Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slectable Notification Sounds

Each Chat Channel should have the option if slecting their Notification sound from the phones Notifications audio files.

This would give us the ability to know the difference between Channel post without having to even look at the phone.

It would also give us the ability to shut the Notification Sound Completely while still seeing the visual Notification of every post if we so chose.

This would be beneficial to those of us who cannot have the phone Notifications sound all day but would like the ability to lift the phone and see if something has been posted on there…

152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Solution to 2500+ member mobile push notification limit

Currently discord disables mobile push notifications once a server reaches 2500+ members. Only mentions and tags create notifications beyond that point.

Please raise this limit to 5000+ members.

A better solution would be to add an option for a premium server that would remove this limit. Users that manage servers of this size typically wouldn't mind paying a reasonable fee to preserve mobile push notifications.

256 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return flashing notification in the taskbar!

Please allow my window in the taskbar to flash again!
    I'm never gonna notice a tiny red dot at the far corner of my monitor!
    This is a downgrade!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A new mention

A @online mention that will only notify users when they come online this will be different from @here as it will eventually notify everyone as users go online. This will be different from @everyone as this will not send a push notification until you are actively using discord.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to Disable Notification Sounds while playing Specific Games

I would like an option to disable notifications or notification sounds such as join/leave/disconnect sounds while playing specific games. With common internet crashes, the disconnect sound plays over and over again and causes distraction in games that take a large amount of focus.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. unique notification

I think Discord could really benefit from a user being able to set certain servers to a certain notification sound. Perhaps, for example, the files could be uploaded from the local system of the user.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pinging Only Online Users

My idea is basically a new ping, ‘@online’, that evidently notifies only the users that are currently online in a server. This wouldn’t include users who mark themselves as Invisible or Do Not Disturb, assuming they don’t want to be pinged.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. task bar blinking

Discord on PC just updated, the change log said the system tray icon would now show if I have unread messages, BUT the icon on my task bar no longer blinks when I have NEW messages and I can't find anything in the settings to fix this. Please add back this function, it's vitally important for me and how I use Discord!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better Desktop Notifications

Ability to use a desktop notification that isn't the Windows 10 Notification toast, mainly because they are ugly, they are too big and it stops thing behind them from working. A notification that could be edited with CSS would be ideal as then people could have their notifications as big or as small and whatever color or shape as they want to make it more personalized.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Server name for notifications

Have the server icon appear beside the notification

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Deleted mentions

There are some "trolls" on big servers mentioning people and then deleting the mentions which can be annoying for some. It would be nice if the deleted mentions wouldn't show up as notifications anymore so the trolling could stop and clear things up.

119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Additional soundscheme next to the original one

I have a request that I hope you guys would take into consideration. It is: Could you add more variety for the alert sounds in your app? Both on computer and cellphone. Not that it's not clear, and wouldn't do it's purpose, but for instance to me it does it's purpose a tad too well. With it's sharpness and high pitchedness it causes a tad bit too much of anxiety when I'm in overwired state and every high plip and plop just adds to an anxieted feeling. For instance I've had to change my facebook messenger sounds to a more…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make @role pinging different to @user pinging

Basically, I want to receive ping notifications to me;
    but not those sent to my roles.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recieve notifications only X minutes after you've been active in that channel.

I'm currently active on and off in 5-6 servers, all with several channels. Having notifications for all of these would be a pain, but I'd still like to be notified when I partake in discussion. My suggestion is to have an option under notification settings where it sends you notifications for a channel only if you've been active in it during the last 5-10 minutes or so.

This would mean that you only get notifications for every message if you've shown interest in the discussion at hand, and work as a filter for it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clearer unauthorized email message

The message received
    "It looks like someone tried to log into your Discord account from a new location. If this is you, follow the link below to authorize logging in from this location on your account. If this isn't you, we suggest changing your password as soon as possible."

However clicking the link does the authorization. I thought I could click the link and go to a page that would let me choose whether or not to allow it from a different location.

Instead I just authorized someone else to use my account.

I logged in and changed my password.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mention sound effect

Give Mentions their own sound effect. This would allow people playing fullscreen games to know if they need to tab out.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. @mention roles need to have definable importance the same as @here and @everyone

@here and @everyone are horrible, but when you create roles for specific members and interests to allow all users to use them, it would be ideal if some roles would behave like @everyone, such as @admin, @mod, and @emergency etc.

And other ones like @twitch @youtube or @genericGame3 would behave like @here.

being able to define the difference in behaviour for roles is a important way of tagging different groups and interests specifically.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Turning off "Enable Unread Message Badge" does not disable unread message badge

I turned off the "Enable Unread Message Badge" option because for some reason, Discord considers suggested friends to be unread messages (even though they aren't). I closed the app and reopened it and the notification went away. However, after receiving one message, the badge reappeared, including those from suggested friends. Restarting the app and confirming that the setting was turned off did not fix this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customizable Notification Words

So, Skype had a feature where you could set multiple individual words as triggers for a notification. Would it be detrimental or particularly difficult to implement this into discord, or has it simply not been in high enough demand? I can see it being incredibly helpful in servers where a person's being spoken to - likely by someone who just made the switch off of Skype or the like - and don't realize they need to @mention the person for them to get a beep.

Happy Halloween in advance!

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring back taskbar flash

Even if it's optional, I'd like taskbar flash to return. It's way too hard to notice the tiny, static notification of the red badge.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base