How can we improve Discord?

Add Video Chat

Would really make this near perfect, quite miss using this from Skype! Sure it could do done without too much effort eh guys? ;)

8,713 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ricky Vine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

400 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • musicbug792 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I start a video call and someone joins it, my appearance is blurry. I have camera on, have a type for my laptop, and it still is blurry. Can someone tell me why?

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would completely ditch Skype if video chat and screen sharing was possible for channels, such as it is in Skype for group calls, not just 1-on-1 chat.

• Matrix704 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I try to launch video chat with someone it crashes discord and restarts it. When it loads back up I'm in the call with the person but its a voice call. This happens every time I try and voice chat with anyone and the test video function works fine. I have a Logitech HD Webcam C615. Does anyone have any tricks they used to get around this issue?

• Cookie ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to see video while in other applications is super important! I would love to be able to see my friends while playing a game.

• Raven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see a video channel as described above, where you can see the host's screen and have voice chat - but make sure it links into StreamKit with/without video!

• Direwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thar would put strain on discords servers. Websites like Rabb.it and watch2gether already exist. So why put it in Discorx?

• Bill Cosby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a way to share videos in a lobby in a fasion similar to Watch2Gether (https://www.watch2gether.com/?lang=en)

Other video sharing ideas on this forum aren't suggested in this way. I'd be fine if it only supported youtube video links. This way it'd be easier for the discord servers opposed to some of the other suggestions because it's not having to upload a bunch a videos, just stream them.

If it performed without major bugs I'm sure a lot of server owners would pay for this plugin. The ability to have open a video channel similar to the text/voice channels. I hate trying to convince my discord users to use websites like Watch2Gether because it just feels like they are missing a lot to make me wanna stay around.

• Mr Duck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to see video calls across other applications.

So discord has their new video calls and you go to try it out, you and your friends start screen sharing, you then go into overwatch or another app that covers discord, you now cant see your other friends screens. Have an overlay on the window you're using that let's you see the call.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base