Discord Dream Land

How can we improve Discord?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share System Sound

So with screen sharing and video calls just hitting discord, what better way to accompany them than by also adding an option to share your system sound like skype can!

In skype you can share your system sound with your friend without it looping their voice back through, which is super useful for applications such as watching someone play a game, or showing music projects etc!

Also if the system sound is Stereo that would be a step up on skype!

5,537 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

223 comments  ·  Video Calls/Screenshare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement twemoji into the mobile app!

Utilize the current default emoji set for desktop to all devices!
    The way iOS emojis look versus Windows Phone and Android looks way too different! (Not to even mention that brands like samsung and lg have their own versions of emoji as well)
    My suggestion is discord to implement the same twemoji emojis to every device.
    It will help us understand each other better!

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove White Backgrounds From The Dark Theme

The dark theme is very easy on the eyes, and that's what I and many other people love about it. However, there's still some windows that have white backgrounds when clicked such as the user profile window, the emoji picker, the small window that pops up when you click a server name, and the mini-profile window that pops up when you click somebodys name. (The small window that shows the roles people have and such.)

These white backgrounds slightly hurt my eyes as it's against a dark gray background. So changing these white backgrounds to a nice shade of light…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quick Switcher for iOS / Android

Bring the Quick Switcher to iOS / Android.

Those with bluetooth keyboards and the like (In my case, Smart Keyboard on the iPad) can really make use of this feature to easily navigate through Discord without having to touch the screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reorder Server List on mobile

As per existing idea, please can you add the ability to reorder Servers in he list on Mobile apps (iOS/Android), this only appears to work on the Desktop App.

Possibly also the web app too please.

Existing idea: https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10313187-allow-me-to-reorder-the-server-list

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mark as read

Ability to mark a server/channel as read on mobile.

115 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Discord as a replacement to Slack for Developers

As a game developer with a high reliance on a similar product called Slack for all our team communication, I recently came across Discord and have found it to be almost comparable but with one advantage over Slack...real time voice chat channels - this is something that Slack lacks and has me considering switching all of my team's communication over to Discord for. However there are some minor features that Discord is missing, mainly integration with third party software such as JIRA, Confluence and Twitter. With the ability to integrate these systems in a similar way that Slack does I…

256 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Jake responded

Incoming Webhooks have been started on (for a bit now) – and are available on the Canary release channel. We hope to have it on stable w/ docs soon.

Some notable features include:
    – Slack Compatible API layer – meaning every service that lets you specify a slack incoming webhook URL – you can use with Discord. (We’ve tested this so far with BuildKite, DataDog, CircleCI & more).
    – Github/TravisCI support out of the box (with more integrations to come).

Join us on the Discord API server for info & community support for the feature: https://discord.gg/discord-api

8. 2,722 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

213 comments  ·  Text Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Discord Dream Land

Feedback and Knowledge Base