Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Coloured Channels

Channels should be able to be coloured. This would work well with the subchannels idea, as they could have all GAMING channels in red so it would look something like:

Lobby(Yellow)
    Counter-Strike(Red)
    -Silver
    -Gold
    -DMG
    -Team 1
    -Team 2
    -Legendary Eagle
    Duck Game(Red)
    Move Or Die(Red)
    AFK(Green)

5,836 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rules splash page, accesible in server menu

Many servers have a locked channel called #rules or the like for rules; however, this is a very non-ideal solution.

It:

* Inflates channel numbers and annoys users on mobile,

* Creates problems when a coadmin needs to edit the rules - you will either constantly have to repost them or get the owner to edit them,

* Creates issues with readability on both very large and very small displays.

Not only that, but:

* Some users will simply NOT read a rules channel on a join, or they don't notice it for whatever reason.

* You may set the…

3,332 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Name History

Allow users to see a list of previous names another user used so we can recognize the person much more easily and to prevent someone trying to impersonate another user.

3,162 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Administrator permission should bypass hierarchy

Since a new patch, the old Manage Roles was changed into the Administrator permission. This allows you to bypass a lot of things but still become subject to role hierarchy. What this implies is that old roles that were around that were just by colour or for jokes are now ahead of your "administrator" role and cannot be edited or deleted.

The solution presented currently is to contact the owner of the server, but we don't all have this luxury. So I propose that the Administrator permission essentially makes you Co-owner so you're not subject to that hierarchy. If a…

1,811 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add time duration for kicks and bans

Hey buddy, you need a time-out. Talk to me when you've had some time to think about what you've done.

1,381 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1,237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Revert Server Changes

I help coordinate a community leadership guild on Discord. A worrying trend I've been seeing is our admins having their servers vandalized or destroyed. 2FA helps protect against unwanted account access but sometimes an admin or mod will go rogue and wreck things.

It would greatly help us all if owners could revert server activity/changes by certain intervals (perhaps by 5 minutes all the way to 24 hours). It is far too easy for us to lose countless hours of valuable discussion and information if an admin turns on us.

1,177 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Limit usage of the "@everyone" tag for certain roles.

Hi,

As an admin, I think it would be a very good idea to be able to limit the number of "@everyone" tags for certain roles, for example once or twice per day and so on.

This would greatly help in preventing abuse or over-usage of the said function and help paranoid admins be less worried. Thanks.

873 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. stealth mode for Admins/Mods

The Idea is simple, be able to assign a role to either an entire roll group and or specific people. So Mods and Admins in this case would be able to join a voice server Without the Mods/Admins actually showing up as being in the voice channel. It could even work well for text chats make them not pop up in the side list or something? This would allow Admins or Mods or witch ever roll to moderate a certain voice or text channel(s) without other users knowing they are there take this scenario for example.

Example: someone comes to…

853 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chat Timeout

Being able to timeout people from chat would be pretty handy, esp with twitch integration here now.

548 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Parent and Child Servers

A forum consists of parent and child nodes. The parent node is the main category and the child nodes are the sub categories within the parent.

My suggestion: Have the ability for server owners to choose a main/parent server, then link child servers to it. We can make it so only individuals with a certain permission on the parent server may access the child server.

In my case, my server is made for all kinds of games. Our largest community is for super smash bros. We ended up making a separate server to handle all of our smash players. I…

490 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Role Automation

Right now, when someone joins a channel; Discord automatically assigns the person to the everyone group (Which is a default group that cannot be changed in any way except permissions.)

What I would like to see, is the ability to create a role and auto-assign it for any new person who joins the channel. In this case let's just say I want to make a role called "Guest". I set the permissions, and the color for the role. Then, with the setting that I'm suggesting (auto-assign) It will automatically place a new person joining the channel into the "Guest" role.…

413 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make yourself hidden

Allow the owner of a server to be hidden so that they can join voice channels without anyone knowing.

402 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set a "welcome channel" to reconnet to the server there

Sometimes when you reconnect to the server it will remember the last channel where you were and you will auto-join there.
    It would be great if you could set a channel as "Welcome Channel" so everyone that reconnect to the server would join there.

370 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Invite Record

Admins should be able to see which Instant invite a member used to join the server. This would give server owners and admins a way to see which of there social media campaigns are most effective at garnering new membership, as well as give a clear indication at where problem users, bots, or other undesirables, have come from.

368 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. move message to another channel

the ability to move a message from a channel to another

312 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow putting invite code on hold (Lockdown Mode)

It'd be nice to have the ability to put an invite code (or all invite codes) on hold, to prevent raiders from joining the server for a small period.

308 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Audit log if messages are deleted

I agree with the stance it's the user's right to delete their message and have it be deleted, I think it should be logged that a message was in fact deleted, in what channel, by who, and who's message. With reasons. This would allow you to see if a mod is deleting tons of messages for no reason quietly, or if you swear you saw something suspicious and you think it got deleted, you can check that. No message content needed.

304 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Kicking/banning someone who is NOT in the Discord channel

Earlier today on Discord, I accidentally kicked someone when I was instructed to ban them due to security breach that happened outside of Discord however, I cannot find a way to ban that person as they are not in the Discord anymore.

It would be great if we could have a system where admins/moderators can ban users even if they aren't in the Discord and yes, I am aware that this could cause problems like unfair bans from some moderators/admins however, it can also be used for good as with what I explained above about security breaches out of the…

289 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Generate an invite link to add a user to a role.

When inviting members, and where I have already established that they will be a fully-fledged member of our group, I would like to be able to generate single-use links to invite them directly into a role, rather than inviting them into our server and then having to set the role manually once they join.

275 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base