Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password Protected Servers

It would be a great if you could set a password for people to join the server. For example, if someone clicks the instant invite link, they are prompted for a password, which the owner can give them. I think this would stop random people joining the server if the invite link gets spread.

5,885 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

270 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An option to freeze your server in case of a raid.

An option to freeze your server in case of a raid or emergency.
    This technically means a temporary off switch to your server (turning off any sort of activity: messages, kicking, banning, removing or adding roles... just anything except for the owner), which allows you to have time to find out who was the raider and fix the issue before it's too late.

842 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maintenance mode

Ok, so say you need to do some work to your server and you don't want users online. You enable maintenance mode in the server settings so that only admins can connect. When users click on your server a page pops up saying 'Servername is currently in Maintenance Mode. Estimated time left: ----- ' or something simular?

1,968 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a server setting to disallow private messages to users

As a large guild owner, we fairly constantly get people who private message members in our server with "Steam gift code" or other sorts of scams.

Add an option to disallow people from direct messaging other users if their only mutual server is ours. However, friend settings will override this (as it makes sense). This will help in large servers that try to keep their users safe.

803 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom Welcoming Messages

I would really love Custom Welcoming Messages... I even made spent 30 minutes+ in photoshop making a concept... here is the concept https://i.imgur.com/DF51lfI.png .. I really think this would be a great feature!

362 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right-Click on Messages->Report = Notify Mods/Admins (* Role) on server

Basically should be a simple way to report messages instead of having to @mention moderators in each channel that may be compromised.

So, this came about when a user spammed a bunch of channels, well, I @moderators every channel that was corrupted. So that was about 5-6 mentions. When it could just be easier to just right click on message and report them to the right roles.

And/or have some sort of Message Report log, for admins to look at. And they can then delete, edit or warn that message poster all in one interface quickly, instead of jumping to…

385 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nickname History

just for good flashbacks kthx.

387 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore from audit log

Simply a way to restore things (deleted roles, channels, etc) within ~24hrs of the action.

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Bans To Be Sorted By Most Recent

I currently moderate a Discord server with 698 bans, if someone was accidentally banned and you didn't know who it was, it would be very difficult finding out who was banned. Allowing the ban list to be sorted by most recent (and also show when they were banned) would be incredibly helpful for investigating ban evasion by creating alt accounts and can be a quick & easy way to unban someone if they happened to be accidentally banned.
    Please consider making this a thing! It would be very convenient for server moderators!

175 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vote kick

Hi,

We've all been in voice channels with annoying people, those trolls who play extremely loud music and just being annoying in general.

Now, I propose a vote kick system, based on the number of people in the specific voice chat channel. If 75% or at least 50% of the users agree for person X to be kicked, then you simply kick him.

This is very useful for large communities when you need to get rid of someone on the whim, without having to wait who knows how long for a moderator.

Just a thought... :)

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Maintenance mode (with photoshopped pic), locked categories.

I photoshopped an image to visualize it.
    https://imgur.com/crBTGdY

Here are some additional thoughts/notes:

What it does while in maintenance mode:

puts entire server on mute, to avoid giving any notifications of channels
    hides text & voice channel names
    unables you to send messages
    adds maintenance icon on top of server icon on left side
    displays customisable message

Extra ideas/features:

ability to add (small) staff only chat (or small 'announcement/update box) somewhere in the main window, for staff members to update right there for everyone to see
    notification button gives you a sound, green mark (instead of red with unread messages)…

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upon leaving server feedback

Please add a prompt to give server owners feedback upon leaving a server!

I think you could give server owners good insight into why it is people are leaving their communities!

As a community owner I would love to know why my members are deciding to leave the server!
    Add premade options like
    "Too overcrowded"
    "Too inactive"
    "Not covering my interests"
    "Its boring"
    Etc.
    And of course, a "Other" and a field so they could type out their reason for leaving.

You could add a menu next to the audit log (or within it?) for staff to also be able…

131 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Audit logs to show Pins and Unpins

Audit logs will show if someone pins a message or unpins a message such as:

"{USER} unpinned a message"

and then you can click on it to jump to that message, or:

"{USER} pinned a message"

and you can click on that also to jump to that message.

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Instant Invite Routing

I would love it if there was an added option for invites to be able to bring you not to the channel for which they were created, but at server settings, take you straight to a specific channel. An example would be person A creates an instant invite in #off-topic to bring person B in. Prior to that, the admin set a setting to route all instant invites to the #rules page. Person B clicks the invite and instead of being brought to the #off-topic channel, they are brought straight to the #rules channel.

This has the added bonus of…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Invite logs

In server settings > invites;

we can view the invite code together with basic information such as who created it, amount of uses remaining, and when it’s set to expire.
    However, we don't have the option to view which users joined from that invite link.
    This option would be beneficial to server owners and administrators to prevent possible raids and attacks on the server.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audit log if messages are deleted

I agree with the stance it's the user's right to delete their message and have it be deleted, I think it should be logged that a message was in fact deleted, in what channel, by who, and who's message. With reasons. This would allow you to see if a mod is deleting tons of messages for no reason quietly, or if you swear you saw something suspicious and you think it got deleted, you can check that. No message content needed.

1,361 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Advanced/Improved Audit Log

1. When a person gets moved to a different Voice Channel it should show the VC they were moved to, who moved them, and who was moved.

2. If a message is deleted or edited it should show the message that was deleted. If its edited it should show the previous text.

3. The filter option in the audit log should be check marks rather then a category. So you could check kicks, bans, and deleted messages. There should also be a selected time/date option so you dont see stuff from a month ago.

That's pretty much all the improvements…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Moderator Edit Undo

As a moderator, I would like the ability to undo chat edits (Or at least view the original message).

There are some instances of getting reports of users posting rude, harassing, or racist remarks in chat, but by the time a moderator gets there to see what is going on, the messages have been edited, and we have no way of knowing if it really happened, or if the chat is just trying to troll a user / moderator.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better Members Filter

Currently we are able to filter the server settings -> members list by roles (you see everybody in the server with a role), but why is this the only option? There are many things that can be done with this tool.

*Multi-Role Searching: Be able to select multiple roles at once in order to sort by people who have all those roles
    *Conditional-Role Searching: Be able to select multiple roles at once in order to sort by people who have either of these roles, but not necessarily both
    *Role Elimination: Select a role to NOT be included in the search…

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. User Avatar Moderation

What:
    Allow server admins to hide users avatars server wide (not just client-side).

Why:
    Servers can have many rules and a variety of restrictions. For a official verified server alone, NSFW content is generally forbidden. Moderators can clean up content and images deemed NSFW and remove image posting permissions from repeat offenders.

They cannot do this with avatars however. If a user is to join the server with an inappropriate avatar, the best the moderators can do is ask nicely to remove with no real power other than outright banning the users. There is not "inbetween" of just removing the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base