Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "I want to play" status

Status for telling friends you want to play a game with them. Maybe currently they are all offline or you are just playing some singleplayer game, but you don't want to check every 5 minutes if someone will show up. Set status and done, if someone will be looking for someone to play they will see you are happy to join them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A “Mood” page to share things with friends

I would enjoy it if discord had a section where you could post a link or something that would show up on a page that your friends would be able to see, say if I found a YouTube video and I wanted to show people without being that weird person who sends everyone videos out of nowhere. I could post it on a “Mood” page and my friends would be able to go the mood page and see the posts from me and their friends. I liked this feature on skype... but skype is useless. Just an idea tho, hope…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Custom voice channel join sound

Every time someones joins the voice channel a custom mp3 file plays instead of that two-note sound that plays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The web client should show a person's discriminator when you look at their profile, like the standalone client does

When you view another person's profile on the desktop app it shows their username and discriminator. However when you do the exact same thing on the web-based app it does NOT show the discriminator, only the username. There is no good reason for this, and I believe it was just a programmer mistake to omit the discriminator on the web version.
    This is significant if you're trying to copy a person's username#discriminator to your clipboard. The profile window (on the desktop client) is the only place in all of discord where you're able to select and copy this information. None…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Per user eq like per user volume

There should be a simple high, mid, low eq per user for chat like there is a per user volume in voice chat. Some people's mics are very tinny and this would help fix that. Also some people are sensitive to higher freqs and thats just an added bonus that it helps them

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. permissions

This is a very simple one, that I'm amazed isn't already a thing.

When setting up a role, add a button at the top that, when clicked, automatically sets a role to have (or not have) every permission.

It would be much less tedious to toggle off the permissions you don't want some one to have (or visa versa) than it is to manually toggle every single permission.

Especially when you have a server set up like mine with 10+ categories where every category has to have permissions set up for multiple roles. x.x

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Server Based Avatar

Would be nice to have more privacy features for different servers. Changing Nickname is one. Avatars per Server would be another and hiding real name/blocking pms would be another one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Category name text align

A feature to align the text of a category left, right, or middle.

Upside:
    - It makes it easy to create good-looking separators like ----Voice----

Downside:
    - None. The 'edit category' interface only has the option to change the category name, so more customization would not clutter the interface of that page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop group DM spam:

Recently I have been spammed by someone who has added me to 100's of group DM's. At least add a limit to how many group dm's you can be added to or a cool-down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Configure Do Not Disturb for Desktop and/or Mobile

Do Not Disturb should be a global option to disable notification on all devices.

But for cases where you need notification on particular devices, those devices should be configurable in the Options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it so people with mobile can use video chat and screenshare aswell

Im thinking that discord will make it so mobile users can use video chat
    And screenshare aswell!
    Alot of people have asked for this and i think its time
    That we finally add it!

Mobile video chat and screenshare!
    It would be awesome if that happens!
    I hope discord agrees with this and i look forward to his reaction! :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Server Role Tags

Have you noticed that bots have that [BOT] tag next to them ? Do you have a server and want the members to have a tag based on the roles ? Well, what if we could ? We should be able to manage the role tag on the role settings. That way any member would automatically have a tag next to their names. For example if you have an Admin role on your server, all the people with that role should appear on the chat like <Name> [Admin]. Who's with me ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Linking a discord channel to a specific game on steam

I currently moderate a discord channeled for a video game, its an official channel so its only for one video game. I was thinking how great it would be if the channel itself could be linked to the game (its on steam) in a way that tracked all of the members activity in the game, such as playtime and achievements.
    This would really help tracking activity in the group and be a useful pruning tool for those who are inactive in the game itself as opposed to the discord room. Steam Achievements could even be linked to permissions/titles/icons in the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You should add silent / priority dms

Basically, you have the option to make your dm not make noise on the other person's end, like if they are sleeping, and you dont want them to wake up because of a discord ping, or have a priority tone so it is louder and makes more noise

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. local server for voice/video chat

Sometimes I just don't have a very nice connection to the server. The ping is about 300+ ms even on the fastest server for my location. So it would be nice to have an end to end direct video connection between the computers in the same server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Included Soundboard

A function that allows you to bind sounds to buttons so you can press them on command. Obviously add a function so you can mute that like for tts.
    I am trying to get my friends from using ts to using Discord but it‘s rather difficult and the main reason is that they already have a soundboard for teamspeak and not for Discord

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search By Channel Category

We should be able to filter our searches by channel categories.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Voice & Text Channels in one, like on Battle.nets Social

basicly what Battle.net has in there Social Groups is that you can right click a channel to join its voice channel but if you just click on it, you can see what people wrote in that channel, you can also see like you normally can with a voice channel who is in it but it also functions as a Text channel at the same time... its easier if you just go look at there Social system, give it a look please and tell me what you think, its currently in there beta build but i like the combine thing why…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Local discord servers

The idea is users can open discord without an internet connection, create a local server and put bots onto it. This would be extremely useful to me, and other developers, who don't always have an internet connection but want to work on their bots, or test new features.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 438 439
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base