How can we improve Discord?

Add a kick/ban notification

Whenever you're kicked/banned from a server, give the mod/owner a box to place a reason and then whenever you're kicked/banned it'll come up in a place for notifications so you know why. It's better than having to track down a mod to figure out why you were banned/kicked

6,752 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Guggy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

156 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • badguy (ky) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be informed when a server i'm in is disbanded withought me being told, or if i was banned/kicked while i was away

• Malus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

despite so many people wanting this, discord still hasnt implimented it. whats going on?

• Malus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some people are in many servers. 10, 20, 50. It can be difficult to figure out which server you've been kicked from. So why not have a notification appear? You deserve to know if you've been kicked or banned.

• Vandereems commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so when someone kicks/bans you from a server that ClydeBOT will say why you were banned or just sends a notification that you were kicked or banned

• Matt_B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BUG: When you try to join a server from which you've been banned, the invite comes up as "invalid or expired" instead of "banned" It took me over a week to find that I'd been banned from a server for not having a profile picture.

On the subject of notifications about whether or not you've been kicked or banned, it's also EXTREMELY bad communication when servers just silently *disappear* after you've been banned or kicked. I was left wondering why I no longer had the server in my sidebar, with no indication at all that I had been banned. Instead it would be much better if the server tab persisted, but was frozen so that you could not see new messages after the point at which you'd been kicked or banned and could not respond or otherwise interact. This would go a long way toward transparency as to what's going on, and would let people read over messages that explain what let to the kick or ban.

• Visy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can get behind this, becuse it’s seriously one of the most frustrating things to just find a server gone from you list and having no way to ask why (becuse you can’t DM moderators)

• Cheezypumpkin99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When someone gets banned, if they try click on the link, instead of it just being invalid have a pop up with the ban reason on it

• Cray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It already exists... Maybe it isn't visable and you can't see it, but as a mod myself, I know you definitely can.

• Shentino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know so much if the moderator should be required to give a reason (though it is certainly a good option).

More importantly to me though is generating some kind of diagnostic for the banned user so that they know that they were, in fact, banned from the server and that it wasn't randomly deleted.

Idea:

* The server in the server list turns into a white X in a red circle, and a tombstone is left behind with the server's name (or perhaps, the server's name at the time the ban was issued)

* Clicking on the server just brings up an error message saying the user is banned, and optionally: the reason for the ban, and when the ban is set to expire (if ever)

Come to think of it a similiar process would be useful to indicate if a server has been deleted. Leave a tombstone behind with an error message.

• Tornadic44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be v e r y nice to see that when you are banned from a server, and somebody shows you an invite to the server you are banned, it will say "You are banned" instead of saying "Invite Expired"

• Astral Haze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That, or letting the admin choose wether the one getting banned sees the screen. A custom message is probably good, too

• WindfallX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. Things like this should be added, and not just because The thousand some people that support it. Because it is a good idea! It was well presented as well, with concept images which i personally would like to see more often.

• Thunder33345 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please no more "Invalid or Expired" just be straight forward, no passive aggressive actions
    People who say that server owners dont want it, you could just visit the link using incognito/logout
    It's as useless as blocking someone to stop them from viewing your tweets on twitter

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base