How can we improve Discord?

Mention bar

I think it's a pain that when you log into your discord account, you have messages people sent you in general chat and have to scroll though all the messages. A mention bar that shows who messaged you and when they did would be very helpful.

643 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AyooitsAbbeh♥ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mippy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already a feature, simply click the '@' symbol on the top right of the Discord client.

• GarethPW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to audit logs but contains a list of the notifications you have received. This could be presented in a list format like the search feature's.

A feature like this would make managing notifications and knowing where a notification has come from much easier.

• Teriowomしね まんこ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, i had an idea that you could perhaps make this little window for notifications when you click on the number next to the channel , because honestly , who wants to scroll all the way through after for example he went on a holiday or so ...So my idea is that the number of notifications that you have next to the channel , you could click on it and there would be time and name of the one who sent you a message and you could just click on it and choose the one you would like to be scrolled back up to , kinda like pins.It would look similar to this (its just a primitive "scheme" to show how it would work and obviously it should be smaller). https://gyazo.com/d8bcc23f99b903c166203f97b32503b7

• Glitchmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, this feature already exists, but it only shows @mentions from the past week. It would be great if you could have an extended history option.

• Acidic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@TZane is there a way to see these notifications again after they've timed out while I've been away from my computer for a bit?

• TZane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There already is a notification if you use in web browser, desktop, or mobile that tells you the channel who & gives a brief message of what they said.

• RFF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love Discord. The app is amazing, you guys are doing a great job.

I have to admit I was slightly disappointed by the implementation of this feature--I run a couple of servers, and one is a league used primarily by guys using the mobile app. We've transitioned entirely over to Discord, but it's a real issue that, as far as I can tell, there's no way to find your mentions on the mobile app.

• Raikiry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally, it's kind of annoying that when you mute or server mute someone, It is the same symbole then if the person muted himself. I mean, sometime, there is a lot people in the server. And if i mute or server mute someone as a kind of punishment, i might not remember that i muted him, especialy if the person disconnected himself for 8 hours and then comeback. Last time it took me like 40 minute to realise that someone was server mute while is punishment was suppose to be over, because i tought that he just muted himself while doing something else. Maybe having a server mute in the red color, normal in yellow color and when someone mute himself in grey. But right now, it's a pain to notice wich one it is. Even more when you are not the only one who can server (other admin). Thx in advance for you understanding! =)

I allready posted a comment on how to improve, but i still got some idea. I'm playing game such as Black Desert Online and most of the channel is really open. I got some room that are only accesible if i move the people in as for an even. But if someone do a lots of trouble, their isn't any actual way to punish that person. The only way is to create a rang and give that rank to everyone and lock every channel to that specefic rank and the other rank above. I think it would be way for simple to had a option in the role system to make the subject unable to move by himself. So that you could have a kind of prison for the people that are doing shit such as spamming, witouth having to kick them. That way, they would still be able to spam while only harrasing those who actually wanna spam with them in the prison channel.

I personally realy enjoy discord. I left skype in order to switch to discords. But their is still one thing that i miss from using skype. It's the oportunity to do screen sharing. When anyone got a problem, it's way more easy to explain it on his screen instead of using screenshot or just talking witouth realy seeing if the person is doing the correct solution to his or her problem. Thank you in advance for adding a screen sharing option :p

• Mojo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion the recent mentions update is below Discord's usually high standards.

There are two major things missing. Firstly we should be able to clear mentions once we've read them. Secondly they should be dated, at least if they are older than one day.

• ☣ Tac ☣ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the new Pin abilities, but would be nice if the pin highlighted when something new came up that I'm yet to read, but this is not what this suggestion is.
    Suggestion is:
    To allow us to @mention certain pinned comments not only for support of that pinned comment, but there may be many pinned comments & annoying to pin point the one certain people are talking about.

• ☣ Tac ☣ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice to see all comments with u mentioned in it. Interesting....
    Would be nice to be able to do this as well on ANY @ or # posted when searching for it.

• SORRY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a bot that @mentions me whenever there are issues etc but I don't always notice if I'm AFK or busy with a game so setting @mentions to go directly to PM's with a sound would be really nice!

• Kotcha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. Sometimes in big public server the app won't even load all the comments and I never find the mention. Something to take us to the mention directly is sorely needed. I hope this gets done soon.

• NicoAiko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, if a person you want to mention with @ by, uses an foreign name or something you can't decipher or reproduce without being forced to copy the name of the person you want to mention, why not use the ID you are given? Since the newest version you have a name and an ID attached to it in your bar. Why not use it?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base