How can we improve Discord?

Ability For Admins/Mods to move message posted in one text channel to another

In case people post a message in a text chat that belongs in a different channel, it would be nice to be able to assign the ability to move message from one channel to another to specific roles (ie Admins/Moderators).

Example:
Someone posts an article link about WoW in the Starcraft channel. Instead of deleting/reposting it would be nice for a mod to just move the message to the correct channel. The message would appear in the new channel as posted by the original poster with maybe an additional note that a mod moved it there.

3,246 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Diamondclaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

403 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a feature yet? come on disco-devs, work some magic :D

• Faelandaea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my vote for this as well. I have a LOT of posts I wish could be moved to a specific channel and cannot do so, but I do not wish to delete the posts and make folks think I am just trashing their comments and feedback.

• LivingSuSpence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this so badly. It would also be useful when you're building a discord and you decide to make a new channel for a certain category of posts because they are clogging up another channel, you can move all those posts to the new channel you want them in but they will still keep their original post dates and everything. Also the new channel wont look so deserted missing all the associated posts. pls pls pls add this feature

• Anabella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so needed and I can't believe that is hasn't been added to the app yet.

• TrueSelf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is the only possible way to avoid off topic conversations +1

• ScDK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to see this implemented, even more so if there was a bulk-moving option, to move an entire 30+ message off-topic conversation to the right channel, without having to go one-by-one.

• ceroshiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very useful +1
    I have one person in my chat who is always too lazy to use the correct channel and it's getting on my nerves.

• MidnightWonko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen! This would be an INCREDIBLY useful administrative ability. A Discord server where I'm an admin has a channel for stream announcements, but not everyone's posting links to their streams there yet.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base