Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to click on notifications

I am sometimes away for a few hours to several days and when I come back, there's typically about three notifications in every channel. If it's a pinned message that I'm being notified of, I can easily find the message, but if it's @everyone, I'm left to scroll on and on and on and on and I don't ever find the message, unless I'm lucky. I'd prefer if I could just click on the notifications and see the posts appear on the screen or something.
    Just, make it possible to click on notifications or something, it would make things a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use different visual identifier for channels set to notify on "All Messages"

When using the setting "Notify on All Messages" please use a different visual indicator than the standard "New messages" and "Mentioned" views. Perhaps highlight said servers/channels with an alternatively colored "New Messages" dot next to servers and channels.

I'm on a lot of servers, with a few key channels/servers on always notify. Due to the large number of servers I'm on, I cannot find where the update was coming from. Often I will hear a notification sound but not be able to find where the update comes from.

Common use case: I use and run many developer Discords, often with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Directed TTS to Roles / Users / DM / Opt-in Channels (vs spamming all readers)

As is, text-to-speech (/tts) is simply not useful beyond trolling others with its novelty. I've never found any active gaming community or user who hasn't disabled it following complaints. Does anyone?!

But it has game-changing potential. Gamers are usually busy playing, and would appreciate spoken alerts ...if, and only if, those alerts where of specific interest to them or their roles.

• [any channel] @DestinyFansRole /tts Competition beginning soon.

• [any channel] @UserName#1234, @OtherUser#2345 /tts Your favorite game will begin in 5 minutes. Join us at http://my.link

• [Direct message to friend, @UserName#1234] /tts Hey buddy, LFM1 for a Raid.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ping timer

I would like to ask for the possibility of a feature of (Ping timer) where the mod or admin can enforce a timer on the channel for its pings

for example
    a channel where the pings only last an hour and they are removed from the notfication

another channel where the pings are a priority and they have infinite timer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Online notification of friends

We need a system to notify me when certain friends are online!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. enable tts when user joins discord

We need to have a setting where when a user joins a discord voice channel we are to have a customisable TTS.
    An example being when a person joins a voice channel they can customize TTS to say a certain quote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. notifications in private calls

The ability to disable notifications when somebody leaves group calls. I have friends that constantly leave our group calls, which blows up our notifications with "username" left the group.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show what servers are down currently.

Currently we're getting a notification when- and how many servers are down if they do go down. Would be nice to see a list that actually showed what servers are down, for those that are part of a ton of servers it can be difficult to know what server you're suddenly missing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notification mute for individual users

allow users to mute notifications but just for certain users (say bot that keeps telling you about the next song, i don't want to block it, but i don't want to be notified) now i know you can mute a channel specifically, but what if someone says something without mentioning you and they are not the bot, this also works for spammers, sometimes they mean dearly so you don't want to mute or block them, but you can't handle the notification spam, these settings should be per user per channel per server and per chat, maybe i want to hear…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to not see pings from a certain user instead of server that's not blocking.

In some partnered twitch/youtube servers there are trusted people who ping @everyone or @here for the streamer. Some servers allow said trusted people to do those pings for their own content.

I just want a option to not get pings from x user, but not block x user because i might chat with him and i'm only slightly annoyed with the @'ing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A new mention

A @online mention that will only notify users when they come online this will be different from @here as it will eventually notify everyone as users go online. This will be different from @everyone as this will not send a push notification until you are actively using discord.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ping players

Hey, when I get online I would love to be able to hop into a server and instead of messaging/posting in chat/calling someone to get their attention, could you add a dropdown option on their name to "ping" them? Just a short audio clip that we can differentiate between the others.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notification

I've always been very annoyed by the built in Windows 10 notifications that come from the bottom right corner. It would be nice to see Discord create their own notifications that would appear on screen. Perhaps it could even have an easy reply button?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Praise the Sun correctly Discord!

Every time someone new joins the server and the praise the sun notification pops up this thing is shown "[T]/". This is not the correct way to praise the sun and I want the discord team to update this notification.
    Also, I am aware that when you want to praise it you have to type "\\[T]/" for it to show properly. I don't think it is really necessary to change that I merely want discord to fix the notification.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop ping messages after you've read them

After someone has DMed you multiple messages, or you receive multiple notifications from a server, after you have read the messages, the notifications should stop showing up on the Desktop screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to mute @here @everyone.

Option to mute @here @everyone.
    Also the option to mute @mentions unless it is someone mentioning you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make all Server Notifications Opt-Out,

Discord should automatically make all Server Notifications Opt-Out, instead of automatically Opt-In, that way users wouldn't complain about notification spam. Then, for actual sound notifications, there should be a button on the specific channels that you want notifications for, to be toggled on, rather than toggled off, with the current mute option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make notifications for role changes

When someone has their roles changed by a moderator, they don't know until they check their roles. I say you should be notified when you have a role changed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mention sound effect

Give Mentions their own sound effect. This would allow people playing fullscreen games to know if they need to tab out.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notifications

Instead of being all or nothing, why don't you have levels of notifications?

Allow the muting of group chats within servers separately

Have an option to not get the popups, but still get the sound and flashing notifications

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base