Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Categories are awesome, but need a facelift!

With the new Categories feature, on both Desktop and Mobile, my channel's users all have complained that the categories just leave the channels cluttered, by adding more scrolling space, and the categories don't really stand out!

The best solution I could suggest would be to add style changes to the categories and channels to visual recognize each level of the overlay.

Category - Bolded, making it clear it's the "header" of the channels within.

Text Channel - regular font, and allow individual voice channels as sub channels indented visually! (ie voice lobby text, and voice lobby channel together with the…

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offline mode instead of loading screen

When I'm on the go or sometimes at home, my laptop doesn't have internet connection. Hover it seems like discord doesnt like this. Whenever my pc starts you have the small discord loading screen, trying to connect with the servers. However, there is no way to close this little screen easily or minimize it. My idea was to just add a little button to it so you can minimize it to your taskbar.

Also whenever you loose internet connection discord hops back to this loading screen and you can't read any history of chat.
    Maybe this is because discord actually…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discord Overlay

A few ideas for the Discord overlay please take these into consideration :)

1) Make it possible to resize the overlay similar to how you can resize a window by dragging the corner.
    2) Make it possible to remove the Discord logo from the overlay and maybe replace it with the server icon or change the size of the icon.
    3) Move the overlay to a different place on the screen for example instead of the top left you could put it in the middle left or bottom right or just make it so you can move the overlay around…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customizable server-specific background hue

I think that a neat thing to add would be a customizable background hue for each server when a user is viewing said server. It would be less annoying than backgrounds, but still offer a nice bit of personalization. Keep in mind what I'm reffering to is the hue of the background- so the background could be changed from its normal greyish-blue to something else while keeping its light level.

I've used photo editing to achieve this effect, which can be seen here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/255748349943087105/360886563032268801/image.jpg
    The top image is normal Discord, while in the bottom image the background's hue has been…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Connected channel hover on servers banner (like red NEW button)

Concept: https://imgur.com/a/eJnIG

When scrolling through my servers I want to be able to quickly go back to the server which my voice is connected to. The small icon next to the server can be easy to miss or annoying to get back to when you're scrolling through a lot of icons.

I had a couple concepts for having the server your voice is connected to hover over the server banner like the NEW notification does at the top and bottom (and would also be clickable like it).

Seemed like a simple change which can be made with repurposed existing elements…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change color of @everyone

Allow to change the default color of @everyone

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sorting Discord Servers, DM Chats and Friends.

I think there should be a way to organise the Discord Servers you're apart of into different catagories, arrange the Direct Messages you're apart of and allow you to 'label' your friends with tags, with all three also being able to be 'favourited'.

For Discord Servers, I think you should be able to add catagories, like you can with channels within a server, and possibly add a search function so you can easily find the server you want; which should become really useful with those apart of dozens for servers.

With Direct Messages, I think the Group DM's and ones…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Discord game overlay

Like steam, we should have a game overlay where you can chat with people while playing a game in full-screen.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make thin letters great again

So the recent update made the letters that show the channels of a server more thicc so what about making an option to make them thin or thicc?

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unter Kategorien in die Kategorien einbauen

Hallo
    Ich würde gerne um ein Update bitten
    und zwar eins wo man eine Kategorie erstellen kann und in dieser Kategorie unter Kategorien
    z.B

#Klassen (Hauptkategorie)
    #Druide (Unterkategorie Klassen)
    #Addons (unterkategorie von Druiden)
    #Todesritter (Unterkategorie Klassen)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Overlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. loading screen

Hello! I have came up with a new idea for the loading screen!

It all started when I was playing with the loader window over the Discord window.
    Then I placed it in the lower right part and this idea popped up in my head. It was reminding me of the game loading screens.
    In the picture down below, you can see the origin of the idea.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/338689588631699456/371385137776033812/unknown.png

So like, it should open ONE window instead of TWO. And there can be a little more animations, such a Wumpus taking a stroll, or the DiscordNitro-Mobile moving around with no driver,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow StreamKit to access direct calls, or allow Screen Sharing in a Voice Channel

I want to share my screen with other people, and at the same time I want to use the StreamKit overlay to show people on-stream who is talking.

Currently if you start a video call you cannot join a voice channel, and StreamKit cannot see direct calls.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New ideas for customizing the Overlay

New customization options for the overlay.

Positioning the overlay :
    Making it go horizontal instead of vertical
    Presets for which corner you would like the overlay to be
    Manually maneuvering the overlay on an area on the screen

Changes to overlay:
    Adding a "fade-in" and "fade-out" effect for when someone starts talking and stops respectively
    Option to remove the discord icon
    New option to change the colour of the text and the highlight behind it

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Conversation Pinning to Server List

Next month Discord screensharing is available to us all (if all goes to plan). This will lead to a spike of the usage of conversations (as servers will not be able to use this feature), and we all want a comfortable place to keep track of our conversations.

Hence pinning it to the server list area is the easiest way.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the overlay show notifications

The overlay should show a notification when you get pinged or DM'ed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Move The Sidebar

For the sidebar; the thing on the far left side that holds the servers and friends, I personally think you should be able to move that to the left, right, top or bottom sides of the screen, it'll add to that customisation just that smallest.

In order to move the bar, I think there should be a setting that allows you to choose one of the four stated locations above, just so accidentally moving it when clicking on servers is ruled out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen-sharing picture-in-picture support for the in-game overlay to enable viewing of teammates' perspectives.

With the addition of the new screen-sharing support this is a natural progression of the overlay feature. This would enable much more valuable and faster communication for many circumstances in games (e.g location of enemies, areas of interest, and so on). Many scenarios that require you to accurately articulate information such as call-outs and distances could be streamlined.

Current setups to enable this are extremely complicated; this would further increase the divide between Discord and other programs in terms of functionality and the depth of communication Discord enables.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat names

I feel we should have the ability to change our Chat names, I dont like how we cant use Caps and Spaces. It looks a bit weird to use underscores and have everything lowercase. Thats all I can suggest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. streamkit overlay tip to now thing!!!

I have a problem that strikes me!
    When you close down the page, it deletes everything
    so you'll have to change it all the time.
    you can not create a login system so it remembers it
    also when you update something that automatically updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Colored Themes

So I think the way it should work is that.
    You can have a thing we're you can pick a color and you can color a part. Without the better discord

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base