How can we improve Discord?

Add a kick/ban notification

Whenever you're kicked/banned from a server, give the mod/owner a box to place a reason and then whenever you're kicked/banned it'll come up in a place for notifications so you know why. It's better than having to track down a mod to figure out why you were banned/kicked

6,484 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GuggyGuggy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cheezypumpkin99Cheezypumpkin99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When someone gets banned, if they try click on the link, instead of it just being invalid have a pop up with the ban reason on it

• CrayCray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It already exists... Maybe it isn't visable and you can't see it, but as a mod myself, I know you definitely can.

• ShentinoShentino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know so much if the moderator should be required to give a reason (though it is certainly a good option).

More importantly to me though is generating some kind of diagnostic for the banned user so that they know that they were, in fact, banned from the server and that it wasn't randomly deleted.

Idea:

* The server in the server list turns into a white X in a red circle, and a tombstone is left behind with the server's name (or perhaps, the server's name at the time the ban was issued)

* Clicking on the server just brings up an error message saying the user is banned, and optionally: the reason for the ban, and when the ban is set to expire (if ever)

Come to think of it a similiar process would be useful to indicate if a server has been deleted. Leave a tombstone behind with an error message.

• Tornadic44Tornadic44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be v e r y nice to see that when you are banned from a server, and somebody shows you an invite to the server you are banned, it will say "You are banned" instead of saying "Invite Expired"

• Astral HazeAstral Haze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That, or letting the admin choose wether the one getting banned sees the screen. A custom message is probably good, too

• WindfallXWindfallX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. Things like this should be added, and not just because The thousand some people that support it. Because it is a good idea! It was well presented as well, with concept images which i personally would like to see more often.

• Thunder33345Thunder33345 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please no more "Invalid or Expired" just be straight forward, no passive aggressive actions
    People who say that server owners dont want it, you could just visit the link using incognito/logout
    It's as useless as blocking someone to stop them from viewing your tweets on twitter

• R3tikleR3tikle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like it should make it so the admin can say something like "get banned fgt"

• depwl9992depwl9992 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking that "banning" denotes that you did something bad and they don't want you there anymore. There IS the case where membership is temporary, and after 30 minutes or an hour or whatever, you're kicked, but not banned. Important to distinguish between the two cases and notify the user accordingly.

• XbladeXblade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is fantastic because I spent an hour trying to figure out why the heck this guy was showing an expired link. VERY not intuitive and creates nothing but confusion. If the guy is banned, he knows what's for.

• XbladeXblade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yea pls don't show WHO banned you. Just "a server admin" will do nicely.

• SimsSebastianSimsSebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very good, but I'm not sure displaying the user who banned you is a great idea. Retaliation could be an issue and I wouldn't want my moderators to be discouraged from doing their job just because they are afraid to be attacked for banning someone.

• SansSans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It would also be nice for Admins to see the ban reason when another Admin bans someone.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base