Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wobbly Sausage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

191 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marzipanic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reactions do an okay job of this, but for some polls, you'd want to have additional features, such as:

- Option to limiting users to one vote option only
    - Option to limit amount of time that the poll is open.
    - Keep it in a separate panel, so it doesn't clutter up chat
    - Optional -in specified channel- announcement to conclude results of chat at close.

etc.

• Knightwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would rather want this in vanilla on discord then a bot poll channel would be nice because commands get annoying when there is too many commands.

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make interactive voting in the chat. For a quick vote. It should look just like the 3 buttons, red, yellow, green. And there should be a number indicating the number of votes and percentage.

How will it work? For example administrator asks the question, and said that the red button YES, NO yellow and green I DO NOT KNOW. In this case it is not necessary to fill out a form, and it will know the opinion of the audience.

• Xhell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think bots or reactions fill this feature pretty well already

• Trent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not as quite a needed feature as would be the sub channels (which are coming to discord!!!!!) and calendar module. There are lots of bots that have polls which is why I said its not a needed feature. Just type in carbon discord stats in google. Should be the first link you see. Then click discord on the sidebar on the left and then search through the bots. It's as easy as just clicking add to server and knowing the command to use.

• PunchFox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just get a bot, don't bog down Discord with bloat and crapola that not everyone will use.

• Moose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it being built by hammer and chisel is necessary, a think strawpoll.me being embedded within the client when a strawpoll link is sent

• Moose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would argue that you can use reactions for this or pre-existing discord bots (nightbot, aethex, etc)

• jeffsfolio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a completely separate option to enable reactions to certain types of posts. Not across the board. Perhaps a server based screen that allows the server owner to check the types of posts that can receive reactions.

• Scubadog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to ask which Robbie Rotten emoji I should add next, when I suddenly realised it doesn't have the option to vote and I was thinking of Twitter polls instead.

• Pvpenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much yes! Would love to have native polls in Discord, similar to how Beam and twitch now present them at the top of the chat. Please please please!~!!!

• KSib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't do this with the current permission set? Disable read messages and enable send messages?

• Hydra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something I'd like to see would be the ability to make text chats where anyone can type, but only certain people can read the messages typed there. This could be used to take poles, take in feedback, or allow people to request something for Admins to review.

Feedback and Knowledge Base