Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Goodbye Messages

The servers could maybe have goodbye messages and a way to customize them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic status change when playing a game

My idea is to automatically change status when any game is played. Several people are playing when they do not like getting notifications. But many of them forget to change their status to someone who does not receive the notifications, and in the middle of some very disputed game, they start receiving infinite notifications of someone spaming in the chat of the server, but not being able to stop the game and to disable the notifications. Something that would not happen if the discord had any option that as soon as it detects that a game is being executed, automatically…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. @ for specific chat groups

There is not @ that can be used to only notify those who have messaged that specific chat.

Say you have a server of 500 members and a text chat named #niche and you only want to notify the 10 people that have used #niche, you can’t.

@here notifies all that are online
    @everyone notifies all the members of a server

There is not @ for small niche groups in a larger server

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New Notifications Tab

This is a very basic idea, but it would serve as a very welcoming feature. This would be the new area to store server pings, as where it is currently located it is very much forgotten about (as it is located so far up in the top right with a small size). Having a new Notification Tab would make getting you "in the know" more easy.

Along with the Notification Tab storing @'s, it would also notify the user of friend request acceptions/denials, incoming blocks, kicks/bans from servers, acceptions for hypesquad and partnerships, and to conclude this all it would…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. notifications

Have a difference between @everyone and @(username#0000). Such as sound, the color of the notification (Customizable? Set @everyone as Green, and @username is Purple) That would be nice because I seriously do not care about @everyone but I have to tab out of my game because I never know the difference between the two.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Colored Text

Hey! You! Have you though about having colored text? I myself would think it would be useful for my announcements so I could emphasize my post a little more.
    There is already a format with color for example ```css <your text here> ``` but I don't think we need to add ``` to get a yellow text while having that little box around our post.
    Note: To be able to color your text, you may need Administrator or Manage Roles permissions. Also I can't say all of you may think it is not useful but others may say it is.…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow users to block webhook bot pings

The bot created from webhook right now cannot be blocked or ignored in any way by users. Considering that webhook bots have the potential to be the most abused and spam creating bots there are, this should be allowed.
    Actually any action that can be performed on a normal bot should also be able to be performed on a webhook bot. The only way to stop a webhook bot pinging you is to leave server which seems a bit excessive. Servers like this 359050572432932864 (Corbin) gives users a pingable role and a webhook bot repeatedly pings them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. notification keyword

Notifications via user defined keywords would be really helpful! Often something is said relevant to me but unless I am directly mentioned it won't notify me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back taskbar flash

Even if it's optional, I'd like taskbar flash to return. It's way too hard to notice the tiny, static notification of the red badge.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Strict Mentioning

Alright, hello!
    I'll be hooking you up with a Suggestion I think can come in handy.

I believe everyone can agree with me on this, people not being able to make the @mention stricter. Let's say I have a @Events role, and I want to mention that every time I'm hosting a event instead of doing @everyone or @here. Then I can enable that, but then EVERYONE will be able to mention the @Events role, and it can get very messy and "spammy".

Therefor I'm suggesting you add a setting that lets specified users mention role(s). For example, If I'm…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification specification

It would be great, specifically for larger servers, to be able to turn on notifications for specific people - when they post/react etc. Rather than an all or nothing setup

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Different @mention and private message sound.

I often ignore discord notifications when I'm playing something, only to later find that I was mentioned or got a private message somewhere in between the dingdongs of default notification sounds from a generic discussion. It would be quite handy to be able to differentiate between them, especially when I don't see pop-ups ingame.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Typing icons under the 'Direct Messages' Icon

As a user who actively converses with people over both server text channels and through direct messages, when I am in multiple conversations I find myself flicking back and forth between the server's text channel and the DMs to see if someone is typing in response to a message. I propose that, for a little bit of an improvement in quality of life, we see the classic three animated 'typing dots' underneath the DM icon so I can be alerted to someone typing to me in DMs without even needing to open the page for it. Bonus points for allowing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. @everyone and other @

hello there. Make pls one thing - opportunity to view not only notifications, but move to them in chat
    Thx :*

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give suggestions out from users personal settings

If many people have chosen to turn your mic strengh down you should get a notification that you maybe should check out your mic-strengh settings

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Online Member @

Allow us to do an @Online to notify all online members

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make a section where you can only get notification sounds and such from dms only

It would be nice that you could select your discord to only make sounds if you had messages from your friends in DMs as the current one does sounds for all servers you are in and you may not want that. I mean sure you could just mute all your servers but maybe you still want to see the normal notification number next to servers and still see there are messages in there but you dont want to hear the sound

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Separate self-mentions and other mentions

When we are mentionned in a post, we have a red dot on the server's icon concerned.

I propose that we distinguish self-mentions from other mentions, like role-mentions or ever everyone-mentions, which could be notified by an orange dot, and self-mentions, by a red one.

Like that, we can sort useless mentions and post which directly concern our person. (sorry for my bad english)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. See what pinged you

My idea would be that there would, for example, be a red number how often you were pinged by @everyone, and a blue number how often you were personally pinged. I think that this would really help, especially if you could disable @everyone notifications but not personal pings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blocked Users Creating Notifications

It doesn't make sense for someone you block to create notifications for the channels they post in, and also triggering the "NEW MESSAGES" line. Also, it'd be nice if you could turn off the way they appear in chat period, since they do clutter things if said blocked user is posting a lot in between other users' messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base