Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hypesquad role

Give the possiblity for the serveur admin ton give automatically a specific role for all discord hypesquad

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Permissions & Roles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a custom URL scheme to your iOS App (takes 5 mins of dev time, zero effort, benefits third party sharing to discord)

Add a custom URL scheme to your iOS App, such as discord:// or discordapp:// so that third party developers can query iOS for the presence of Discord on a user's device and launch Discord's app for the user programmatically.

Pros:
    - Takes about 5 mins to do in Xcode: zero developer effort/time.
    - Introduces a way for third party apps to query for the presence of and open Discord, thus increasing the use of Discord (benefitting Discord) and introducing more streamlined and convenient sharing of content and transition from third party apps to Discord (benefitting third party apps and users…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slowmode Setting

Have a channel setting to set a text channel into slowmode. Once you send a message it will put you into 'Unauthorized to send messages' state for the rest of the slowmode duration. This would help because bots have a tiny delay which can make it hard to read when people spam on big servers and also so you don't get your own messages deleted accidently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rank Icons

Ability to assign Icons, 16x16, to certain groups.
    I.e., having a gold crown that will appear next to Administrators, silver crown for Moderators, etc when they talk in chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. draconic

I would love to see draconic added to the languages or atleast support a draconic font. Im a huge DND nerd and would love to see this implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. clyde

updating the errors clyde spits at you.

https://i.imgur.com/SZSsKlz.png Thank Clyde, i thought i was paying for nitro guess not time to check, hey look i am :smiley: {rant basically to ask for updated error messages from Clyde}

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API, Plug-ins, and Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for 'Dual Messenger'

Dual Messenger allows the ability to install dual messenger apps. For example, Snapchat, Facebook and Facebook Messenger has support for this.

This feature installs a secondary app (with the first one fully functional) on your phone which one app can be used for personal use, only the second app can used for business.

A video gives better content what 'Dual Messenger' is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pK9mUoYIio

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a button to ease finding where your friends are

They could add a button in our friends profile showing in which server they are connected to (if we have access to that server/channel).

I created a reddit post to illustrate it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/8eeo09/suggestion_create_a_button_to_ease_finding_where/

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New Emoji

So I stumbled across a glitch, but a good one. The :joy: emoji appeared with the upper lip thicker and the bottom lip smaller with everything squished down together just a tiny bit. I thought it was funny and got a good laugh from it, I enjoyed it so much that I think it would be cool if it was an actual emoji.

Here is a picture of it, compared to the regular one at the top of the picture.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/343489443010969601/438139772452470805/Screenshot_2018-03-06_at_8.32.09_PM.png

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clothing

Personally I would like for there to be a way for HypeSquad members (such as myself) to have a way to be able to get HypeSquad clothing even if they did not sign up for going to event. Also in my mind it could be a interesting market venture because though Discord has HypeSquad shirts already it'd be interesting for people such as myself who want to represent Discord but not at events.. Also I my opinion I think it would be awesome if people who bought Discord Nitro would have a clothing line of it's own because of the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different profile images depending on server

I'd like to be able to have a picture of me for some of my more personal servers and a more vague or server related image for others

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color Categorize Direct Messages

Color categorize options for direct messages similar to how you can color categorize messages in Outlook. (The color only showing up in the direct messages listing behind someone's name / icon.)

And the ability to search for categorized messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Message results for iOS

So, we all know that desktop has search results of how many messages X user has send in total or just in a channel. Then why not implement it into the iOS app as well? As of rn u can see the pages, but i think it would be useful to see how many messages a user has sent as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide blocked users from server member list

Currently, even if a user is blocked, they will still show up on the server member list on the blocker's side. This can be unfavorable if all the blocker wants to do is simply hide the user's name (and the user refuses to change it). I suggest hiding the user in question from the server member list on the side of the blocker only, serving as a more effective block. The blocker can still unblock the user in question from the Direct Messages menu.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. tie dye versions of all the emojis

tie dye option for all the emojis. this is an important addition that me and many others are looking to see from discord

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. complaint

I am trying to find a place where I can contact some sort of customer service but I couldn't find any which only leads to my frustration more! I am trying to find a way to upload a video to a chat as every single time I have tried logging on through my browser I am getting an internal error message. No indication as to what might be causing this message, just a message that read "internal error", I have tried logging on through my browser as i have done successfully on my phone but apparently my email doesnt exist…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn off the "Blocked Messages" thing

When you block someone and don't want to unblock them, and you're in maybe a few servers with them and they had a conversation with one of your friends or someone, or maybe you just want to talk with them, and you want to read it all and not have to click/tap on "Blocked Messages" repeatedly, you can change the "Blocked Messages" thing in options, and turn it either on or off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. categories for servers

Collapsible categories for servers like there is for channels currently.
    So that I can group all my active and inactive servers better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the SMS Backup Authentication description.

The current text, under My Account section, is unclear about certain details that also aren't present in the support pages.

Please consider adding these details to the UI:
    1) The 2FA backup phone number acts as phone verification for the account.
    2) The 2FA backup phone number can be only linked to a single account.
    3) If the 2FA backup phone number is linked to another account it will be unlinked from the previous one.

A simple suggestion for the text is would be:

*SMS BACKUP AUTHENTICATION*

Add your phone as a backup 2FA method in case you lose your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add voice chat to Xbox one

Add voice chat to Xbox one uwp app

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voice Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →