How can we improve Discord?

Generate an invite link to add a user to a role.

When inviting members, and where I have already established that they will be a fully-fledged member of our group, I would like to be able to generate single-use links to invite them directly into a role, rather than inviting them into our server and then having to set the role manually once they join.

326 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

osrel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • MrBazibaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would love too see this, i host several difrent game server, having a link on each server too invite people, but only too the section wich they belong too would be awesome, right now i have to manually do it, and i often forget wich makes trolls go into the other games

• Wrigley (Doomlord) ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Heck yes... i mean i run a Game Dev company via Discord because its easy to keep in touch with other over sea and when i get a new Employee it would be easy to give them a link where they get set to a role instantly

• Kjara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! Single-use isn't necessary to my particular use case (the current permanent invite link is posted on a private guild forum), but at the moment incoming guild members and potential guests have to wait for an officer to promote them out of @everyone.

• ReeverM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it needs to necessarily be one-use only. It should just be an additional option when creating "advanced invite links". It should be possible to set it to however many max users you want, I think it should be up to the users creating it to use it responsibly.

Additionally, I think it should only allow people to add roles for roles under them. Since there is a permission hierarchy, only Admins or Owners should be allowed to add any role to these invite links and mods should not be able to invite other mods, just other users or other roles lower than themselves.

• Roswell Crash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is great, one use only obviously. Wouldn't want someone finding the old link and it working still

• Autonomous DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this too. I was just thinking about this a minute ago of being able to tie a role to a invite that is generated similar to how you can already customize invites in other ways.

• swift2plunder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use this, but my use case includes roles with read permissions, not just management roles, so I'd want the full range of expiry options available.

• Karaoke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also wanted to request this, but not just for single use, I'd like to have it for never expiring instant invites.

• art of revenge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this. But I rather want people to be invited to a quarantine zone instead, so that we don't have to lock down @everyone . Currently the process for setting up a private server is a little overwhelming for new users, and tedious even if you know what you're doing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base