Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. THE LFG TAB!!!

As someone has already said, GIVE LFG BACK PLEASE. I'TS TOO GOOD TO TAKE AWAY!! I've personally made quite a few friends in that lfg tab, and i run into them and others ive played with before quite consistently using it some more.

1,457 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

427 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 306 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. LFG Ideas

The LFG thing was a great idea, like many people have mentioned, I too have made a few friends that I always play with now and it was really fun. But one huge problem was that it was hard finding groups in the first place, why? Because a lot of the groups were completely irrelevant to the game, and were just troll/inappropriate groups. And a lot of people would just get on LFG JUST to bother people that actually wanted to play, they would spam the chat, scream into their mics, connect and disconnect from voice chat to bother people…

288 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. lfg

I think LFG is good except one thing. Invite spam. I think either LFG owners can turn on/off link sharing in LFG chats or have links banned in LFG chats as a whole.

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LFG change me life

bring back lfg it was really good. because of it i made the best youtube video on channel it was discordhero 001 https://youtu.be/rW-eniqy-vM
    so that wouldn't be possible with out LFG

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kill Discord LFG please.

The Discord LFG was cancerous. With squeekers and kids on one end, and general ugliness on the other. You would see groups about things that I, and probably others many others don't want to see. People who joined these groups were often buttheads. I have several screenshots of examples of how cancerous the LFG community is. While I had Discord LFG all I wanted to do was remove it. If you're going to re-make Discord LFG, please make a sensor, and some general rules.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. LFG has the potential to be the best thing to happen to gaming this Decade

LFG was beyond a great experience for me. It helps get teams together with games such as PUBG, Rocket League, Fortnite, and even rekindled my enjoyment for Overwatch. I also met a few new friends that I still play with. I can not speak highly enough of this feature!

A few small notes that would improve it.
    A relist feature: Often when we got together a good group, which happened very frequently, we eventually had someone that had to jump off. Since we were very far down in the list, it was tough to get another member. It would be…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. LFG video chat

I think a good addition to LFG would be a video call option with it

This was able to be done with a glitch, and it was actually quite fun! In one we even had a Drawing contest!

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add features to LFG

1. Allow users to opt out of LFG

2. If LFG isn't disabled, don't make it the default tab when Discord is opened

3. More feedback when/if a reported group has been acted on.

4. Add Booleans to search bar.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a permanent ban/boot feature. ALSO adding the time the group was made in the natural title would be good.

Desperately needs a permanent banning feature for LFG. Also seeing what time the room was created without joining would be nice.

OVERALL LFG is a great feature, with a little TLC should be fine to release. A ban feature would let users remove a user from a channel permanently instead of kicking the user for them just to rejoin a few moments later.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. LFG is the downfall of society

I have rounded up some of this in a qualitative imgur album below
    https://imgur.com/a/Xwjiw

I've tested out LFG for a bit and you've asked for Feedback on the thing. Why not then.

I was told I could use LFG through discordapp.com/lfg and hopped on it. After opening some tabs I noticed that half the groups were just spammy, 90% of spam being in the Minecraft LFG section. I like to see the world burn so I decided to watch them every now and again, I pressed refresh whenever that came up and saw lovely groups. I joined one and saw…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Looking for Group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option for Banning Users

Im with everyone else on this one, Please bring back the LFG Group, Also make it possible for group leaders to ban and unban people from there group there was alot of people jumping into a group just to spam there twitch ect.. Would be great to see it perm

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. LFG

Well, this will be a in-depth analogy from my perspective..

well, there was Very little wrong with LFG.. It was Incredible... the only problem i could see was not with Your Program but with the Human Race.. the way a few people acted on there..

so with that being said.. my recommendations are simple..

cant really do a report based thing because them same trolls will use the report function/feature against the good folk who don't wish to troll or be trolled.. so i feel that just a simple temporary name based ban from a group admin would be fine...…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Concerns and Suggestions

The recent test of the Looking For Group section revealed a lot of potential for the area while also raising some serious concerns. The LFG section has great potential and overall it has enabled fellow gamers to connect with one another and play games together. Although that's all fine and dandy that gamers now have an easier way to find other players to play with, meet, interact with, etc., there are several concerns I would like to point out:
    My concerns:
    > LFG becomes very spammy, particularly under the Minecraft game tab. I often find that it is used as…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. LFG: Works in Theory, but not in Practice.

LFG is a pretty cool idea, I mean, finding friends you can play a game with? That sounds great!

A while back on a Discord poll, they asked me what would help me use Discord more for gaming and such, and I told them "If I had friends.", because I didn't have friends with any PC gaming setup of any kind. This is a cool way to fix that issue.

However, there are a few problems that become obvious to anyone who's seen the tab.

First off, the only game I can play well on my crappy computer is Minecraft,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Push to Talk only permission for LFG

There needs to be more permission settings for an LFG lobby. A stellar example would be a push-to-talk only lobby. This would avoid mouthbreathers, background noise, and spam

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. LFG needs to be revamped, like badly, Or deleted.

A few issues that really need to be fixed.

-Underage people (people under 13.)

-Off topic, and roblox in minecraft LFG's

-Screamers, trolls and Crown passing (leaving the group that means passing the crown)

-Kicking random people for no fucking reason.

I loved LFG, made a few friends, but still it needs to be revamped badly, or deleted

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. it was amazing

It was just something some people can enjoy going around talking to people making new friends and having someone to talk to if one on else is not online and it was easy to use and a fast way to make friends for everyone i think they should have LFG and if you do bring it back i think you should some how upgrade it i know theres not much you can probably do but i feel like LFG could be amazing if it had some new stuff what personally think is that you should bring it back.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base