How can we improve Discord?

A WIDGET like voice but for CHAT

We would love a widget to embed on a website that is JUST a specific chat channel from a specific discord channel!

564 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

tr1age shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bachelor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this - I wrote a reverse proxy to be able to embed discord chat on our web, but with the latest changes to your Recaptcha configuration, this no longer works. Without a widget for chat, we will have to look for other options than discord.

• Vashnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The website that I administrate the forum for uses Chatango as the embedded chat service across all our sites and Skype for the monthly community get together in voice conferences. The forum serves as a permanent-records hub for all our sites within our network and the chat serves as a instant communication for users to get support for our site by other users, anons, and staff. It would be beneficial to our community and become a major talking point for me, and fellow staff in favor of Discord, to use to urge the site's network owner in moving to Discord and dumping Chatango and Skype altogether. This would also benefit Discord: 1) by the increase in it's potential use 2) exposure to new users 3) increase in potential "Nitro" users.

• Patrick71 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’d like to recommend BugRem.com tool, it is the good alternative. For me, it is important to do not slow down your website speed.

• XCanG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea is having some element and JS or IFRAME to some discord chat, when page is loaded loaded chat also but in that minimum chat excluded (or can be configured) several things, like youtube video can be configured in iframe. So you will get probably one chatroom (can't switch to other room or switch server) and you send messages from your discord account.
    If it iframe then no need to extra logined, if it JS, then login and get OAuth2 token for that.

• Renato725 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could create a widget for chat, where the owner of the server would choose which channel to put on the widget and be usable on websites. The widget would have two forms, the minimized: where it may be the style of the current widget; and the maximized one, which would have a shoutbox style. The user would log in through the browser page and could use the account on any site with this widget.

• Galen Startrader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinda surprised which such a nice webchat system that this is not only not a feature, but you have iframes blocked as well. Kinda kills it as a "community" chat. A lot of people, especially newbies, don't want to download anything.

• Drew Van Camp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i was just searching for how to do this, would love this feature! discord is the best community tool i've used to date and would love to use it everywhere.

of course, one problem with this might be how to handle first time visitors. if you don't put a limit, then web traffic becomes chat spammers and if you do prevent immediate access then it basically breaks the ability for newcomers to try to use it because far fewer people are going to sit on a webpage for 10min before they can chat. how to resolve this???

• Yvonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy smokes so much yes on this suggestion. An iframe code that I could utilize to embed into my jcink forums would be amazing! It would completely dismiss the need of a cbox, or other chat service, and mean I can rely entirely on Discord, which is something I absolutely love! I also agree with the addition of a guest friendly option. Even if it's just an admin setting where I can set a Discord CHANNEL to be 'guest friendly' so that they can talk in there, and register to talk in the rest of the channels. This would be an utterly amazing update to have for this app.

• Hidden Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be done, but depends on what your wanting it to actually do, are you wanting it to be a basic chat?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base