Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Answering via push notification

Opening Discord every time you just wanna answer one thing and close the app again can be pretty annoying sometimes. Being able to answer (at least DM's) via push notification just like in iMessage or Instagram Direct messages would make everything a lot easier.

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize status

You can customize your status. Like, if I am on DnD (Do not distrub), i can customize if I want to get a ping or not, or I only want to hear a ping, when my status is Idle etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not disturb mode

Please make it so that activating the do not disturb mode also stops mobile notifications as well as the notifications for desktop.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Find where you got mentioned

When you get a ping from a server you're not usually active in, but others are very active in, it gets tough trying to scroll up a lot just to find why you got pinged, or when it even happened if you've been afk for a while.
    Please make it so that we can locate our ping/mention easily in any server without having to scroll up a bunch to find it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A "Friends Only" user state.

To only receive notifications about direct messages from friends and to be displayed offline to all non-friends.

As an alternative to "Do Not Disturb" and "Invisible".

https://twitter.com/RikkunBrouwers/status/986958444904280064

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Setting to disable pings towards you

A setting that you can toggle to disable or enable pinging/mentioning/tagging. Some users are annoyed by others pinging them (me!). Just like most of the settings for Discord, simply a on/off switch would work to enable or disable pinging.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Special notification overrides for people / roles

There should be a new menu in the notification settings that allows you to designate specific people and roles to either completely ignore or to receive notifications for everything they post regardless of channel. This would help if you're a part of a streamers server and you care about what they say, and what all the other streamers in the @streamer role say regardless of channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mobile notification

Mobile notifications should stack up if multiple messages have been sent within a very short time period. It can be very annoying when your friend dms you multiple times and all you hear is the notification 10 times in a row.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Group History logs

There should be an option on where the group can have a Notification History page just in case there was a message there got deleted or a previous message that came to your phone but when clicking on it the message wasn’t appearing u can know what the message was before demanding someone to send it to you. They could delete it to. This should be in the next update pl

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification Blocking for Individual Conversations

I'm sure people have had that one friend (or many) who keeps contacting them at random times when they don't really want to be contacted while still being online on Discord. There's a way to disable notifications in servers or groups but none for individual people besides blocking or unfriending them... Can you guys add this feature please? :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. wait to notify

Having an option to set certain discord groups as "Don't notify until X number of new messages have been posted". So like say you could set it to wait to give you a notification after 5, 10, 20, 50 messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. @channel function

I think an @channel tag in text channels would be really useful. Instead of having to use @everyone and ping everyone in the server for a channel they may not be involved in, @channel for just the people in the channel! Like in slack.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto-Mute NSFW channels

A Setting to auto-mute all NSFWs channels

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. TTS Notifications for User Join/Leave Channel

I just wanna know who joins or leaves voice channels without having to tab out, run an intrusive overlay, or find another monitor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mute notifications for specific role tags

When you go to notification settings for a server, instead of just showing the “All Messages”, “ Only @mentions” & “Nothing” it should show each specific role that is assigned to you on that server so you can choose which specific role you get notifications for when they are @mentioned

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choose Where Notification Banners Appear

On the PC version of Discord, notification banners appear on the bottom-right corner of the screen. This is very problematic, as this prevents people from editing recently posted messages. Meanwhile, on the Mac version of Discord, notification banners block the search bar, preventing users from searching for specific comments on a given day. I propose that there should be a feature that allows users to customize where the notifications are coming in from on their computer screen. This way, no one has to sacrifice editing or searching in order to get notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. IRC-style configurable nickname highlight

Right now, it's very easy for users to talk about you without you realizing it. I'm not talking about bad-mouthing, I'm talking about something like "mofumofu has a spreadsheet on it I think". If they don't actually @ me in the message, I'll never know that someone was looking for that information.

A lot of the times, people have various names that they use for each other. Instead of being called by my name on Discord, someone might refer to me using any number of in-game names, IRC nicks, pet-names, or even my real name. However, none of these will…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow @someone to be disabled with admin permissions

While I see the merit of such a tool, I run a rather large server and I'm experiencing problems with users using the mention improperly. As of right now there is no way to disable the mention unlike @everyone and @here which makes this issue difficult to handle.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Priority settings

Allow the user to set priority for different servers and then toggle their status to see the higher priority servers. This would be useful for people who use Discord servers for working so they can hear the notifications from their job's server, but not get distracted by others. Can also be used if you're busy, but still need to contact others in various servers

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Different colors for @role pings and @user pings

Perhaps instead of always having a red [1] icon when you receive a ping in a server, you could have it be a different color if it's pinging you as a user, or just based on your role. Forgive my spelling, english isn't my first language.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base