How can we improve Discord?

Add a kick/ban notification

Whenever you're kicked/banned from a server, give the mod/owner a box to place a reason and then whenever you're kicked/banned it'll come up in a place for notifications so you know why. It's better than having to track down a mod to figure out why you were banned/kicked

8,184 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lyriati shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

190 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • skilligan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a server admin and accidentally kicked/pruned/banned someone - how do i get them back/remove whatever I did?

• Aeri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copper, Ideally there should be an appeals process, I got banned from a server by accident once and there's no way to get back in at all. I don't think this should be the case.

• CopperHead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you get booted out of a server, it is because you are no longer welcome on that server. I legitimately don't understand why you need clarification on that.

• Yrôs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever you get kicked/banned from a channel (or simply that this channel got deleted), if you weren't there at the time of the event (or simply didn't see it) you will only see a server disappear from your list without knowing why. In fact you might not even notice it for a while if you have a long list of servers.

My suggestion is very simply and straightforward : have a userlog in the user settings which would display any event related to the user such as:
    - Being kicked/banned from a server
    - Having a server you were a member of that got removed
    - Having your roles/permissions modified on a server
    - etc.

In case of a kick/ban I also want to add that it would be extremely appreciated if we also got access in the logs to the few messages before and after the kick/ban in order to understand why it happened (and potentially being able to get back in the server after apologizing or moving the discussion to the admin of the server if it was, let's say, a moderator which whom you had an argument and abused his position).

At the moment, kicks and bans are heavily unfair to the users since it gives no explanation whatsoever and you're simply left in the dirt trying to understand what happened when you weren't there.

• nathanielcwm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should get a message automatically from discord with the reason of your ban and the server that you got banned from.

• SaturnineRays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the reason box would be nice, I mostly just want to know if I was kicked from a server, or if the server was deleted. Having no message whatsoever when a server is removed from your account is really confusing.

• ThatProgrammer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, you have no idea how annoying it is... we have to use bots to ban people to get them a reason, but even then... we are stuck in the situations that some people have their direct messages off so we can't warn them and so on... this would be an amazing feature in my opinion.

+1

• Eqilux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bots can already do this, but still a good idea for it to be official. +1

• KurtDerKnispel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically a user is a guest at the server of the creator . So a user can be kicked / banned any time without a reason or an explanation .
    Always sticking to good manners should make sure there is no need for the suggested feature , but sometimes people misunderstand each other .
    So I suggest to implement this and make a reason mandatory and make it mandatory to acknowledge having read the reason , so both parties are forced to think about the incident .

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base