Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. iTunes as well as Spotify

I love the spotify idea, but it would be good if you could add iTunes and other alternatives to connect to Discord.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video Embed Volume Slider

The new embedded videos are awesome but we really need a volume slider.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Spotify Request

The integration of Spotify is amazing, but I would love for users to be able to request a song to play next, and for everyone listening to make a queue. Though the users can ask the host to add, it would be cool to see a queue.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Channel Moderation (Leader of raid for example)

many pople want a function.
    at first sorry for my bad English...

We want a function in Channels that one Person is mark as leader and have the Permission when the leader speaks that all other members in that channel are muted while the leader is speaking.

that is missing and ist very important for my comunity while we playing some games for example ETS2 and want to make a big konvoi. that the announce of the leader are hearing for all in that voice channel.

Sorry for my bad english i am from germany ^^ hope that that is…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Raw audio support

I would like to request, that since we have Spotify, Soundcloud, and YouTube support, why not have support for just audio files? Many people don't trust just a raw file, but we should still be able to listen to them without downloading them.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Equalizer, compressor and gate you can optionally apply for any friend in the chat.

The app needs an equalizer and adjustable dynamic processing (compressor + gate) that users can apply for anyone in the chat. I saw many suggestions for an equalizer or a noise gate etc but I think it'd be best to have all of these. These are so basic functions that efficiently programmed, the CPU hit would be very low, probably negligible even for lower-end modern CPUs.

While playing it's a bit hard on the ears when one friend has a boomy mic and a boomy room while another one has a mic very heavy on the treble side with gratingly…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. spotify

New Spotify feature should allow the host to allocate another host! In small listening session's it's easy to stop and join up the next person, but in larger groups it becomes confusing!

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Text to speech and formattng

Change text-to-speech so it does not read out text formatting. For instance if I put Here is some ~~ text~~ it will read "Here is some tilde tilde text tilde tilde." and that seems very sloppy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. listen along for phones?

Spotify "Listen Along" for the app version... Basically thats it... just do it... really... just do it

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. volume

Playing video files (such as webms) directly in Discord is fantastic, however, a volume slider (if it's not already in the works) would be a much welcomed addition.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spotify joining/leaving sounds

It would be good if i notice with joining and leaving sound in the new Spotify share system that someone joined while I'm gaming.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Surround Sound

Voice surround sound.

Need an explanation? Okay.

Surround sound for the people in a voice room. Like Dolby Axon, there would be a sort of room where you could position your character and the direction of your voice so that it would sound as if you were in a room (If you were positioned to the right of someone it would sound like your voice was coming from their right). The room could be a sort of miniature window that popped up when you clicked a button on the screen (maybe next to the mute/deafen buttons) and also would be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. noise suppression for spotify

Now that discord has a spotify integration would it be possible to add noise suppression for spotify? Like when I have a music bot in my server nobody hears the echo of the bot from my speakers. It should be the same with spotify.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stereo

Would be cool if stereo output could work for normal users and not only for bots

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Server-Wide Muted/Deafened Sound

We already have sounds for when we mute or deafen ourselves. But I would like to have sounds for when you get muted/deafened by a Mod/Admin. Because when they mute you you often don't notice it and then you talk the whole time or you think that everyone is away.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changeable Mic Clicks

I would like to see the ability to change the mic clicks sound like in teamspeak, sounds could come in the forms of plugins or just the ability to change them, as this would help emergency services roleplay groups have more realism.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Streamer Mode: Line-Level Virtual Audio Cable

An optional second output, a virtual audio device in streamer mode that combines both myself and the others in the voice channel to a single virtual audio line that can output directly to streaming or recording software as a line-level virtual device. Ideally this wouldn't affect the regular input/output already used within discord, it would be added as a secondary output.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mute Remotely instead of Locally.

Our discord has a music bot which is a lot of fun to have around when a bunch of us are hanging out gaming together. One issue is that people on mobile connections can't join our voice chat channels with a music bot playing because it eats up too much data out of their plan.

It would be really great if when a user is muted, they are muted remotely for that user so their data isn't event sent to the local user for mixing into the audio stream.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CHANGE NOTIFICATION SOUND ON SERVERS

Dear Discord Team,
    A cool idea would be, if people were able to change the default notification sounds on their own discord account and the admins of a discord server, olnly on their own server. The default are not bad, but it would be good if you would be able to change it very simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base