Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow @mentions to be used only by specific roles

Right now custom roles can either be mentioned by everyone in the server, or no one at all. Having a setting to give a specific role ping access would be amazing for every discord server that uses custom roles.

Instead of having
    "Allow anyone to @mention this role"
    we could have
    "Allow <select role> to @mention this role"

This can work similar to how @here and @everyone do: If the user doesn't have access to ping @role, then a notification won't be sent and that message won't be highlighted.

This is a feature highly wanted by every Role Based Discord…

2,389 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

53 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make an ability to click on roles and check descriptions for those roles, so people have a better understanding of them.

For example, we can click on somebodys profile, and where the roles usually are, we can click on them or hover our mouse over them so a little box with a description pops up. Mobile users will have to press the roles, while PC people can hover over it. This will provide a larger opportunity for people in your discord server to understand those roles, and no confusion. Thanks; hope this gets approved!

734 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Advanced role permissions

It would be cool if you would make permissions more advanced, like.

You can do @here but you can't @everyone.
    You can role someone VIP but you can't role someone Veteran.
    You can pin messages but you can't delete messages.
    You can create emojis but you can't remove any.

691 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow server admins to view the server from the point of view of different roles

It would be useful to be able to view my server as if I was a member with a certain role, to check that I can access the correct rooms and use the correct features in the right places. I believe facebook has a similar feature for people viewing your profile, it would be useful on discord.

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Restrict posting links

Enable/disable posting links for specific roles.

441 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Password Protected Text Channel For The Protection Of Private Information.

We should have password encrypted text channel, what if we are having text channel to exchange some important information and we don't want other than us to get that information, i know that can be done by giving roles but in case if we are afk? like that there can be infinite possibilities where a password encrypted text channel can be proved much better than assigning roles.

105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make permissions more advanced.

Give users the ability to go to an advanced mode to create permissions with a simple code language. With code you can combine permissions in much more different ways and can create new permissions out of this.

For example: {role:member}{can-mention:trusted;moderator}... and go on.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. View Member List Permission

I'm in an LGBTQ+ server and because of the server's topic it gets a lot of trolls and biggits. The server has a system where you need to be verified through a simple process to be able to access the rest of the server. Recently a troll that was not verified DMed me and called me the f-slur and a few other things (I assume they found me through the member list). If a "view member list" permission they would not have been able to find and DM me. The server owner/moderator would simply go into the role settings for…

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Discord Advanced Roles.

Can the (Manage Roles) option be more advanced? It should be two buttons. 1) Give Roles. and 2) Create/Edit Roles. Because whenever I give mods/admins permission to Manage Roles for them to give others roles, the outcome is always them making stupid roles or deleting my current ones.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Role-to-role permissions

Summary:
    - Give certain roles permissions over other roles.
    - Lets group leaders have authority over their group.
    - New permission: Manage certain roles.

Imagine you have multiple groups/clans in the same server. You want each group leader to have authority over their group. This might include permissions like muting, moving, adding new members, removing old members, deleting messages made by group members, ect.

Currently, the closest you can get to this is by having a general "Group Leader" role. This role has the permissions that you want them to have over their group. However, they have these permissions over…

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Role colors

Roles can use more than 1 colour.
    For example "YouTube" the YOU can be white and TUBE can be red.

So you would highlight the text you want to be a different colour and you can change it

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom Name Backgrounds

Custom backgrounds for names/Roles to improve readability for darker role colors (Such as dark blue) and to give recognition to special roles (Such as Patrons or Sponsors).

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Roles can give 'linked' Roles to others

I currently Moderate for a community server for Overwatch players and we're finding it tough to hand out roles to people so they can't give out the wrong roles.

For example, we have Coaches of separate teams and we want them to be able to hand out a Team Captain role to who they choose, except it also allows them to hand out any role underneath the Captain role, due to the way Discord works.

What I suggest is a way to link a role to another making it so linked roles are the only ones that can be distributed…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. temporarily disable server invite links

An ability to not delete, but simply disable an invite's permission to be used, would be greatly appreciated.
    I run a large server and raiders tend to use our advertising links (which would be devastating to just cancel completely) so a temporary "disable" button on a link would be cool!

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Making it so only certain roles can ping roles that are set as pingable

Okay so, it's actually a fairly simple concept. So, we all know how you can make roles pingable by clicking that "Allow anyone to @mention this role".

1. Now, what if we change that? What instead of what it currently is, it was changed to "Allow anyone with administrator permissions to @mention this role", I mean, overall that would make more sense considering it's not necessary for others to ping the role, just ways for people to annoy everyone else in the server.

2. I understand that giving the administrator permission is overpowered so here would be my second solution…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow certain people to tag a certain role.

I think it's too general to say, "Not allow anyone to @ mention this role", when there might be certain roles that are supposed to be allowed it.

So PLEASE add a specific role feature to that permission.

81 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Disable the pinging of roles in certain channels

Basically what the title says.
    You should be able to make certain roles not-taggable in text channels.
    For example: let’s say I have a role called “Member”. The “Member” role should NOT be taggable in the #general chat, but in #announcements the “Member” role should be taggable.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More customizable mention roles options

At the moment when you make a role you can decide if you want to have "Allow anyone to @mention this role" which is great and all, but... We have a few roles on our server that we don't want to be able to be mentioned in selected categories/channel.

Roles we have: Content creators, Head Admins, Admins, Moderators, Developers, Dev team 1, Dev team 2, Discord mods, everyone.

We don't want everyone to be able to mention our developers in general chats category but in developers category, we, staff(Head Admins, Admins, Moderators) and Developers themselves, need be able to mention…

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Colors

Role colors are awesome, I have near 100 colors in my server (it's a tiiinnnyy bit overboard but who cares?), so, what if role colors displayed in VC / while typing / even in Audit Logs / Pings? :shrugemotehere:

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Permissions for Role Mentions

I think it would be great if we could have some sort of "role-mention permission" system.

Basically, how I'm imagining it:

When you are editing a role, besides the toggle that says "Allow anyone to mention this role", it should be renamed "Mentionable". Then there would be a permissions section that would let people with manage permissions to choose people with certain roles to mention that role. And since Administrators bypass everything they can be able to mention all mentionable roles.

This would be great because some servers have that "announcement" or "news" role that they ping, but this can…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base