Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Higher quality audio

Need higher quality Stereo audio, like Teamspeak "Opus Music" variant of the Opus codec. I bought a $300 mic setup to use with Teamspeak, as it supports surround/stereo microphone audio, but over the years, everyone moved to Discord, which is far far inferior in audio quality. Even the cheaper Blue Yeti's sound awful while they sound stellar on Teamspeak. Would be fine with the option to pay for higher quality audio through Nitro somehow, where if an admin has Nitro, they can enable high quality audio on a server maybe. It was also hard to distinguish music quality from playing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. voice monitoring

I'd kill for some voice monitoring options within discord. Having the option to be able to hear your voice back through your headphones while you're chatting would be valuable, especially in case like mine where someone is using noise canceling headphones. Maybe this could be implemented natively or adding option for VST audio plugins would be huge. Maybe have a little virtual sound mixer? That'd be really useful and possibly a ton of fun.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nitro subscribers should be able to change their ringtone.

Nitro subscribers should be able to change their ringtone by importing an mp3 file.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. System audio

Audio sharing for sharing “your entire screen” instead of selecting a window.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Choose individual group/friend notification SFX sounds and/or pitch

Having the option to choose different sounds or alter pitch for the notification sfx for each group and individual ping (& alternate one for @everyone)
    The sounds could be supplied by Discord and also have an option to use your own sounds from you PC/phone (probably not work on alternate devices though, something to consider anyway)

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. support MIDI files with the built in audio player

as much as i love the new built in audio player feature, it saddens me that it does not support MIDI files

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Specify speakers for selected audio output

Why?: I'm using a headset which supports virtual 7.1 Surround Sound. Sounds good in-game but terrible when your mates talk to you (Windows app). It just sounds so 'echo-y' while the sound is coming from all (virtual) speakers.

So it would be great if I could tell Discord which speakers I would like to use, instead of having it automatically use all of the speakers of my selected audio output. (e.g. in my case: using stereo sound for Discord whilst using surround sound for games.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Opus Music Support - STAT

I'm doing this again because all of the ideas and comments for Opus Music have been buried and ignored.

Do you know how awful OPUS Voice sounds when you're playing music? It's cutting off everything below about 70hz. Even at 96Kbps. This NEEDS to be remedied. There's absolutely NO reason for OPUS Music to be missing.

One of the things I like to do for my communities is provide them with new music for them to listen to. But they can't even hear it properly.

Once again. There is no excuse for the absence of Opus Music. If you have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Individual soundtrack for broadcast apps

Individual soundtrack for broadcast apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Messege sound

Each time I get a messeged, my ears starts to bleed. Any possibility to customise how loud the sound for incoming Messeges?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Minority speaker

When i want someone to get quieter when others speak... Like a music bot or that one guy we all didn't invite, but just hangs around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Link Deezer with Discord like Spotify

Please add also a Deezer link to Discord, since it is also one of the biggest music Platforms:)

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Broadcast voice to specified roles and channels with a hotkey (Whisperlists)

A feature to talk to all users with a role or a specified channel in the whole guild wihout beeing on the same channel would be useful!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mute others while talking

Enable an option for a role or a new key-bind only accessible by people given the option by the admin to mute all other people talking while a certain person is talking. This helps a lot with communication in a higher stakes environment and can cut down the response time required for a high paced action.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cast support

Support Cast Audio / Cast Video for a more comfortable and easier way to share playing audio & video files to Casting devices like the Google Chrome Cast or Viera Cast

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Maximum limit in open mic

When you are in open mic, you got a slider to set a minimum of decibel to reach to open the mic. It's wiln be nice if we got a slider for a maximum of decibel beyond which mic is closed. I think especially when we are sick and blow our noze all the time ^^
    The option can be push with an option to say "i don't want to receive sound more than X decibel"

Thank for reading my idea :)

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Opus and FLAC to embed.

I've noticed with the audio embeds, you can embed 4 PCM types in WAVE (no IMA ADPCM though), ogg vorbis, and mp3. Since you guys are using Xiph tools, and you're even using Opus as your voice codec, wouldn't it make sense to also allow FLAC and Opus to embed? What's even odder, it embeds opus in an OGG header with ogg extension, but not an opus with an opus extension.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More audio file extensions for the integrated audio player in discord

"Audio files can now be played directly in Discord to minimize the time it takes for people to listen to your toasty mix tape."

This is absolutely PERFECT. *cough* for anyone who uses .wav and .mp3

However, I'm proposing an expansion of the audio file extensions that can be played within the player such as .AIF / .FLAC / .OGG for instance.

It would really help to be able to share music, sounds and such without the unnecessary hassle of having to convert your render/export for discord's integrated player to recognise it (afaik, it only works for .mp3 and .wav)

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio File Playback Integration

So we have some pretty great video file playback integration. It's useful whenever I send over some memes to my bro.
    However when my bro and I want to share the music him and I are working on, we either upload to a 3rd party service and it barely works half of the time, or send the file through discord itself and have the other download it into their designated "Discord & Skype" files to play it back later.
    I'd be pretty happy if we had some audio file playback similar to the way the videos were done. I wouldn't…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I am groot

Did you know that groot is a good groot

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)