How can we improve Discord?

Ability For Admins/Mods to move message posted in one text channel to another

In case people post a message in a text chat that belongs in a different channel, it would be nice to be able to assign the ability to move message from one channel to another to specific roles (ie Admins/Moderators).

Example:
Someone posts an article link about WoW in the Starcraft channel. Instead of deleting/reposting it would be nice for a mod to just move the message to the correct channel. The message would appear in the new channel as posted by the original poster with maybe an additional note that a mod moved it there.

3,052 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Diamondclaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

373 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HuggyDeathBunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here i am desperately searching HOW to do this, and all I find are people asking for it to be implemented! Doh! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp!

• Majickian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My development group uses Discord to brainstorm and for its voice option. It only recently came to our attention that moving messages wasn't a feature for moderators. This would be an immensely useful feature to have for moving off topic or new ideas that don't meet the channel topic in this example. I am surprised this does not have more up votes in 3 years. This is a basic feature of 10-15 year old forums.

• Sunblade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you can edit and delete other users’ messages with the Manage Messages permission. It would be great if a move message option could be included in Manage Messages. That way you could a message to another channel in case a user has posted accidentally in the wrong channel

• TheMegaEagle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creative idea. I would use this as well because I also find myself in a need to move messages. I would also add a cross server compatibility.

• Shamus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone who mods a server knows the pain of people putting memes in your general text channel. Im suggesting give mods the ability to move a post from one channel to another.

• Narmdo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also ideally would unmark that channel as 'unread' if that was the only message posted. In our server we have a bot which filters particular content in some channels, deleting it, and posting in another "@X said in blah: 'Talking in the wrong channel'".

It's annoying because it semi looks like the bot is saying that, no pfp for the speaker, but also because it leaves the other channel marked as unread.

• sunk818 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for suggestion. other thoughts such as pruning, splicing (combining comments, like ppl that don't understand you don't have to press enter every time), etc.

• Stealth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This and other similar Moderation features that can often be found in Forums these days would be awesome!

• KinglyCapybara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to move posts to more relevant channels would be a great feature for servers that have text channels for different topics. The only alternative right now is to either notify the original poster that they will need to repost their comment into the relevant channel or copy and paste it yourself.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base