How can we improve Discord?

Highlight Words, for Custom Notifications / Mentions

Allow users to provide a comma separated list of words that will trigger a notification, so you will be notified if someone is talking about you without using the @mention syntax, or if you have a nickname that people often refer to you as besides your username.

In Slack, these are called Highlight Words, and your username minus the @ is automatically one.

768 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

remi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

75 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Trollsamaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is one of the fundamental reasons I Installed better Twitch TV on twitch. Its such a simple tool but is unbelieveably handy to have, Expecially when you are in a role of power on a server.

• Sonoroman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! This would be a helpful tool for everyone involved in a big channel with dozens of messages by day.

• Nidania commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom notifications are a must in my opinion.

Yes there are bots for this but in most groups you can't just add your own bot. This should be an integrated feature.

• NitroKoS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love to see this for some of our pokemon go channels! Would be an amazing feature.

• SiliconSentry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This absolutely needs to be a function, I'm a moderator on a huge server and miss messages to/about me at times because I only get notified for @ mentions. I'd love to be able to set portions of my username/full username in any chat to ping me.

• merlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful for Pokemon Go groups. Everyone has different Pokemon they are hunting for and might only care about alerts for those

• MetaKnight145 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be completely necessary to have the option to get notifications for messages from specific people along with this..

• ShriektheMighty (ze/hir) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was honestly very surprised that discord didn't have this feature. If I had to choose between slack and discord, not being able to pick highlight words in discord would make me choose slack, no question.

• Avalai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic addition. I've really missed this feature in Discord when coming from some other chat platforms.

• ttcorona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! It would be great to be able to get a notification when a specific word is said in a channel, e.g an item in a game's marketplace

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base