Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track who joined through what invite.

Raids happen all the time. Public Discord server owners and staff team members know this. Sometimes raiders join from advertisements, and sometimes they are invited from users in the server. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see where these raiders joined from?

I would like a feature that would allow us to see what users joined on each invite, along with other sources, like the widget.

The way I imagine this to function would be that people with the permission may go into the instant invites page, then click on the invite that they wish to see who…

5,137 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

111 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we please allow administrators and server owners to select a setting that blocks accounts under [X] days age from joining?

It's well known to mid, to large sized server owners, admins and moderators that Discord cannot really do anything about a little brat who chooses to spend hours and hours of their free time creating hundreds of alt accounts under different names, constantly coming in and disrupting servers. Having suffered with this myself on multiple occasions, and having witnessed other connected servers deal with it on multiple occasions - and not really wanting to continually type up e-mails, copying and pasting dozens of user IDs, posts, server IDs only to find Discord can't do anything anyway - Can Discord consider…

345 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Timed mute

I'd like to see a feature added which allows server owns like myself to temporary ban, voice channel mute, and text-mute users.

This feature would be extremely helpful as currently all account bans, mutes, and text-mute are permanent affects which have to be manually edited which can become a huge hassle when trying to control over 3,000 other members at once.

Timed options:
    * 5 minute,
    * 10 minute,
    * 30 minute,
    * 1 hour,
    * 1 day,
    * custom timed ban.

3,376 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow server owners to prune users who have not been active in the server for the last 7/30 days rather than just overall Discord activity

When pruning members from your Discord server today, it only considers individuals who have not been active on Discord as a whole for the last 1/7/30 days. Instead, we should have the option to prune users who have not looked at/been active within your servers for the last 1/7/30 days. That way, it is more reflective of the inactive users specific to your server.

Important to note that it should be users who have not clicked or looked at your server, rather than just those who have not spoken. This requirement allows for server lurkers to still be involved with…

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ANTI-RAID TIMELINE

Ever been so frustrated that your server was raided?
    The hard work and hours you put into your server?
    just lost....
    Well would if you could reset your discord timeline(server owner only)
    A button that would allow you to go back a day or forward a day(if gone back a day) at a specific time in which resets roles, members, categories, and channels.
    To ensure that the raiders do not win.

451 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Panic button for server admins.

In the event that someone is mass-banning or deleting channels, it may be a good thing for the server owner to be able to immediately revoke all members roles or disable administrative permissions on all roles.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Password Protected Servers

It would be a great if you could set a password for people to join the server. For example, if someone clicks the instant invite link, they are prompted for a password, which the owner can give them. I think this would stop random people joining the server if the invite link gets spread.

12,739 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

455 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Merge emoji limit to a global 100 slot of either animated or static

Emoji has been limited to 50 slots for static emoji, and additional 50 slots for animated emoji. I instead suggest merging these two into a total limit of 100 slots instead, and each emoji counts towards the same limit.

The benefit of this is that the moderators themselves can choose whether to have 75 static, 25 animated or even just 100 animated emoji if they so choose. – The emoji management screen can still group them in static and animated, but the counter should be global.

If it's perfectly valid to have 50 static and 50 animated, I don't see…

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Nickname Blacklist

Now it looks like it's a new trend to change Usernames to Server Invite Links, etc. Would be cool to blacklist Nicknames with "discord.gg" for example.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Priority Speaker Improvement

With the addition of the new Priority Speaker, I think it should be able to be used in Voice Activity. That way Moderators don't have to switch to Push-to-Talk.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text Chat Rerolling

I was suggested this idea due to one of the bots in our servers’ token getting leaked, and all of our 2 year history on our discord server deleted within a flash. The people who received access to the token gave everyone permissions to do anything they wanted, and deleted all of the text channels. Because of this, I wanted to propose the idea of being able to roll back text channels. Maybe there could be a 1-2 day period where there is a way to get back the data of a text channel. There probably should be no way…

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Selecting Roles upon joining a server for the first time!

I just wanted to suggest a feature that I hope others would love aswell;
    To have an option that upon joining a server for the first time, a popup appear where you can/must choose your role(s) with a checkbox or "choose one" options.

Example with checkbox: "Welcome to this Discord server. Which games do you play? Choose from the list: Overwatch / Diablo / Counter Strike / etc..."
    So people can enter the right roles for correct @mentions and chats.

Example with "Choose one": "Welcome to this Discord server, please choose your faction: Horde / Alliance"
    So you get the…

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Admin to see multi accounts users

Hi, I don't know if this idea has already been submitted

So when you are moderating a huge server, lot of users create many acocunts so that they can troll again and again, even banned (they use vpn to create new account then coming back with regular ip)

I understand not seeing ip players is important regarding confidentiality, but it could be very useful for mods/admin having a "matching" list
    For example : Account A is related (email ? phone ? ip ?) with account B
    , then we can be more efficient to
    pull out trolls.

Thx for votes…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. hide people vote reaction

Add a setting for text channel regarding reactions, not to display the people that voted this reaction, only the number of votes a reaction has. Very helpful when it comes to secret polls. But be able to keep it visible to rest of server, this is why it has to be a setting for text channel seperately. Also have the ability to lock this vote, as another user has already proposed.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rollback the emoji maximum size

Please rollback the new emoji size limit. 256KB can barely hold a couple of frames in a gif. (and here I'm assuming you mistakenly wrote kb instead of KB since there's a big difference between the two).

It's insanely limiting and animated emotes are pretty much useless now.

950 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can we have an option for roles that says "Exempt this from Moderation Verification Settings"

Security verification level settings only apply to users who enter with no roles. Many servers have bots that autoapply roles on entry. This means that for many servers, whatever security settings they have in place have no effect.

I suggest an option for roles that says "Exempt this from Moderation Verification Settings". This means that moderators and admins can make auto-applied new person roles fall in line with server moderation settings.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy Role Permissions

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been using Discord for a large amount of time now. I have seen it's pros and cons. One of these specific cons that have come to my attention was having to create roles and manually adding permissions to each individual role. This is a HUGE waste of time. Wouldn't it just make our life a wee bit better if we were eligible to COPY and PASTE role permissions from one role to another?

I just see this as a huge complication and a waste of time. It's time to accelerate Discord!

I have many servers,…

188 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to ban users without wiping chat logs

Currently, I can kick someone and chat logs remain -- but they just join back.

Or I can ban them, but it deletes all their chat logs. In other words, ALL of the EVIDENCE for the reason they were banned is wiped!

This sort of sucks. Please allow an option (+API option for mod bots) to allow ban while KEEPING chat logs so we have actual evidence why they were banned in the first place~

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. show the message deleted in audit log

it says user# deleted x message(s) by user# in #channel, but it would have been very useful if it showed the message that was deleted. could be extremely helpful sometimes

i know there's bots for this, but then again, this is for discord itself

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Restrict ability to post emotes

The ability to restrict the ability to post emotes on specific channels or by specific roles per channel or just the roles themselves.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base