Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stereo Audio for audio sharing (& adding audio sharing to 'Your Entire Screen' option)

After requesting audio sharing to discord it was implemented, and its great! But it is lacking a few features that would make it fantastic.
    -Stereo audio
    -Audio sharing when sharing entire screen

The audio is forced to mono when audio sharing, stereo is better in every way, and you could even make stereo a Nitro feature if you wanted. (But a free option would be awesome)

Right now you have to only share a specific 'Application Window' to share audio, and this does not allow people to see layered windows within software (main examples are when working on music the…

956 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase Group DM Size

Here is my friend groups dilemma.

We have roughly 14 friends in our friend group who love to video call.
    People will often say-'Make a private server to house all of you' but we want to video call at the same time. Discords cap of 10 people per private dm disables us to all video call at the same time.

We have been forced to remove one of our friends and add another continuously because we cannot add more than 10 people to a group dm to video call.

✔I personally feel that group DM Size should be increased and…

170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

7,898 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

271 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add bot functionality to DM Groups for screenshare.

I screenshare daily for hours with one of my friends because she enjoys watching me play games. We want to listen to music but we either have to not show gameplay to screenshare the music or we just can't do it. It'd be nice to at least allow Nitro Users to add bots to DM calls so we can listen to music with our screenshare, or maybe make music in general a functionality for nitro, screenshare, or everyone.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Netflix / Amazon Prime / YouTube Channel Sync Watch

For this idea first we need Discord to expand connections with :
    ***** Netflix *****
    ***** Amazon Prime Video *****
    ***** YouTube *****

> Designated Permission Members can Add YouTube / Netflix / Amazon Video-Link in a special channel that can play simultaneously to all the members in that specific channel.

Everyone can enjoy that awesome trailer or even a movie together no matter how far apart they are , another city , another country or another continent.

This has also very good educational purposes , as education looks more and more into technology , video and VR is used…

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a Video/ScreenShare channel option

Add a video call chat category to servers alongside text and voice, that would have a limit on how many people can join. it would be a lot more convenient then having to create a private chat just to do screen share.

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom ringtones / notification sounds

New idea for Nitro users!

Would be really cool if people who have Nitro are able to have custom ringtones if they are getting called, custom notification sounds when getting mentioned or dm'ed.

And being able to give like every server or friend their own unique song/sound

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screen sharing on discord servers

It would be super cool to be able to share your screen on servers. It would make lots of things much easier.

There could be a button on your profile (I mean when you left click on you on a discord server) to screen share.
    Your friends will click your on profile (on the server), they will see you're screen sharing and click a button that will set the vidio you are sharing to fullscreen. Sorry if it was too compicated :D

Recap: You'll stream by clicking button on your profile, friends will click on your profile, this will make…

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adjusting screenshare volume separate from user volume

I'd love it if you could adjust screenshare volume separate from user volume when you're in a call. Me and my friend are currently playing a game and she's screensharing it to me. Thing is, the game is low for her but loud for me, so i barely hear her. I'd love it if there was a separate slider when you right-click the call for specifically desktop sound. Thank you for your time <33!

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PC Remote Control

It's time to ditch TeamViewer and ZenDesk.. xD
    So in this time, we games help each other alot with diffrent tasks.

And currently the easiest way of doing that for someone, with very litte computer experince, is to use TeamViewer, ZenDesk and so on to remotely control their PCs.

My idea is that we bring a feature like that to Discord, lets say you're in a screensharing call, you could request remote control access.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

5,101 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Independent Screenshare Audio Adjustments

It would be really useful if you could adjust the sound levels of a screenshare independently from the person screensharing's mic. Maybe it could be a second bar below user volume in this (https://imgur.com/hXdmqTP) menu.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Screen Sharing in server

Hello Discord Server Admins
    Me and my friends hope to add Screen share to Groups or Servers
    to make it easier. because everytime we must do a private chat and star screen sharing so i hope u add it soon to servers ^^
    GoodBye!

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Serverwide Screen Sharing

Remember that video chat and screen sharing thing Discord did not too long ago? Well, what if we, the users on Discord, can show our games live on our very own servers, not just the group DMs themselves? Think about it; people on servers can see the games people play just like Twitch, but more better and with NO delays, and games would be live! That way, people who are active on Discord and who are online can see the games people are playing and they can chat more smoothly and effectively, just like your usual livestream!

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mute Screenshare/Video

Lets first imagine you're in this big direct message, and someone starts sharing their screen or either turned on video, and the person doesn't want to turn it off, now you'd be saying: Aw geez, my game is lagging. You can't do anything about it? Do you get out of the call? We need a solution, right?

So what about an option so you can mute someone's Screenshare or Video, and just show their audio. Then the lag that Screenshare or Video call causes will be gone.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Detatchable webcam window

It would be really nice if you could detatch the webcam of another person in the call and isolate it to its own window, so you could have it on top of lets say, your browser or something.
    So you would be able to see the person youre talking to while also doing something else.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen Share Audio for Mac Users

The Screen Share Audio is great for me, but my girlfriend can't hear from my audio due to having a Mac. Definitely would like to see this implemented to Mac users soon, so that all of my friends can play stuff like jackbox on call together with sound, whether they have Windows or Mac!

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to mute screenshare

Please add a mute option for the screenshare, I don't want to hear my friends stream when I'm gaming and he's playing music or showing videos for my other friend.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video Call Focus and Layout Features

I have a group of 7 people that we play d&d with and we're trying to make an overlay that works well for streaming. We want to be able to see everyone's face at once, and discord is the only app that seems to do that, except the malware infested Skype. We want to use discord, but the layout can be rather static and uncustomizable. We were wondering if we could have a few quality of life features added so we can use discord as our primary app for communication.

- The ability to move the current callers' windows around…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Video Channels

Instead of having to go into a group dm to use webcam and screenshare. I feel that there should be a video channel in servers. Most of the time i'm in a server and the ability to use webcam and screenshare seems "out of reach" Because like i said before making and going into a group dm is just not optimal

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base