Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different DM/Group message/Mention notification sounds

A suggestion I've had for a while, is different notification sounds for private messages, group messages, or mentions. Often when in a game I can't tell whether I got a private message or just another message from one of my servers, so I can't tell if it's something I need to respond to or look at quickly. Owning a fairly big server of my own, I hear messages happen often, but I can't tell if they're for me or not and I don't want to constantly tab out to check

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unsubscribe link on email

There is no unsubscribe link in the email you send out titled "Thanks for Checking Out Discord". Big no-no =/

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Créer un canal serveur

Ce canal donnerait les infos tel que connexions et déconnexions des membres où tout autre information concernant le serveur et son fonctionnement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. customized notifications

Can there be an option where you can mute certain conversations or choose who you can receive notifications from? I know in group conversations consisting of 3 or more people you can mute them. But as for one on one conversations that is not yet possible. Back when I was actively using skype, there was the option to mute notifications from the people in your contacts list. I'm sure we all have one or two friends who sometimes or constantly stray to topics you don't care about and you don't feel the immediate need to reply to them or want…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Only Friends can send you to invite to discord server

Hi, Discord!
    I'm on a lot of big servers but I get constantly spammed with Invites to another bad and worthless servers that I don't want to join.
    Can we settings that make you can only get invites from your friends.

It's very annoying to get advertising to their server from unknown people

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make "Suppress @everyone and @here" actually work

I have tried everything to block @everyone mentions to work, but still no luck. I am in a ton of emote servers, and I don't like looking at them, and getting the spammy @everyone mentions, so I mute the server and suppress @everyone and @here. It *sorta* works, I don't get the notification, but I still see the unread indicator beside the server. Is there any way to get rid of that?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Distinct notification setting modes

Sometimes I have Discord open while I play a console game, and sometimes I have Discord open where I'm doing nothing other than reading and commenting on a chat. The app itself has no way to know the difference between these, so I'd like to be able to prepare (at least) two distinct notification setting modes that I can toggle between.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set message 'unimportant' and not trigger notifications

Lots of times I want to add something to a channel or a conversation for later - but if I send it now it notifies everyone, and if I don't send it now, I forget to add it later.
    I wish there was a notification-mute setting on messages, so I could compose and send messages without triggering notifications for my friends.
    Basically the same effect as sending a message on a server channel they have muted (it counts but doesn't notify) but for direct messages!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Private Message Icon display in taskbar

Have the Discord icon flash to show you have received a PM text message. I can go days without noticing that I have been pm'd

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Link discord users without mentioning them

Sometimes, Someone will ask who a certain someone is, Most of the time people will @TheirName to link them to their discord account. This mentions TheirName. What about a way to "Silently" mention another user? Maybe +TheirName or #TheirName (If it doesn't collide with a channel name)

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better, advanced, automated Notifications

So if you were to @mention someone, it will have a small notification with a sound, however what I propose is a new server option type thing.
    Automated notifications you can control:
    - Choose whether it is a one time thing or if it repeats, if so every day, week, what time etc
    - Decide where on the screen it will appear, so top, bottom, maybe custom displays
    - Chose what sound it makes. Possibly custom sounds, maybe change volume based on purpose of notification.
    - Decide WHO or what ROLE it will be sent to

Because this could be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom contact notification

Being able to change any contact or group notification sound individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mention online people only

Hi, my name is Matt. I'm from Texas, a lover of gaming and an avid user of Discord. I have even brought friends to Discord, all of us leaving Skype in the past and not even using it anymore unless we don't have a choice.
    I love the app, and have enjoyed seeing how it has grown. Plus now I have the screen sharing and cam option? This is awesome!

But I should mention why I am writing this message.
    I was scrolling through the server that I run, I wanted to message a list of people of about 15-20.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. @ mention notifcations

Right now on both mobile and desktop, you can turn on and mute notifications. But as of now you receive notifications for every message sent in a server. It would help if you could filter notifications to @ mentions only

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Creative Notification Update and More!

Hey! I'm Suga, also known as "i am suga ok" also known as "ya girl d-mack in the trap"!
    I've done some thinking...and, don't get me wrong, the natural red color of Discord notifications IS a staple, but what if we were able to customize our notification colors?
    https://gyazo.com/e7ba8d56cb399c857c0d696dd5e29e23

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge color coordinator. Whenever I'm in charge of server maintenance, I always modify the role colors by gradients; one color to the next, the darker the color, the higher the role. I feel like if I'm able to have free reign in that…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. EMUI (Huawei) Notification Fix

Currently there are only icons in the status bar, it would be nice if the banner notifications would be implemented, too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. notifications

Wouldn't it be nice if we could designate some (but not all) of our friends as rare and important, so that we get a popup message in the corner of our screen when they come on?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More Direct Message notification options?

I'd like more Direct Message notification options.

Such as a popup (with "while in-game yes/no" option too), or automatically bring up the Discord DM window, like other IM programs do?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Muted Channels For Everyone

It would be nice if server owners/administrators be able to create "globally muted" text channels by default. So people won't get notified when someone send a message to those channels.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification for certain people

Allow us to have notifications for specific people when they DM you, and be able to disable notifications from specific people as well.

Kind of like a mute option for DMs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base