Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. last.fm account link

Just a simple last.fm account link that shows up on the profile, when you click on it, it redirects you to the profile. Just like the Twitch, Twitter, Steam, etc. link, but with last.fm profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. XBONE app

This will be better than my post on Reddit:
    I have been looking and have not found a Discord APP for XBONE (XBOX ONE). I believe this would be a great and awesome thing to do as the XBONE has way better RAM CPU and GPU % than most computers (not including professional gaming computers) also some people like me like Console Gaming a little better than PC Gamming. I've talked with some friends about this and they agree it would be awesome they also said they could help but with out public voice or the Discord Team or public…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bot override for "Recieve DMs from other server members"

This would be an **extremely** useful tooltip for server owners and bot owners as a lot of bots have to DM their users at one point in time. Mostly sending level up messages, help messages, and etc. It is possible to just spam it all in the channel but some server owners don't want that (custom bots), such as me. Owning yara, I don't want the bots to send images or messages in chat with responses to commands like a help command or a level up command, or some command that spams information that is only useful to that user.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable mobile embeds

On mobile, Discord eats up a lot of data displaying embeds and image previews. It can be disabled but it disables it everywhere and not just mobile.

Can you guys add a mobile only option to disable embeds and previews? It would be very appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move messages from a #Text Channel to an other one !

Move messages from a Text Channel to an other one, for community servers, it would be more clean and professional

For exemple :
    I have a #general channel and a #gaming channel.
    If someone post a game screen or whatever in the #general channel, Admins could take the message and paste it into the #gaming channel (then, the admin ca mp the user to say that he have to put it in the #gaming channel)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Different discord canary "Minimize to taskbar" icon

For your canary users out there.

When you use discord, you can close discord to taskbar, showing it as in the background. To bring it back up, you click the icon in the notification center.

BUT THE ICONS ARE THE SAME! (Discord and DiscordCanary)
    Let's distinguish them with a different color icon!! Maybe a nice orange

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make discord nitro brew a real thing

froth the f**k out of it

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Obvious Unread Messages

Everyone in my channel, as well as myself, keeps missing that there are unready messages in channels we aren't actively in. It would be helpful if there was some way to make this even more obvious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Administrators moving texts and images

I think it would be cool for administrators in servers to be able to move text and images to different text channels as a lot of servers have dedicated text channel topics and certain messages might belong better in a different text channel

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Call Duration Timer

Pretty simple one, folks. Add a timer to the call bubble, maybe near the 'leave call' and settings buttons.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. spoiler

Spoiler tags

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a different profile picture for each server like nicknames

The ability to set a profile picture over your original picture that just shows in that server and cannot be changed by anyone on the server, It can only be set back to the original profile picture by the owner/admins of the server if its an inappropriate picture

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Choose specific games to show when playing, no others

The Games setting allows us to choose "Display currently running game as a status message" and then each added game has its own checkbox as well. I would have guess that meant one of two things:

1. When you choose to display the game currently being played, only show the games that you have checked; or
    2. When you choose not to display games currently running, override this setting for the checked games.

Please let us have one of the above... I would really love to only show certain games.

Also, if anyone knows what the separate checkboxes are for,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. lock/unlock a room on app

The ability to Lock/Unlock rooms on the mobile app. I know this feature is present on PC but sadly it has not been added to the mobile app yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Password to transfer ownership

Being able to put a password to secure the transfer of Ownership.
    It will be more secure

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable DM per in server

For the server owner to be able to disable DM for the entire server.

I at times have problems with people badmouthing each other "behind" the server in DM, its then super hard for the mods to control peoples conversations.
    Usually people who is friends have no problem but i have also had people who is on the server who cant talk nice to each other, but then uses DM to badmouth each other, but still talk nice on the server with each other.
    To sort out who said what, I would have to get screendumps etc, and slowly sort…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. List of users reacting does not use oxford commas

When three or more people use the same emoji to react to a comment, a comma is not placed before the word "and". See this image for why this is a problem: https://i.imgur.com/J0lUeje.jpg

Avoid confusion, implement oxford commas today.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create an option for roles to assign it as a vanity role

Under the options available for roles you have the option to set the role as an Administrator. I think the option to set the role as a vanity role should be available as well. This would basically disable all of the other options from the role (the opposite of the administrator option) other than the option to display separately, the option to mention and the option to assign a color to it.

It would function differently than the other roles in the sense that it will not assume any of the options from other roles as is possible with how…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to view members of a group you're invited to prior to joining

I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to see a list of users in a group you've been invited to prior to joining it. This would be helpful in case there is a person of conflict in said group that would cause issues for you, or someone who you're trying to avoid, etc. It would also just be nice to see who you're going to be in the group with before actually joining it.

For me, personally, I'm not a very stranger-friendly type of person. I have a lot of social anxiety, even over the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Discord Nitro Lifetime Membership

It would be really helpful to simply add a "Lifetime" Discord Nitro membership option (for say around $200-$300), rather than being forced to pay for a monthly or yearly subscription.

This way, it would put far less stress on the user's finances and give everyone an opportunity to use all of those neat features that Nitro provides.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 329 330
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base