Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen Sharing without a camera

So I am one of the 5% of the people who can test Screen Sharing, but I've noticed that Screen Sharing requires to start a video call, which requires a camera. Basically, you can't start a screen sharing session without having a webcam. I think we should be able to start screen sharing without having one as I don't really understand why it would require one.

673 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable pop-out video chat, and allow dragging the box anywhere.

Currently, the video chat function is limited only to when you have discord focused, a 'pop out' button would be a really good idea.

As well, currently you can only drag the window (While in a chat other than who you're calling) to either the top or bottom right, it'd be nice if you could fix it anywhere on the screen.

552 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video call and screenshare at the same time

Please add the ability for one user to simultaneously share their screen and video at the same time.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One video/screenshare presenter to the entire server

I would like to suggest the function to have ONE presenter broadcasting video/screenshare to the entire server/channel, like a close group livestreaming where viewers can text chat while watching. It is extremely useful for demonstration and education purposes, especially for an art education server like mine.

100 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Video Calling Quality Settings

I like to see quailty settings for discord with video calling and screen-sharing. What I'm suggesting is that discord should add some quality settings for video calling and screen-sharing as bandwidth can be a problem for people with bad internet or good internet. With so much bandwidth going in between people from up to down, it can cost a lot for people, data or not. So I suggest with image - Quality settings for video calling

Image example - http://imgur.com/a/Y9rly

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bigger video call view with text-chat still visible

When we're in a video call, standard view (the half-half split) makes the video a little too small to see comfortably. Full view has a good video size, but then I can't see the DM chat.

Perhaps while in call other elements (friend list, channel list, callers' avatars) can be minimized or simply the ratio between video view and DM chat be adjustable, so we can see both a big enough video and text chat as well.

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keybinds for Video Calls

How about some Keybinds for:
    - Turn camera on/off
    - Turn screenshare on/off
    - Switch from camera to screenshare
    - Instant share screen 1 (or 2,3,..)

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cams in a video call should be like Skype

One of my Discord friends was one of the lucky few who can now use video calls. Up to now everything works just fine but cams should work like they do in Skype.
    Now you're just able to have one cam large and the other ones are tiny at the bottom or Discord is constantly switching between the cams which is irritating.
    So my suggestion is that you can set the cams by you're own like in Skype. Adjust the size of more than just one cam and have users without cams small.

Greetings from germany and I hope that…

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Additional Camera Layout

Some of my friends and I are deaf, our primary means of communication outside discord is sign language, and the addition of the camera to the app is wonderful. However, the current provided layout for the camera functionality is bit difficult for us; we don't really talk/use our voice and only one camera would be larger and others smaller makes it difficult for us to see what everyone is saying at the same time.

What I'm asking is a new layout for the camera functionality where each person has an equal estate on the screen so everyone can see everyone…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Equivalent of Skype's /golive command

Skype has the ability to start a group call without ringing everyone by using the /golive command. This would be useful to have to avoid ringing the entire group.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sidebar video

It would be outstanding if we could get a sidebar video chat option. ooVoo did this before they changed a bunch of things and it was basically a view setting to stack up everyone's webcam video and place it on the right side of the screen. Then when you opened fantasy grounds for example, FG would resize to not overlap the video box. It was the greatest way to run D&D games and now it's lost forever.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More focusing!

After playing with video call / screensharing for a little while, I've decided I love it a lot, but the one thing I can think that would make it even better would be the option to put focus on more than one user at a time. Perhaps shift clicking users that you'd like to add to the big screen? I miss the ability to have multiple users focused at once so I can see everyone's reactions to my cat gifs at once.

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Screensharing/Video Call 60 fps

It will be more smoothly to see.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Screensharing

screensharing is great but to make it a lot better i think you should add sound so you can hear what the person screensharing is, so you could watch a YouTube video or use it for other reasons like editing.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How about a channel type that works as a video/screenshare on servers...

Title says everything...

This will work like a audio channel but just with video/screenshare...

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A way for people with very limited data to use video and screen sharing without giving up an arm and a lefs worth of data.

I know a lot of people that have very limited amount of data and I am hoping for a way of video and screen sharing that does not consumes too much data.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Screen Share - Audio From Application

I am one of the 10% who gets to test Screen Sharing, and I like to play my launchpad, its one of my favorite hobbies. But the problem I face is sending my audio to discord, if I want to currently, I have to have two instances of discord running, each on different accounts, in order to hear what I am playing. What I would like is a hook that grabs audio either from your desktop (for full desktop shares) or from the specific application, fully toggleable by the user. This doesn't just have to be for Screen Shares, what…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video Calls on servers

This would require fairly drastic changes to the discord server interface, but I think screensharing and video calling would be especially useful on Discord in servers.

One of the things I loved about discord when I switched from Skype was that there were not a million group calls which everyone used. However, I always liked that you could explain to your friends while you're playing i.e how to install mods on Minecraft or how to edit steam's config files via screenshare. This feature is not available on servers, meaning to explain something you have to start a call with someone.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Double click to fullscreen video (or another shortcut)

Please add a shortcut to full screen video in video calls.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scaling in Screenshare

When I screen share on my 4K monitors it is impossible to read text on the shared view. If I turn down the resolution on the monitor I am sharing it works fine however. It would be good to have built in scaling in the screnshare session to avoid having to reduce the resolution of the shared monitor every time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base