Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wobbly Sausage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

182 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that there should be a permission to set a certain group of reactions for your chat. This could be useful for polls, so let's say I want to make a poll, I limit the reactions to :thumbsup: and :thumbsdown:. Then, people can only use them to vote.

Thanks.

• Bioblaze Payne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if I said This can be done right now as it stands? Would you use a Service that provides instant polls from a single post?

• Y0kenB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idea since 2015? 5000 + votes? can we please have this -- all the current polls are external and ugly. would be nice having a cool graphic bar poll in your style. Discord FTW!

• iSaluki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this! It would mean so much to me! I have a few servers and all of them really need this!

• Salazar Volta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a poll functionality where people can create in a message a poll wich presents options in a list format.
    If the poll options were too many, part of the list would be hidden. For the user to reveal the hidden items it would need to click on a icon to reveal the whole option list.

I believe it would be better to reveal the results after the vote and allow users to set a vote dead line.

There are discord servers who are dependable on services like strawpoll.me. Please make an in-built poll creation system to make it more elegant.

• JustAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All the time on my servers, we're in a scenario when we need everyone to vote on something, and it gets really annoying having t6o either count all the votes or using a twitter or strawpoll...

• Cairo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Death Kitten said "It's possible to informally do polling with emoji reactions" sadly this is a bit messy and unprofessional.

• namtar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord has so much servers with discussions going on, so you can add an option to include different modules to your message to make some things easier. Even if pools can be replaced by reactions as vote tool, the comment section would be pretty useful.
    (simple conecpt: http://imgur.com/a/anlj3)

• allan_walpy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a point - bots are already have that function (althoug, for some reason they didn't realize feature with choosing one option only - but it can be easily fixed)

• [BR]John_Magdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it 'd be great to see a feature which we might use it to create a poll/vote on the chat/channels for example 'i wants to create a poll to vote for Promoting someone to Admin (giving him Admin Role)' please

• Death Kitten ☣ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's possible to informally do polling with emoji reactions, but a proper polling function (and the ability to limit who can start one to particular roles) would be nice.

• Cypher_Xero ΩThe_MaddΩ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add a poll feature where you can see who polled for what even on a mobile device, currently you can only use bots for polls and the user names of people who voted is unknown unless your on a pc

• Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Including embedding Strawpolls so Discord users can vote straight from the app or creating your own polling system on Discord would be an incredibly useful tool. This idea has been mentioned on here a few times already and has gotten quite a good amount of votes, but I have not seen (I may be wrong) any response from developers on the matter.
    There have been countless times where being able to host a poll in one of my text channels would have been a great thing to have.

• Jimbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While these would be very nice additions to the Discord App, especially since the UI would be integrated into the app so that you don't have to open up an external link to strawpoll or some raffle site. However, I don't think either of these could really be implemented realistically since it's way too easy to create multiple discord accounts, even with verified email. Also, this might make the UI a little bit too cluttered, and I don't even know how this would be implemented on mobile. Maybe instead of a dedicated drawer, the polls should just act like normal text chat items. Server owners can just create dedicated text channels for them.

• Shahnewaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've always wondered why Discord doesn't have polls. It's such a nifty little feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base