How can we improve Discord?

Windows Phone

Seeing that discord isn't available on Windows phone wasn't surprising, but it is truly a shame.
Windows 10 for mobile is being released very soon, and i dont doubt a second that w10 will change thimgs up and attract morr and more people to Windows phones.
You could also wait for Microsoft's app conversion project to be done and get discord on there with very little effort.

4,791 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Akitake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

615 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • OTP Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows phone discord için uyumlu yapın.Çok kötü.Nasıl
    İndirilemez.discord için uyumlu olsun indirilsin

• Dj Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just imagine, you create UWP app for Windows 10, and it works on Windows 10 Mobile. That's very simple. And, you know, why Microsoft stopping support W10M? They do it because developers like you just don't want develop apps for new platforms, and after 2 years says something like 'Admin' wrote above.

• PANCHO7532 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need support for Windows Phone ;-;
    i know what it is annoying, but if the team cannot publish the app in the store please release an XAP to get it in phone pls

The web version in the system doesn't works fine lul

• TopcowRaven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

windows phone is ending but they just updated a patent for a surface phone using a folded dual screen technology. Hopefully discord will look at an official app for that unless it can run full windows.

One thing I can't seem to get is noticiations to go to my windows lumia 950. I tried using a 3rd party discord app but it doesnt' support notifications. I tried using Microsoft edge and leaving discord open on that and see if the notification center would sync to my phone but It doesn't. Cortana doesn't seem to want to sync discord noticiations whether from Edge or from the Application itself.

If anyone knows how to get chats and @mentions to work on windows 10 notifications on windows phone let me know

• arcpheonix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just gonna bump this thread again. It's true that Windows 10 Mobile (what most call Windows Phone) has been discontinued on the consumer market, only there for maintenance state for who still use it on enterprise.

Thing is, making Discord as a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app would be still relevant especially in the near future. UWP isn't dead and basically the future of Windows app platform that still continues to improve. UWP is used on Xbox One, Windows Mixed Reality platforms which includes HoloLens. Having Discord on Xbox One are highly beneficial for gamers who use that console.

There is also a chance that Microsoft may comeback to release a smartphone-like device in the future. So the Discord UWP is basically will have future unless Microsoft stops developing UWP.

• FireDragon1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Discord on Windows and see no reason why it shouldn't also be on the Windows 10 Mobile platform. I need to be able to use Discord without lugging a 5-pound desktop everywhere I go...

• |NeX| Meta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I read the article that Dabbit Prime posted and all it says is that Windows 8 phones are discontinued due to the new and improved Windows 10 phones. With Universal Windows Platform, there is a HUGE market share to justify making your app available to your users who use a Windows computer which is the vast majority of the Desktop market, which is what Discord is primarily tailored for. I see huge incentive in making an app for not only your Windows Phone users, but also all your Windows Desktop users. Windows has made it very easy for developer's to make apps available to Windows users with UWP and ignoring a lot of your customers because there isn't enough "market share" doesn't justify not taking care of your customers especially with how little time and money it would require. An example of Discord not taking care of its customers in the name of profits has its consequences. As a Nitro subscriber who is subscribed solely to donate and support Discord development, I will be canceling my subscription as I cannot "justify" spending money on the development of a company that isn't interested in developing and I'm sure I wont be the only one who agrees. I hope this decision ultimately loses Discord more money than it saves it.

• ⎛⎝๓๏๏ภ๓คภเเєlєςtгเς๒๏๏ﻮคl๏๏⎠⎞ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did they decline it yesterday? You guys know Clamour is almost is almost a perfect conversion of the application. I understand you want control of what is and isnt represented by your program. But could you at least allow clamour to use an official login process instead of this token nonsense. Its physically possible for us to have a discord app. Its just that you're making it a pain in the butt for people to access it.

• CaptainTetanus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an official windows 10 mobile app. Currently a third party has begun development of an app, but requires donations to male it happen, and they haven't added many features yet. Help them and many other people (like me) by making an official one. Maybe even contact this person and hire them, as they are clearly very skilled.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I immediately stilles using Discord once I noticed that it is not available on my phone and furthermore the web UX is completely unusable.

• Coolkid3426 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be cool to have discord on Xbox one and Windows phone and maybe they both can get exclusive features

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31

Feedback and Knowledge Base