Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Widget does not show categories

I know the categories are new, but when you use the Widget the categories are not displayed in the iframe.

https://discordapp.com/widget?id=310688595520520193&theme=dark

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. youtube sharing!

How about youtube sharing on discord, you put in a link to a video (youtube, vimeo, ect) and you-y-you could like sh-watch videos together!

stupid idea when i type it but yeah!

(also i don't want to screen share a video with no audio discord)

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The web client should show a person's discriminator when you look at their profile, like the standalone client does

When you view another person's profile on the desktop app it shows their username and discriminator. However when you do the exact same thing on the web-based app it does NOT show the discriminator, only the username. There is no good reason for this, and I believe it was just a programmer mistake to omit the discriminator on the web version.
    This is significant if you're trying to copy a person's username#discriminator to your clipboard. The profile window (on the desktop client) is the only place in all of discord where you're able to select and copy this information. None…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an "mute all notification sounds" option

Because I log in via chrome at work, and every day my history is cleared, I have to individually turn off each notification sound every morning. It's not a big deal, but having one option to turn off all sounds would be very helpful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More responsive layout

Currently, the web version of Discord doesn't scale well with the screen. Although most users on small screens are mobile users that are likely using the mobile version instead of the browser alternative, having a responsive page is still great for, when example, I want to use the text chat while watching something on Twitch and I use dual windows (chat on left half and video on right).

It works great on Facebook's Messenger, with its responsive CSS, but Discord, not so much, sidebars squash the text area until only a single letter fits each line. https://imgur.com/a/M2WGK

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DiscordDeck - TweetDeck for Discord

Recently while using TweetDeck, I thought how nice it would be if there would be a similar thing for Discord: a website (or maybe a separate option/tab in the normal site) where you are able to list and display multiple text channels from different servers, multiple PMs etc.

A few things this would be useful for:
    -moderation across different servers. It would be immensly helpful to see more text-channels at once, instead of having to switch quickly through every single channel in all servers someone mods on.
    -fullscreen gaming with two monitors. When you need to know what happens in…

174 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Games Tab in web

Since i'm on windows XP (I know but i got it for a good deal) I cannot get the desktop app, but i wanted to make this request to have this added to the web version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Music Bots for PM calls!

I do talk alot to my friends on discord calls, but i always wanna show them a new song/**great meme** and its annoying having to go to youtube/soundcloud/spotify just to get the link. And i wouldnt like having to make a seperate discord just for only 1 classmate which i told about discord, it would be nice if there was a bots for discord calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lower the brightness on dark mode for web discord

On the web app, you could make the dark mode thing, like with less brightness, because everytime I go on the web discord, it hurts my eyes!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Discord for nintendo 2ds

Discord for nintendo 2ds

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. right click in browser

Allow the right click context menu to appear in the web app as well!
    Gmail can do it, i'm sure you can too!

(having to search for the tiny barely visible cogwheel and finding the one in the right line - lines are not separated after all - and then clicking edit to correct a mistake i made two lines above, is unnecessarily complicated)

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drop selected text into message text area

Allow using of native browser replacement for copy&paste: select text (message, etc.) then drag&drop it to message area to send it. Much more faster than copying and useful when buffer contains important data. Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363750693493932032/370679344458366977/2017-10-20_00-06-00.gif

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. YouTube subscriber invitation

I've seen quite a few Twitch people do this with their bots and I think it would be a good idea for YouTube. When someone subscribes on YouTube, they recieve a message or email regarding about that user's Discord server inviting them to join. We as YouTubers may get people who just join out of nowhere and mess about on your server (I've had that one before) Not only that it is more secure and fun and you can talk to people who you know have subscribed but also it verifies that account so people can't join if the server…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. browser video cal

Allow for video calling in the browser such as Firefox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Web app for Elinks/CMD

It would be nice to be able to use the web app from Elinks(web browser for command line). I have a pocket chip and it would be great if I could use Discord on it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Web app should utilize Chrome's background pages

So it can continue to receive notifications when Chrome is closed.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1184722?hl=en

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove all the WoW art and such when installing Discord

Pretty nit-picky, but I have a lot of people I know that hate WoW with a passion. They immediately pass up Discord as some cringey service when WoW has mostly nothing to do with Discord.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IP address confirmation: why so serious?

Hi, folks! I'm often using public networks or different mobile providers, so it takes me to verify my IPs instantly, even when they're automatically re-attached by my mobile operator. Could it _please_ be an option rather than a directive? I don't care about security )))) no one would break my account out of personal goals, for I only use a text chat for non-gaming purposes. But you probably may add password quality limitations as for not to get too many accounts attacked by machines :) I'd be eager to rather type a 20-symbol password than to confirm everything everyday. (I'm…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a google app to the browser

Add a web app like Grammarly or screencastify so people without a new enough version of windows can have easy access and desktop features

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make all Discord versions settings independent of one another.

I use Discord both at home and at work, however I often use it in what I've started to call "Work Mode", where I will turn off all image previews, and put Discord to Compact Mode, so I can chat without all those non-work images being shown.

However, the Web App's settings seem to be tied to my Stand-alone Discord's settings when I come back home from work, so we have to keep toggling these settings off when at work, and on when back home.

It would be awesome if the Androidiscord, Web App Discord and Stand-alone Discord settings were…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base