How can we improve Discord?

We blind PC users cannot use the windows app with the screen readers, it needs to be blind friendly accessible via screenreaders like FS JFW

3,635 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HarethHareth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

375 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lex TalionisLex Talionis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for my mom to be able to join us in our gamer family's Discord and keep up with all of us strewn across several states. She is visually impaired and for the moment, left out. I hope you make this a priority.

• EbonwingEbonwing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's disgraceful that discord is still not accessible. It should be a high priority to the devs.

• GhostlyTrickGhostlyTrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a really good idea :o
    i know a few individuals who would greatly benefit from this, it would be a huge help to them and others who need apps with better accessibility and discord hopping onto this would be excellent

• MarniMarni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems pretty horrid to keep this 'hostage' - it's not a huge deal to input and it would up your accessibility!! Communication is hard enough and discord is great, this should be high up on your list!

• AtticaAttica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accessibility is so important! Discord helps bring so many people together, we can't just let certain groups get left out. Especially when it's so easily fixable.

• ArcKotArcKot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont even think people want to have the feature implemented immediately; just that discord is actively working to fix the issue of accessibility.

• zvardinzvardin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accessibility is extremely important. This application should be helping bring people together.

• jazileejazilee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

adding the code for Discord to work with screen readers would be an improvement in the long run - ANYONE can loose their vision through no fault of their own - a person who has lost the ability to see should NOT loose their ability to communicate with people. PLEASE HELP PEOPLE and become a better company in the long run

• philthy413philthy413 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This absolutely should be implemented. A chat program that isn't accessible isn't reaching its full potential.

Please implement screen readers so that Discord can be blind friendly.

• galebirdgalebird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely important. I do understand that there's some text to speech functionality within Discord but that is not an accessibility feature. The app should feasibly be accessible by screen readers so all users can get the full benefits of Discord. Disabled users are still users and still important.

• puncharooniepuncharoonie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accessibility shouldn't be cut short because of a lack of work ethic, empathy, or drive. Communication should be available for everyone! Are you really so bigoted as to not want to provide the best service for all customers and potential customers? Shouldn't that be the bare basics for any communication service? I am deeply disappointed that this hasn't already been solved and implemented, and will be suspending my use of the app if this continues to be dragged out any longer. I can't believe it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base