Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Commands

It would be awesome to have these commands: /kick <user> <reason>
    /mute <user> <time>
    /ban <user> <reason>
    /tempban <user> <time>
    /stats (based on statistics)
    /status (based on status of discord)
    /dm <user> <message>

1,764 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a Mobile Version of the Web App

It would be great if you could make a web version of the web application that would scale correctly to mobile, as the web application currently is able to run on the phone, but you can't see anything. This would be great for those who want to try the service out but don't want to download the app on their mobile device, or for those who use unsupported mobile OS's like Windows Phone or older versions of iOS and Android.

101 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for the new Microsoft Edge browser

I like using the Edge browser, and having to open Chrome or Firefox every time i want to use Discord is a little annoying. Much thanks, and great site!

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Themes

It would be great if you can upload an image and have it ass a personal theme and have like custom text color around the whole interface.

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Properly identify Iceweasel as Firefox

I use the Firefox version rebranded by Debian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation_software_rebranded_by_the_Debian_project#Iceweasel). Even thought it is just a change in the name and logo and the user agent reported by the browser is "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 Iceweasel/38.2.1", the web app keeps telling me I have an unsupported browser, so I cannot use it to talk.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SFW Login Screen

Can you make login screen safer for work? I mean, orcs/minecraft/etc. are cool and all, but it'd be better for me with just plain blue background or something non-games related.
    For now, I have to type my login info as fast as possible to skip obvious WoW/Dota/Minecraft fullscreen picture.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove the "Get the desktop app" bar from the side when on Linux system

It's just annoying to be taunted with the fact that you can't get it yet. It should be as simple as checking the system as you do on the download page and then only show the bar if the system is not linux.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. /playing

Discord is an awesome idea, the Web App is brilliant but there's one thing I hate about it .... No playing status!!! I love the app because it can show everyone that I'm playing a game and people can join by simply asking because they now know I'm playing HOTS! In my case (using a windows vista) I can't simply do that. I wish there was a /playing command that allows users of both web and desktop apps to customize what they're playing. It's not like people can fake what they're playing by renaming google to Onlywatch but make it…

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Download Discord For ChromeOS

Be Able To Download Discord For Chrome

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Google Drive Integration

Have Google Drive integration for connecting links and pictures from Google Drive faster.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can we get a fixed (minimum) size for the chat panel?

With very small window sizes, Discord attempts to shrink the middle chat panel above everything else. Apart from being graphically weird (shrink your client horizontally, and eventually the text input area becomes inaccessible, but still visible, behind the userlist), Discord is intended first and foremost as a communication service, so losing the ability to read and send messages does not make sense.

This is annoying and sometimes impossible to use for people who have discord open in only, say, half of their laptop's screen (as laptop screen resolution tends to be lower than most other monitors, and Windows offers a…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the Web App Fully compatible with Safari

According to StatCounter and NetMarketShare, Safari is the most popular browser amongst OS X/macOS users. The desktop app consistently is labeled as a high energy user on Mac, and Chrome is well-known as a battery hog. Combined, making Discord fully compatible with Safari would make a good secondary option for users who don't want to use the desktop app, as users would want to use the browser as an alternative and the most popular browser on OS X/macOS is Safari

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have a AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!!

I think discord should know when your playing a game and it should be able to tell others :D

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set game on browser version of Discord

Though it is possible to set the game you're currently playing on the desktop app, it is not possible to do so on the mobile or browser versions. Being able to state what game you're playing on the desktop app is possible as an alternative to automatic detection, and I feel this would be a nice feature to implement on the mobile/browser versions.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Discord own Currency System

Since Discord Nitro is coming along some people will not be able to afford it. My idea was that Discord could make their own currency system in order to get at least one of the features that was mention in their update. In order to earn them we could gain points by either using Discord for a certain amount of time and by the time like lets say 2 hours u gain how many points they wish to give you for supporting the app. Or earn points by doing certain achievements if they were implemented. Let me know what you…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Webbm

Like the .gif plays in chat, have Webbm's play.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Switch accounts on authorize page

Simply just by adding a "Not you" or a "Sign out" button on the Authorization page for a bot or a web application, if you have an alt or someone else wants to login to authorize. It's better than actually going to the web app, then signing out from there, login to the other account, then refresh the auth page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MINIGAMES!!!!!!!

It's pretty cool to have a minigames server right? All the games in our PikaNetwork server are too serious, all we need to PvP or make a lot of money to buy what we like. But in minigames will bring you a lot of fun with NO PVP!? Wouldn't you like it?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. scroll

Scroll bar for servers on chrome/chromebooks. Cant access my other servers because it requires a scroll

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Minimize or Hide Sidebars

When the web app is minimized, resizing the window horizontally makes it impossible to see the chat log, because both the channel list and user list side bars take priority. Would it be possible to allow both of the side bars to be hidden or minimized so that the chat log is still visible in a smaller window?

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base