How can we improve Discord?

Tell me when someone was last online

Tell me when someone was last online, so for example '5 hours ago', '3 days ago', '1 week ago'. This would allow us to see people who are perhaps becoming inactive within a group or community, thus allowing the admins to target said person to make sure they enjoy their stay in Discord.

8,718 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

162 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FubarXS2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand. There is 8 692 vote for this and nobody from developers does not do anything about it. I agree. Need this for my server too because I need to monitor my A-team.

Do something with it @Developers !

• Krui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Gamming community is hard for admin to keep track on who is active or not and TeamSpeak and Ventrilo have it why not Discord is kinda hard for os admin´s out there who like ppl to be active Thx you if you read this if not that not ok

• ItsJademo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with your reasoning, I think it should be somewhat controlled by the user themselves. A basic "show/ don't show" option.

• hiccups commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Please. At least a rough indication (one day ago, one week ago, more than 2 months ago). I have a lot of members/friends and people haven't felt online for months. But it can also be that they are only online when I am not online. This feature would help a lot.

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, the prune command is next to useless for knowing who's inactive and this one would show you more in-deth details on people's activity.

• Kazimier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would really like to see this added for server admins or through a permission via roles, would make it great for managing roles on users without removing the user(s) from the server. also prune does nothing for my server because just about everyone has a role based on their rank in the game that the server is used for, which makes it hard to see who has been inactive

• Matty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don’t you add like when a account was last active when you view the profile? That way we would know if the account was inactive or not

• Agros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already a feature to prune inactive users from a server. Also, I already hide last online thing from my whatsapp for a reason.

• Cryoes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a good feature. If you're worried about someone stalking you than remove them from your friends list.... lol

• Chara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noooooooooooooooo thank youuuuuuuuuu.
    That's a one way ticket to people feeling bad, people getting stalked, and people stalking.

• Skorpsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knowing when someone was last online can be useful, (primarily for other people) and it appears to be a function on the PTB version of discord, but maybe I don't want others to know when I was last online? Please give an option in the settings where individuals can choose whether to have this function turned on or not.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base