Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Now Online Notification

When a friend changes status, there should be a notification telling me so, especially when they come online. Just a simple notification:

"So-And-So is now online."

This notification should be able to be enabled friend by friend, so that if someone you actually want to talk to comes online, you know.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block role pings

Ability to block pings from a role assigned by server moderators/admins. This would prevent these servers from bypassing the "block @everyone and @here" option.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Status change notification for users in friends list

A facet of Skype that was useful was having a status change notification when a friend went from offline to on, or busy, etc. Being aware of people's statuses helps in prompting conversations.

To this end, I think Discord should have a notification option to enable or disable popups when a user in your friends list changes their status. As a direct message focused user, I would find this a very useful feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mark All as Read

There would be a little button under the Friends Online that, when pressed, would make all notification bubbles discappear and mark all servers an PMs as read. Concept: https://imgur.com/a/NGFqc

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Push Notifications After X Messages

Since notifications are currently either on or off, they can be pretty irritating if you're multitasking. On an intermittently active server, you might have one pop up while you're doing something, then you go check it and nothing's really going on. Or maybe something IS going on and you're busy, so you have to turn them off. You forget to turn them back on and you come back to a novel of stuff you missed.

This could be solved by pushing notifications for activity, rather than individual messages. The specifics could be server (or channel or even client) settings, but…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better Notification

So basically i would like to be able to notice important messages a little bit better, sometimes i miss direct messages from friends because they are treated just like a regular notification, One thing i liked about Skype is that it made the icon/tabs in the taskbar glow yellow whenever i got a DM so i can notice it if i was away. Also being able to edit notification sounds/visibility for @DM's ,@Mentions & @Everyone would be cool, like for @DM's and @Mentions i would like a bit more priority over @Everyone with the icon/taskbar tab glowing or whatever you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New mention feature: @friends

I suggest a new mention feature: @friends. Using this would ping everyone in your friend list that share the server where you post it, as a way to mass ping aside from @everyone or @here, which would annoy others, and is often disabled on servers.

If you don't like someone pinging you with this, you could simply remove from friends list. This would also give another use to the friends list.

For content-creators etc, this could be very useful. And I believe, not very difficult to implement either. What do you think?

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make blocked people not trigger the red dot in the tab icon

At the moment, the red dot doesn't distinguish between blocked and normal users, meaning I am repeatedly alerted to the blocked spammer's messages when I only want to see normal messages. I can't tell the difference until I click into the tab to check, which takes time and defeats the purpose.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to require confirmation before mentioning everyone

Users with roles that allow them to mention everyone (specifically those with Administrator permissions) should have the option to have the Discord client ask them if they are sure they want to send any message containing @everyone or @here. Having this feature be optional would allow it to be nonintrusive to those who do not have that worry, while being an effective measure for those in positions of power in larger servers to take to avoid upsetting users with accidental mentions.

The way I envision it is a simple pop-up such as the one that appears when deleting messages.

194 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. facebook

I just saw a banner asking me to link Discord to Facebook. I don't have Facebook, I despise Facebook. Please let me know if there is a way to make sure Discord never mentions Facebook again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ignore Friend Request, Disabling the notification.

Ignore Friend Request option, disabling the notification tag and leaving the request unanswered.
    If not then just a simple "disable friend request notifications" option

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the rare ringtone more common, or even an option to choose between it and the original one

I discovered the rare ringtone today when my friend told me I had got it. I instantly fell in love with it, it would be amazing to have it on all the time!

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Friend requests

Whenever you are in do not disturb mode, make it so we don't get notification or if anyone sends a friend request or accepts one. Because everything is muted but the friend request stuff is not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. change notification sound

I think it would be nice if one could replace notification sound for a .mp3 file. Same with calling, ending the call, etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More visible notification

Create more visible notification indicator for channels - at the moment there's a white half-circle next to the channel; how about making the channels flash with some soft colors and/or show a message-count in same ways as when receiving private messages - furthermore make the channel create a line showing how far back one has to roll to get at the latest messages

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Push notifications send when you come online

Currently push notifications only get sent if you are online at the same time as the sender. It would be a lot better if they could still be sent if you are offline but come online after the message was sent.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Friends announcement system

Hi, I was thinking about it a little time ago, I think it would be a great thing to add the possibility to write an announcement that all the friend list can see, an exemple if I'm playing Overwatch, instead of searching for a teammate 20-40 minutes, I can just write an announcement that tell all my friend that i'm looking for a teammate, like on Blizzard games.

Thats all, just an announcement system that all friends can see instantly, I think it would be a nice idea to add an option to disable this alert too.

Well no, have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. notifications

I would love to be able to further customize where I am getting notifications from. I'd love to be able to pick which groups(if any) I want to be notified from. As well as, having the option to only get notifications from @'s, as well as, direct messages from friends or even, certain channels within servers that I am a part of i.e. announcements or collaborative(projects) channels.

There is so much room for improvement in this area and having notifications on with as many servers I am a part of is pretty unrealistic right now. I literally have it turned…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. notification

Add some new Notification options in User Settings to set the default notification settings when joining new Discord Servers automatically.

Options:
    1. Automatically Mute Server
    2. Default Server Notifications
    - All Messages
    - Only @mentions
    - Nothing
    3. Surpress @everyone and @here
    4. Mobile Push Notifications

We're pretty much taking the first few settings from a Server's notification settings and adding them to user settings.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mute @everyone in certain channels

It would be wonderful if I were able to do this. I'm in various servers where people seem to spam @everyone in one channel, but I want to be notified through @everyone on another channel.

Muting certain channels just doesn't seem to stop this, and muting @everyone from the entire server would make me miss out on important messages.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base