Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desktop popup - be able to move it

You should be able to move where the desktop popup appears on your screen, rather than only appearing in the bottom right. It interferes with some of my other applications and is a little impractical for me.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unsync muted servers between Mobile and Desktop

I only want PM notifications on Mobile, but I don't want to mute all servers because if I mute them on my phone, they'll be muted on my PC. There has to be a way to manage notifications in mobile independently of PC settings. I'm sure there are many people like me who only want to get PM notifications on their phone, but they still want to get server notifications on their Desktop.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. notification badge

In the desktop app, show the numbers of unread messages for channels, even if they are muted.
    Muting should function to fight the annoyingly repetitive new message sounds in large groups, not for when you don't want to read a channel (in which case just leave it).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Server-wide default muted setting for newly created text channels

I am in a lot of servers where I mute all chats except a few (for example #announcements). I often find that new text channels are added in form of a notification coming from them. I would like to be able to specify that new channels should be muted by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. notifications

Can PLEASE get rid of the notifications if the server admins make different groups / force notification to everyone to be able to be muted.

I have EVERYTHING turned off on my servers. ALL notifications OFF and I'm STILL receiving them since they make me a different group then @everyone its SO god damn annoying.

Also can we make it so we just hide all server notifications as soon as we join it please? Make that a setting option.

As well as make it so ALL bots can't pm you from groups without permission?

Thank you...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Individual Channel Notifications Manager

There are some VERY important channels in certain servers that I wish to be notified whenever a new message is posted. I don't want to have to mute every other channel in the server, then enable push notifications for the whole server. For cases such as this, it'd be nice to have the option of allowing one to change the notification settings individually per channel.

This could be done by a toggle on the server notifications window that lets one "Enable Individual Channel Notifications for this server"

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop notification at Do not distrub mode

When user is on "Do not distrub" mode, don't show up any mobile notification as well

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easier way to Surpress @Here and @Everyone for multiple servers

An option in the settings that automatically suppresses all @Here and @Everyone for every server would be useful. Same thing as notification settings by server, but a global option.

Better option would be the ability to mute multiple servers at the same time, rather than individually (Option in the settings where you can white list servers you don't mind getting those notifications from)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. reaction Notifications

When someone puts a reaction on your post to be notified of this, especially via the app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification afk time out

I often use my phone and computer for different things on Discord, and I have to often sign out and turn off my laptop to enable notifications on my phone due to the push notification AFK timeout. It would be nice if the time for the timeout was custom, instead of being limited to 1-10 minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Being able to see who the person was before they changed their name

Whenever someone were to change their name, we would get a notification in a server or PM if you are their friend of something sort of like this

"User Mr.Buttkickin' just changed their name to Mrs.ButtSmackin' "

This sounds small but the reason I bring this up is because I have a ton of friends ask me or others who they are when they change their name and it starts getting mixed up. This is something small but even small things can matter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mute whitelist

In the multiple public discord servers I'm apart of, I only want to get a notification when certain people talk. I know they can tag me so I get a notification, but often times I'm just wanting to see what the owner of the discord is saying when they don't tag anyone.

I want the ability to be able to mute an entire server, but also be able to add a whitelist so that I only get notifications from people I have added to the whitelist on that server, if that makes sense.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. notification

A history of all the messages you were mentioned in.
    im sure people are tired of scrolling through all the servers trying to figure out where.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notification suppression hours

Would be nice to be able to set the app to notify between the hours of x to x, don't need the phone going off in the middle of the night letting me know someone responded to some post while I'm trying to sleep...

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. popup

For petes sake, its been years. Let me disable the popup when I enable Desktop Notifications.

I don't want sounds but I want flashing icons. But I also dont want the right side of my screen to become unclickable because of some nonsense

Let me disable this trite feature without disabling the taskbar update flash.
    If Skype can do it right so can you.
    https://i.gyazo.com/a2de08d55675549592a7bb4afd5e0684.png

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A heads up notification message

the idea is easy, it should be possible on sending a limited message to the user their adding, to let them know it is you. '' Hey! its me who you chatted with on that forum. '' for example i mean, i hope that feature wil exist soon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ignore @everyone for all groups in app settings

Add a setting to ignore @everyone in Discord desktop and mobile apps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dedicate a channel to auto update social media posts (Reforming Webhooks)

I know web hooks already exist, but hear me out here. Have an option in the create text channel drop down where aside from Text Channel and Voice Channel, a third option would be valuable, Data Channel. By selecting this you would get a drop down screen almost identical to your connections menu under user settings where you would be given the ability to link a url (such as a twitter profile or youtube channel) link. That channel would be dedicated to uploading any activity from the source, for example a link of https://twitter.com/iSw1ftyyy would auto post any tweets this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cor da bola de notificação

Seria ótimo se pudesse alterar a cor da bola de notificação, antes da atualização a cor era azul e agora está vermelho, mas eu gostava do azul, mas se fosse possível colocar outras cores eu colocaria verde que é a minha cor favorita.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Joining and Leaving sounds

Currently, join and leave sounds can either be completely turned on or off. It's kind of a hassle to have to manually turn it on and off. It'd be great if it was easily accessible --> maybe even available per channel?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base