Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password Protected Servers

It would be a great if you could set a password for people to join the server. For example, if someone clicks the instant invite link, they are prompted for a password, which the owner can give them. I think this would stop random people joining the server if the invite link gets spread.

3,969 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

198 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grace Period for Deleted Channel Recovery

A channel was recently deleted accidentally by a staff member with Manage Channels permission. Because of this, we lost all chat history in the almost-a-year-old channel.

After reaching out to Discord support, I was told that this delete is a true delete, and data is unrecoverable.

Because of this, I believe there should be a grace period for recovery of deleted text channels. When a channel is deleted, it should be hidden from the channel navigation and un-interactable (like how deletion currently works.)

After this, a section called "Deleted Channels" would be available in the Server Settings. A list of…

635 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a server setting to disallow private messages to users

As a large guild owner, we fairly constantly get people who private message members in our server with "Steam gift code" or other sorts of scams.

Add an option to disallow people from direct messaging other users if their only mutual server is ours. However, friend settings will override this (as it makes sense). This will help in large servers that try to keep their users safe.

439 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

845 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Password Protected Channels

This is still an improvement that partially blocks some communities to go through discord and not TeamSpeak. Let me explain.
    Currently I own a game server, players in my community are divided by teams they create themselves and there are sometimes more than 50 different teams. We will not create a rank with permissions and a channel for the 50 teams and move their friends from an anoter team for each team everytime on discord. So using a password system I would just have to create a channel with a password choosed by the factions and they can give the…

301 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
    This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

147 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom Welcoming Messages

I would really love Custom Welcoming Messages... I even made spent 30 minutes+ in photoshop making a concept... here is the concept https://i.imgur.com/DF51lfI.png .. I really think this would be a great feature!

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add timeouts instead of only ban option

It would be nice to put somebody on a timeout instead of a full on ban because sometimes people say bad things but not bad enough for a ban. So I just want a option to give people timeouts for a customizable amount of time.

185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Nickname History

just for good flashbacks kthx.

130 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Right-Click on Messages->Report = Notify Mods/Admins (* Role) on server

Basically should be a simple way to report messages instead of having to @mention moderators in each channel that may be compromised.

So, this came about when a user spammed a bunch of channels, well, I @moderators every channel that was corrupted. So that was about 5-6 mentions. When it could just be easier to just right click on message and report them to the right roles.

And/or have some sort of Message Report log, for admins to look at. And they can then delete, edit or warn that message poster all in one interface quickly, instead of jumping to…

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Audit logs to show Pins and Unpins

Audit logs will show if someone pins a message or unpins a message such as:

"{USER} unpinned a message"

and then you can click on it to jump to that message, or:

"{USER} pinned a message"

and you can click on that also to jump to that message.

124 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Bans To Be Sorted By Most Recent

I currently moderate a Discord server with 698 bans, if someone was accidentally banned and you didn't know who it was, it would be very difficult finding out who was banned. Allowing the ban list to be sorted by most recent (and also show when they were banned) would be incredibly helpful for investigating ban evasion by creating alt accounts and can be a quick & easy way to unban someone if they happened to be accidentally banned.
    Please consider making this a thing! It would be very convenient for server moderators!

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audit log if messages are deleted

I agree with the stance it's the user's right to delete their message and have it be deleted, I think it should be logged that a message was in fact deleted, in what channel, by who, and who's message. With reasons. This would allow you to see if a mod is deleting tons of messages for no reason quietly, or if you swear you saw something suspicious and you think it got deleted, you can check that. No message content needed.

1,113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Upon leaving server feedback

Please add a prompt to give server owners feedback upon leaving a server!

I think you could give server owners good insight into why it is people are leaving their communities!

As a community owner I would love to know why my members are deciding to leave the server!
    Add premade options like
    "Too overcrowded"
    "Too inactive"
    "Not covering my interests"
    "Its boring"
    Etc.
    And of course, a "Other" and a field so they could type out their reason for leaving.

You could add a menu next to the audit log (or within it?) for staff to also be able…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Welcome screens which can be customized to each server

Like in NSFW, that when u get there first time it asks you if you're 18, y'all should add an option to add a welcoming screen to very channel. That could be used for explaining rules instead of using a bot which sends annoying DM's.
    Yours, Yair. Chief engenieer at Microsoft.

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moderator Edit Undo

As a moderator, I would like the ability to undo chat edits (Or at least view the original message).

There are some instances of getting reports of users posting rude, harassing, or racist remarks in chat, but by the time a moderator gets there to see what is going on, the messages have been edited, and we have no way of knowing if it really happened, or if the chat is just trying to troll a user / moderator.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audit 'Move Members'

Use of the 'Move Members' permission should be included in the Audit Logs.

In other words, members moved between voice channels by other members should be logged.

The permission is very useful, but it can be easily abused. Knowing who uses it could be very helpful in moderating its use.

413 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Advanced/Improved Audit Log

1. When a person gets moved to a different Voice Channel it should show the VC they were moved to, who moved them, and who was moved.

2. If a message is deleted or edited it should show the message that was deleted. If its edited it should show the previous text.

3. The filter option in the audit log should be check marks rather then a category. So you could check kicks, bans, and deleted messages. There should also be a selected time/date option so you dont see stuff from a month ago.

That's pretty much all the improvements…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move everyone from a voice channel to another voice channel

It would be nice if you be able to move everyone from a voice channel to another voice channel than moving one by one

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Downloading audit logs

To have the ability to download audit logs as a PDF or some other format for admins on servers to keep hold of important information after the 90 days are up.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base