Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a lightweight web app

For platforms such as the Raspberry Pi, low-end smartphones, game console browsers, old computers.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Work camouflage

A way to use discord at work without drawing attention from coworkers or bosses. Maybe as a skin or a setting in the options (light, dark, WORK) Take down the profile pic images, get rid of name colors, dress discord up in a suit and make it look like it's another inconspicuous work app, so that people with nothing to do at work can look busy while staying up to date on their most active servers AND not having to grab their phone at their desk.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the "Playing ___" display on browser

For a while now, I've been using the browser version of discord. I've always wanted to add the "Playing ___" display under my name on the member list, but I found out you can only do it on the PC app. Is it possible for this to happen on the web app too?

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Discord Web App for Mobile Web View

Just as the title says, I'd like to see the web app become compatible with mobile browsers. In it's current state it is technically operable, but it looks and works horribly on phones.

Pros:

1) People who don't have the google play store, or simply don't have the memory, can have a minimal version of Discord running in their browser while they play games.

2) Other android services that utilize a web client, such as "Floating Apps - free multitasking", could allow you to run your game and Discord in a picture-in-picture styled mode.

3) It'd be pretty awesome.

4)…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ps4 web browser support

Lots of us use discord on our ps4 consoles to chat, but the ps4 web browser is not supported and today its not working for me, Please can you support this browser

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Google Classroom Integration

As Discord becomes more popular, it is coming on the radar of schools and Teachers. To make is easier for teachers to use in conjunction with their class, an integration for google classroom should be added.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Upgrade Favicon

I have Discord pinned to my shelf in Chrome OS and the icon needs less jpeg.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change login flow to avoid quick-selecting forget password

When you have to login over at discordapp.com/login, you sometimes want it to be quick, so you type in your username, press tab and type in the password, but if you press tab again, it will focus the "Foget Password" option and not the Login button.

In order to both avoid getting tens of reset emails per month, and make UX better, I suggest the option to reset your password would be moved after the login button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If I've dismissed the facebook banner on one computer, have it be dismissed on all future computers

1: Log in to web app on computer A
    2: Dismiss facebook banner on computer A
    3: Log in to web app on computer B
    4: Why does Discord ask me about facebook again here?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the theme of feedback.discordapp

a dark feedback.discordapp.com would be nice

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. System-Wide Push to Talk on the Web client

It'd be great if the push-to-talk in the web app worked even if the browser windows wasn't selected, you know, to get those stubborn friends to use Discord.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. youtube sharing!

How about youtube sharing on discord, you put in a link to a video (youtube, vimeo, ect) and you-y-you could like sh-watch videos together!

stupid idea when i type it but yeah!

(also i don't want to screen share a video with no audio discord)

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trust this Domain

Using rss based webhooks to display news formatted as embeds. Of course it is asking if the link is trusted, which is cool. Having lots of news sources included, i just have to select Trust this Domain to get rid of the message for a specific news portal, but since i'm using Discord on multiple machines, so multiple machines by multiple sites = lots of messages.

Can this trust towards a specific domain be assigned to my account and synced through all my desktop logins?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Web Client: Add Shared Servers/Mutual Friends to friend invitations While the information is obtainable, it would be much easier to filter

Web Client: Add Shared Servers/Mutual Friends to friend invitations

While the information is obtainable, it would be much easier to filter out spam if # Shared Servers/# Mutual Friends was available on the actual Friend Invite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When tabbing the web version of Discord while using FireFox, the first character input isn't registered.

When you tab into a Discord tab running in FireFox with either ctrl + tab or alt+ tab, the default is not for the text bar to be selected. This means that when you tab in and try to type, your first input is used in selecting the chat bar. This means that if you don't click on the bar or type an extra character and instead just type a message like you normally would, the first letter of the word doesn't appear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More responsive layout

Currently, the web version of Discord doesn't scale well with the screen. Although most users on small screens are mobile users that are likely using the mobile version instead of the browser alternative, having a responsive page is still great for, when example, I want to use the text chat while watching something on Twitch and I use dual windows (chat on left half and video on right).

It works great on Facebook's Messenger, with its responsive CSS, but Discord, not so much, sidebars squash the text area until only a single letter fits each line. https://imgur.com/a/M2WGK

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PSvita/playstation browser support

discord doesn't work well on the vita, i don't really care about videos and making it work the same across all systems/platforms just make it so that i can send messages.I don't like typing it up and remembering there's no enter just a line break button

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add an "mute all notification sounds" option

Because I log in via chrome at work, and every day my history is cleared, I have to individually turn off each notification sound every morning. It's not a big deal, but having one option to turn off all sounds would be very helpful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drop selected text into message text area

Allow using of native browser replacement for copy&paste: select text (message, etc.) then drag&drop it to message area to send it. Much more faster than copying and useful when buffer contains important data. Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363750693493932032/370679344458366977/2017-10-20_00-06-00.gif

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base