Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wobbly Sausage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

186 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CantHealz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to be able to run giveaways from within the blient itself. Users on the streamers server can enter the giveaway via a notification drop down at the top of the Chat section. The Streamer has a button that will choose a random person from those that entered. They may also add a sub bonus to those who are subs to their channel. I know there are bots that can do this now, but would love to see a built in version of this. Also the Ability to add polls within the chat section would also be a nice feature for streamer servers.

• planetary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unnecessary bloat, considering Twitter has this and Strawpoll has this as well.

• Charlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to make this very same suggestion, but figured I'd better do a search first. Glad I did! Voted up!

• Kotcha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A poll would be great but please make it role-based. Don't want to have spammers for polls (hello G+ communities).

• Kissagram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

plus the ability to 'pin' it to the top of a channel (so we could create 'event' channel at low cost)

• Polarthief commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love the ability to add a poll to a post (similar to adding a picture/video link). My guild uses Discord for things like raiding in WoW and plenty of other games. I've set up a chat channel specifically for announcements/news (like what we're raiding tonight), and having a poll in there asking what people would like to do for the night would be really cool.

• Code commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7po5whji5jxf8hs/polls_open.PNG?dl=0

Just wanted to add a concept of what polls should look like IMO. Right now it's missing how the main section of what polls would look like, so if someone else has ideas and wants to reply that'd be great. I definitely plan to create a plugin from their API immediately if the developers decide they don't want to add this.

• Vastrix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even tho 701+ people agreed to this, the devs will probably ignore it anyway...
    Just like 98% of all the other ideas on here..

• Ashe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly can't figure out why they didn't add a downvote option already.

Simply add a "X topics hidden due to many downvotes" and an option to display them. Seems to be a better choice than only having a "Flag idea as inappropriate..." option. Many ideas aren't inappropriate, but are pointless.

• SlickJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe also make it like the YouTube comment system and make it so that people can up-vote or down-vote open ended answers.

If this is integrated I want to know who voted on what. I'd also like to have ballots, and the option for long/short text answers.

At the top of the each text channel there should be a banner that lets you post text to inform your users about important announcements.

If we could make polls within the Discord site/app that would make things simpler and more convenient than having to use other sites. Also please show us what users voted for which options.

• An Owl Called Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like it would be easy (or at least not impossible) to write a bot to do this; have "!createpoll <pollname> <option> <option>...", "!vote <pollname> <option>", "!results <pollname>" - there must be a website with an easy-to-hook-into API for generating pie charts somewhere.

Feedback and Knowledge Base