How can we improve Discord?

Play a sound if you are talking while you have mic muted

It would be nice that if you were trying to talk while having a muted mic it would play a small sound to make you aware.

2,734 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Murray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

96 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Maoman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF does it take to get a suggestion added here? Three years, 2700 votes, lots of comments from people that would love it, and it's even simple to implement.

All this tells me is this feedback page is totally useless and any suggestions we make here, even if they're popular, will be ignored.

• demon646 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wait.. it's really been know for 3+ years and they haven't added this yet? wtf?

• Formymic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add this - Infuriating especially during matches when using open mic. This is a huge feature that has Teamspeak an advantage.

• Syon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is currently my only problem with discord. I think it would be perfect if this was implemented.

• Zaphod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lots of members use an open mic and occasionally mute. This needs to be a thing!

• CASyHD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OH GOD PLS NO, I Hate this on Teamspeak. Make it an option but NOT DEFAULT pls

• Owiion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or make it an option to turn on. Some people I know accidentally mute themselves, and don't notice for a few minutes. I tend to have people swinging by my computer, so I generally know when I am muted or not, and would probably not use this feature. It would be nice to have though.

• CottonEyeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I blame my KD in shooters on you, because this isn't implemented. I go to take a hit of the ol E-Vape, and kind me mutes the microphone. Then I get in combat talking to team mates,and we get wiped, all because I left the damn microphone muted. Please please please get this in ASAP.

• KingBru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cmon guys.... >2k votes....yet you implement a feature for the system tray icon change which has 72 votes...shame!! ding ding ding!! shame!!! ding ding ding!! shame!!!

• Iceberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

contacted support for this issue.. have been sent top this suggestion page.. this post is from 2015 and has over 2000 votes. WHY IS STILL NOT DONE???

• Dunz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

years later still not available and makes discord unusable with certain setups.

• NexuS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I talk and talk and talk and talk. No one is answering to me. I was muted all the time. Really annoing. We need this feature sooo much.

• Lazarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really love to see this rather small and (usually) easy to implement feature, too. Moreover it would close the gap between TeamSpeak and Discord even more because TS has this feature already for a very very long time ;)

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base