Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wobbly Sausage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

191 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Liggliluff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A benefit of a poll is that the voting result is secret until you make a vote. You could also have the option to limit the number of options you can select.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is now the end of 2017. This has almost 7000 votes and still no update :(

• Gottie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I barely go on websites, and share my opinion on matters of any god damn kind. This idea, of having polls should be implemented into Discord. For serious topics, such as deciding when to plan an event based on the collection of players preferred days to "raid", "clan invasion" or whatever term, the game you are playing bases its co-op events on. Also, for meme-tastic questions such as:

Would you rather have a chick with big boobs and a flat ass(Steak and No Mash Potatoes)?
    OR
    Would you rather have a chick with a flat chest and a fat ass(No Steak with Mash Potatoes)?

Please make this happen, for my TBC guild's Discord can be even more hysterical. Thank you and you're welcome. -Gottie :)

• Johtr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very fond of the Poll feature on Line where I can see all the subscribers to that channel on whether or not they voted on the Poll

• Johtr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very fond of the Poll feature on Line where I can all the subscribers to that channel on whether or not they voted on the Poll

• JacenBoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A system where you could lock a message to only accept specific reactions would be a decent compromise. As is, reactions are pretty awful for polls due to the natural human instinct to be a troll.

• FireController#1847 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Their excuse for fixing the polls suggestion was the "reactions". The issue with reactions is permissions, and a built in polling thing (kind of like Twitters) would be absolutely wonderful.

• Tarek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can easily be done with reactions, just revoke add reactions from people, and put the

• MZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that there should be a permission to set a certain group of reactions for your chat. This could be useful for polls, so let's say I want to make a poll, I limit the reactions to :thumbsup: and :thumbsdown:. Then, people can only use them to vote.

Thanks.

• Bioblaze Payne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if I said This can be done right now as it stands? Would you use a Service that provides instant polls from a single post?

• Y0kenB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idea since 2015? 5000 + votes? can we please have this -- all the current polls are external and ugly. would be nice having a cool graphic bar poll in your style. Discord FTW!

• Salazar Volta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a poll functionality where people can create in a message a poll wich presents options in a list format.
    If the poll options were too many, part of the list would be hidden. For the user to reveal the hidden items it would need to click on a icon to reveal the whole option list.

I believe it would be better to reveal the results after the vote and allow users to set a vote dead line.

There are discord servers who are dependable on services like strawpoll.me. Please make an in-built poll creation system to make it more elegant.

• JustAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All the time on my servers, we're in a scenario when we need everyone to vote on something, and it gets really annoying having t6o either count all the votes or using a twitter or strawpoll...

• Cairo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Death Kitten said "It's possible to informally do polling with emoji reactions" sadly this is a bit messy and unprofessional.

• namtar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord has so much servers with discussions going on, so you can add an option to include different modules to your message to make some things easier. Even if pools can be replaced by reactions as vote tool, the comment section would be pretty useful.
    (simple conecpt: http://imgur.com/a/anlj3)

Feedback and Knowledge Base