Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Wobbly Sausage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

195 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alycans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing Discord has become a community tool, I would like Discord to integrate the ability to create:

POLLS
    - Appears at the side, before the server's members for visibility.
    - Enable/Disable Allow Public Voting choice
    - Enable/Disable multiple choice
    - Enable/Disable to allow revotes
    - Enable/Disable time limit for poll
    - Enable/Disable restriction for a certain role.
    - Type of Graph

GIVEAWAYS
    - Title (Appears at the side before server's members.
    - Certain time to run that counts participation.
    - Enable/Disable to Require a role to enter
    - Enable/Disable to automatically enter a role
    - Claim Time limit announcement.
    - Ignore list (for those who abuse it)
    - Require a verified email account.

Both should be shown on a panel for Past events.

• Nobutadas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see polls added inside Discord. My clan started using Curse Voice servers specifically because they have poll features now added in.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would love to see an integrated poll system as well as a giveaway system.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice to have a poll system, so you can quickly create and share integrated polls.

• Noka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing wrong with adding a new potential /<function> in a chat. I'm down for this - a /poll option would actually be fun! Albeit, it might be hard to keep it visible, if it's in-line with the rest of the app text...

• publicFunction commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Polls are a good idea.

Esp for actual real communities that span the globe and its timezones, and not just spam servers that are total free for alls.

• CantHealz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to be able to run giveaways from within the blient itself. Users on the streamers server can enter the giveaway via a notification drop down at the top of the Chat section. The Streamer has a button that will choose a random person from those that entered. They may also add a sub bonus to those who are subs to their channel. I know there are bots that can do this now, but would love to see a built in version of this. Also the Ability to add polls within the chat section would also be a nice feature for streamer servers.

• planetary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unnecessary bloat, considering Twitter has this and Strawpoll has this as well.

• Charlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to make this very same suggestion, but figured I'd better do a search first. Glad I did! Voted up!

• Kotcha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A poll would be great but please make it role-based. Don't want to have spammers for polls (hello G+ communities).

• Kissagram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

plus the ability to 'pin' it to the top of a channel (so we could create 'event' channel at low cost)

• Polarthief commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love the ability to add a poll to a post (similar to adding a picture/video link). My guild uses Discord for things like raiding in WoW and plenty of other games. I've set up a chat channel specifically for announcements/news (like what we're raiding tonight), and having a poll in there asking what people would like to do for the night would be really cool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base