Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desktop popup - be able to move it

You should be able to move where the desktop popup appears on your screen, rather than only appearing in the bottom right. It interferes with some of my other applications and is a little impractical for me.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dedicate a channel to auto update social media posts (Reforming Webhooks)

I know web hooks already exist, but hear me out here. Have an option in the create text channel drop down where aside from Text Channel and Voice Channel, a third option would be valuable, Data Channel. By selecting this you would get a drop down screen almost identical to your connections menu under user settings where you would be given the ability to link a url (such as a twitter profile or youtube channel) link. That channel would be dedicated to uploading any activity from the source, for example a link of https://twitter.com/iSw1ftyyy would auto post any tweets this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Badge Notifications

Please allow Badge Notifications on iOS so when we have a new message, we can see how many messages we have missed on the outside of the app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tagged messages

There should be a function that shows all the messages you've been tagged in and if you click on one it scrolls you up to that message.
    Its a huge pain trying to find all the messages you were tagged in over night when you're in a server that posts about 1000 messages per channel within 8 hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. reaction Notifications

When someone puts a reaction on your post to be notified of this, especially via the app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notification setting defined by admin when creating a channel

My idea is pretty simple. Some channels, like “off-topic” are going to be pretty busy. And the admin already knows this from the beginning. Wouldn’t be nice if the admin, when creating a channel, could set up the default notifications setting valid for all the users ? currently it seems that every user has to set up his option for every channel. But as I said, some channels are going to be busy from the beginning. So it would be nice to avoid thousands of notifications from the first moment by setting up as default “only mention” when creating the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. mute whitelist

In the multiple public discord servers I'm apart of, I only want to get a notification when certain people talk. I know they can tag me so I get a notification, but often times I'm just wanting to see what the owner of the discord is saying when they don't tag anyone.

I want the ability to be able to mute an entire server, but also be able to add a whitelist so that I only get notifications from people I have added to the whitelist on that server, if that makes sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ping Talks

It would be great if you would be able to ping a specific talk, so everyone in that talk gets a notification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color Coded News Banner

I think it would be beneficial for everyone on the server to be able to see a color coded banner that remains on the top of the screen even when scrolling down to see any notifications such as events, warnings, updates or many other useful tips.
    We had an issue in our game server where we had to tag everyone, but if their notifications are turned off then they don't see it especially if more people comment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. notifications

Option to allow notifications with username for people joining a voice channel.

e.g. A new player joins our voice channel while we're playing a game. We cannot flip over to discord to check the name and the person does not identify themselves.

A popup telling us their name when they join would be useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification popup

Are you a staff in a server and always late to respond when you’re on some other window? This will fix that by letting discord popup a small message that would tag you. In Windows 10, there are its own notification popup on the bottom right. This would be similar to that.

Discord already can run in the background of windows so it’s easy to make this work.

Vote this idea :D

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Per user call sound

I want the ability to make custom call sounds per person.
    So when my girl friend calls I can make a custom call sound.
    The same for my brothers.
    Just like phones.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. notification settings

It would be good if you could see messages when you have the program running in the background like when someone goes online on steam. In that case, you don't have to Alt-Tab every time someone posts something in a server that you don't want to mute (for x reason).

Also, on a side note, i think that i have notification problems. some times, the sound doesn't play. (Would be good if we could change the melody/volume of the notification)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Quiet" Mentions and Direct Messages

Many users have their phones set to give loud, disruptive push notifications when they are mentioned or messaged in case it's something important. However, something else many users do is use a mention or message so that the mentioned user can see it when they're next available, not necessarily intending to alert them immediately. I would appreciate an option when sending a message to disable Push Notifications for that message. It would still give them a notification in Discord, so they can see it later, but it wouldn't set off their device and potentially disrupt them from something important in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom contact notification

Being able to change any contact or group's notification sound individually.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. toasts

I an visually impaired and I like to see when a group in my list of groups post something. The white dot is not clear enough for me and I imagine others like me. Please bring back the red toast that pops up each time a group posts a comment. I like to read all comments and not just ones directed at me. I hope this makes sense! Many thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Snooze Button for Notifications

Make it so that I can just disable notifications from Discord for a pre-determined amount of time (30 mins, 1 hour, 3 hours, etc.). This will make it so I can mute Discord for a short while but not have to remember to turn them back on.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Self-Pin

Have you ever seen a message that was broad with info, but you couldn't remember it? 50 words of valuable info that you need to know? Self-Pinning will pin a message to a 'Digital Notebook' so all you have to do is look back and game on!

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to tag in DND

While You are in Do not Disturb, users cant tag you. It will delete the Tag in messages you are tagged in it

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preset Channels Notification For New Members

Allow the possibility for the server manager to preset what channels in server would have notification activated for new members (really useful for spam channels). (via roles ? or for the entire server ?). Of course, the member can change it after.

I think it will be a good feature, it's always annoying to configure notifications for every channel when you enter a server.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base