Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add role mention mute/disable role mentions through webhooks

By default, a role has to be toggled to be pingable. A webhook is able to get around this requirement, simply by having it supply the role ID in the form of <&roleid> in it's message body. This will ping the role regardless of whether it is pingable or not.

While I'm not sure if the above behavior is a bug in the Discord application, this can cause a large amount of annoyance, as there are various servers that are blocking a users ability to be in the server without getting the issue of @everyone pings, but instead abuse the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notification re:reminder

ok, so you get a notification but you are busy, you are not so busy, but not bored enough to just check discord, then your friend is sitting there patiently dying and you forgot about them, rip, please add the option to re notify if a notification is not check after X time, case an point, i have 3 notifications from 17 minutes ago about a friend who was in the hospital.... rip

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows 10 New Notification

Currently, when you get a message, it appears in the bottom right normally in Windows 10. However, if you're in a full screen video for example, you get a notification sound but you won't see the notification so you have to exit the video to find where that message was but you can't find it if you have numerous servers muted.

These new notification messages should be under Windows 10 New Notification button.
    I linked a screenshot of what I mean.
    https://puu.sh/z8Vs9/cf6d7e93a5.png
    https://puu.sh/z8VWD/9960b182d1.png

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mentions

When muting a channel/server, also give the option to also mute the @everyone and/or @here tags.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. that this adds something like this Esc + Shift + A = Mark All Groups and Direct Messages How to Read

that this adds something like this Esc + Shift + A = Mark All Groups and Direct Messages How to Read

all of us sometimes have a lot of groups and with a lot of groups notice, if the discord had a command that would bother all groups and direct mansions as read, it would be a very good command.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dismiss read notifications in iOS Notification Center

New Discord notifications appear in iOS Notification Center, which is good. But they never go away. After I launch the app and read messages, the notifications for all the read messages should disappear from Notification Center.

Now that notifications in Notification Center are only sorted by time, not by app, it’s impossible to dismiss all of Discord’s notifications. Swiping them one by one would take forever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Receive only one notification on your mobile.

When there are two mobile devices, if one device is active, the other device will not be notified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Implement option to mute mentions for a server

I'm in a server with other people and the admin use roles to categorize the members, but then users use the @ command for the whole group and it can become superannoying.
    You can already suppress @everyone and @here, I'd like to see this extended to every type of mention.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. push notifications settings

More settings for push notifications - all options should be toggled on and off separately:

- only when marked peoples write anything
    - toggle channels on off
    - privat messages
    - only when i or all are mentioned

At the moment it is only possible to turn on or off..or in other worda..silent or terror in bigger groups

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification cooldown

My friends and I frequently
    with short phrases
    using new lines as a separator
    and every every message in a 1-1 conversation causes a notification if you have them turned on. I don't want to turn notifications off but I also don't want to hear bloop 50 times (or worse, have my phone vibrate 50 times in a row) within the span of 3 seconds. It'd be nice if there was a (togglable / settable) cooldown that resets each time a new message comes in to prevent this from happening.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications Only When You Get @ed

I have notifications off because i'm in public servers and don't want to be barraged by notifications constantly. i want a setting where you can be notified only when somebody @'s you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. unique notification

I think Discord could really benefit from a user being able to set certain servers to a certain notification sound. Perhaps, for example, the files could be uploaded from the local system of the user.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quiet Time

Everyone likes to sleep, yeh? And quite a few folks want to be able to go about certain day-to-day routine without having to turn off their phone notifications entirely, in case something really important comes up, right?
    But not everyone can set their accounts to "do not disturb" every time for whatever reason either, and sometimes you just want a bit of quiet time without having to completely mute a bunch of servers you probably won't ever unmute again..

I think a good notification setting(for account and possibly individual servers) would be to have the ability to not receive notifications,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to Disable Notification Sounds while playing Specific Games

I would like an option to disable notifications or notification sounds such as join/leave/disconnect sounds while playing specific games. With common internet crashes, the disconnect sound plays over and over again and causes distraction in games that take a large amount of focus.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Email notification options

Email notifications should be adjustable in the app preferences section. Currently the "notifications" are purely desktop, and there is no control over the email notifications at all.

For starters, they should probably be:
    - disabled by default.
    - enable/disable them per server
    - enable/disable per channel
    - most specific applies, so you can enable all, disable server, enable channel, and get the emails from just that channel
    - global on/off as well, so the above filter will work correctly
    - adjustable to the usual all/@mention/none for each

This would enable people to a) figure out how to turn the darn…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hey, I am a full-time livestreamer and I had a pretty good idea for the team. Wouldn't it be amazing if you were able to, at the flip of a s

Hey, I am a full-time livestreamer and I had a pretty good idea for the team. Wouldn't it be amazing if you were able to, at the flip of a switch (button, tbh XD), be able to turn off your DM's without having to unfriend everyone? Could this possibly be a thing in the future? (please? so I don't look like a psychopath when I really don't want to answer DM's without feeling guilty?) xD If you remember AIM away messages, etc? Something like that. :wink:

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prevent Tagging

I manage 2 Discord servers for YouTube "celebs". They run their Discord servers to allow like-minded fans to hop in and chat with one another. The inevitable problem is that they're @-mentioned constantly because people want their attention.

Now, yes, they can disable desktop notifications. But that's not 100% ideal because their admins (such as myself) might actually have to get their attention. There doesn't really seem to be a way to prevent the rank and file from @-mentioning them.

Could the Discord gods consider adding in a new set of user-defined (not ROLE defined) settings? Something along the lines…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Desktop Notification Colours

While the red dot with either the number or white dot is nice, what if the red dot also changed to another colour when you've received a DM or have been tagged.
    That way if you're checking your task-bar from a distance you can tell easily if there's been a message on a server or if someone's trying to get your attention!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. @mention roles need to have definable importance the same as @here and @everyone

@here and @everyone are horrible, but when you create roles for specific members and interests to allow all users to use them, it would be ideal if some roles would behave like @everyone, such as @admin, @mod, and @emergency etc.

And other ones like @twitch @youtube or @genericGame3 would behave like @here.

being able to define the difference in behaviour for roles is a important way of tagging different groups and interests specifically.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Friend appears in message list after accepting their friend request

When you accept a friend request, they should appear in your message list so you can message them right away.

I ask because I use Discord as a trading platform for a popular game (Escape from Tarkov).

I post the trade on Reddit, they add me on Discord but because I get so many adds I forget who I've just added and then have to hunt through big list of friends already and usually can never find them

I think having them appear in your DMs would be super useful for someone like me and I'm sure others have the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base