How can we improve Discord?

Play a Sound like in teamspeak when you get moved

And make sounds more costumizeable. It would be nice to upload my own sounds, for "user join" and other things.

6,085 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patmatscher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminDabbit Prime (Admin, Discord) responded  · 

We hear y’all loud and clear! This has been added and is available RIGHT NOW to everybody in the whole wide world. Or WWW for short.

303 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Suburbgamer77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanna go onto a voice channel and it instantly disconects me and tries to connect me back but it just keeps disconecting fix it

• jrob007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need Add Text-to-Speech when user joins, leaves, or is moved to another channel. When someone joins the channel and I'm in the middle of a game, I would like Discord to announce their name to me, so I know who it is! It seems so basic of any voice chat client, Ventrilo does it, Mumble does it, Teamspeak does it.

• FiƝeExcuse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love The new features, and thank you one more time for choosing me in the first 5% and yes i know that its not 40% and i think its awesome, but sometimes when i use the screen share (for my friends too) it really kinda slows down my pc i know its alot to ask but if you can make it smoother my friends and i would really appreciate it!

• Ahritmetique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe u should add sound for user join in phone. And add some color when we are mute or something, because its hard to notice it

• Cora♡ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have the ability to chance to change the notification sounds.

• SoloSmithy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For screensharing, I'd appreciate the option to share the audio coming from my screen share. Say I'm showing a friend a couple of clips from a game and that clip needed the audio to make sense to my friend. It'd be a welcome addition, I'm sure of it.

• Staatiatwork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shout over all Voice channels or over selected onces. The ONLY reason why we are still using Teamspeak. Please make it happen! Please!

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

another idea is letting people upvote/downvote comments on this thread, so if people agree or disagree with an idea they can voice that opinion without needing to post a new comment.

• MarsLunaticX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the new categories system, but i wish you would allow us to move up to where the text channels are. That will give it a more of a customization feel to it. Especially for server owners!

• Avacado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having problems with the video ever since the change. me and my friend's video tears when were chatting and slowly captures the frames. we both have Logitech C920 cameras so it shouldnt be the camera's fault. not sure what happened but the video chat before the change worked splendedly

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base