8,687 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wobbly Sausage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • namtar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord has so much servers with discussions going on, so you can add an option to include different modules to your message to make some things easier. Even if pools can be replaced by reactions as vote tool, the comment section would be pretty useful.
    (simple conecpt:

• allan_walpy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a point - bots are already have that function (althoug, for some reason they didn't realize feature with choosing one option only - but it can be easily fixed)

• [BR]John_Magdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it 'd be great to see a feature which we might use it to create a poll/vote on the chat/channels for example 'i wants to create a poll to vote for Promoting someone to Admin (giving him Admin Role)' please

• Death Kitten ☣ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's possible to informally do polling with emoji reactions, but a proper polling function (and the ability to limit who can start one to particular roles) would be nice.

• Cypher_Xero ΩThe_MaddΩ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add a poll feature where you can see who polled for what even on a mobile device, currently you can only use bots for polls and the user names of people who voted is unknown unless your on a pc

• Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Including embedding Strawpolls so Discord users can vote straight from the app or creating your own polling system on Discord would be an incredibly useful tool. This idea has been mentioned on here a few times already and has gotten quite a good amount of votes, but I have not seen (I may be wrong) any response from developers on the matter.
    There have been countless times where being able to host a poll in one of my text channels would have been a great thing to have.

• Jimbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While these would be very nice additions to the Discord App, especially since the UI would be integrated into the app so that you don't have to open up an external link to strawpoll or some raffle site. However, I don't think either of these could really be implemented realistically since it's way too easy to create multiple discord accounts, even with verified email. Also, this might make the UI a little bit too cluttered, and I don't even know how this would be implemented on mobile. Maybe instead of a dedicated drawer, the polls should just act like normal text chat items. Server owners can just create dedicated text channels for them.

• Shahnewaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've always wondered why Discord doesn't have polls. It's such a nifty little feature.

• [G➀AT] ZɪᴘᴘʏZᴀᴘᴘᴇʀ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to see who voted for what. Strawpoll doesn't do this for me. It just allows people to vote. I also want to be able to lock down the vote to only one per user if possible.

• Knight000006 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the latest Discord update, Twitter posts were integrated better when linked. However, when I tested it out, I used a Twitter Poll post, and the poll actually did not show up. Just something to check out!

• Vadorequest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very useful for organizing the team. Like when we need to sync attack and I want to know who's gonna have a 21k army, or 22k army, etc.

• Norris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, the ideal scenario could be made "simpler", something like:

/poll Who wants to go out for lunch? :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

A message "Who wants to go out for lunch?" appears on chat, with :thumbsup: and :thumbsdown: automatically set as reactions (both with 0). The "Add reaction" option would be disabled, and a user could only vote on one of those reactions, disabling the others (or just acting like a radio button). A reaction-like button could also appear for the creator so that he could toggle the poll as finished, disabling all reactions.

But everyone knows nothing is simple. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base