Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audit log if messages are deleted

I agree with the stance it's the user's right to delete their message and have it be deleted, I think it should be logged that a message was in fact deleted, in what channel, by who, and who's message. With reasons. This would allow you to see if a mod is deleting tons of messages for no reason quietly, or if you swear you saw something suspicious and you think it got deleted, you can check that. No message content needed.

908 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bundle action-subject updates together

Subject could be a user, a channel, or a role. Say John gets 10 new roles. These are separate entries now, but it should be because it's the same action around the same user, they get grouped together. Or if #general gets it's channel description updates three times, these are all separate entries, but they should all be put together as it's the same channel around the same action. Makes audit logs a lot cleaner and easier to use.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to minimize the sidebar.

That sidebar is huge, and none of the features on it are necessary throughout all of your use. Just let people minimize it when they aren't using it.

4,919 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

201 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base