Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Temporarily mute channel or server

Basically it would be nice if I could set a timer and mute a channel or server temporarily, so I don't get constantly annoyed by notifications when I am trying to focus on something.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mobile app notification push WiFi only

After a while of looking around, the feature that I would like on the mobile app doesn't seem to be there. I think it would be very beneficial to have a setting for notifications that disables push notifications over mobile data.

Currently the only option is to disable push notifications entirely (Done through the app) or to disable the app itself from using mobile data (done through Android). Neither of those options are very appealing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DM pop-up block

Make it so you can toggle the desktop notifications for DMs without disabling it for all channels too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Direct Message Notifications

Seperate Notifications for Direct Messages.

Currently you can turn off the desktop notifications for all of Discord in your settings, or you can change the settings for a specific server to your liking. But currently there is no way to adjust the notification settings for the Direct Messaging system which instead relies on the 'on/off' switch for the entire client.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. notification

Hi Discord! I'm posting together with the voice of around 600 people who most of us are sharing a problem that we've been debating on a larger discord server for almost the entire day.

Our community made the switch from Skype to Discord for about a year ago; most of the things have been very smooth and in general your program is much better. There is however one feature that both I and a lot of people feel are missing and making things for our kind of community very inactive sadly.

This is how the notification system works for discord.…

105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Connection cooldowns

I have a few certain trolls in my server, and when there's a big group of people in one voice channel, they like to annoy them by connecting to the channel, then clicking on a different one, then clicking back, etc.
    It would just be nice to have a per-channel-cooldown basis setting, so it would prevent them from connecting a custom amount of time before connecting again, but only if they rapidly connected and disconnected/reconnected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. temporarily suspend notifications automatically

I think it would be a good idea to add a smart notification feature that temporarily disables further notifications from a particular chatroom for a custom length of time, unless someone replies to one of your posts directly, because enabling notifications for a chatroom can result in your android device notifying you too frequently when users in a chatroom are talking. I know I can disable notifications, but then I'll have to be checking manually very frequently to avoid missing out on stuff. I think the auto temporary suspension of notifications is an adequate solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notifications

Basically, you can choose which servers you get the email notifications from (not just all or none which it currently is).

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move people

Warn people when they are moved to another room

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dynamically Mute Text Channels based on Usage

The idea is that I can not only mute a text channel but have it dynamically muted.

This means if I don't participate in the channel for a set period of time, the channel is automatically muted, however, it won't be hidden like other channels, new messages will simply be marked as read.

If I open the channel, it should scroll to the bottom as if there were no new messages.

When I write a message into the channel (or depending on a setting only open it) then it will be unmuted and I will receive notifications until my last…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Soft Ping

So obviously Pinging is a feature used quite often to get someone's attention, but usually you don't want to bring someone's attention away from their game/movie/reading/etc. due to it causing a sound. So I thought of the idea for a "Soft Ping", for those who still want to receive sound notifications for urgent matters in discord chats.

The ping would simply remove the sound effect, but still give a notification, such as the red box around the number of notifications from a server/chatroom. This would be a way to get someone's attention at their earliest convenience, while not deriving them…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. customize font on desktop notifications

The message notifications in the system tray are simply unreadable. The font is too small and the contrast is too low. I have to put my face within 10 inches of the system tray in order to be able to read it, and if I'm playing a game that's just not an option, so I have to wait till I can Alt-Tab to Discord to read the missed messages.
    I saw other posts about adjusting fonts but none of them was specifically about the desktop notifications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Click the Mention Notification to take you directly to the mention in the relevant channel

Notifications on Desktop could be utlised to be far more functional.

The notification that appears next to the channel you've been mentioned in, this one: http://i.imgur.com/DRQYZoR.png

Allow the number to be clicked on. When you click on it it will jump right to the mention that it is alerting you to. In the situation where you have multiple notifications, jump to the oldest one first and remove one count from the notification. Each following click would lead to the next notification in the queue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notifications for specific words or phrases

Currently, under notification settings, you can either receive all messages, mentioned messages, or none.

What I'd like to suggest is an additional option to get notifications only if your selected words or phrases are being said.

For example, if you add 'league' to the list, you'll get a notification only if someone sends a message with 'league' in its message.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a global turn off for @everyone

I would like to just be able to have it turned off automatically in my account settings for every server i join or am already in rather then have to do in individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications - Sync across clients

Add the option to also switch "sync across clients" to the notifications.

This is useful if you want to have different notifications settings on different devices. To avoid spam on your phone, but not on your PC.

For instance, I would like to receive notifications on my phone ONLY from mentions, but on my computer I would still like to keep all of them turned on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give notification if message fails to send.

Don't look at me, blame the lag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clear mentions

Sometimes there are people who mention @everyone, or just your name on every text channel on a server, which is pretty annoying to clear... mainly if a server has more than 10 channels.

I'd be nice if you could put a "clear all mentions" button beneath the server icon

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base