How can we improve Discord?

Tell me when someone was last online

Tell me when someone was last online, so for example '5 hours ago', '3 days ago', '1 week ago'. This would allow us to see people who are perhaps becoming inactive within a group or community, thus allowing the admins to target said person to make sure they enjoy their stay in Discord.

8,369 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Agros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already a feature to prune inactive users from a server. Also, I already hide last online thing from my whatsapp for a reason.

• Cryoes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a good feature. If you're worried about someone stalking you than remove them from your friends list.... lol

• Chara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noooooooooooooooo thank youuuuuuuuuu.
    That's a one way ticket to people feeling bad, people getting stalked, and people stalking.

• Skorpsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knowing when someone was last online can be useful, (primarily for other people) and it appears to be a function on the PTB version of discord, but maybe I don't want others to know when I was last online? Please give an option in the settings where individuals can choose whether to have this function turned on or not.

• uhh uh uh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can`t tell whether my far-away friends are dead or just ignoring me. Please add this feature.

• xwolf572 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have to say this would be great as i'm working on a project with someone and haven't heard from them in over a month. this would tell me if they haven't been on or if they just not messaging me.

• FireblazeYT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lot of inactive friends (that I no longer share servers with) and I'm never sure if they have just disappeared from Discord entirely or if they are just always online when I'm not. A "last online" feature would be nice, if when you click on their profile when they're offline it displays a "Last Online: <date/time>", where the "Playing" status normally is. It could also be disabled, apply only to friends, or apply to everyone.

• Bilbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Конечно было бы отлично иметь такую функцию в приложении!!!

• EpiclyPixelated commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See when users were last online (Green or Red Statuses). If someone is AFK or Offline then it will show the minutes, hours or days someone has been offline in DMs right next to where it says the person's name and their aliases.

• Jack_McKalling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is good to know, when you haven't heard of a contact since a certain message of yours, and want to check whether they have logged in since you posted it.

• Cib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many websites and apps have them displaying the last time the user was online. On member profiles, a tag reading "Last Online [time] [date] [year]" would appear when user hovers cursor over Status circle https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/412096388604755970/431006267767783434/lastonline.PNG?width=400&height=84 as shown in the picture. As Discord allows users to change their Online Status, this could be changed to "Last Activity"

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base