Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Discord notifications

Make an antispam.
    If a user sends more messages at once, you receive only one notification.
    Because no one needs to be notified 10 times from a single user in a minute.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. unread messages

I am in a lot of servers, so unread messages appear all the time, but most of them aren't even relevant to me, i wish i could turn off unread notification for channels and servers, so only see unread notifications on the servers and channels that i want to.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate @everyone and @[you]

Separate by different color : @everyone and @[your name]

When I recieve a notification, I must verifing if it's for me or for everyone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add email notification friend request

add email notification friend request

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A mode to appear offline and have no notifications

It is annoying to have to hear notifications when I'm in offline mode. If I want to mute them, I have to exit out of discord completely (sometimes, on my desktop, discord doesn't even reopen, for some reason). This would be especially useful when someone is studying. Here's what it could possibly look like: https://imgur.com/a/QjEqKTk

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Impersonal Notifications

Add another type of notification for impersonal pings (roles, here, everyone) that show up as green instead of red, and/or an option to disable them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better discoverability for new pinned messages

I am often having trouble even noticing pinned messages. Sometimes my clan will pin really helpful messages (e.g. a map for a raid or some such) but I won't notice it / be aware of it until much later.

The issue is usually that it was pinned while I was away (so I didn't see the notification) and I don't usually regularly check the pinned messages for updates.

A solution for this issue would be to add a small number to the pin icon that indicates the amount of new pinned messages that were pinned since I last checked the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mute @everyone for certain channels.

I am in many different discord groups, majority of the time I am notified of things that I don't want to be notified for for example events. I suggest that you be able to mute channels where they post @everyone but allow other channels to use @everyone. For example if in a channel named event-announcements I would want to mute that channel if they post a @everyone but if there is another channel in the same server named announcements I would want to be notified if they @everyone.

This would allow me to pay attention to certain mentions without disabling…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Birthday Notifications

The following has been said by another user:

"
    Other people have already suggested birthday notifications, but I was thinking, instead of Skype's constant "you have a new message" type of birthday notification, something as simple as a present emoji next to someone's name would be nice :D
    "

Adding to that, I believe the idea of having a notification in your Discord Server settings to enable / disable notifications to a certain chat for birthdays would be amazing. I checked and there are still many bots that don't do this yet. Maybe even have the possibility to have only…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make pings be the same color as the role you were pinged through

In my humble opinion, this should be at least an option. It would be awesome if, instead of always red, the [1] notification were the same color as the role you were pinged through. For example, I am in the staff of some servers and it would be very useful to know when am I getting pinged as myself, as a mod or as an admin, so I can know the importance of the notification and judge my priorities, specially if I don't have much time to check the pings at that moment. It would help me know if someone…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scheduled mutes: servers, channels, roles

Add an option to schedule muting and un-muting of notifications. Generally, this would apply to broadcast notifications (e.g. @everyone, @role, etc.), but could also be applied to mentions. This scheduling should be configurable globally (all your servers), per-server, and per-channel. The global scheduling would be in user settings, while server and channel scheduling would be in the settings for a server. It could also be configurable by role on a server, in addition to or instead of per-channel.

The general use case for this is people who have jobs. It's very obnoxious to come back to a bunch of @role…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Friend is Online/Offline Notification

You know the Steam Friend Notification?
    EX: GabrielBR3246 is online.
    Will be cool if have, gonna be helpful.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. mute

I think if you put yourself in desconected mode it should mute the notifications too, like in the mode "do not disturb", also the calls and everything from discord.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications

I feel like a highly needed feature is the ability to mute mentions from certain servers, channels, and members without the little red icon still showing up, because it's still basically the same as leaving it unmuted. Another idea is a major one: to make it so blocking people actually blocks them and doesn't just put a box over their messages, since you are bound to click on them anyway.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notification Tab (Finding Your Mentions in a Busy Server)

If you're in a very active discord, say a Reddit one; keeping up with notifications such as mentions can be hard when the chat is overflowing with people. When you have to scroll up through over thousands of messages to find one mention to you, it becomes tedious and a lot of things are missed!

Having an overall notification tab would be extremely helpful. It would essentially be something like the discord server it came from, who said it, and a preview of the message. Clicking the notification would allow you to expand to see the whole message or take…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. muting

Muting specific people in the DM's, I get friends who like to message multiple times in a row and hate having to go on DND or mute all notifications just to not see the pop ups/sounds from one person.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add option to only receive notifications for direct @mentions

A lot of servers made a role that has everyone in it, essentially bypassing the server mute and @everyone mute; as this problem becomes more apparent, there should be a notification option which allows server members to only receive notifications on direct @mentions and muted servers should also not display a notification for role mentioned.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a “User Only” notification option.

Currently, you can only get server notification through @mention and every message. But, I have been thinking, what if there was a more “out there” option. I came up with a nice idea for the notification system. Add in a notification option to only receive notifications on a server if certain people (or person) sends a message.
    An example of this is like..
    Let’s say you turn on user only and set it to get notifications from Chad#1234
    Every time Chad#1234 talks in the server, you get a notification.
    Does anyone else think this idea is good?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Call Timer and Logs

Allow users to view the duration of an ongoing call, and keep call history in a retrievable log.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto-Do-not-disturb when discord detect certain apps and games

Switch in games section to automaticly turn on Do not disturb when playing this game.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base