Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Play a Sound like in teamspeak when you get moved

And make sounds more costumizeable. It would be nice to upload my own sounds, for "user join" and other things.

3,602 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add lost connection sound!

Like TeamSpeak. Show us if the user has voluntarily disconnected.

2,544 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for creation of temporary sub-channels.

Allow the designation of a single channel as a "category" and have the possibility for users to create temporary channels in that category.

This was the most popular feature we had in Mumble and allowed anyone to quickly form up a game group and jump right in without any hassle.

Definitely beats the generic Game Room #1, #2....etc.

1,775 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recording conversation

Basically I would like to ask you to implement an recording option in Discord. So that I can record the conversation in a specific channel. So my reason for asking you this is... One night in my clan discord server a couple of my friends and I were talking and just randomly started a rollplay game... It was an EPIC game and we cant prove it to the world because we couldn't record it ;( So please Discord team if you could, I and the other people who use your nice program would really like the have this option :D …

772 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Play customizable sounds when user join

My suggestion:
    Player can upload (similar like a profile picture) a sound file, which is limited to a max. size and length (e.g. 5 sec) which is played when he or she joins a channel. This would open every user the opportunity to give his discord experience a personal touch.

To avoid abusing this feature or spamming, other users should be able to disable this feature in general or mute specific players. Also the playback of the sound could be limited to once every minute in the same channel.

647 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Play a sound when moved to afk channel

Too often do I get moved to an afk channel while watching a video, only to notice after 10 minutes of talking to myself.
    A simple sound indication that you were moved would be nice.

506 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Positional Audio Support

I currently only know of Mumble which supports this feature. Here's some information on it: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Positional-Audio

TL;DR: Positional audio works by sending the location of your game character to other players and vice-versa, either through a plugin or native support by the Discord app. This allows placing the sound sources of other players in 3D space, simulating the direction and volume other players are in relation to you.
    This only works reliably with headphones (and can be enhanced by using certain types of headphones and picking a HRTF profile that works best for you).

Features I'd like to see:
    -…

358 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Microphone mute warning

If you speak when your microphone is muted, a sound should play to warn you. This is my favourite feature in TS3 and I would love to see it in discord.

I have asthma so I cough a lot which means I mute my microphone often so my friends don't have to hear me. Because I toggle mute so often, sometimes I leave it muted by accident and it can take me a long time to realise so I end up speaking for extended periods while muted.

Playing a beep every few seconds when I talk with a muted mic…

344 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adjust volume on notification sounds

I'd like a slider behind each of the notification sounds to adjust the volume of that sound and/or a general slider to adjust the volume of all of those. I feel like they are a bit too loud.

225 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An ability to apply Pandora or Spotify to a Voice Channel

While there are bots to help apply a DJ to your channel, they require people to leave their computers on all day to keep them working. There needs to be a way to apply a Spotify playlist or a Pandora Radio Station to a voice channel without risk of overheating your computer.

218 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Discord Channel Linking

Discord channel linking would allow a Admin (or someone with the appropriate permissions) to be able to listen to another Discord voice channel without entering the channel itself. It would be similar to the Mumble "Linked Channel" feature.

197 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding Music

A cool idea is to be able to have "DJ Permissions" on playing music for the channel. For example, I want to play EDM, so I grab songs from the youtube url and play them through the program. People can still mute the music but this would make the application more explorable. I think that the focus is gaming but if we allowed DJ channels or just music channels on here for players to do while playing solo is great. I can go to some guy hosting a alternative rock and listen to the music. This would help the cpu…

152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop the TTS reading out formatting

Currently, the TTS reads out the symbols used to format text instead of just reading out the text being wrapped, resulting in messages (left) being read out like:
    **bold text** -> "asterisk asterisk bold text asterisk asterisk"
    ```code``` -> "grave accent grave accent grave accent code grave accent grave accent grave accent"

Before feeding a message's content to the TTS, the client should remove symbols used for formatting from the message, then have it say it.

117 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom sound

It would be nice if there is a way to customize the "mute, unmute, deafen ,undefen" and so on.

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add audio device selection to notification sounds

I would like to see the option to specify what device to output PTT, channel join/leave, server connect/disconnect etc sounds to. Previously they would be output to the selected output device yet somewhere along the way it changed and now outputs via the default audio device. This is especially annoying as I normally segregate all voip audio to my usb headset and all other audio to the default sound device/speakers. As is notification sounds are ridiculously overpowered and output at about 200% the normal sound volume on the wrong device.

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. echo cancellation

The echo cancellation is terribad. I have done extensive testing and configurations to make this app work well as a skype replacement. It just is about 90% perfect. But dang, the echo is so so so bad. Skype has very little issues if ever. I have tried my mics echo cancellation plus discord, and one of each one, nothing works well enough. I do make sure that the bit/hertz are the same for in and out. So I went out to find a separate program to use, solicall is what I found. The echo is COMPLETELY gonewhen set to the…

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When users log onto channels text to voice their usernames as a sound option.

Similar to how text chat can be set to be read back to you make it where when some one joins channel it says "username has joined the channel" and "username has left the channel". That way when u are in a full screen game you know who has joined without alt tabing out.

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio settings (extended)

Well, i got the app and found.. Nothing.
    Where are my audio settings for a semi-professional user?
    I cant do anything besides selecting a microphone, apply gain and use voice detection or push to talk.

Cant even test the microphone inside the app.

So what i need so far:
    Stereo/Mono switch for proffesional microphones.
    Codec selection inc. quality presets or customizeable options.
    Compressor, Limiter at LEAST to improve the sound further, despite having a great condenser mic.
    Noise gate for unlucky owners of crappy microphones.
    Realtime, low latency (!) monitoring.
    Advanced audio routing.
    Driver options, including ASIO, Wasapi etc.
    And…

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom Discord Sounds

Custom Discord Sounds

Add the ability to add custom sounds like stupid john cena join sounds or radio transmations when you call someone or person saying welcome when you join the server.

Pretty much soundpacks from TS, but with cool dank memes sounds i can use laying on my desktop

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Higher sound quality

I see huge potential in Discord, but the audio quality is still the most important. If the audio would be on par with teamspeak I would switch over immediately!

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base