How can we improve Discord?

Show Twitch Username in API

Please show the Discord member's connected Twitch username in the member object in the API. This will allow us to make Twitch API calls about that member without having to maintain a database of usernames to IDs. Thanks!

919 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DBKynd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MandL27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

over a year later, still no implementation. </3
    This'd make it way easier to sync roles between a Twitch stream and the streamer's Discord server.

• DBKynd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Fishy How is it possible with the current user API?
    Through /users/@me/connections?
    This only returns data about the singular, auth'd individual.
    What we need is for the server owner to be able to see all the member's connected integrations.

We had a Twitch user banned in Twitch chat, be able to subscribe and join the Sub only Discord.

Without forcing users to auth a bot to make the api call to check before they can speak in chat, you can't tell who is who if they change their Discord name and don't share it on their profile. (Which you can only see with a user bot the last time I looked into it...)

Server Owners should be able to authorize a bot to check ANY members connected account names or ids or whatever, regardless of if they want to share it on their profile for others to see. Especially if Discord servers are centered around these communities they have integrations for.

@Stanislav - Still hoping to see more from this.

• TheAngryGinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One year later and I'm still hoping this happens. It would have saved me the last three days of my life trying to find a workaround.

• Maeglin73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to hear that this is planned for the future. I'd like to do voice chat access management with my Twitch bot similar to what Discord currently does for Twitch subscribers, and being able to match usernames between Twitch and Discord is the missing link.

• DBKynd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reference request #111965
    This is still not available as of this post. We would like the server owner to authorize the connections scope and get access to that servers entire integration data. Currently every user would have to authorize the scope.

From Discord "it's something we look to support in the future"

• 0_________o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately needed in larger communities where we have even toxic subscribers coming into the discord. We could cross-ban them from both twitch and discord with this nifty feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base