How can we improve Discord?

Generate an invite link to add a user to a role.

When inviting members, and where I have already established that they will be a fully-fledged member of our group, I would like to be able to generate single-use links to invite them directly into a role, rather than inviting them into our server and then having to set the role manually once they join.

530 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

osrel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • wow13524 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a private bot a couple months ago that performs this exact function; It's janky, but I can perfect it and make it public once I have time ;)

• ttv/jasonconstantine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this seriously not being considered? I run multiple guilds for multiple games on a singer server. I would prefer to not have to manage multiple servers. Its way easier to have one server and everyone just get assigned the appropriate role via what link they used to join! PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!!!!

• Neptune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idea : When I make a Server Invite there should be an option where if someone joins with that link they get that role.. but if someone join from a diffrent link they get this role.. U know?

• z3thon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 here. This would be amazing. Specifically if we can specify which role each link is giving the users. Would it be possible to give out specific links for specific roles to be added to?

• Andresov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do discord developers ignore their own forum or was this idea already cast aside? Because this is essential, especially in my case: I'm currently responsible for a channel with over 2k people, and some of the sub channels are supposed to be for users with a game score above x. By assigning a role with the invite, I can just paste the invite link in an email directed at the correct scorers in my excel sheet, it would save me hours of manually going through thousands of people and change role one by one!

• Scoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome for like a stream discord or something. You can have viewers just kinda page through your discord without the ability to spam.

• arcturus125 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i use categories in my server to essentially have multiple servers in one. i do this by making it so that only certain roles can view some categories.

i think it would be a cool idea if (the server owner) could create invites that give you a role (or multiple) the second you join the server.

i know this is kind off possible with some bots, but i don't want anyone who joins to get this role... just the people who use one specific invite that i made.

• -2- commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Normal Instant Invites:
    You can pick a rank to automatically get when someone joins the server. You can also set this up as none.

Instant Invites for Mods/Admins in the Server:
    People Who Have "Manage Roles" and "Create Instant Invites" Can Be Able to Make A Instant Invite That Makes People Get Some Rank/Ranks, if They Join in One Specific Instant Invite

Keep Rank:
    If Someone Gets Banned In A Discord Server, Kicked, Or Just Leave, They Keep Their Rank. You Can Turn It Off and On

--- Please Add This ---

• TyanColte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what i was looking for. We manage a Destiny 2 Clan and we want people who join the clan to join our discord so we can do audio chat for the Raid/Nightfall/ETC. and we get bursts of people joining and we have to set all their roles manually. Putting an invite link that will automatically add the person who clicks it to a specific role will cut out a lot of that manual role management and allow us to handle large influxes of new members.

• Ghost911 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Websites already have this feature, so why doesn't discord have this option built in? come on already. should not be that hard to do this, websites base it off how many post a member does. discord should do that same or how much time they've added up being in the person disc server.

• MrBazibaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would love too see this, i host several difrent game server, having a link on each server too invite people, but only too the section wich they belong too would be awesome, right now i have to manually do it, and i often forget wich makes trolls go into the other games

• Bruised commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much yes here. How is this not even a thing yet? This would literally save several hours of role assigning each day. -.-

I've tried some bots that just don't do this at all.

• Chiether commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    my owned working-group server channels are completely separate.
    eg. #product1 (role: prod1s), #product2 (role: prod2s), ...

This idea is sounds good. Should not keep people waiting for assign.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base