Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. online offline Benachrichtigung

Einstellbare Benachrichtigung wenn Freunde online bzw. offline gehen für Windows und Smartphone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notification sounds

It would be nice to be able to adjust the volume of the notifications themselves, instead of just disabling them. I didn't notice this was a problem until I switched to 7.1 and the notifications became ear shattering.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Birthday Notification

Other people have already suggested birthday notifications, but I was thinking, instead of Skype's constant "you have a new message" type of birthday notification, something as simple as a present emoji next to someone's name would be nice :D

117 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notifications volume

In User settings > Notifications, just put a volume bar.

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. text to speech for mentions

an option for text to speech to trigger on being mentioned

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Switch to correct chat from notifications.

When you click on notifications on either desktop or mobile, it should switch to that chat window where the notification originated from.

938 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More and better notification options, especially channel-wise

The main problem is that we cannot suppress @here and @everyone, without also suppressing @username. It would be nice if we could, if we want to, separately decide about @here, @everyone and @username. That should also be an option per-channel, not just per server.

I'm currently running into a problem where I want to suppress @here and @everyone for a channel that I am mostly not interested in, but in case someone posts something regarding me and thus tags me with @username, I want to know!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cutscene announcer

Being on Discord is all fun and games, but that moment when a cutscene starts, you seldom have time to inform the others what's going down. What I propose is a separate deafen function that sends a tiny "ding" or something to the others in the voice room, so they know you have deafened for a cutscene.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE MUTE BUTTON

PLEASE DEVS GET ME A MUTE BUTTON FOR SEPERATE PEOPLE!
    I need this... You don't know how bad I need this. People think I'm their personal therapist on this and I need them to stop bugging me and I can just check my messages later instead of blowing up my tablet or my computer when I'm asleep or busy.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. follow up

I love having the ability to block random spam notifications but still get stuff im tagged in but if I type into the spam chat I'd still like to know if someone may have replied to me.

My suggestion is what if we could have an option to receive the next 3 notifications after typing a message in case someone replies to my comment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to Change Status

This feature would be similar to Skype in that you would have the ability to switch to 'Available', 'Do Not Disturb', 'Away' and or 'Be Right Back' and like the green dot means that you're around and yellow is idled? There would be colors that represent each status. It would offer an easier means along with the @everyone to know who is actually available given it seems to always stay green for me even when I'm away from my computer.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. notifications

The ability to have notifs start blinking the icon on the taskbar (like they normally do) without having those giant notifications at the bottom right would be nice, and vice versa.

117 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. prevent blocked users from triggering new message notification

If I am in a channel where I have blocked users I will still get a Discord notification that there is new message in the channel.
    I don't want to be notified when blocked users have posted a message to chat.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notification when someone comes online

Notifications for when your friends come online instead of constantly checking discord would be nice.

There should also be an option to only get notifications for certain friends or certain servers.

It would also be nice to set up the notification to let you know when someone starts playing a game.

213 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ability to have notification alert/sound upon presence of custom/personalized "stalk words"

For some MMORPG-type games (and perhaps others), it's very useful to be notified when particular words appear. In a few cases, such as player market goods or event announcements, these are incredibly valuable. Perhaps someone is looking to buy item XYZ and you want to sell said item, or an event invitation goes out but since you can't be checking the chat room 24/7, you want to get a popup notification for pertaining keywords. The feature would act the same as a "stalk word" is called in IRC.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a kick/ban notification

Whenever you're kicked/banned from a server, give the mod/owner a box to place a reason and then whenever you're kicked/banned it'll come up in a place for notifications so you know why. It's better than having to track down a mod to figure out why you were banned/kicked

4,276 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. An area to show when/where you've been @'d.

http://puu.sh/mjNyY/3a9d7c7b36.png Picture for reference.

This space has nothing going on, and I haven't read anything about this space being saved for something in the future. It seems like a good idea to have a place where you can view times that you've been @'d.

It can display the server name, time of @, and the person who @'d.

218 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification

1. PC: Icon for taskbar showing how many unread channels you have (Skype-like)
    2. Mobile: Silent notifications. Notifications are cool, but constant SMS-like beeping when they arrive is annoying.

156 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reduce notification during spam

Everytime a user writes a message, you get a notification. Can we get the option to reduce that sound to once each x-seconds? to counter spam for example.

66 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have most recently active servers appear at top of list?

If you're like me, you have a lot of Discord servers you're in - dozens, maybe more. Because of this, if they're active, you'll constantly have those "new message" notification bubbles. The thing is, though - how do you figure out which ones are the most recently discussed?

Consider this scenario; You go to sleep. You wake up tomorrow, and all of your rooms have new messages. Some of them are active conversations, going on now - you can join them and participate.
    But some of them, were last replied to say, hours ago. No use talking in some of…

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base