How can we improve Discord?

Activity Log

Administrators should have the possibility to view the most recent invoked administrative actions. More specifically; kicks, bans, creation and deletion of text and voice channels and the assignment of roles to members. This could be worked out in a few different ways:

- A seperate window showing the last evoked actions in a chronologically ordered list showing the action made, the member that evoked it and the timestamp.

- Simply displaying the commands in the chat in the format 'Member did Action.

This could possibly be given a flag in the role window aswell, where without the proper flag enabled the role won't be allowed to view the commands evoked.

1,618 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mvzes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

132 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Li-en commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you could add a log of which user moves another user would be amazing!

• Mr.Cream commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would be good to have also is the ability as an admin t view other admins actions. Like say for instance who kicked and or banned who, who invited people to the server, things like that I just had a huge ordeal with it in discord and was banned for an action that i was afk for at the time of it taking place, but no one could find out. Please get an admin panel like Ventrilo or Teamspeak so mods and admins can monitor their discords with proper evidence and precision on directive actions instead of hunches.

• belungawhale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Showing the deleted message could be a possible security breach (e.g. if you delete a message from a secret channel, everyone can see what the message was)

• Zudox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay so. As far as I can see, you can't see when people delete what they've written themselves. Only when they delete what others write. Is there any way I can see when they delete their own messages, and if not, could that possibly be added?

Another thing. Is it possible for me to see what message was deleted, and if I can't, could this possibly be added too?
    -Sincerly, random person.

• MOMESSO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly we still can't see who moved someone from different voice channels nor who recently joined, like in Team Speak and like the OP said. Also, would be nice to be able to put all the log into a text channel for fast and global access (not only for admins/ with a filter if possible).

• SaltyBunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanna see admins actions as well.i.e. Which admin server muted :fred:..... who's moving Channels, muting, kicking, banning people from my server, rearranging channels anything that can be done should be logged, and who the person was who did these actions.

• Trinket9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it is in development you may just install a bot that does that, like Dyno.

• Highly_Boring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish their was a Log System. This is believe could help to find who sends messages edits the server or roles and which roles I've found that certain bots (Dyno) shows logs but not as extensive as people would want. It could show commands for bots,messages, deleted messages and if someone had moved changed or edited a role. Instead of saying new role edited or new role added for roles that were edited or added (this gets annoying to look at). Also who changed whos name who muted who who deafened who who moved who who banned who Etc. (you get the picture) vote if you want this idea and give comments on what else I didn't add.

• jimstr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is soooo important! there is trouble and no way to find the culprit!! D:

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base