How can we improve Discord?

Ability For Admins/Mods to move message posted in one text channel to another

In case people post a message in a text chat that belongs in a different channel, it would be nice to be able to assign the ability to move message from one channel to another to specific roles (ie Admins/Moderators).

Example:
Someone posts an article link about WoW in the Starcraft channel. Instead of deleting/reposting it would be nice for a mod to just move the message to the correct channel. The message would appear in the new channel as posted by the original poster with maybe an additional note that a mod moved it there.

2,838 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Diamondclaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

337 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Br00sclaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, even though I'm not a moderator. Discord is the best thing that has happened to online gaming but this issue needs to be resolved between users if all stripes... between moderators to regular users.

• Redivh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just adding my comment here to hopefully add to the demand. Honestly anyone reading this comment should share this post in their discord and help get it votes/comments.

• Bricelar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be fantastic. I've got just a couple server members who cant quiiiite figure out what should go where (its pretty damn clear to everyone else), and it would be nice if I could just, move it without deleting it (which i hate doing)

• mwni1337 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey,

aren't bored of having people typing bot commands on public chat and stuff? Well, If you have a certain permission, you can move a message to a channel of your choosing example

PLAYER 1: Types Hi to bot commands
    The moderator goes and move the hi to the public chat instead of the commands.

That would be great, not only for commands and also for other conversations.

• Dalten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As small servers grow, and more channels pop up, it'd be great to sort out stuff from an old catch-all channel, so you don't end up with a lot of empty unused channels right off the bat. A feature like this would be hugely appreciated, please.

• Zikrayrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded. Some people are absolutely lazy and post whatever without giving twenty toots whichever channel they are posting it in. Having the ability to move instead of deleting and posting again would help tremendously. Without having me re-notify the entire damn channel again with reposted content.

This is a long time coming.

• BlueNoiseZZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability To Move Comments or Pictures
    There should be a function to move comments or pictures to other chats or channels on your own servers. This would make it easy to place comments or images in the right areas of each servers chats or categories. Its better than having to delete and then repost when you can simply move it to its proper chat.

(i.e under the icon where you can pin, edit, or delete a comment or picture, there should be an option as well where you can also move a comment to another chats)

Note: This option should be a server option that would be allowed, disallowed, or limited by the admin of the server.

• Mata-Ratos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can u give the option to transfer some message from one text channel to another. This would be a very good option on our Discord servers.

• JustJacobGamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why not an ability to move posts to different channels? it could be a permission you could assign to roles and if someone has that permission they can move a post from where it was posted to a different channel, i think this could be really useful when you want to delete a channel but spare the posts made in it.

• Antoha_HS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will be Great just Drag and Drop messages up/down and to the other channel!
    Please do it Discord!

• DeathMinister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLS! There's so many cases with inebriated people who post stuff in a non-NSFW channel. I don't want to ban them, I don't want to take credit for their posts, and I want to keep explaining to other admins why, to them, it looks like I outright deleted someone's post for no reason.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base