How can we improve Discord?

More sounds!

We need more sounds in Discord.

Maybe like TeamSpeak, or better ^^

- When someone disconnected
- When myself disconnected
- User joint your Channel
- User kicked/banned/leave the channel

Some options make this "pong". but we need different sounds to know what's up. :D

3,303 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Korimoo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Xanemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for real, 2018 and plenty of updates but still can't change my sounds. You guys do great work and the platform is clean and nice but the sound volume is weak and need to be customizable. .

• sabuk_97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better is without that sound. I prefer to make it editable. Who want then that person enable in. But we can at same time disable notification lsot connect etc.

• SphexX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a nice idea, but there should be an option to customize the sounds with your own files.

• Calneva32 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be great, but also on the windows app we should also have the option to use the system notification sound as the message sound. Having the little "Beep" doesn't go well with the way windows 10 notifications work. It just doesn't feel right in my opinion. In addition, maybe give us the option to have separate sounds for messages and mentions. Also maybe consider something like this for the iOS app as well? Please add this (these)! It will make my life easier.

• Raycedni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Id really like the abilty to add costum sounds for every sound, like when a user joins, Obi-Wan say "Hello There!".

• Fishhook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this so much since the newer versions made the sound resource file dissapear.

• Jube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sounds for microphone muting and microphone unmuting are way too similar. I think you should have the ability to change your microphone muting and deafening sounds. It's super annoying to have to double or triple check everytime you want to undeafen or umute.

If teamspeak has one done one thing better than discord it's the sounds and how clear it is what mode you are on.

• Jube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sounds for microphone muting and microphone unmuting are way too similar. I think you should have the ability to change your microphone muting and deafening sounds. It's super annoying to have to double or triple check everytime you want to undeafen or umute.

If teamspeak has one done one thing better than discord it's the sounds and how clear it is what mode you are on.

• Chestarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

changing notification sounds.

example: Chat notification sound, let's say I want to change that bleep sound to a ring. I download the ring mp3 file, and discord allows me to enter in my ring sound.

• Haru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A sound beeb everytime I try to speak while I'm muted... or make differences in notification output and voice chat output... when I don't use my headset i sometimes miss that i got a new message..

• Canonical commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Discord a lot more than Teamspeak 3 but I do miss that "User left your channel". I would love to have the ability to replace the Discord "badong" when someone joins a voice channel with a custom mp3 or something like that so that I could have that little bit of nostalgia from my Teamspeak days.

• JacenBoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A better solution would be allowing custom notification sounds to be chosen from the desktop client. The current sound effects are distinct enough to be less annoying and still achieve the same effect.

• Fedix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an announcer that describes what's happening with customizable voice pack that substitute the actual sound system.
    Examples:

event
    you join a room
    what happen now
    "happy beep emitted"
    what I mean
    announcer says: "connection established"

event:
    an user join room
    what happen now
    "strange beep emitted"
    what i mean
    announcer says: "user connected"

ecc...

• Keyword007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should definitely be able to modify the sounds in discord, being able to change the sound files or uploading new ones to use instead.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base