Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to play media (video/audio) on background

When i play audio in specific channel and change channel it instantly stop playing, it would be nice if the audio/video/youtube can be played on the fly. so i can hear the videos people send me while typing for other thing or listening to music shared by others while chatting on different channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let us invite people to listen to music with the invite to games bitton

Since you can invite people to games you are currently playing on discord, why not put a invite to music button? If you want someone to hear a great song you could show them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. voice control adjust on default

I like to listen to music while I'm playing games, but when people talk I can't hear them. I know i could just turn my music down but I'm really lazy and don't want to go into my volume mixer to edit it nor do i want to adjust my song volume itself. So I think that discord should turn itself up when someone is talking and there is background noise. But it adjusts itself for the listeners though. Like if someone were to be trying to make them self deaf from music and were in a call I really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Increase volume slider size

Currently, the volume slider for people in the voice channel is too small to adjust properly.

1. some ticks skip a %, like it will go from 5>6>7>9>10>11>13 etc.
    2. Some of my friends have ultra loud mics, what happens is I have to decide between 5% which is too quiet, or 7% which is too loud, and since I can't put 6% I always have to deal with that issue.

So to summarize, just make the slider, like, 50-100% bigger, so we can put a more precise %, and maybe even add a 0.5% increment so that there will…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. audio equaliser for each person

we can add a tuning sound modification for all user like i want to decress the high noise sound of somebody like an equiliser. i think it can be interesting for anyone when somebody in a discution got a bad microphone or streaming. it can make the voice discution realy better

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Push to talk Feature (Walkie-Talkie Style)

Right now I use two major messaging Apps, Discord and Telegram. I love telegram but I'd love to see a PTT feature in discord similar to telegram. Why should I have to be in a private call or in a voice channel to send a Private Audio Message. Give us the ability to send PTT Messages in private chat (not in servers unless toggled on by the server owner) a la Telegram style.

If Discord would implement this type of Walkie-Talkie style voice system it would become my definitive and only messaging app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Deafen other people

It'd be nice if we could deafen other people locally. For example, if I want to tell my friend something, but I'm in a voice chat with 3 other people, I can mute some of those people that way I can tell my friend something privately. It could even be used to test mics with a friend before talking to everyone else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Play downloaded music when you're in call for mobile

For some reason, we can't play downloaded music when we're in a Discord call or in a room. It would be a simple but really cool change if we could play it. Not asking to play it publicly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow us to disable the "BEEP bEEP beep" sound when changing input/output devices

Much like allowing us to enable / disable sounds for Mute, Unmute etc, it would be nice if we could also enable / disable the "BEEP bEEP beep" sound when changing audio devices as it can get a little annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video Embed Volume Slider

The new embedded videos are awesome but we really need a volume slider.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add AAC or .M4A support to the in-line audio player

I'm thrilled to see the new in-line audio player but there are two things I'd like to see improved. One, I would appreciate being able to use AAC or .m4a files and two, a list of what formats are supported would be much appreciated. So far I only know .mp3, .flac, and .wav work through trial and error but it'd be nice to know before wasting bandwidth for anyone. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mute

when someone muted me i should know that he muted me like can we have a symbol or something?

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Group Spotify Music Sharing

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could use the Spotify music sharing within a group chat or voice channel? That way you and all of your friends can queue up songs together and have jam sessions!

This would also work pretty well for streamers. If they are co-streaming together they can setup playlists and viewers watching both streams have an amazingly seamless experience.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remember Volume for Embedded Media

When playing an embedded video the volume always defaults to 100%, this is super loud for most users, an option to let volume settings be remembered would be great. Or perhaps an option to set its default to something other than 100% in the settings would work just as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scroll wheel volume

When you right click on people's name to control the individual volume be able to turn it it up and down with your mouse wheel

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Music

Please include a feature where you can play music whilst in a voice call with someone or with a group of people. A stand-alone music feature would also be nice for voice channels without the need for a bot or Spotify because as it stands you need Spotify premium to post your playlist to the channel and bots sometimes go down for maintenance

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Salida de audio y microfo en app

Podrian agregar en la aplicacion para plataformas como android la opcion de elejir que tipo de salida y entrada de audio y microfono hay disponible en el dispositivo, como en la pc. Donde seleccionas la salida de audio, ya sea un parlante y un auricular. Y lo mismo con el microfono

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio pan

Have a support for audio pan from left ear to right ear and the other way around. For us users that have the support to talk in only left side on the microphone and rightside and it sends to only that ear. Duo to ASMR in discord, they currently doesnt have the support of it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. how to vote what song people want in discord?

vote a song what people want in discord

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manual Gain Control

I would love to see manual gain control for Discord. With my mic and the drivers for it, I cannot set it through my system by itself. When the automatic gain control is turned off, the volume is turned down quite a bit, but I much prefer having the extra control.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base