Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow changing color for @everyone

Being able to change the color for the everyone role would have positive benefits across the board (especially with server theming)

833 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Loading Lines

Hey, thanks for taking your time to come here with your amazing ideas for new Loading Lines! You can comment them here instead of making a new suggestion just for it. What you can also do is Tweet them to @discordapp.

This suggestion also functions as a Megathread to merge new Loading Line sugegstions into. When merging them, please add a comment of the suggested line as well so that it doesn't get lost.
    ~ Your friends at https://discord.gg/discord-feedback

400 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

283 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. <name> is online.

Something similar to skype where you get a notification if your friend comes online. There should also be an option to disable this for certain friends or entirely.

1,329 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cover Banners for Community Channels

Name of Idea: Cover Banners for Community Channels

Short Description: Allowing users to upload a cover image for their community channel.

General Description: A cover image for channels could add more flavor to community channels. Basically the idea is for admins to upload an image that would blend with the chat background. The image/ banner should remain in fixed position so it remains present all the time. Only elements that will scroll are the text messages.

Example 1: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713367276027914/testingimage.png?width=1006&height=566

Example 2: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/342712580000972801/342713475153526787/orbitimage.png?width=1006&height=566

410 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opion for hide all NSFW channels

In accoumt settings, there should be option called “Hide all NSFW channels from all servers”. So people who would like do not see NSFW channels can choose it.

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord Home screen

So, i was thinking to add a home screen, as you know whenever you cold start discord it automatically brings you to your friends list. I was thinking, add a nice home screen that shows the time, date your status and you recent mentions / DMS also shows you most recent servers that when you click it takes you there. Also there could be an option to change the color/ turn it off.

124 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Handwrite/Drawing Integration for Messages

A feature made popular by contemporary messengers. It would be another communication feature for users to employ much like the Emoji panel.

It would either be integrated into the message panel, much like the Emoji panel or /Gif, or displays an independent panel which basic tools for illustrating quick ideas. It responds to general input devices such as the touchpad, mouse, or capacitive touch (mobile) along with support for active styluses and graphic tablets.

General limitations would be reasonable such as size restrictions to keep the flow of chats healthy in busy servers which could be managed by server administrators…

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow muting notifications by role

Oftentimes servers will give everybody a role and then ping that role instead of pinging @.everyone, this allows them to ping everybody even though we have @.everyone and @.here supressed. Alternatively, you could implement a "block all" mode, which blocks all pings, regardless of if they're @.you directly, @.your_role, or @.everyone.

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Clone Channel Categories

Text and Voice Channels can be cloned, which makes channel setup easier (especially permissions). Channel Categories cannot currently be cloned. If users had the ablilty to clone Channel Categories it would make permission setup EVEN better than what it currently is. A given user may want the permissions for one Category to be exactly the same as another. This feature would not only be practical but also a time saver.

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dark theme for emoji chooser

It would be nice if on desktop's emoji chooser is in dark mode if your theme is dark mode too, because the light kills my eyes.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Discord themes

I think of discord as a really customizable app, so why not add custom themes for Discord?
    tip: make the light theme of discord fully white instead of only the chat and Role list being white.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatically delete welcome messages after the user leaves

So, I have a server that I made with my friend with around 200 users on it. And it tends to happen quite a lot that some people join the server and leave it after a few seconds without saying anything. So what happens is people see the welcome message, say welcome and then realize the person has already left a minute ago.
    We don't want to turn off these welcome messages completely because we want people to welcome eachother, but we also don't like these awkward situations where you essentially greet an empty door 1 minute after the doorbell…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New server moderation level - Non web browser

Allow a new verification setting that forces people to either use the phone app or the desktop app when they first join so that alts on the same system can be identified and be kicked by the client settings or such. Also there should be a side option like "Always enforce" so that you can have it check for client/phone everytime you open it or just when you join.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reduce the minimum height and width of the Discord desktop application, for more effective split screening

We should ba able to resize the Discord (desktop application) window to be very small (adjusting the zoom makes everything proportional), so that Discord can fit in just one corner of the screen. I have a 17.3" laptop, but Discord still can't fit in a corner (one quarter of the screen) of the desktop: https://redd.it/74p6cw

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change PTB's icon color

Currently PTB and Stable share the same icon color and it can get confusing once you have both open. If you change PTB's color like Canary's youll be able to identify which is which just by their color.

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More scaling options

Please add the ability to scale certain parts of the UI selectively instead of scaling the entire thing. I like decreasing my scale to 67% because it gives me more room to see channels and servers but having image and profile popups be scaled down makes it hard to read for me. Also the new Menu bar for windows (recent canary feature) looks really weird with a low scaling

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More Popularity/Money for Discord

Discord is becoming more and more popular by the second, so if Discord didn't just focus on gamers, and maybe if it focused on other people (Like for work purposes, school purposes, etc..) Yes, I know what you're thinking, people can already do this. But when your about to download Discord, it says this is for gamers. Then people are going to move on and try something else. Maybe you should say something like "For Workers, Scholars, and Gamers, and, well, pretty much everyone!" Thank you for reading this message, and have an amazing day

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. <Chrome OS Version of Discord>

<I love Discord, but my computer can't run the windows version because it's a chromebook. I have another computer to play video games, but that one runs Discord at a snails pace. I think that there should be a Chrome OS version of Discord, for people with a Chromebook. This could be implemented by putting Discord on the Chrome Web Store. You may be asking why add this in if there is the browser version. Well you unfortunately can't use system wide push to talk on the browser addition, and you can have a larger display instead of it being…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Countdowns

I think it'd be cool if you could somehow set a live countdown in Discord

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Detailed Volume Control

More control of individual Discord sounds, e.g ringing tone can be turned down lower than the "ping" sound

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base