Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop receiving notifications for being mentioned

No matter what I do to mute a server, I will still get notifications if I am mentioned. Pls fix it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Do Not Disturb mode light up the taskbar icon, or the option for it to do so.

Similar to how Skype would have a little orange dot on the taskbar icon if you were in Do Not Disturb and received a notification

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. blue hooks

Blue hooks when the message was read. As in Whatsapp and Twitter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customize Icon Size

A feature that is on Skype; being able to, once you selected an icon to use, being able to customize the icons size. Like zooming into only a certain section of it, instead of only having the default of showing the entire picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. All sound notifications toggle

I often have to use browser Discord and I toggle off all sounds but doing so one by one each time (because of my browser's settings) is a nuisance, so I think adding a "toggle all" at the top would be a good option. Here is a crude edit to show what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/zfxtjcC.png

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clicking on toasts should open discord

When you click on toasts, the discord window does not open. For QoL can we please have this change?

For those who don't know what a toast means: toasts are the notifications that pop up from the side of your screen.

I know it doesnt take much to just click on the desktop icon and open the channel, but itd be nice to be there instantly when clicking on toasts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notifications on my nexus 5x running 8.0 doesnt work at all

I searched a lot for solutions, triple checked my settings both on pc an mobile phone and finaly nothing i just dont get notifications. pls help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mac OS System Notifications

When I get a notification from a muted server, a red dot appears on the Discord app in my dock. I have these servers muted because I don't want to be notified with their constant updates, can I not have the red dot there for a muted server?

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Individuals Choose Mention Method

Servers set how mentions go through. I would like it to be based on the users choice. I always have mine set to @mention only and its very confusing when I join a server that has all messages enabled and I start hearing pings but don't know where they are coming from!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification for Reactions

Would be nice to have the ability to receive notifications for reactions.

I've had many server members sort of wish where if someone reacts, they can receive a notification for it. It's helpful for individuals who tend to read discord periodically for new posts.

Right now, no reason to really react to things, unless it's posted recently. I haven't really come across someone who has scroll up to past postings to see who reacted to it.

Obviously the permissions would have to be fine tuned. Each user has to set their own settings, etc. Maybe the ability to set it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Feedback on manually adding channel/s to change default notification settings in server

To clarify, i noticed (Likely from an update to Discord) that the notification settings for server channels has changed to what is now called "Notification Overrides".

Instead of all channels on that server already being added so you can change the notification settings to All/Mentions/Nothing you now have to manually add whatever channel you want in order to override the default notification settings.

Here's a screenshot of this: https://i.imgur.com/Dscc0Kz.png

Please consider reverting this to the old version that had all channels automatically added in the server notification settings.

It's totally pointless/illogical having to go and manually add channels when the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notifications

I know this has been brought up MANY times before (going back several years), but those seem to be buried and I felt it might be time to bring it back to the forefront: Are we EVER going to get the option of turning off the popups without it affecting any other notifications? And by this I mean the icon still flashing and still receiving a noise, but the popup never interrupting the desktop

Pretty much it affects my workflow and makes it so that I have to go manually close the popup before I can continue doing what I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Throttle notifications.

Discord needs an option to only notify us once per chat room before we check it and notification resets, so we wouldn't have to deal with constant desktop and sound notifications.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Badge Notifications

Please allow Badge Notifications on iOS so when we have a new message, we can see how many messages we have missed on the outside of the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. See who viewed a mention/see members of a role

If someone did an @everyone or @here or @mod, it would be great to see who viewed the mention, something that would go along with that feature would be if you clicked on the @(role) for a specific role like "@mod" or "@member" and you could see who has that role by just clicking it via a drop down menu.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Differentiation between @everyone and tagging a specific user

Ever get that crushing feeling of seeing the bright red glowing box of a discord notification, and feeling special that YOU (Yes! YOU!) were @mention-ed, and then having your dreams crushed as soon as you see that it's an @everyone? I suggest that, if the ping is an @everyone, that the color of the box is different than the color of specifically tagging someone.
    For example, if you recieve an @everyone notification, the color of the notification would be blue, so you would see the number 1 inside of a blue glowing box, and if you recieve a specific @mention,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A seperate supress button for @everyone and @here

Get seperate buttons/switches in the settings for @everyone and @here because my phone is going crazy with @here notifications and it sucks that i either have to mute the channel or supress @everyone and @here so why not give them a seperate button/switch

One for @everyone
    And
    One for @here

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Menue for stop notification inside one group

You can create a dynamlic menue xhen one group has got a few sub groups: you can select one or few sub group to stop notifications: it is better than make this action one sub group by one sub group

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unread messages count

Please add the ability for the client to display how many new messages there are in the backlog As it is, its hard to tell whether there's 200 or 500 new messages in a channel, and knowing roughly how much tells me whether it would be worth it to go all the way back.

And jumping all the way back by clicking on the new messages button still doesn't tell me if there's only 70 to go through or a thousand.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hiding Channels

Make it so that we can hide channels independently from muting them. Muting serves the function of stopping unread messages from appearing for a channel and keeping it so that pings in that channel don't make noise. Hiding serves the function of keeping channels you have no interest in seeing from cluttering up your channel list.

It's unfortunate that these functions are embedded in one thing, having to mute to hide.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base