Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wobbly Sausage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

182 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Knight000006 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the latest Discord update, Twitter posts were integrated better when linked. However, when I tested it out, I used a Twitter Poll post, and the poll actually did not show up. Just something to check out!

• Vadorequest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very useful for organizing the team. Like when we need to sync attack and I want to know who's gonna have a 21k army, or 22k army, etc.

• Norris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, the ideal scenario could be made "simpler", something like:

/poll Who wants to go out for lunch? :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

A message "Who wants to go out for lunch?" appears on chat, with :thumbsup: and :thumbsdown: automatically set as reactions (both with 0). The "Add reaction" option would be disabled, and a user could only vote on one of those reactions, disabling the others (or just acting like a radio button). A reaction-like button could also appear for the creator so that he could toggle the poll as finished, disabling all reactions.

But everyone knows nothing is simple. :)

• Sodasaurus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Discord servers should have poll options.

Where the owner (or whoever is staff) can set up a simple and easy poll for the server, enter the answers, etc.

You can also set a specific time for the poll.
    Such as 5 minutes, 10, etc.

The poll wouldn't be normal polls, where you check mark your choice and hit "Submit"
    It will be a different type of interface.

All options will have "up" and "down" symbols, Up for yes, down for no. (Kind of like Reddit)
    The arrows can be the arrow emojis (⬆ and ⬇)
    To give it a sort-of unique feel.

So there's my idea. :)

• Marzipanic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reactions do an okay job of this, but for some polls, you'd want to have additional features, such as:

- Option to limiting users to one vote option only
    - Option to limit amount of time that the poll is open.
    - Keep it in a separate panel, so it doesn't clutter up chat
    - Optional -in specified channel- announcement to conclude results of chat at close.

etc.

• Knightwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would rather want this in vanilla on discord then a bot poll channel would be nice because commands get annoying when there is too many commands.

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make interactive voting in the chat. For a quick vote. It should look just like the 3 buttons, red, yellow, green. And there should be a number indicating the number of votes and percentage.

How will it work? For example administrator asks the question, and said that the red button YES, NO yellow and green I DO NOT KNOW. In this case it is not necessary to fill out a form, and it will know the opinion of the audience.

• Trent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not as quite a needed feature as would be the sub channels (which are coming to discord!!!!!) and calendar module. There are lots of bots that have polls which is why I said its not a needed feature. Just type in carbon discord stats in google. Should be the first link you see. Then click discord on the sidebar on the left and then search through the bots. It's as easy as just clicking add to server and knowing the command to use.

• PunchFox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just get a bot, don't bog down Discord with bloat and crapola that not everyone will use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base