How can we improve Discord?

Add a kick/ban notification

Whenever you're kicked/banned from a server, give the mod/owner a box to place a reason and then whenever you're kicked/banned it'll come up in a place for notifications so you know why. It's better than having to track down a mod to figure out why you were banned/kicked

4,276 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GuggyGuggy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jboppjbopp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was kicked or banned from a discord server and never got a reason why is their any why i could find why the server name was at the time Legion Oft The Mountain.

• IvandsiIvandsi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kensik, if you are banned or kicked from the server without notice, you would at least want to know what did you do wrong and apologize in case it wasn't something you did on purpose.

There's also the fact that some mods can be assholes and ban you bc they dislike you or for fun, I'm pretty sure in those cases you also want to know why or when.

I mean, right now if you get banned or kicked, you don't get told that it actually happened by the App. You just log in one day to Discord and suddently one of the servers you are in dissapeared.

• AGK47AGK47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know, we could really use this, at least for kicks, unbans, etc.

• KensikKensik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should only happen if it sends notifications to the admins and mods. If your kicking or banning someone from a channel or something there is no reason that person should know why. Probably isn't a good reason why they are being banned or kicked in the first place.

• GiantsgiantsGiantsgiants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this as well. I got kicked from a server and tried talking to the mods but they refused to tell me what I did wrong. If anything, I think having to fill a reason should be mandatory. It's like being thrown in jail without any idea of the crime you've omitted.

• BlazyBlazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When someone gets banned send them a pm with a reason

for example

Clyde: You have been banned from "Generic Server" for being a raider

• ExanimemExanimem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now solely having reasons for bans is a bit lacking. Reasons for kicks and unbans would especially be useful but for all changed a reason couldn't hurt. Why're you changing this channel permission? Why're you creating a new role? Why're you creating a new channel? All could be useful. I suggest at least adding kick and unban reasons and consider reasons for everything else.

• -inity-inity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted for this. Technically, you could use a bot to do a semi-decent job of this, but we run into a couple problems with using bots.

The primary problem when using the DM approach: People can prevent bots from DMing them through blocking or the "friends only regardless of mutual server sharing" setting.

The workaround? Use a public Discord channel instead. But then you run into two more issues. The first issue is that bans have to actually be indefinite server mutes issued via the bot and NOT by Discord... and that these mutes turn into actual bans once the user leaves the guild. Otherwise, how will a user be able to see their ban message? They'll be kicked out immediately. The second problem with this is the more obvious one: Public disciplinary messages that everyone in the server can see.

So, given these bot limitations, I feel a Discord implementation of ban messages AND ensuring these can be used in the API as well are the best solution. Perhaps Clyde could be the one to send the message?

• TitanTitan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a clan I been in for like 2 months. Right its mine. so I have atleast 60 players in my chat. And for some reason.
    Everyone is getting kicked 1 by 1. I cant stop it. We dont know who is doing it until everyone is kicked out which is just annoying. Please add a notfication which allows admins/owners to see who kciked/banned them form the chat which allows discords not to get nuked/destroyed easily. Thank you. Titan

• GhosteGhoste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you want to ban someone, people should be able to put a reasoning to ban the person, and a bot (like Clyde), can message the person who was banned the reason why.

• kasai」「yuppakasai」「yuppa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should kick/ban first but require a reason in x amount of time or it undoes itself.

remove havoc but requre some form of info

• When Jason was at da table IWhen Jason was at da table I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THER NEVR GONA DO THIS LOL THEY WANT U 2 THINK WEN U GET BANNED THAT IT WAZ JUST AN ERROR AND THAT ERROR IS STAHPONG YEW FROM REJIONING. BUT I LEIK THE IDEA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• andwan0andwan0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incase we have a long list of discord servers, then one gets deleted, it's hard to know until much later when we decide to post to it.
    Would be helpful if we get instant notification when a discord server is deleted (or we get kicked out)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base