Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voice Hierarchy between channels

A Voice Hierarchy between channels that allows a specific channel to communicate with another channel at their discretion, or specifically one person in a secondary channel, to keep communication clean between parties of a major size.

My example would be with the 50v50 mode in Fortnite.
    Say a General(team leader) could talk to Major Generals(Leader of a team of four) and said M.J's could have a separate hotkey to reply to the General. Each team of four would have their own channel to be in so it's not 50 people in one channel but 1-2 people communicating to the 12…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voice chat join/leave sound notification customisation

I think there should be an option to choose our own sound for voice chat join/leave.
    The sound could be serer wide or voice chat specific.
    And if you want to have default sound on your side you could disable it on your side

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Play sound

Discord nitro users should be able to set up a custom sound whenever they join a voice channel, instead of the normal two-tone beep sound. Maybe a maximum of 2-5 seconds of audio can be played when they join, and have a cooldown of some sort so it cant be spammed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mute and deaf if OS is locked

Imagine you have to go away for a second because you have to go to the toilet. I personally would lock my PC so my siblings cannot acces it. But they can still talk and hear everything my friends say. I want Discord to deaf me when my PC is locked.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WebM global volume setting

It's great that discord now has a volume slider for webms, however, every time you open a webm, the volume is set to 100%. This means I have to open the webm, and very quickly set it to like 1-2% so I'm only exposed to Krakatoa levels of decibels for a second before I can use my ears and my brain again. There's no workout for this currently except to lower the global volume for discord, which I don't really want to do.

Many websites like Youtube save your volume setting. When you set the volume to 30%, the next…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically increase the volume of quiet users and reduce the loud ones

It would be cool to set your priority volume level in personal settings, which will be applied automatically for all users.
    For example, the same user speaks loudly during the day, but at night tries to talk more quietly. Because of this, during the day it can be too loud, but at night it is almost not audible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. share sound

Share System Sound. Not just the window but the whole computer. It's gonna be a bit annoying when we try to use FL when FL uses multiple windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Voice Channel Sound Activity Logs

As of right now, the only indicator for knowing who has said something in the voice channel is to be present while they speak, with their avatar receiving a border while they do so. This can be problematic when it comes to moderation of more active voice channels, as it takes uncertain ninja tricks to pinpoint who said something if it was quick and either theme-wise inappropriate or purposefully extremely loud.

As such, I recommend an implementation of sound activity logs, which would essentially be logs of useful data; such as the reverse chronological list of users based on the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Discord volume to be increased beyond what's currently possible.

Many gamers need to adjust the volume of their games to account for the low volume of Discord's voice chat.
    This requires certain games to have different system volume levels, making it difficult to adjust them all together or switch between them.
    If gamers could adjust discord's output volume to be louder than currently possible, game volume adjustment wouldn't be necessary.
    This would also allow all volume levels to be adjusted easily through system master volume control.

Original text https://lemonkaju.net/doc/2018/sound/

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Possible to Play an Audio Notification when someone joins or leaves channel

Any Possibility of being able to change the Audio Notification when someone joins or leaves a channel? By Default it just plays a simple dadu sound that gives you no info on who just joined/left. Would like to hear the user's username played ie. "Ice has joined the channel" or "Ice joined"

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add playing status for other streamming services like deezer tidal pandoa and other services maybye even youtube support.

Add playing status for other streamming services like deezer tidal pandoa and other services maybye even youtube support it whould be cool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stereo call audio for those with auditory issues/ADHD?

Hello, I wondering if implementing a stereo audio option into calls would be a good accessibility feature.

I have auditory issues and have an unusually hard time processing words from intercoms, radios, or music. As you can imagine, calls with more than a few people in them tend to give me a hard time. I wind up lagging behind trying to tell who is speaking, or even what they are saying if there's any additional noise. Because all the audio is monotone, my brain has to dissect everything as if it was a jumbled up pile of sound.

Something that…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Talk in all voice chats

Add an option, for servers voice chats, to allow you to speak in ALL channels when you go in a voice channel, but you only hear the channel you are on.
    (I'm playing a MMORPG, but 300 players in the same discord channel... It's very hard. With this option, I can make groups, and everyone go in a different channel, to speak with thier friends, but when I have an information to tell to everybody, I push something, and I can talk like everyone is in my channel, but I don't hear them)

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Call Sound and Distortion

Something I think would be cool is to be able to change the call sound to whatever mp4 file you want. Something else that would be cool is to be able to - if you have Nitro - distort the voice of anyone you’re calling woth a little pop-up menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Volume control defaults for videos sent on servers

So everyone knows the problem where you click a video and get deafened by it because discord doesn't set a default volume.

So I'm proposing we can set a default or it just remembers what we set the previous ones to as it's actually quite scary if someone sends a loud video and it plays at 100%

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. secret ringtone

put the rare ringtone in the voice and video settings pls! discord i am looking forward for you'r respone!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Input Sensitivity preset

I think it would be very practical to be able to create input sensitivity preset that we can switch fast.

With that, we could set a "Night profile" (when we have to whisper or speak quietly) and a "day profile", or other ones, instead of switching sensitivity manually.

With that, a hotkey to set to switch fast would be insane :)

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio Cue when switching between Voice Activity and Push-to-talk via Keybind

Given that we have a keybind to toggle between Voice Activity and Push-to-talk, there should be an included audio cue to let you know that you've changed your audio mode.

Preferably, switching from VA to PTT would have a cue distinct from going PTT to VA, so that you can know which mode you're switching into

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Choose microphone input. (I.E. phone or earbud microphone)

I think it would be a useful feature to have a toggle switch to select between using the microphone on the phone or the microphone on the earbuds.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microphone Mute Reminder

We've all had that moment where we've been telling jokes, really good ones, too - but after a couple of dozens of minutes, you realise you've been sitting at a one way window talking to yourself - because you hit that dreadful mute button.

I propose, to you.. *drumroll please*

Mute Reminders. What are mute reminders, well, to be honest, I'm not quite sure - but here's how it COULD work.

It could either remind the user if they've been in a channel for 15 minutes (as an example) but have had their microphone muted for that length, Discord can…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base