Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Per-channel TTS settings

I turned on "for all channels" and immediately got a constant, unending stream of chatter from every single channel of every single server.

I'd like to be able to monitor select channels for activity, rather than all or none... and since "for current selected channel" just reads to me what I can glance over and see, it often does count as "none"

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when you @everyone

be a good idea when we @everyone or @here have a feature so you can @ all servers your in instead of individual one's

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remove @everyone or @here to certain members who abuse it

have the option to remove @everyone and @here to members who abuse it as it's not fair when other server members are punished for another one's behavior

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mute only notifications from someone

Add the posibility to mute only one member from one server, so you can still be notified by other members but not the one you have "muted", but you should make it that you can still hear them in voice channels or read messages but not receive notifications :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pop-up message (including permission)

Pop-Up messages would be a great addition to the pinned messages.
    People with the required permission could set up Pop-Up messages (message of the day like) that appear when entering a server/channel!
    This would be great and really helpful to announce stuff

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More notification management

Some tips I have cooked up:

1) Set 3 master notification settings, the first two being the already existing "Notifications On" and "Notifications Off" (found in PC as the desktop notification setting) and the last one being "Direct Only".
    This is because I get spammed by notifications from servers, and muting all of them one by one is a bit tedious. Also whenever I'd want notifs from them, i'd have to re-enable all of them, and considering I'm in 15 servers, yeah.

2) Only get notifications from specific people by "starring" them. Maybe you'd just want to know what certain…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Missed Messages

There should be an icon on your taskbar which says you have a message (Like Skype) so that you don't have to go on the app to see if you actually have any messages

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. event timer

you know the major groups of players (like WOW and other things) would want to do something together, but need to set the time, and some might forget. So, how about an event timer?

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to still receive mobile notifications while logged in on other endpoints

Simply put: Give us an option to enable what's said in the title.
    Currently if you're logged in anywhere it won't send a notification to your mobile device.

You've recently introduced status options. Maybe you could implement it so when the PC is locked or your status is NOT online that notifications get sent to the mobile device. This should be an option only tho since this would else defeat the purpose of the status kinda.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile: Group notifications by server

Currently, the mobile app creates a push notification for each channel that has had a new message. When active in multiple servers (or even one server with a lot of channels), it's easy to end up with tons of messages cluttering your notification bar, making it difficult to find notifications from other applications. Instead, I propose that the app create only one notification per server. The notification could say something like "New messages in #channel1, #channel2, etc." The same concept could be applied to Direct Messages as well instead of having a separate notification per person.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choosing Where Notification Sounds Come From

I have my computer set up with Speakers and Headphones, as i much prefer listening to music with speakers, but that generally means i don't have my headset on until l am in a call, so i generally miss sound notifications, can we get to choose where notification sounds come from? so i can make them come from my speakers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mute DMs without having to block the person

Sometimes a friend can be sending a lot of messages at one time, and if you don't want to or are not able to respond to them, the notifications can get quite annoying. Right now, the only solution is to block them. I still want them to be able to send me messages so I can read/respond later, but avoid the annoying notifications.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove notifications on mobile

(I only use iOS, not sure how Android app works)

As it is right now only the notification you press on to view the message/chat disappear when you go to the app and you have to manually remove all the other notifications to that chat, I'd like an option to change that.
    Depending on how detailed it can be it would be great to have the option to make all notifications from the app regarding ONE chat disappear when you press a notification from it (with or without the option to "save" notifications with @mentions for example), otherwise the option…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow muting notifications at certain times of day.

Allow muting notifications at certain times of day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Suppress Notifications for Messages With X Prefix & From Y User(s)

There are more and more bots. More and more commands. We might still want notifications for messages, but not for messages that is a command or the bot's reply to a command. A way to suppress notifications for messages with X prefix, or user(s) with Y username(s), would be great!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In addition to "Do not disturb", there should be a "No call mode"

In this mode, Discord client still shows the text notifications, but does not show the call window when someone places a voice call.

This can solve my problem of friends who like to spam the voice call feature just to get my attention.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Incomming call popup

When you are getting a call and the app isn't open but running in the background, you will here ir ring but you won't see an accept call button until you open the app.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pinging channels

How it would work is that it would ping anyone who has posted a message in that channel in the last hour.

For example, if I was posting an announcement about a recent event that perhaps has happened in the #general channel, I can use @general to ping everyone who has posted a message in the last hour to notify them of the announcement.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to globally change the Server Notification Settings

Whenever I join a new server, usually they don't change their server settings so I have to change my notifications from All Messages to Only @mentions Only before I get spammed with notifications. Maybe have Suppress @everyone and @here and Mobile Push Notifications global, too.

So if I can just set it in my Discord settings, I won't have to do this every single time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Text-to-speech repeating names

Would it be possible to have the Text-To-Speech recognise if the same person sent a message within 3 or 4 seconds of their last message that TTS would not say the name again as it gets real annoying to have it repeat over and over again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base