Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Solution to 2500+ member mobile push notification limit

Currently discord disables mobile push notifications once a server reaches 2500+ members. Only mentions and tags create notifications beyond that point.

Please raise this limit to 5000+ members.

A better solution would be to add an option for a premium server that would remove this limit. Users that manage servers of this size typically wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee to preserve mobile push notifications.

211 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleted mentions

There are some "trolls" on big servers mentioning people and then deleting the mentions which can be annoying for some. It would be nice if the deleted mentions wouldn't show up as notifications anymore so the trolling could stop and clear things up.

111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto-mute notifications when playing

I was thinking about adding function, that would automatically turn on Do Not Disturb when playing games. I always forget to turn it on so in the middle of game I hear the notification sound. There could be function (like in overlay) to choose which games should put on the Do Not Disturb mode.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make @role pinging different to @user pinging

Basically, I want to receive ping notifications to me;
    but not those sent to my roles.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mute users

You know how you can mute channels yes? Perhaps a way to mute people over DMs when you need peace and quiet. Or as a subtle way to get them to shut up without directly saying it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mentions differentiation

Make something to distinguish personnal mentions from @everyone mentions.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Now Online Notification

When a friend changes status, there should be a notification telling me so, especially when they come online. Just a simple notification:

"So-And-So is now online."

This notification should be able to be enabled friend by friend, so that if someone you actually want to talk to comes online, you know.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Temporary "Do not Disturb" mode

We should have an option to set how long we want to be in 'do not disturb mode' that way we are less likely to forget to set us back to be available after things like classes/work

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to require confirmation before mentioning everyone

Users with roles that allow them to mention everyone (specifically those with Administrator permissions) should have the option to have the Discord client ask them if they are sure they want to send any message containing @everyone or @here. Having this feature be optional would allow it to be nonintrusive to those who do not have that worry, while being an effective measure for those in positions of power in larger servers to take to avoid upsetting users with accidental mentions.

The way I envision it is a simple pop-up such as the one that appears when deleting messages.

193 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Desktop Notifications

Ability to use a desktop notification that isn't the Windows 10 Notification toast, mainly because they are ugly, they are too big and it stops thing behind them from working. A notification that could be edited with CSS would be ideal as then people could have their notifications as big or as small and whatever color or shape as they want to make it more personalized.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Option to Keep Taskbar Icon Permanently Illuminated for Unread DMs

Coming from other instant messaging services like Skype and Telegram, it is infuriating how someone could ever send me a DM in Discord and I have no way of knowing it happened if I missed it initially.

While doing something in fullscreen like watching youtube for example, there's no visual indication of the incoming message and the soft sound is easily missed. I understand not wanting a message preview to pop up every time but please at least keep the taskbar icon lit up so if I was doing something fullscreened, or missed the message initially for whatever reason, I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the rare ringtone more common, or even an option to choose between it and the original one

I discovered the rare ringtone today when my friend told me I had got it. I instantly fell in love with it, it would be amazing to have it on all the time!

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New mention feature: @friends

I suggest a new mention feature: @friends. Using this would ping everyone in your friend list that share the server where you post it, as a way to mass ping aside from @everyone or @here, which would annoy others, and is often disabled on servers.

If you don't like someone pinging you with this, you could simply remove from friends list. This would also give another use to the friends list.

For content-creators etc, this could be very useful. And I believe, not very difficult to implement either. What do you think?

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mark All as Read

There would be a little button under the Friends Online that, when pressed, would make all notification bubbles discappear and mark all servers an PMs as read. Concept: https://imgur.com/a/NGFqc

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. notification

Add some new Notification options in User Settings to set the default notification settings when joining new Discord Servers automatically.

Options:
    1. Automatically Mute Server
    2. Default Server Notifications
    - All Messages
    - Only @mentions
    - Nothing
    3. Surpress @everyone and @here
    4. Mobile Push Notifications

We're pretty much taking the first few settings from a Server's notification settings and adding them to user settings.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Android Wear/Apple Watch Reply Support

When receiving a text in Android Wear, the notification pops up on your watch with a little reply button If this could be integrated into Discord, it would be perfect for when I'm busy and need to do a quick reply.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color coded notifications

Color coded notifications, currently they're all just red and if you get a notification in the task bar it only shows the same blue circle.

Instead I'm thinking that there should be different colors for each type of notification like for @everyone, direct messages and @username so you know what kind of notification you have before you check.

The task bar notification could have a regular circle if it's just one notification but if there's more than one type, divide the circle into two colors, or three or four. This would make seeing certain things easier especially if you're waiting…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Server recommended notification settings.

I am a member of a large amount of various communities. All of which have a multitude of different channels for various purposes. I'm also an admin of two communities. I would very much like to be able to create a set of "recommended notifications" set at the server level. Then when people view their notification settings for the server, join a server or the server admins change the notification servers the user should be presented with the option to inherit the servers recommended notification settings.

The idea behind this is to allow community admins to make their members lives…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. change notification sound

I think it would be nice if one could replace notification sound for a .mp3 file. Same with calling, ending the call, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. popup

For petes sake, its been years. Let me disable the popup when I enable Desktop Notifications.

I don't want sounds but I want flashing icons. But I also dont want the right side of my screen to become unclickable because of some nonsense

Let me disable this trite feature without disabling the taskbar update flash.
    If Skype can do it right so can you.
    https://i.gyazo.com/a2de08d55675549592a7bb4afd5e0684.png

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base