Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Specific Audio Share similar to Specific Screenshare

This exists in screenshare already, where you can share the audio and video of a specific application, but I feel it would be useful to have the option to share ONLY the audio of an application. This can be useful for sharing music and other things with your friends in things like large voice chats, and this would prevent everyone from looping voices through the mic. (one workaround currently to share only audio is to use VoiceMeeter, but it gets annoying for friends to keep hearing their own voices looped, because it captures ALL audio, not a specific application.) Currently,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More options with sounds when share screen

hi i like this software alot.. But there is some issues or lack of possible to do when you gonna share screens.. i had hope i cun be able to share my sound when i share entire screen and not only when you choose a app or a game.. Becouse there is few things is not showing up in that list so many times i must show in entire screen, but then i cannot share sound unless i turn on my speaker so my friend must hear it from my microphone some are very bad way to share sounds..

issues…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. webms and mp4 audio

can they not start at max volume so im not getting ear*aped if i click a video? i set em to like 30 and everytime it just resets back to 100%

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. support for audio interface's

It seems that Discord doesn't have support to work together with an audio interface.
    I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and the Discord software is bypassing my scarlett's configurations and it does some wierd things like capturing the sound that are being reproduced on my monitors, making it for i.e. to the other person's ear the sounds being reproduced by my speakers.

This is something which doesn't happen over Skype or Teamspeak and I would like to replace them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Priority speak when mic is open

Being able to priority speak even if I don't have ptt activated.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link Deezer with Discord like Spotify

Please add also a Deezer link to Discord, since it is also one of the biggest music Platforms:)

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow deafen to be toggle without muting the user

Allow users to deafen themselves and not mute as well.

One scenario this is handy for is when streamers use a discord channel for viewers to get immediate audio, and allowing the others in the channel to converse without interupting the streamer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SOM DO PC

Já fui usuário do Raidcall e, gosto de jogar ouvindo músicas, eu e meu pessoal do clã, escutamos muitas músicas, e as vezes, somos dependentes de bots, eu gostaria de emitir o som do meu PC no discord.
    por exemplo, colocar uma música para tocar do meu PC e tocá-la no discord.
    isso pode ser feito, com a captação do som em que o aplicativo irá emitir o som que o PC estaria emitindo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. priority

Priority speaker for voice activity would be ideal for streamers in multiplayer games when they want to say something and just shut everyone up, without having to hit buttons for push to talk. Please also add the option to actually *mute* non-priority people rather than just turn down their volume.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Random Parent Talking Reduction

We would make sure parent's quiet talking from downstairs NEVER got into our mics. Lol it sounds hard but I'm sure you can do it.
    Maybe reduce the volume until there's only one voice that you can really hear then boost it again? But that'd affect the quality wouldn't it...Well, any way you can cancel background noise works.

I wouldn't use it but maybe some kiddies on here would :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support more than 1 soundcard to differ speech and notifications

Please suppoirt more than 1 sound cards to play voice chat on soundcard 1 and notification messages on soundcard 2.

Other voice clients like Teamspeak support this since the beginning and it is a relief for me and many other users owing 2 soundcards as you can liste to the voice clearly on your headphones and hear game music and sounds on another soundcards (connected to a surround sound system e.g.).

Having the speech and game sound on the headphones makes me a headache real quick and it's a no-go for me!

So please support more then one sound cards…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Talking without our applications sound's behind

My idea it's to put a switch like "Only receive sounds by microphone" or something like that for avoiding our sounds like music or other be hear by people with us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Discord VC mini-window status

https://puu.sh/B8W29/16c811dda9.png
    This is a concept I made for a Voice mini-window preview/control thing. It allows you to disconnect from the call, mute/deafen, see who's in the call/voice chat/channel and time elapsed for non-public calls. I would love to see something like this implemented and I think that people with one monitor would find it especially handy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bluetooth headset

Make bluetooth headsets (finally) work as wireless stereo and not hands-free. It sucks to play with hands-free profile audio quality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Specify speakers for selected audio output

Why?: I'm using a headset which supports virtual 7.1 Surround Sound. Sounds good in-game but terrible when your mates talk to you (Windows app). It just sounds so 'echo-y' while the sound is coming from all (virtual) speakers.

So it would be great if I could tell Discord which speakers I would like to use, instead of having it automatically use all of the speakers of my selected audio output. (e.g. in my case: using stereo sound for Discord whilst using surround sound for games.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Opus and FLAC to embed.

I've noticed with the audio embeds, you can embed 4 PCM types in WAVE (no IMA ADPCM though), ogg vorbis, and mp3. Since you guys are using Xiph tools, and you're even using Opus as your voice codec, wouldn't it make sense to also allow FLAC and Opus to embed? What's even odder, it embeds opus in an OGG header with ogg extension, but not an opus with an opus extension.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Nitro subscribers should be able to change their ringtone.

Nitro subscribers should be able to change their ringtone by importing an mp3 file.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. customizable sounds

Uploading small audio files to change the notification sounds on desktop, as well as muting/deafening, joining/leaving calls, and even the ringtone would be a neat addition to add to discord.
    It would also help to hear notifications in other programs if you’re doing something imp

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Minority speaker

When i want someone to get quieter when others speak... Like a music bot or that one guy we all didn't invite, but just hangs around.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add AAC or .M4A support to the in-line audio player

I'm thrilled to see the new in-line audio player but there are two things I'd like to see improved. One, I would appreciate being able to use AAC or .m4a files and two, a list of what formats are supported would be much appreciated. So far I only know .mp3, .flac, and .wav work through trial and error but it'd be nice to know before wasting bandwidth for anyone. Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base