How can we improve Discord?

Add Video Chat

Would really make this near perfect, quite miss using this from Skype! Sure it could do done without too much effort eh guys? ;)

8,799 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ricky VineRicky Vine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

396 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cookie ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗCookie ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to see video while in other applications is super important! I would love to be able to see my friends while playing a game.

• RavenRaven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see a video channel as described above, where you can see the host's screen and have voice chat - but make sure it links into StreamKit with/without video!

• DirewolfDirewolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thar would put strain on discords servers. Websites like Rabb.it and watch2gether already exist. So why put it in Discorx?

• Bill CosbyBill Cosby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a way to share videos in a lobby in a fasion similar to Watch2Gether (https://www.watch2gether.com/?lang=en)

Other video sharing ideas on this forum aren't suggested in this way. I'd be fine if it only supported youtube video links. This way it'd be easier for the discord servers opposed to some of the other suggestions because it's not having to upload a bunch a videos, just stream them.

If it performed without major bugs I'm sure a lot of server owners would pay for this plugin. The ability to have open a video channel similar to the text/voice channels. I hate trying to convince my discord users to use websites like Watch2Gether because it just feels like they are missing a lot to make me wanna stay around.

• Mr DuckMr Duck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to see video calls across other applications.

So discord has their new video calls and you go to try it out, you and your friends start screen sharing, you then go into overwatch or another app that covers discord, you now cant see your other friends screens. Have an overlay on the window you're using that let's you see the call.

• kop524kop524 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this will come soon to Beta channel cause I can't really find it now :(
    and I have some friends who would actually leave Skype and others tand move to Discord if Video Chat was avaible.

Cheers, Horacy.

• PancakeGDPancakeGD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the screen sharing thingy is now coming to discord.
    How about a video channel?

It will work the same as Text/Voice channel, but with a change. First person in this channel who has a specific permission (like "Streamer" or something) can decide to share his PC's screen to this channel. Another users that join will see this screen.

#makeDiscordTwitchAgain

• ShotokanShotokan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using Discord for my guild (playing archeage), my other friends gamers, for my personal and family comunication but now, i started to use Discord in my job.. I´m in a little startup, and we can´t really pay for a communication app, then, we can use Skype, but, Discord is SO SO better for real time communication while we are working from home. i Think this:

We NEED videocalls and screensharing. (For personal, gamer and work use)
    We NEED subchannels or channel categories or something like that (mostly for gamer use)
    Should be so USEFUL have a sort of Google Drive share system or connection:
    I think in a new feature that allow us connect out google drive or dropbox accounts, then, we can set in the settings if shared files goes to a folder in our cloud system in a folder with the name of the channel, or something like that.. but, this should be a non-free option... Enterprises can pay for this, i´m pretty sure many ppl will do it.
    We NEED different push-to-talk/voice recognition settings for both channel and private calls. please, i use push-to-talk in channels, but i would like a seamless voice recognition system during a private call.
    And, maybe will be useful can hide ppl in a voice channel. Or hide the entire voice channel, similar to text channels. Useful for Work mainly, then, this can be a non-free feature too.

All this, i think, might make the Discord the first Perfect communication Software in the world.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base