Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate @here and @everyone permissions

Separate @here and @everyone permissions.
    Allow us to let users use @here but NOT @everyone
    Also server wide ability to mute @here and @everyone independantly

221 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Differentiate Direct Messages from Server Notifications

I've had a problem happen a number of times that is frustrating for me. I will be playing a game when someone directly messages me through Discord, but I don't bother checking it. I hear the desktop notification sound, but it is the same sound as someone posting a message in a server, so I don't check my Discord. Thirty or more minutes pass and I (without any sort of prompt) check discord and realize a friend was direct messaging me to see if I wanted to play a game with them.

There is no way for me to tell…

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep the Rainbow feature for all @'s

So for April 1st, 2018 the April Fools feature was to make @someone highlighted in a rainbow gradient that a lot of us like and would like to keep for all @ notifications. It's a lot nicer looking and noticeable than the ugly yellow/brown color. Thanks! :)

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable Notifications in a DM

I think it'd be useful to mute receiving notifications in your direct messages, whether it be individual or a group DM, much like you can mute text-channels or an entire server.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mute Private Messages

We all know that one person (me) who types to you too much. You get hundreds of beeps per day as that person randomly types to you about things which really don't need your attention immediately. The only options you have are to mute discord (which limits you from the rest of your friends/usefulness of the platform) or to deal with the popup/sounds.

Sometimes I say something ridiculous to a person and would much rather not know when they had replied immediately. Take slow time in doing so at my leisure. I would love to be able to right click…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Friend is Online/Offline Notification

You know the Steam Friend Notification?
    EX: GabrielBR3246 is online.
    Will be cool if have, gonna be helpful.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mention Notification Icon takes you to the mention

When the little Red box appears next to a chat, it indicates that there is a mention in that chat.

I think that clicking on that red button should make you jump directly to the mention in order from oldest to newest.. for example if you have 1 notification and you click the red icon you switch to that chat and jump to the mention. If you have 3 notifications the same thing happens, you jump to that chat, and go directly to the oldest mention and the red icon decreases by one, click it again and move to the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add option to only receive notifications for direct @mentions

A lot of servers made a role that has everyone in it, essentially bypassing the server mute and @everyone mute; as this problem becomes more apparent, there should be a notification option which allows server members to only receive notifications on direct @mentions and muted servers should also not display a notification for role mentioned.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Return flashing notification in the taskbar!

Please allow my window in the taskbar to flash again!
    I'm never gonna notice a tiny red dot at the far corner of my monitor!
    This is a downgrade!

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow @someone to be disabled with admin permissions

While I see the merit of such a tool, I run a rather large server and I'm experiencing problems with users using the mention improperly. As of right now there is no way to disable the mention unlike @everyone and @here which makes this issue difficult to handle.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Answering via push notification

Opening Discord every time you just wanna answer one thing and close the app again can be pretty annoying sometimes. Being able to answer (at least DM's) via push notification just like in iMessage or Instagram Direct messages would make everything a lot easier.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. IRC-style configurable nickname highlight

Right now, it's very easy for users to talk about you without you realizing it. I'm not talking about bad-mouthing, I'm talking about something like "mofumofu has a spreadsheet on it I think". If they don't actually @ me in the message, I'll never know that someone was looking for that information.

A lot of the times, people have various names that they use for each other. Instead of being called by my name on Discord, someone might refer to me using any number of in-game names, IRC nicks, pet-names, or even my real name. However, none of these will…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Discord @ Groups

Hi Guys, I had an awesome idea for Discord. What if we had the ability to create groups for our servers in the background to our actual roles? For example, a User could join a group (Let's call the group "Overwatch") where other members could reach out to them using the tag of the group (@Overwatch in this case). Users would be able to join and leave these groups at their own convenience. This would be an amazing integration allowing us to notify large groups for games/events without bothering other users. Tell me your thoughts and make sure to vote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mention

Please make notifications for mentionable roles suppressible like @everyone and @here. *Some* servers work their way around the suppress @everyone by giving every member a mentionable role.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Channels muted by default.

There's an awesome feature that mostly goes overlooked. The ability to change the default notification style for channels. I propose to set this to @mentions only unless specifically changed per channel by the creator. The reason for this is because many server creators are completely unaware of this feature and it is extremely annoying to join a server with 20+ channels and being notified every other minute.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mute Server by Default

In the notification settings, there's an option to flip on a switch and the entire server is muted. If you're a mod on a server, you can set the default notifs to be for @mentions only. Please add an option for mods to set the default notifs as server mute. You guys have no idea (or maybe you do?) how many people leave a server just because of notifications, while not knowing that there is a mute switch. A lot of servers would benefit from something like this.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A "Friends Only" user state.

To only receive notifications about direct messages from friends and to be displayed offline to all non-friends.

As an alternative to "Do Not Disturb" and "Invisible".

https://twitter.com/RikkunBrouwers/status/986958444904280064

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto-Mute NSFW channels

A Setting to auto-mute all NSFWs channels

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Remove All' feature for notification numbers

A new option on the settings to wipe the notifications off the channel icons without having to check every message.
    Like a 'clear all notifications' or 'remove all' 'hide'

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. An additional server-mute option - muting ALL notifications including @everyone

Likely been mentioned before but I'd like to contribute.
    Two options might be worth while, @everyone and direct mentions to yourself.

Surely you can tell by the memes in circulation that @everyone can get really annoying, especially when there's a funny prankster who thinks its funny.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base