Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement new version of Opus (v1.2)

New version of Opus is out, lots of improvements, also for speech
    https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,114234/topicseen.html
    https://people.xiph.org/~jm/opus/opus-1.2/

"- Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
    - Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
    - More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
    - Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
    - Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
    - Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
    - DTX support for CELT mode
    - SILK CBR improvements
    - Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-06 (the mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
    -…

965 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. audio sharing

i would suggest ways of sharing audio like u can select ur system sound or could per say say spotify sound only or ableton and chrome and basically any program thats sending out sound signals also better support for higher end mics i would really love to be able to just click a button click a program thats open and start sharing its audio this could also work in conjunction with the screenshare so u can share system sounds as people watch and etc

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sound

I'd love to see custom Join and Leave sounds instead of the standard *ba-ding* and stuff. For example, *insert other voice program* has it say "User has joined your channel." etc. Maybe a ban and a kick voice line too, but I'd love a user join and leave.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Priority Speaker + sound notification for kick.

We NEED Priority Speaker! I have seen this idea being mentioned around 2015. Seriously is it now worth addressing it? Can we at least know if it is being reviewed or if there is a problem implementing it? Also a sound or voice even notification that someone has been kicked from the server would be a nice touch.

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have TTS use the same audio device as voice audio.

Please have TTS audio go to the same device as voice audio. Currently it uses the Windows Default audio device regardless of your preferences in the audio settings.

If a user is sending their voice audio to a different device than their game/everything else audio, it makes more sense for TTS to go to the same place as voice than it does for TTS to go to the same place as the game audio.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove audio : 0% up to 200% -> dB

My idea is : instead of be between 0% and 200% volume, increase or decrease with dB, because %isn't proportional.

And a setting to fix all users's sound to X dB, it can be good if somebody have a strong sound or a weak sound.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Voice Timer?

I fall asleep in calls, as I'm sure many other people do, so having a thing where, after a set amount of time (say... and hour) of not making any noise, Discord disconnects you from the call would be wonderful!

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A way to connect into voice chat with my electric guitar/music keyboard.

I changed Teamspeak3 to Discord and so far - no regrets! Maybe one... When I was using TS3, I was able to run client twice - one for my default microphone to talk with friends and another one for my music keyboard/electric guitar which was plugged directly into Line-In (blue) audio. The reason why I was running TS3 twice instead of doing it in another tab in same client was that whenever i talked audio from guitar/keyboard didn't go through teamspeak and viceversa whenver I played the instrument I couldn't talk. Running program twice would fix that problem.

I want…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mic Monitoring

Being able to turn-on a setting that would turn on Mic Monitoring or Side-tone. I really want to be able to hear myself so that way I'm not yelling on accident.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio Messages

add the ability to send audio messages to text channels, like whatsapp, a button with a microphone ;)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3D Sound

Like Teamspeak 3, the 3D Sound would be a function that can "move" people in the space.
    So, if you put someone near you, you'll hear him higher, viceversa for far.
    You can also put them right or left, so you'll hear them more on right earphone or left.
    It would be super useful for making someone's voice higher on the left earphone, and making someone's voice louder on the right earphone.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Push to talk indication sound please remove

Please remove the PTT indication sound. This is extremely annoying the beep boop beep boop when trying to record a video or live stream and the others in my voice chat are using PTT. THANKS!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. voice delay

Voice activation is in dire need of a simple feature that is keeping a lot of Teamspeak users etc from making the switch. In other VOIPs under voice activation there is a setting for "delay after activation" THIS IS SO ESSENTIAL. Right now, Discord cuts off as soon as you stop talking. This is ok for gaming but for those of us that use it for communication in other areas (ie like VTT Tabletop RPGs, general convo) when we pause while talking even for a brief mili second it cuts us off. This then comes across like the person is…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make a voice message,

If someone is curently offline, and i want to send him some voice message or some sound. Making a voice message would be great

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Button for decreasing your output sound

Lets say you're in voice chat with your friends and your sharing Youtube videos or watching Twitch streams together. Now the problem is your trying to hear the video/stream but can't hear anything because your mates are talking.

At the moment you have two options.
    1. Mute everyone
    2. Go to options and decrease your output level

Solution:
    Create one more button to decrease your output volume by 50% or user defined amount from the original if the button is activated.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microphone recalibration button

Hey guys

Got the problem that my microphone/plug is very loud when connecting or turning on/off and that destroys my calibration (automatic microphone activation when talking, that grey/green bar in audio options). I have to reset my whole audio settings to recalibrate.

A button next to the bar to reset the calibration of the microphone would be very nice^^

Thanks in advance :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sound Effects

I think, we should have the abilty to edit Discord's sound effects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop using mic when not in voice channel FFS

As some Discord staff just closed this: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/15773011-stop-using-mic-when-not-in-voice-channel

I will reopen.

Dabbit Prime in that thread claims that: "red dot only means that you've given the page permission to use your microphone. It does NOT mean that it is using your microphone at that exact moment in time."

which is plain NOT true.

Discord people, just test this yourself. I can reload Discord with microphone muted and Firefox and Chrome won't inidicate that the microphone is in use, although Discord has the permission to use the microphone. IF it shows the microphone indicator, the microphone is ACTIVELY USED. It has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. EQ - High Pass Filter - To Reduce "Low Frequency/Breathing/Bass" on Discorders

Sometimes you have friends using Headset - which their mouth is very close to the mic - or not even a headset - but when he is breathing / or speaking the Bass/Low Frequency gives a loud booming on your speaker/headset which is quite annoying.

I would suggest - to add an options on each people connected to the voice channel - an option to set/check "High Pass Filter" option to reduce the bass/frequency.

Instead of telling your friends getting a new microphone - this option makes everyone to at least save their money.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. custom call sounds

i would like to be able to have a different sound whenever i get called so instead of the normal one you could enter a sound file for being called like maybe your favorite song or some meme.
    (sorry if my english is a bit on the wrong spelling)

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base