot watching on a server ive need it alot and probaly Bot site servers would love it so please add that. Thank you for your time :)

From haxxit

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Choose Displayed Role

Basically: Allow users or administrators of a server to change which role is primarily displayed for them if they possess multiple roles.

This may be an idea/request that is only for very niche userbase, and so not widely applicable. However, to describe my situation: My summer camp staff uses discord as a chatroom, connection location, and improvement-discussion venue. At the summer camp we work in distinct "areas" like departments. Nature, Excursions, Shooting Sports, and so on. Many of us who have been there multiple years have worked in many of these areas. We like to use Discord roles to show…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Creation of TextChannel/Categories and Individual Permissions

Basically what I want is to be able to create either a Parent Channel or a Channel Category so i.e. i could give a bot the Permission to create Subchannels in that Parent/Category and only there.
    (We were burned by that recent bot "hacking" thus we don't want to give the bot permissions server wide)

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Personal roles based on interest

I would really like to see a form of personal roles/tags/interests/whatever that could be set on an account. That way when you join a server you could have interest in a particular universal tag.

So let's say you had interest in a particular game. Then whenever someone from several different servers mentioned the role you would be able to get pings from all the different servers.

I would also say there needs to be some administrative sides to that. So each server would have to be able to enable these globalized tags. Or possibly filter the tags that the server…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Separate integrated roles & 'normal' roles

I'd very much like to see (bot) integrated roles displayed separately from the 'normal' roles. I think that'd look pretty nice.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Post images only

In channel permissions, there's the option to send messages, and the option to attach files. But without the permission to send messages, you can't do anything there. However, in some cases it would ease the moderating job if there was an option to only post images to a channel, and no text. For example, art contests or features where you want to prevent people from starting discussions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow channels to be accessible for everyone even without read permissions

Hey there.

We basically want to create a channel where people can submit confidential content. We want to give @everyone posting permissions but deny reading of the channel. (https://image.prntscr.com/image/vB342bByT7OaH14jZyr2uA.png)

But right now, this isn't possible because as soon as a channel is in "deny read messages for everyone" mode it's set to private.

Please decouple the "make private" part from this option to make stuff like this possible.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base