Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add text chat to the overlay

Right now, the overlay's only able to access voice chat. I use Discord mainly for text communication - would be great to access that in-game.

2,976 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

270 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the way NSFW channels are labeled to icons. Example attached.

https://i.imgur.com/hHffIKQ.png

Image wasn't made by me, so credit goes to whoever created it. I just thought it was a good idea.

2,008 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Overlay outside of games

Does it what it says on the tin, able to used outside of games, as an always-on-top floating window.

440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overlay: Hide Discord icon

Would be cool if there was a way to remove/hide the icon from the overlay ( http://take.ms/lsjwB ). It takes away important screen space.

394 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show if muted

Hi,
    I think it would be nice to see on the overlay if the current user is muted or not.
    Something like a red line diagonally across the image and letting the user displayed while muted.
    As a voice detection kind of user I often forget that I am muted and this would probably help me a lot :D

386 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mac OS X overlay full support

I would love to see Overlay working fully on Mac OS X just like windows users have it.
    Pretty straight forward

249 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve In-Game Overlay Support

Please improve the overlay support for most games/apps. I'm not an expert in programming so I'm not sure if this would be easy or rather applicable, but why not making an option that would enable the overlay in any window?

The only reason why I brought up this idea because I believe that the overlay isn't compatible with ALL of League of Legends clients. Each region has their own client/configuration so probably the one that is featured here is LoL NA. We're using Garena (SEA) and we're kinda sad that the overlay feature isn't working for us.

164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Games that work with overlay

Make a mega-thread and people will comment showing what games overlay does or does not work in

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Minimized Overlay

Make the overlay so it activates whenever discord window is minimized. it would be good for being on windows and work fine in borderless games. Much like Skype's overlay when you minimize it.

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. overlay customization

1. Optional Discord logo on overlay. Right now it's always on my screen and stream - please make it so that it can be either turned off or only comes on when someone is speaking.

2. Customizable fonts, line spacing, font size, colors. Right now the list of channels in the app and the list of people speaking in channel on the overlay in game take up too much vertical space. There is so much space between each name above and below. I know it's "modern design" but it's just not efficient enough and takes too much screen/game real-estate .…

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Only Talking" Overlay window for OBS

A non-hooking overlay window that I can add to OBS as a source and chroma the background would be fantastic. There are many times when I want to show just who's actually speaking in Discord instead of the entire roster in the voice channel. Doing this in a small popout window I can add to OBS would be the best!

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. overlay

I just thought that the 'overlay' feature should have more options. Overlay is a great idea, but needs work...
    One of the options (at the top of the overlay feature) could be a tab menu, from which, you can access text channels as well as voice channels. Furthermore, you should then be able to type a quick message before briefly returning to you game.

Also, Overlay needs to open a bit quicker and not give your game a painful lag-spike.

:P

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Special option server

I suggest that partners have access to control there server them in ( CSS language or any other language ) and can be activated by a button beside his server logo to open this them in a pop out or relaunch the app with the theme and the partner can edit and activate the theme from there Control panel which is supported by an empty CSS file for the partner to write there code , This feature represent the ownership of there server , and why pop out because the theme is unique for each server so every one can…

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Overlay

transparent or invisible overlay (configurable), i think it's pretty annoying when the overlay it's on the screen when i don't want to use it, just like steam overlay.

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GOG Galaxy, Origin, Uplay linking and Overlay support, please

It would be nice if common clients like GOG Galaxy, Origin, Uplay or others could be supported, too

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Themes

If there was an option for a colour scheme and a personalized background, that'd be brilliant. So wallpapers could be default, but still have some default selections, but also an option for uploading photos. The colour schemes would affect the colour style of everything else besides the background. Thanks for making this application, I love it so far!

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. vr support

Hi, please consider providing Discord App overlay support to the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. It is so much better to have this support, compared to lifting the HMD every time you want to know what is going on in the Discord channel.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PS4/Xbox One Overlay for PC streamers.

The only way to get around this is either partner with Sony or Microsoft to integrate in their consoles which I highly doubt will happen unless you become the "Google" of gaming voice and chat. But another option is for streamers with their own PC rig. The monitor that is capturing the gameplay footage for the stream the discord app should lay on top of it.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a per-game Overlay position

Sometimes,the Overlay is hiding some criticals informations given in a game because it has been moved to show other things on an other game. Each time you switch to an other game,you have to move the overlay to not be annoyed. It's kind of tiring and it would be awesome to have that!

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base