Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make uploading files and uploading images separate permissions

I want my users to be able to upload dank memes in the form of images, but I don't want them to be able to send potentially dangerous files. Currently, blocking the "Attach Files" permission blocks both actions. Please separate the two.

3,318 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

52 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Password protected channels

Really though? Setting up roles and permissions work better in all of your private server needs. Just sayin'

2,056 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make pinging people be a permission, or limit number of pings per message

Trolls have started mass pinging servers by choosing 100 random members of the server and pinging each one individually in a single 2000 character message. Even if a bot auto-bans them immediately, it can't unping those 100 people, who will then go to the channel and wonder why they got pinged. In a server with 200 people online, this amounts to half the online users being pinged. These attacks happen regardless of verification level, so long as the server is public.

There are several ways to deal with this problem:
    1. Make pinging other users be a role permission, just…

1,615 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability For Admins/Mods to move message posted in one text channel to another

In case people post a message in a text chat that belongs in a different channel, it would be nice to be able to assign the ability to move message from one channel to another to specific roles (ie Admins/Moderators).

Example:
    Someone posts an article link about WoW in the Starcraft channel. Instead of deleting/reposting it would be nice for a mod to just move the message to the correct channel. The message would appear in the new channel as posted by the original poster with maybe an additional note that a mod moved it there.

1,425 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hidden Voice Channels

The funcionality "read" in text channels hide the channels if taken away from a group throughout all their hierarcy as far as I understand it.

I would have loved to have this functionality for voice as well.

Either integrating a catch all "see" permission if the rework required is acceptable or implementing the "read" functionality for the voice channels would be brilliant.

Basically, it allows for you to avoid socially awkward situations and instead of being perceived "they are not talking to us" you would be perceived as "they are not on voice" :)

778 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't allow people to use Ascii in their names or at all

Don't allow people to use Ascii special characters in their usernames, it allows people to use stupid things like the character below to troll and really has no useful purpose.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

683 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Simplified and Advanced Role/Hierarchy

Hello Everyone!

I know it's been brought up many times about a new Hierarchy for Discord Servers and I know some of them have been kicked back by the devs cause it will make things confusing for people. This I do understand having an extensive background in IT, you always want what is easiest for an end user. This is why I am suggesting have a "Simplified" and "Advanced" permissions menu for roles.

In "Simplifed" setup the permissions for roles and the hierarchy would stay the exact same, whatever is above another role can assign the one below it. That's…

680 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give the new Search feature permissions

Please add permissions to the search feature so servers (+channels, roles, members) can opt-out.

Many users have expressed that they are not comfortable having their entire message history easily searchable. This also poses a major privacy risk -- for example, malicious users will be able to "dox" (search for and collect personal information) with relative ease.

I'd like to see this added in 2 different ways:
    1. A "Search Message History" permission so it can be disabled for certain roles/channels/members.
    2. A User Setting that globally hides your messages from all search results.

521 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make a "Jail" type channel

Make a permission where users cannot move out of the channel, sort of like a jail or detention, unless the server owner, or someone with permission moves them out.

404 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a permission for editing other people's messages

This would allow administrators to more easily enforce their chat rules.

352 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assign roles

Be able to assign and change roles on all mobile devices.

349 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Role Count

Increase role count limit. 250 is way too small for large servers. 500-600+ would be much more preferable.

335 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to set roles as hidden

Currently, when normal users examine another user's popout, they see any roles assigned to that user. It would be nice if we could either disable the ability to see roles for specific user groups, or set a role as hidden (so that only users with the Manage Roles permission can see it).

268 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A way to indicate multiple roles for specific users (additional role indicator, aside from name colors)

In my particular use case - Discord server for a sizable Star Citizen org - we have quite a few people and kinda need more than one way to indicate people's roles.

We have people, who represent different branches of the org, so having different colors for them is cool. However, these people also hold different ranks within their respective branches.

It would be a good idea to have an additional kind of indicator, aside from color name, for speciffic roles. Like for example a colored circle around the person't avatar.

Let's say, for instance that members of the military…

253 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Flexible verification levels

Currently we only have options between Low, Medium, and High. I'd like to see a set of three checkboxes instead:

[_] Have a verified email on Discord
    [_] Be registered on Discord for X minutes, where X is an admin-set amount
    [_] Be a member of the server for Y minutes, where Y is also an admin set amount

One of the servers I'm currently on has a wait for being a member of the server so that we can be certain that they read the intro channel, but 10 minutes is far too long for that. Being able to…

231 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stealth Roles

The ability to assign/create roles that don't show up anywhere (except for equal or higher roles ofc)

I wanna be able to deploy Stealth Admins dammit!

229 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Role Tag

So let's say you want to play with a some guys on a server, but you don't know where they're from etc, all you gotta do is look next to their name, eh?
    Just like the BOT tag, but way cooler.
    Example: http://i.imgur.com/ONGu0VS.png

Really useful for LFG and so on.

228 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Temporary Voice Channel Permission

I often pull in guests into my streams live voice channel, but if they disconnect, they can't come back in unless an Admin or I puts them back in.

I'd like the ability to give someone an X Hours/Min. permission to join a channel - so they can reconnect on their own if disconnected.

Eg. If I'm playing a game of Rainbow Six: Division and one of my teammates disconnects - they can jump back in without having to flag down a mod or myself.

A surprising number of my users get disconnected, and I think it's because they are…

215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Temporary Bans, Mutes and records of it.

Sometimes users do not deserve a permanent mute/ban for certains offences. I suggest that a temp ban/mute system is implemented. I believe muting someone permanently just because he swore or he did something like that does not deserve a permanent ban/mute. At least not at his first offence. This system should also take records of how many times a user has been banned/muted so you ban/mute him the amount of time he deserves. Of course not all roles can perform this actions and this should be managed by a server admin.

214 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Rainbow" or Gradient fill role names!

The color options are awesome already for roles, but I have had many requests for a multicolor system from my staff members! I thought it would be a good idea, allows peoples imaginations go! (They mostly said rainbow, but gradient fill would be pretty legit too)

193 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base