Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LOTRO Overlay

Please make the overlay work in Lord of the Rings Online. Currently the game crashes as soon as you enable the overlay. Many kinships in LotrO, who used to use TS, have now switched to Discord, but are missing this overlay feature.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Categories are awesome, but need a facelift!

With the new Categories feature, on both Desktop and Mobile, my channel's users all have complained that the categories just leave the channels cluttered, by adding more scrolling space, and the categories don't really stand out!

The best solution I could suggest would be to add style changes to the categories and channels to visual recognize each level of the overlay.

Category - Bolded, making it clear it's the "header" of the channels within.

Text Channel - regular font, and allow individual voice channels as sub channels indented visually! (ie voice lobby text, and voice lobby channel together with the…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let's users be able to add photos to games that aren't verified.

The idea of adding a photo to an custom game (example would possibly be a game that wasn't verified) would be great (for the user, I mean). Because I'm usually doing something at the time, I wanted to add a photo to a game that isn't verified (because since "Steam" is considered an overlay/playing, I would like to add a photo to that question mark block, if that makes any sense).

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overlay for messages

Overlay for messages.
    Such optional feature would be so great: after you turn it on, you could read your friends' messages ingame. Why not? So useful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Offline mode instead of loading screen

When I'm on the go or sometimes at home, my laptop doesn't have internet connection. Hover it seems like discord doesnt like this. Whenever my pc starts you have the small discord loading screen, trying to connect with the servers. However, there is no way to close this little screen easily or minimize it. My idea was to just add a little button to it so you can minimize it to your taskbar.

Also whenever you loose internet connection discord hops back to this loading screen and you can't read any history of chat.
    Maybe this is because discord actually…

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord Overlay

A few ideas for the Discord overlay please take these into consideration :)

1) Make it possible to resize the overlay similar to how you can resize a window by dragging the corner.
    2) Make it possible to remove the Discord logo from the overlay and maybe replace it with the server icon or change the size of the icon.
    3) Move the overlay to a different place on the screen for example instead of the top left you could put it in the middle left or bottom right or just make it so you can move the overlay around…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Destiny 2 (PC) Overlay

Bungie has stated that they plan to block the Discord overlay for Destiny 2 (PC). I'd really like to use this functionality, and was wondering if you guys could reach out to Bungie and try to compromise and make it work out? Being able to see who's talking at a glance in the middle of a firefight shouldn't require me to have a dual monitor setup.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding more games to the overlay

I was wondering if more games can be whitelisted to the overlay, such as Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, or all Source games, just ANY game that is played often by people.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customizable server-specific background hue

I think that a neat thing to add would be a customizable background hue for each server when a user is viewing said server. It would be less annoying than backgrounds, but still offer a nice bit of personalization. Keep in mind what I'm reffering to is the hue of the background- so the background could be changed from its normal greyish-blue to something else while keeping its light level.

I've used photo editing to achieve this effect, which can be seen here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/255748349943087105/360886563032268801/image.jpg
    The top image is normal Discord, while in the bottom image the background's hue has been…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ingame Facecam

It would be awesome, if you could integrate a facecam into the ingame-overlay, so you can facecam with your friends while gaming, maybe with a trasparancy option! :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Discord game overlay

Like steam, we should have a game overlay where you can chat with people while playing a game in full-screen.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Server customization

Make it so you can upload pictures to the background or side screens, channel list, who’s online, etc, of the server, as well as the ability hold in server polls

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TF2 Breaks with overlay feature

Whenever i launch TF2 with the discord overlay, i can't open the tab for community servers, creating a server, and some others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change color of @everyone

Allow to change the default color of @everyone

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Connected channel hover on servers banner (like red NEW button)

Concept: https://imgur.com/a/eJnIG

When scrolling through my servers I want to be able to quickly go back to the server which my voice is connected to. The small icon next to the server can be easy to miss or annoying to get back to when you're scrolling through a lot of icons.

I had a couple concepts for having the server your voice is connected to hover over the server banner like the NEW notification does at the top and bottom (and would also be clickable like it).

Seemed like a simple change which can be made with repurposed existing elements…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove "playing" from Status Update

Status Update
    Discord should remove the text "Playing"....xxx
    It is completely unnecessary... it takes up space... and it allows custom status updates to make more sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A theme for every holiday!

a theme for every season/holiday (spring/easter, summer, autumn/halloween, and most importantly winter, and christmas.) i want, and i need, a christmas themed discord. i spend many many hours on discord and a christmas theme would be just insane. please vote this to let the staff see! ty :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sorting Discord Servers, DM Chats and Friends.

I think there should be a way to organise the Discord Servers you're apart of into different catagories, arrange the Direct Messages you're apart of and allow you to 'label' your friends with tags, with all three also being able to be 'favourited'.

For Discord Servers, I think you should be able to add catagories, like you can with channels within a server, and possibly add a search function so you can easily find the server you want; which should become really useful with those apart of dozens for servers.

With Direct Messages, I think the Group DM's and ones…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fully cutomizable Discord

It would be cool if Discord-Users could change the Overlay of Discord...
    I mean, we could put e.g. the online users of a server list between the text and voice channels and the chat... ( only an example) or if we have 2 monitors we could u the text and voice channels list on one monitor and the chat and the rest on the other ,cause maybe not everyone needs the other things he or she does only wanna know whojoined the channel ... (only an example)

sry for my english I am from germany and I just wanted to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please let us adjust the overlay position

the overlay was made pretty nice with the recent update (gj to the developers) but please let us adjust the position and maybe the size of the overlay. When playing League of Legends for example, the overlay is right in front of the opponents stat informations which can be quite annoying. It would blend in so nice, if it was adjustable to not block the informations anymore

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base